19話 トライアングラー

ランカが飼っていたペットのあい君が突然いなくなった。

ランカはブレラに手伝いを頼み、いっしょにあい君を捜索する。

途中、誰のために歌っているのか、とブレラに問われたランカ。

歌うことに疑問を感じはじめていた彼女は、その一言をきっかけに、自分の本当の気持ちに気付く。

一方、シェリルは見舞いに訪れたアルトに、もう歌わないと告げる。(NT)

「誰のために歌う?」という問いかけに、疑問を感じ始めていたランカ。

本当の自分の気持ちに気づく時に…(コンプエース)

ランカは自分の本当の気持ちに気づく。一方、シェリルはもう歌わないと、アルトに告げる。(TVFan)

演出・絵コンテ=田中孝行 作画監督=入江篤、塚原元

20話 ダイアモンド・クレバス

美星学園で行われるランカのコンサートで、ランカ、アルト、シェリルの3人が顔を合わせる。

それぞれの思いが交錯する中、バジュラの襲撃が。いつ誰が死ぬともしれない状況でランカたちは…。(NT)

ランカのコンサートで”3人”の思いが交錯する。(TVFan)

演出=松田清 絵コンテ=殿勝秀樹・河森正治 作画監督=大籠之仁・大塚八愛

21話 蒼のエーテル

バジュラとの戦いが続く中、ある者は愛する人を失い、またある者は

憎しみを増大させていた。

そんな人々の思いを紛らわすためだけの

歌う道具になることを嫌ったランカは、一大決心をするのだった。(NT)

三島首席補佐官の陰謀が大きく動き出す中、人々の悲しみと憎しみを背負う

”歌う道具”となることを拒んだランカは一大決心する。(TVFan)

演出=鹿島典夫 絵コンテ=殿勝秀樹・河森正治 作画監督=関口雅浩・KIM YONG-SIK

22話 ノーザン・クロス

人々のバジュラに対する憎悪は増し、アルトやルカも憎しみを抑えきれず

新兵器でバジュラを全滅させることばかり考えていた。しかし、大統領府主席補佐官

三島の陰謀を探っていたオズマは、事件の裏にいる真の敵に気付き始める。(NT)

演出=未定 絵コンテ=未定 作画監督=未定

p.s.

According to EP.21 and 22

Maybe Mikhail will...

T T

Edited by kresphy

18話「フォールド・フェーム」

シェリルは体調がなかなか回復せず不安になってしまう。

アルトを探しに出かけるが、高熱で倒れ…(コンプエース)

体調が回復しないまま、アルトを探すシェリルは高熱で倒れてしまう。(TVFan)

19話 トライアングラー

「誰のために歌う?」という問いかけに、疑問を感じ始めていたランカ。

本当の自分の気持ちに気づく時に…(コンプエース)

ランカは自分の本当の気持ちに気づく。一方、シェリルはもう歌わないと、アルトに告げる。(TVFan)

演出・絵コンテ=田中孝行 作画監督=入江篤、塚原元

20話 ダイアモンド・クレバス

ランカのコンサートで”3人”の思いが交錯する。(TVFan)

演出=松田清 絵コンテ=殿勝秀樹・河森正治 作画監督=大籠之仁・大塚八愛

21話 蒼のエーテル

憎しみを増大させていた。

そんな人々の思いを紛らわすためだけの

三島首席補佐官の陰謀が大きく動き出す中、人々の悲しみと憎しみを背負う

”歌う道具”となることを拒んだランカは一大決心する。(TVFan)

演出=鹿島典夫 絵コンテ=殿勝秀樹・河森正治 作画監督=関口雅浩・KIM YONG-SIK

22話 ノーザン・クロス

人々のバジュラに対する憎悪は増し、アルトやルカも憎しみを抑えきれず

演出=未定 絵コンテ=未定 作画監督=未定

p.s.

According to EP.21 and 22

Maybe Mikhail will...

T T

wow ! thanks for the info :) Now I am really looking forward to those episodes!

Thanks for the scans and info paper2k1 and kresphy, I run that stuff through babelfish (lol) but from what it made out I have to agree with you kresphy about 21/22.

Michael seems a goner... maybe Nanase? I'm guessing a lot of civilians get killed too if there's massive outrage at the Varja. I wonder how Sheryl's song names come into play being the episode titles for 20 and 22..... will 22 be the performance of Northern Cross..?

Many thanks to kresphy for the raw synopsis and paper2k1 for the September 2008 Newtype (NT) scans. Here's my quick and dirty translation of 19-22.

19話 トライアングラー (Triangular)

Ranka's pet Ai-kun suddenly disappears. Ranka asks Barera for help and they look for Ai-kun together. Along the way, Barera asks Ranka who does she sing for? Ranka, who's beginning to feel doubt about her singing, starts to consider her true feelings.

Meanwhile, Sheryl visits Alto and tells him she will no longer sing.

20話 ダイアモンド・クレバス (Diamond Crevasse)

At Ranka's concert in Mihoshi Academy, Ranka, Alto, and Sheryl meet. While their thoughts and feelings cross each other, the Vajra attacks. In a situation where anyone may die at anytime, Ranka's group......

21話 蒼のエーテル (Blue Ether)

憎しみを増大させていた。そんな人々の思いを紛らわすためだけの

In the on-going war against Vajra, people lose their love ones and their hatred grew. Hating to be a singing tool and wanting to clear up those people's thoughts, Ranka is determined to take a major step.

22話 ノーザン・クロス (Northern Cross)

人々のバジュラに対する憎悪は増し、アルトやルカも憎しみを抑えきれず、

People's hatred of the Vajra is growing by leaps and bounds, and even Alto and Luka cannot control their hatred. Moreover, a new weapon is being considered to utterly exterminate all Vajra. However, Ozma, who has been researching Leon's conspiracy, is beginning to see the real enemy behind all this.

The speculation about Michael dying (also going on in Chinese BBS) comes from the synopsis in 21 where it talks about people losing love ones and Alto and Luka being mad in episode 22. This = Michael eating pineapple salad is a bit of a stretch.

Once again, the synopsis for MF have a long and honored tradition of being grossly incomplete, so I recommend people not read too much into it and just enjoy the ride. ;)

Finally, Northern Cross is the new ED and Sheryl's confession song to Alto. So if it's in episode 22, maybe we'll see a confession? :)

Edited by Darial

Oh God.

Alto pissed off? It better not be because of Sheryl having eaten the pineapple salad!

Nah, I doubt it. Alto has always been an emo guy, and ever since that fight with Temujin in Episode 12, he's been muttering that line about the universe is too small for two species to co-exist. He's been going down the line of becoming a ruthless xenophobe in the past few episodes. So I think more general pain and suffering alone will set him off. And don't forget anime companies need living, breathing anime idols to sell OSTs and Singles. Dead idols aren't good marketing tools. :rolleyes:

Nah, I doubt it. Alto has always been an emo guy, and ever since that fight with Temujin in Episode 12, he's been muttering that line about the universe is too small for two species to co-exist. He's been going down the line of becoming a ruthless xenophobe in the past few episodes. So I think more general pain and suffering alone will set him off. And don't forget anime companies need living, breathing anime idols to sell OSTs and Singles. Dead idols aren't good marketing tools. :rolleyes:

Based on the episode synopsis, I think it would be Mikhail who would be having the pineapple salad courtesy of the vajra but then again we would led by the producers to believe that Ozma would be killed in episode 17. Mikhail's death may have trigger Alto's hatred.

Based on the episode synopsis, I think it would be Mikhail who would be having the pineapple salad courtesy of the vajra but then again we would led by the producers to believe that Ozma would be killed in episode 17. Mikhail's death may have trigger Alto's hatred.

How do you figure it'd be Michael though? Only thing that has going for it is that he isn't mentioned, which is sort of weak. The reason he isn't included in the whole 'hate' thing could just as well being that he is getting suspicious himself from having that pill checked up on.

How do you figure it'd be Michael though? Only thing that has going for it is that he isn't mentioned, which is sort of weak. The reason he isn't included in the whole 'hate' thing could just as well being that he is getting suspicious himself from having that pill checked up on.

It is just speculation based on the synopsis.

I think the Vajra do something besides feed a main character a pineapple salad next ep,

Michael still has to solve the mystery of the pill before he can be killed; I think if ANYONE kills Michael it'll be Grace & Co, but I still say that Michael's not going to do without first confessing his love to KlanKlan.

I think if ANYONE kills Michael it'll be Grace & Co, but I still say that Michael's not going to do without first confessing his love to KlanKlan.

If Michael dies, somehow I expect Klan Klan to go out in a blaze of glory too.

:ph34r:

If Michael dies, somehow I expect Klan Klan to go out in a blaze of glory too.

:ph34r:

And as I've been saying, if one goes, so does the other. I don't expect them to die unless they die together in an amazing lovemaking/vajra-masscre blaze of glory making love in all the ways they couldn't in micronian form. Symbolic, right??

Cos even though I reckon Michael is half-zentran or some other zentran mix, I am pretty sure he cannot be macronized due to a genetic glitch of his own.

:nudgenudge: no?

I SUPPORT MICHAEL + KLANKLAN

In any case, Michael and KlanKlan likely will NOT eat the big one... if the existing parallels between SDF:M continue, they will be the couple that lives happily ever after. I do see Luca and Nanase eating shat together, tho. Or maybe Luca confesses his love to Nanase and then instead of Luca dying, Nanase eats it.

I can see Michael eating the pineapple salad. Either by the Vajras or the conspirators. Sheryl's been getting pilot training and we were reminded of that recently (don't remember the episode #). I believe there's a reason for it. Therefore, it would stand to reason that a VF would need to be freed up for her ala Gilliam. What else is she going to do if she does in fact give up singing?...

I can see Michael eating the pineapple salad. Either by the Vajras or the conspirators. Sheryl's been getting pilot training and we were reminded of that recently (don't remember the episode #). I believe there's a reason for it. Therefore, it would stand to reason that a VF would need to be freed up for her ala Gilliam. What else is she going to do if she does in fact give up singing?...

Go back to it?

EDIT: Guess I should clarify I don't think it's too unlikely if Sheryl starts piloting, I do find it more likely she'd go back to singing than replacing Michael as Skull 2.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Go back to it?

I'm sure she could. I just think that there has to be some significance to her taking pilot classes. Personally, I think it would be awesome to see her kicking @ss as a pilot. She already has the attitude for it.

I'm sure she could. I just think that there has to be some significance to her taking pilot classes. Personally, I think it would be awesome to see her kicking @ss as a pilot. She already has the attitude for it.

Fair enough. I just see the whole 'not sing' thing as a temporary phase that almost all Macross singers go through. Minmei, Myung heck even Basara... (wildly different circumstances in each of these cases though). But I'm not alien to the idea that she does in fact indeed give it up for good.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

People's hatred of the Vajra is growing by leaps and bounds, and even Alto and Luka cannot control their hatred. Moreover, a new weapon is being considered to utterly exterminate all Vajra. However, Ozma, who has been researching Leon's conspiracy, is beginning to see the real enemy behind all this.

How are we supposed to parse that last sentence? As in,

"Alto and Luca cannot control

their hatred of the Vajra,"

or

Alto and Luca cannot control the

people's hatred of the Vajra"

? Depending on how you interpret it determines if

Alto becomes a xenophobe.

How are we supposed to parse that last sentence? As in,

"Alto and Luca cannot control

their hatred of the Vajra,"

or

Alto and Luca cannot control the

people's hatred of the Vajra"

? Depending on how you interpret it determines if

Alto becomes a xenophobe.

That's a very good point. I learned Japanese back in college so I'm not at native level by a long shot. I interpreted it as

Alto and Luca cannot control their hatred of the Vajra because they are fighter pilots, not PR folks, so it's more likely for them to get pissed off at the enemy than trying to sway popular opinion. Additionally, if you remember episode 14 & 17, Alto has bought into Temujin's line in episode 12 about the universe not being big enough for two species. So the plot line for Alto going down the path of xenocide has been laid for a while. Now how he overcomes this mistaken impression/hatred is likely to be a central plot point in the last part of the series.

I think the Vajra do something besides feed a main character a pineapple salad next ep,

Michael still has to solve the mystery of the pill before he can be killed; I think if ANYONE kills Michael it'll be Grace & Co, but I still say that Michael's not going to do without first confessing his love to KlanKlan.

People are missing the obvious...

Alto's father eats the pineapple salad.

He's estranged from him and the old codger dies before they can reconcile. That's something that would fuel his rage....

Many thanks to kresphy for the raw synopsis and paper2k1 for the September 2008 Newtype (NT) scans. Here's my quick and dirty translation of 19-22.

19話 トライアングラー (Triangular)

Ranka's pet Ai-kun suddenly disappears. Ranka asks Barera for help and they look for Ai-kun together. Along the way, Barera asks Ranka who does she sing for? Ranka, who's beginning to feel doubt about her singing, starts to consider her true feelings.

Meanwhile, Sheryl visits Alto and tells him she will no longer sing.

20話 ダイアモンド・クレバス (Diamond Crevasse)

At Ranka's concert in Mihoshi Academy, Ranka, Alto, and Sheryl meet. While their thoughts and feelings cross each other, the Vajra attacks. In a situation where anyone may die at anytime, Ranka's group......

21話 蒼のエーテル (Blue Ether)

憎しみを増大させていた。そんな人々の思いを紛らわすためだけの

In the on-going war against Vajra, people lose their love ones and their hatred grew. Hating to be a singing tool and wanting to clear up those people's thoughts, Ranka is determined to take a major step.

The speculation about Michael dying (also going on in Chinese BBS) comes from the synopsis in 21 where it talks about people losing love ones and Alto and Luka being mad in episode 22. This = Michael eating pineapple salad is a bit of a stretch.

Once again, the synopsis for MF have a long and honored tradition of being grossly incomplete, so I recommend people not read too much into it and just enjoy the ride. ;)

Finally, Northern Cross is the new ED and Sheryl's confession song to Alto. So if it's in episode 22, maybe we'll see a confession? :)

Well... It seems to me that

in Ep 19 Ai-Kun will begin to change into a big type Vajra...

In Ep 20 Alto and friends will be caught in a Vajra attack on Mihoshi Academy. Perhaps some may die in the ordeal? Nanase? Mikhail? Very convenient for Grace if that's the case... (and that would also explain Luca and Alto getting angry at the Vajra next episode...)

And the new weapon in Ep 22 may very well be the Dimension Eater...

:wacko:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

People are missing the obvious...

Alto's father eats the pineapple salad.

He's estranged from him and the old codger dies before they can reconcile. That's something that would fuel his rage....

I reckoned Alto's father dying was a non-issue because we KNOW it is going to happen; it's obvious he's not in good health.

I don't really think this is a spoiler.

He probably does die without Alto reconciling with him and so Alto has issues about that as a consequence; yes, it is obvious.

I reckoned Alto's father dying was a non-issue because we KNOW it is going to happen; it's obvious he's not in good health.

I don't really think this is a spoiler.

He probably does die without Alto reconciling with him and so Alto has issues about that as a consequence; yes, it is obvious.

Actually he is in good health. His illness was a false story to entice Alto to return to the family business.