Optimus Prime MPC

Godzilla

Well, from certain angles, you can see pretty far down his face when he's 'talking' (okay, so I noticed only because I was curious if there was anything behind the plate), so I suppose they didn't want just a blank space...although you could've gotten away with such and no one would've known better. What can you say? I've seen Japanese designed toys with detailing where only someone who wanted to break the toy would ever see, so it's not too surprising.

It's been confirmed for a while now the stacks are chopped. Remeber, Hasbro said months ago that it was their GOAL to have the same stacks. Well, they failed that goal. (Nobody really expected them, it was the most "placating" news post in a while from Hasbro). They also said the gun will be black. It's not, it's grey like the JP one, at least for the first wave. Now people are saying it'll be a running change. We'll see.

And US Prime has battle damage painted on.

Hm, now I can see why Prime sounded the way Peter Cullen VOed him. I mean, look at the gritting teeth! That faceplate musta been some sort of protection for his fellow Autobots - in case his teeth explodes from the constant chewing and (god forbid) creates deadly flying splinters, that can pierce them all to death. :lol:

Edited by Beware of Blast

Hm, now I can see why Prime sounded the way Peter Cullen VOed him. I mean, look at the gritting teeth! That faceplate musta been some sort of protection for his fellow Autobots - in case his teeth explodes from the constant chewing and (god forbid) creates deadly flying splinters, that can pierce them all to death. :lol:

Or maybe it's because of this.

post-26-1073874074_thumb.gif

Or maybe it's because of this.

UN Spacy,

that's funny, where did you get that strip(comic)??

English translation of MPConvoys instruction manual.

(or try copying and pasting the URL into a new window since I suck at linking things)

http://bwtf.com/masterpiece/convoy/booklet/

I just got my MP Prime yesterday and all I can say is HOLY S**T! This thing is sweeeet! :D Worth every penny. The only problem I have is the head keeps popping off (keep your minds' out of the gutter :p ). Anyone else have this problem?

-1s.

Mine does not "pop off" at all when I turn and pose his head. I don't think you're suppose to lift Convoy by holding the head alone.

Btw, a lot of toy parts these days are engineered to pop off at certain pressure. You can then put back the part with no probelm. This ensures that the toy parts to not break or get stress marks on the plastic easily.

Mine does not "pop off" at all when I turn and pose his head. I don't think you're suppose to lift Convoy by holding the head alone.

Btw, a lot of toy parts these days are engineered to pop off at certain pressure. You can then put back the part with no probelm. This ensures that the toy parts to not break or get stress marks on the plastic easily.

I believe that... on my second transformation of my Takara Prime, the backpack piece square just popped right off. Nearly gave me a heart attack, then I took a look at it and realized it comes off very easily and no damage or stress marks were on the toy. So I just popped it back on.

I believe that... on my second transformation of my Takara Prime, the backpack piece square just popped right off.  Nearly gave me a heart attack, then I took a look at it and realized it comes off very easily and no damage or stress marks were on the toy.  So I just popped it back on.

Yeah, the same thing happen to my Prime. I forgot to lift the two headlight hinged pieces away at the back before I open the backpack piece to stow his head. And it came off.

Edited by Beware of Blast

Trust me, I did not hold it by its head! All i did was turn it slightly from side to side with little force, and POP! -off it went :( Fantastic peice otherwise.

-1s.

So, did you manage to put it back on? My Convoy's head is okay so far. Another piece that came off my Prime during transformation was his left foot - when I turned his foot and the connection at the ankle gave way. But that was no problem soon after I put it back on.