7th gen Macross game wishlist

d3v

Since alot of us started talking about what we would want in a "next-gen" Macross game in the Ace Frontier thread, I decided to make a separate thread for things we'd all like to see if ever a Macross game was released on a 7th-gen console.

Let me start with mine:

-100 Player multiplayer dogfighting (I mentioned 60 in the other thread, but then realized that Sturmovik: Birds of Prey will allow for 100 so I thought, might as well).

-Campaigns which take us through classic Macross events (think SDFM for PS2, but not limited to the TV series and DYRL. Macross 7 campaigns should have you as one of the elite squadrons protecting Sound Force).

-Coop campaigns

-More valks than you can shake a gunpod at, including the more obscure ones, and the VB-6!

-Playable Zentraedi mecha, if the PSP game can have Queads, then a console game should have them too.

-Fire Bomber

That's my list, feel free to add yours, as well as agree or disagree with mine.

Edited by d3v

A Korean Macross MMORPG........just like Super Deformed Gundam Operation MMO. :huh:

Great, instead of Basara just singing inside his VF-19 Custom, it's the actual VF-19 that's singing, while playing a SD Valk sized guitar no less. :blink:

Logitech VF throttle that can adjust like Ozma's to switch modes in game + thrust peddles.

This isn't too much to ask since they made the GT force steering wheel and pedals for Gran Turismo.

I think it would make a Macross game more immersive.

Edited by Isamu Starkiller

Logitech VF throttle that can adjust like Ozma's to switch modes in game + thrust peddles.

This isn't too much to ask since they made the GT force steering wheel and pedals for Gran Turismo.

I think it would make a Macross game more immersive.

'S more Saitek's or Thrustmaster's field, really.

Logitech isn't known for their flight sim controllers. Thrustmaster's been teh historical standard, and Saitek's been trying to open some room for themselves.

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52pro.htm would look at home in a Valk, IMO. Not a flip-throttle(YET!), but...

Edit: I didn't realize Thrustmaster no longer had the Top Gun license. It's the end of an era.

Edited by JB0

Online Multiplayer (24 is a good number for squads and more likely to happen)

Co-op Campaign of the Story Mode online and Split screen or a seperate co-op campaign (make it fit into the cnnon material)

All the Valkyries from every series (yes even macross II)

Player Controlled Zentraedi Mecha

Player Controlled Destroids

All Mecha and Ships to Scale

100 km map sizes

Cockpit view with working gauges

Replay Mode (like Ace Combat 6) allow for screen capture to export to external source (ie Metal gear Solid 4)

Hangar to purchase Valkyries and view them in (like Ace Combat series)

Realistic weapon loads (like over G fighter ammo is limited unless on easy mode)

Landing and rearming and changing craft

Player Controlled Capital ships or weapon emplacements for multiplayer or as part of campaign

Campaign from multiple view and with alternative routes

Large amount of missions

Custom schemes or atleast choose from a color palate

Custom squad emblem

Multiplayer stats page and tracking

Sequences where you explore the ship or base RPG style between missions for story info and to buy secret valkyries or items and collectables at the item store or hanger

Animated or CG cutscenes

Free mission mode with endless enemies

City fight stages

Meatl Gear Solid 4 grade graphics

Multiple missile types based on the series material

non cannon what if mode

TV series character cameos

Mission select once the game is cleared

Use your own music ingame (like Xbox)

Built in encyclopedia and reference database

Photo Mode to pose valkyrie or pilots (or idols) Yeah I know Metal Gear 4 on the brains lately

Co-op Campaign of the Story Mode online and Split screen or a seperate co-op campaign (make it fit into the cnnon material)

100 km map sizes

Replay Mode (like Ace Combat 6) allow for screen capture to export to external source (ie Metal gear Solid 4)

Realistic weapon loads (like over G fighter ammo is limited unless on easy mode)

Player Controlled Capital ships or weapon emplacements for multiplayer or as part of campaign

Large amount of missions

Custom squad emblem

Sequences where you explore the ship or base RPG style between missions for story info and to buy secret valkyries or items and collectables at the item store or hanger

Animated or CG cutscenes

City fight stages

non cannon what if mode

Photo Mode to pose valkyrie or pilots (or idols) Yeah I know Metal Gear 4 on the brains lately

You forgot massive Itano circus gameplay (with some heavy lagging lol).

Macross game is not a Macross wihtout Itano circus.

'S more Saitek's or Thrustmaster's field, really.

Logitech isn't known for their flight sim controllers. Thrustmaster's been teh historical standard, and Saitek's been trying to open some room for themselves.

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52pro.htm would look at home in a Valk, IMO. Not a flip-throttle(YET!), but...

That would look right at home in a Block 6 VF-1 or a VF-22. ^_^

I like Saitek, having old one of their older (dating from the early 90's) sticks, I can vouch for the quality of their products.

Also, before we forget, since this is for a 7th gen console game.

-Achievements for XBox Live and/or Trophies for PSN are a must.

Edited by d3v

Yes thats a must and i forgot to add also the ability to look around in third person and cockpit view like your moving your head like in Over G fighters and Ace Combat.

I was wondering about that, now if it is on a console, would this be mapped to the right analog stick then? It would work for fighter mode, however what about other things you might like to map to the right analog in say gerwalk (using a control scheme similar to SDFM for PS2) and Battroid (aiming, similar to most 1st/3rd person shooters).

Also, a cover/action button in batroid mode ala GoW/MGS4.

First, I'd want a PS3 port with english subs of VFX2.

Then, I'd essentially want a VF-X3, that progresses from Macross Zero through Macross Frontier

Everything from VF-0 and SV-51 through VF-1A/J/S/X, VF4, VF11B/C, VF17, YF-19, YF-21, VF-19A/F/S, VF-22, and VF-25. They could throw in the Varauta, Protodevlin, Zentraedi (at least the Regult, Glaug, Gnerl, Nos-Ger and Q-Rau), and Destroids for multiplayer but have them as enemy in single player

Destroid deathmatches would be a blast.

100+ in multiplayer would be nice, but I'd probably be happy with 48-64.

I'd be happy using an "ordinary" HOTAS setup (love the Thrustmaster Cougar I was able to get on clearance from CompUSA) and pedals.

First, I'd want a PS3 port with english subs of VFX2.

Then, I'd essentially want a VF-X3, that progresses from Macross Zero through Macross Frontier

Everything from VF-0 and SV-51 through VF-1A/J/S/X, VF4, VF11B/C, VF17, YF-19, YF-21, VF-19A/F/S, VF-22, and VF-25. They could throw in the Varauta, Protodevlin, Zentraedi (at least the Regult, Glaug, Gnerl, Nos-Ger and Q-Rau), and Destroids for multiplayer but have them as enemy in single player

Destroid deathmatches would be a blast.

100+ in multiplayer would be nice, but I'd probably be happy with 48-64.

I'd be happy using an "ordinary" HOTAS setup (love the Thrustmaster Cougar I was able to get on clearance from CompUSA) and pedals.

I'll second the desire for an updated VF-X2, or at least a VF-X OAV.

VF-X3 sounds good, but given Artdink's work on the Gundam Battle games, Ace Frontier could very well be what I want in a new Macross game. Just stick it on a console, have campaigns running from Macross Zero through Macross Frontier, allow for the ability to capture enemy units, make every canon mecha playable (all VF's, included obscure ones like the VF-3000 and the Variable Glaug, all Destroids, Zentraedi mecha from the Regult up, the Varauta mecha, and the Anti-UN mecha from both Zero and the VF-X games), and put it on the PS3 instead of the PSP.

Well, if you really want it to be complete it would be VF-0, VF-1, VF-4, VAB-2, VA-3, VF-3000, VF-5000, VF-5, VB-6, VF-9, VF-11, VF-14, VA-14, VF-15, VF-16, V-17, VF-171, YF-19/VF-19, YF-21/VF-22, YF-24, VF-25, VF-27 plus SV-51, Az-130A, FBz-99G, Fz-109F, Feios Valkyrie, Variable Glaug and whatever I missed.

Edited by d3v

• 2 weeks later...
Since alot of us started talking about what we would want in a "next-gen" Macross game in the Ace Frontier thread, I decided to make a separate thread for things we'd all like to see if ever a Macross game was released on a 7th-gen console.

Let me start with mine:

-100 Player multiplayer dogfighting (I mentioned 60 in the other thread, but then realized that Sturmovik: Birds of Prey will allow for 100 so I thought, might as well).

-Campaigns which take us through classic Macross events (think SDFM for PS2, but not limited to the TV series and DYRL. Macross 7 campaigns should have you as one of the elite squadrons protecting Sound Force).

-Coop campaigns

-More valks than you can shake a gunpod at, including the more obscure ones, and the VB-6!

-Playable Zentraedi mecha, if the PSP game can have Queads, then a console game should have them too.

-Fire Bomber

That's my list, feel free to add yours, as well as agree or disagree with mine.

its a good idea but why for the psp and not for the computer that will alow for a bigger dogfight then 100 and it could have a patch server so the game can be updated also the people who made robotech macross and their video games could make a website for use to download it also the stuff you buy shouldnt be rental and it would be better if like in the show depending on your work and fighting you go up a rank and earn a new type of wepon for that rank and new valkeries like rick hunter was a corpler or something and he had a VF-1J and you should can your paint design for your valkerie at the begining

100 km map sizes

Large amount of missions

Custom squad emblem

Animated or CG cutscenes

City fight stages

non cannon what if mode

That's pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a Macross game. Though I'd want up to 32 players at a time, 1000km maps. Lets not forget the ability to change modes at will and not be forced into certain modes at certain times.

• 2 weeks later...

If we're going to "pie in the sky" here I want a Macross MMO set on a colony similar to Macross Frontier fleet with different zones to explore on foot/vehicle for shopping entertainment training etc., outside space zones for combat, and planetary zones for exploration.

It would have cutting edge graphics, music and allow gamers to customize their characters and play as merchants, researchers, designers, explorers, singers or soldiers. Game play experience would include Resource management, FPS challenges, Music/rhythm minigames, and Mecha action, naturally.

But we know we'll see a Gundam MMO before we ever see Macross. Heck even Star Wars tanked as an MMO.

its a good idea but why for the psp and not for the computer that will alow for a bigger dogfight then 100 and it could have a patch server so the game can be updated also the people who made robotech macross and their video games could make a website for use to download it also the stuff you buy shouldnt be rental and it would be better if like in the show depending on your work and fighting you go up a rank and earn a new type of wepon for that rank and new valkeries like rick hunter was a corpler or something and he had a VF-1J and you should can your paint design for your valkerie at the begining

Can somebody please translate this in English? I couldn't understand a single word he posted.

My only "SDF-Macross - to - Game" wish would be for it to be similar (if not better than) Ace-Combat 6.

- Extremely realistic cockpit graphics and details (with working dials, animated hands, etc. Whenever you transform, you see the pilot's hands pull the levers, and the entire cockpit changes as the machine around you transforms)

Of course I wouldn't mind a more anime approach like Silpheed - The Lost Planet. In any case, I don't care as long as the game-play is great, (perhaps bringing something new to the table), and is just plain old fun. :]