Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

They preempt for the Euro Cup, but not for the Olympics?

If it's gonna be 25 episodes we'll get a September 26th finale or 28 episodes with an October 17th finale.

In conjunction with the end of the Macross Frontier series, a concert entitled Kanno Yoko Presents Macross F Galaxy Tour Final” will be held in Pacifico Yokohama on October 13, 2008.

It's confirmed as 28 episodes then?

They preempt for the Euro Cup, but not for the Olympics?

Two reasons, one is that Macross F is on at like 1 in the morning: it's all about time differences. And the second is that AFAIK the terrestrial channels don't have the rights to show live Olympic events, you have to have satellite for that. The Euro Cup is not as big a deal in Japan, so that was on, though.

Two reasons, one is that Macross F is on at like 1 in the morning: it's all about time differences.

Japan is only an hour ahead of Beijing. There's no real need to pre-empt late night shows for coverage.

Japan is only an hour ahead of Beijing. There's no real need to pre-empt late night shows for coverage.

That's exactly my point. That's why it wasn't pre-empted for the Olympics, while it was for the Euro Cup.

Edited by Renato

All info thanks to kresphy ^_^

1、Charaberrys Vol.5:

922212.png

a. Alto

- Alto's mum is named 美代(Miyo), she passed away when he's 12.

- His mum told him about "true freedom in the sky", which is the reason why he yearns for the skies. Also, he has been folding and flying paper planes since young because his mum was always happy when she saw that.

- Alto starts to have doubts about fighting the war. "What am I fighting for?"

- Alto's brother 矢三郎(Yasaburo) was not in the original character designs, but was later created by 吉野弘幸(Hiroyuki Yoshino). Alto and his father's disagreements were not due to direct conflicts between these two, but Yasaburo was speaking on behalf of Ranzo.

- Regarding the Saotome family residence, other than the main residence where Ranzo lives, there is another separate house where Alto's mum used to stay due to her being weak. This is the place where Alto's mum used to comb his hair, and mother and son used to live together harmoniously. This is also the place where Yasaburo brought the unconscious Sheryl in ep 19.

-------------------------

b. Sheryl and Ranka

- There is a picture of Grace and a very young Ranka

- Mao Nome was wearing earring(s) similar to those of Sheryl's (key point)

- Ranka realised who she really wants to sing to, she looks for Alto

Alto found out about Sheryl being sick, he looks for Sheryl

The development in the moods of these three will be quickened

- Mikhail and Klan continue to look into the truth behind the V-type infection

discovers a picture of the researchers with young Sheryl and Ranka

the two singers were thought to be unrelated, yet the V-type infection is to be the link between them.

To create a man-made Queen, Sheryl seems to have gone through some experiments.

- Similar to the purple stones in Sheryl's earrings (key point), Ranka's singing voice are able to produce weak fold waves

- Ranka's mother Ranshe May looks more similar to Sheryl rather than Ranka?!

c. Grace

- Grace chose Frontier because of its route (key point).

She planned for the Vajra to hide within the Frontier and head towards the galactic center

There is something waiting for them in the galactic center

d. SK

Something interesting during an interview with SK:

- Due to the very nice effect in ep 2 where Ranka sings Diamond Crevasse and Sheryl joins in the singing, more duets were added. In Ep 7, Sheryl was originally supposed to sing Sagittarius, but was later changed to the duet of Infinity.

- The staff team members do not mind modifications to contents and settings. For e.g., what was done in Ep 10 "Legend of Zero" was not originally planned.

- Alto has the most exposure. If the female roles were too pretty, the female viewers might feel negatively, so Alto was designed to be most physically attractive.

======================================

2、NT issue 9

中村悠一(Yuichi Nakamura, Alto's CV):

「我敢保證戀愛的結局會讓大家嚇一跳」(重點)

我跟Alto都在錄音現場被大家海扁....

Newtype September issue

中村悠一(Yuichi Nakamura, Alto's CV):

"I guarantee you that the conclusion of love triangle will surprise everybody." (key point)

Alto and I were mobbed by everybody in the recording studio.

source: kresphy

Edited by Shun

- Mao Nome was wearing a earring similar to those of Sheryl's (key point)

- Mikhail and Klan continues to looks into the truth behind the V-type infection

discovers a picture of the researchers with young Sheryl and Ranka

the two singers were thought to be unrelated, yet the V-type infection is to be the link between them.

To create a man-made Queen, Sheryl seems to have gone through some experiments.

- Similar to the purple stones in Sheryl's earrings (key point), Ranka's singing voice are able to produce weak fold waves

- Ranka's mother Ranshe May looks more similar to Sheryl rather than Ranka?!

YES! Vindication! <happy dance>

Take that, Togo! :p

"I guarantee you that the conclusion of love triangle will surprise everybody." (key point)

Alto and I were mobbed by everybody in the recording studio.

"Uh-oh" to that. I´d rather have an organic ending, rather than a "surprise" one.

In case we get a "surprise" though, I think Sheryl and Ranka will merge into one person. Hopefully not, though. I don´t want any Ranka spoiling my queen.

^_^

Edited by magnuskn

YES! Vindication! <happy dance>

Take that, Togo! :p

Vindicated? Uh, how? I said it before and I'll say it again, if you liked Anakin building CP-30 and Yoda being old friends with Chewbacca, then you'll like Kawamori's backstory for Macross Frontier. If not, you may find it a little bit ridiculous.

However, I think you are reading too much into too little information.

Vindicated? Uh, how? I said it before and I'll say it again, if you liked Anakin building CP-30 and Yoda being old friends with Chewbacca, then you'll like Kawamori's backstory for Macross Frontier. If not, you may find it a little bit ridiculous.

However, I think you are reading too much into too little information.

Oh, so your defense now is "I don´t care if you were right, my opinion is just better!"? :p

Because Olympics Baseball, Maybe EP.19 will be delayed 1 hour.

Wut? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh, well. The Pathfinder RPG beta should be downloadable by the time I get back home, anyway. ^_^

Oh, so your defense now is "I don´t care if you were right, my opinion is just better!"? :p

Perhaps you need to go back and re-read the thread in question. And of course my opinion is better, I'm Duke Togo.

Perhaps you need to go back and re-read the thread in question. And of course my opinion is better, I'm Duke Togo.

Ahem... I distinctly remember you saying that Sheryl being only a child on the street which Grace picked up was so much better and likely... ^_^

Settle down, you two.

Lots of interesting information here. It answers some questions we've all been speculating over (or does it?), but mostly in the category of, "WTF happened in the past?" In terms of future events, I only see one real spoiler.

It's a pretty big WTF one, though. The love triangle's resolution being surprising? Well, I guess we can write off Sheryl ending up with Alto, then, which seems like the most conventional ending right now. You know, I've always thought Frontier's love triangle would probably have an unconventional resolution (it's "Macross in high school," after all), but I wasn't going to speculate on something that open-ended.

Latest crazy theory: Alto ends up with Yasubaro. ;)

Other than that, I'm still not. I'm a bit peeved right now, though. I hope whatever the twist ending is, it's not "everyone lives happily ever after" or "everyone doesn't." Love triangles are only interesting where somebody has to make a real choice; it's a zero sum game, with nothing but heartbreak for second place. Anything less is a cop-out, no matter how "surprising" it might be.

Lots of interesting information here. It answers some questions we've all been speculating over (or does it?), but mostly in the category of, "WTF happened in the past?" In terms of future events, I only see one real spoiler.

It's a pretty big WTF one, though. The love triangle's resolution being surprising? Well, I guess we can write off Sheryl ending up with Alto, then, which seems like the most conventional ending right now.

To me, the conventional ending had Alto and Ranka ending up together. That's atleast how things felt in the first 10 episodes or so. I still think they will end up together, to me Alto and Sheryl being together would be a surprise.

I´ll leave it at that.

"But we still have anywhere from 8 to 10 episodes left, so who knows. Kawamori could do anything he wanted with it, really."

As I said, you need to reread that thread.

To me, the conventional ending had Alto and Ranka ending up together. That's atleast how things felt in the first 10 episodes or so. I still think they will end up together, to me Alto and Sheryl being together would be a surprise.

"But we still have anywhere from 8 to 10 episodes left, so who knows. Kawamori could do anything he wanted with it, really."

As I said, you need to reread that thread.

What of it?

Right, take one quote and forget the rest of your opinion, which was overwhelmingly "Sheryl is just a street girl, more would be needlessly confusing". I think not.

Ah, screw it. I got better stuff to do this evening. Watching Sheryl, reading the Pathfinder RPG beta, going to see Clone Wars... it´s a good evening. This sweet victory just makes it better. :)

All info thanks to kresphy ^_^

c. Grace

- Grace chose Frontier because of its route (key point).

She planned for the Vajra to hide within the Frontier and head towards the galactic center

There is something waiting for them in the galactic center

Above anything else

(The so-called love triangle conclusion, Sheryl and Ranka's origin, etc., etc.)

this is by far what excites/intrigues/interests me the most...

(

Megaroad-01

anyone?)

:blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn