Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

Gubaba: But the original Mobile Suit Gundam only has 1 OP, and most of the Super Robot shows prior to that only has one. Heck, Mazinger Z and Getter Robo only needed that only one to makes them sound awesome...

Yeah, I guess d3v really is a grandma-type fan. :p

There's so much good stuff coming up near my birthday.

-Macross Ace Frontier 10/08

-Frontier OST #2 10/08

-FINALE of Frontier 10/13

-TTGL Revoltech 10/15

October is gonna be Deculture!

I constantyl said in this thread to people worried about low ratings to not be too caught up in them since it was a late night show, and late night shows like Geass and Haruhi moved a lot of dvd units. Thankfully Frontier didn't let me down in that regard too! Copying a post of mine I put together for Suki, got the news off AnimeOnDVDs forums and inserted a lot of info from Suki's DVD sales thread.

Frontier Blueray Vol 1 outsells DVD Vol 1 22k to 18k.

http://life.oricon.co.jp/56899/full/

This is according to Oricon.. and I've seen some weird figures from them.. I remember when Triangler first came out a thread on www.jpopmusic.com for it at one stage had "50k Oricon, 70k Billboard" in the topic name. Also going by the press released that announced them shipping 55k dvds and 45k Bluerays for Vol 1 the music cds sold the following, oricon figures in brackets.. not updated with the latest weeks charts.

OST = 190k (134k)

Triangler = 120k (84k)

DC/Don't Be Late = 120k (95k)

Interstellar Flight = 90k (52k)

Anyway going by Oricon Frontier is doing pretty damn well with 40,000 copies, which combined is amazingly good for an animated tv series. If I combined the blueray and dvd figures together the top 5 single volumes sold this year according to Oricon would look like...

2008/01/25 42,415 Gundam 00 Vol. 1 (Two episodes)

2008/07/25 40,000 Macross F Vol 1 (Two versions of Episode 1)

2008/02/22 35,359 Gundam 00 Vol. 2 (Four episodes)

2008/03/25 32,856 Gundam 00 Vol. 3 (Four episodes)

2008/04/25 30,722 Gundam 00 Vol. 4 (Four episodes)

Last years would be.

2007/01/26 62,527 Code Geass Vol. 01 (One episode)

2007/02/23 52,702 Code Geass Vol. 02 (Three episodes)

2007/03/23 47,710 Code Geass Vol. 03 (Three episodes)

2007/01/26 44,899 Haruhi Vol. 7 Limited Edition (One episode)

2007/04/25 43,106 Code Geass Vol. 04 (Three episodes)

Code Geass already has a sequel... Gundam 00's sequel is starting in October.. Haruhi will probably be in April 2009... these sales might not mean we get a Frontier sequel because it all depends on how it ends.. but I think this bodes pretty damn well for more Macross, whether Frontier or something brand new to be done sooner than later.

Has it been confirmed?

That's a Monday, it would be the 16th (or 17th really0 if it goes to 28 episodes. The Yahoo Japan article stated 17th of october and they would actually use the correct date.

OST II comes out the 8th of October

Kanno Yoko Presents Macross F Galaxy Tour Final is on the 13th of October and is set to coincide with the finale of Macross F

Blueray Volume 2 is 95 mins long which means 4 episodes instead of 3.

October 16/17 would mean 28 episodes.

Anyway going by Oricon Frontier is doing pretty damn well with 40,000 copies, which combined is amazingly good for an animated tv series.

And it's just come out. These are very good numbers. Only few thousand copies more and we can top the most popular series of the last years.

Code Geass already has a sequel... Gundam 00's sequel is starting in October.. Haruhi will probably be in April 2009... these sales might not mean we get a Frontier sequel because it all depends on how it ends.. but I think this bodes pretty damn well for more Macross, whether Frontier or something brand new to be done sooner than later.

Code Geass and Gundam 00 don't have sequels, they have second seasons. The distinction must be made because they were already planned to be extended. Gundam 00 was 52 episodes from the start, Code Geass was trying its luck and got bingo. Macross Frontier feels too tightly scripted to have a further season, but it can always have alternative retelling movie/OVAs.

Personally I am against a second season for Frontier, for a very simple reason: next timeslot available is likely to be a year later. How can I wait another year to know how Frontier ends? :ph34r::huh::angry:

FV

Personally I am against a second season for Frontier, for a very simple reason: next timeslot available is likely to be a year later. How can I wait another year to know how Frontier ends? :ph34r::huh::angry:

FV

Nah they don't do timeslots that far in advance, I think Sunrise's Tales of the Abyss anime adaption will be taking over the Frontier timeslot since it's airing on MBS as well.

Blueray Volume 2 is 95 mins long which means 4 episodes instead of 3.

Is that confirmed? Amazon lists 95m while CDJapan lists it at 72m. I'm leaning towards Amazon as the more credible source... although I haven't looked on the official Macross site...

Is that confirmed? Amazon lists 95m while CDJapan lists it at 72m. I'm leaning towards Amazon as the more credible source... although I haven't looked on the official Macross site...

3 episodes/disc x 24 min/episode = 72 min

Both Amazon and CD Japan only list 3 episodes/disc. Amazon may be counting the episode with audio commentary as another episode. It really depends on the information they get from their distributors.

What's this Yack Deculture Ep. 1? How is it different than the regular Deculture one?

It adds the missing footage that was seen in the TV broadcast. It's a blend of the Deculture edition and the TV broadcast.

-Frontier OST #2 10/08

-TTGL Revoltech 10/15

October is going to make every macross fan go nuts. Looks like I will have to get my psp next month and pre-order Macross Ace.

I constantyl said in this thread to people worried about low ratings to not be too caught up in them since it was a late night show, and late night shows like Geass and Haruhi moved a lot of dvd units. Thankfully Frontier didn't let me down in that regard too! Copying a post of mine I put together for Suki, got the news off AnimeOnDVDs forums and inserted a lot of info from Suki's DVD sales thread.

Frontier Blueray Vol 1 outsells DVD Vol 1 22k to 18k.

http://life.oricon.co.jp/56899/full/

This is according to Oricon.. and I've seen some weird figures from them.. I remember when Triangler first came out a thread on www.jpopmusic.com for it at one stage had "50k Oricon, 70k Billboard" in the topic name. Also going by the press released that announced them shipping 55k dvds and 45k Bluerays for Vol 1 the music cds sold the following, oricon figures in brackets.. not updated with the latest weeks charts.

OST = 190k (134k)

Triangler = 120k (84k)

DC/Don't Be Late = 120k (95k)

Interstellar Flight = 90k (52k)

Anyway going by Oricon Frontier is doing pretty damn well with 40,000 copies, which combined is amazingly good for an animated tv series. If I combined the blueray and dvd figures together the top 5 single volumes sold this year according to Oricon would look like...

2008/01/25 42,415 Gundam 00 Vol. 1 (Two episodes)

2008/07/25 40,000 Macross F Vol 1 (Two versions of Episode 1)

2008/02/22 35,359 Gundam 00 Vol. 2 (Four episodes)

2008/03/25 32,856 Gundam 00 Vol. 3 (Four episodes)

2008/04/25 30,722 Gundam 00 Vol. 4 (Four episodes)

Last years would be.

2007/01/26 62,527 Code Geass Vol. 01 (One episode)

2007/02/23 52,702 Code Geass Vol. 02 (Three episodes)

2007/03/23 47,710 Code Geass Vol. 03 (Three episodes)

2007/01/26 44,899 Haruhi Vol. 7 Limited Edition (One episode)

2007/04/25 43,106 Code Geass Vol. 04 (Three episodes)

Thanks alot for this, I was actually wondering about sale numbers on my way back from work this afternoon. Personally I apreciate you posting this type of info, I don't really know where else I'd get it :p As far as more Macross is concerned, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they announce something by the end of Frontier, just by looking at all the numbers both soundtrack(s) and DVD sales it's clear that MacF has been a sucess for all the companies involved (so far), from what I gathered by reading things posted here and elsewhere, reception has been very positive to say the least, I posted before that satelight dropped their other "high profile" project, the Hellsing Ultimate OVA, which MADHOUSE is picking up, meaning they (Satelight) could put all their resources behind another Macross project if they wanted, from a business stand point, it'd make sense for them to go into this direction, since they have full control of the franchise, in other words there's more money to be made from an in-house project than from an out-sourced one, especially with the kind of sucess that Frontier is enjoying at this time. I'm crossing my fingers.

-Frontier OST #2 10/08

-TTGL Revoltech 10/15

HMV Japan just put up pre-orders for a lot of Macross F stuff (including the new DVDs and BDs up to #6). They also listed the second soundtrack as well as a book from Kadokawa Shoten called "Macross 2059: MEMORIES" for 1,260 yen for 10/31.

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2768499

Not much is revealed, but it says that it's the definite book on Macross F (complete record) with a playback on all the episodes up to the final episode. Includes best scenes of Sheryl, Ranka, and Alto as well as mecha info, etc.

For 1,260 yen, I hope it's a great book, but I'm not expecting much since it sounds like it's going to be a small book. We'll see when more info comes out.

It's a Newtype\BigWest book. Perhaps it'll be something like their 100% series? Which shouldn't be too bad. Colour picts from Newtype, lineart from the series, brief synopsis, perhaps even some music sheets.

Which reminds me: a book containing all (or most or whatever) the music sheets from MF has been released. I spotted it at Animate. As I don't read music and have lost my ability to play it on an instrument, I passed on it, and went straight for the BD.

It's a Newtype\BigWest book. Perhaps it'll be something like their 100% series? Which shouldn't be too bad. Colour picts from Newtype, lineart from the series, brief synopsis, perhaps even some music sheets.

Which reminds me: a book containing all (or most or whatever) the music sheets from MF has been released. I spotted it at Animate. As I don't read music and have lost my ability to play it on an instrument, I passed on it, and went straight for the BD.

I don't think it will be like the 100% series, since they were more expensive at 1,500 yen-ish each. I've tried to look up the book size, but no luck. Closest thing I could find that I figure it would be like is a Ghibli Ponyo book Kadokawa is releasing on 8/9 for the same 1,260 price.

マクロスF OP2「ライオン」 メロディ by May'n

Macross F OP2, Lion Melody, by May'n

Lyrics in YouTube

星をまわる流星 世界の真ん中で

くしゃみすれば どこかの 森で蝶が乱舞

キミが守る ドアの鍵デタラメ

恥ずかしい物語 舐めあっても ライオンは強い

生き残りたい 生き残りたい まだ生きてたくなる

星座の導きで 今 見つめ合った

生き残りたい 途方に暮れて キラリ枯れてゆく

本気のカラダ 見せ付けるまで 私 眠らない

生き残りたい まだ生きてたい キミを愛してる

本気のココロ 見せ付けるまで 私 眠らない

Edited by kresphy

マクロスF OP2「ライオン」 メロディ by May'n

Macross F OP2, Lion Melody, by May'n

星をまわる流星 世界の真ん中で

くしゃみすれば どこかの 森で蝶が乱舞

キミが守る ドアの鍵デタラメ

恥ずかしい物語 舐めあっても ライオンは強い

生き残りたい 生き残りたい まだ生きてたくなる

星座の導きで 今 見つめ合った

生き残りたい 途方に暮れて キラリ枯れてゆく

本気のカラダ 見せ付けるまで 私 眠らない

生き残りたい まだ生きてたい キミを愛してる

本気のココロ 見せ付けるまで 私 眠らない

No Megumi? Or is this a "duet" in the vein of What About My Star @ folmo from the ost? Where it will be 80% May'n and 20% Megumi. I've been listenting to the demo version of Lion by Kanno and it's pretty good, can't wait to hear it next week!

Anyway they better survive *shakes fist at Kawamori*

EDIT: There are two acapella versions of Lion that I've heard, both acapellas are from one fan who was trying to remember what the song sounded like after she heard it from the Macross Super Live. The only official one I've heard so far is the Kanno demo.

Nico Video of fan who sounds very very very much like May'n:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm4122569

The video comment of the poster says that she's singing from memory.

Let me listen again and see if the lyrics match Kanno's demo...

Edited by mike_s_6

I rather have the white and red 25th anniversary one shown at the beginning.

It was actually shown, didn't you notice there were several white VF-25s on screen at the same time? Check out at:

0:30 Red central strip with two yellow strips inside.

0:38 There's a white VF-25 which have something red on the tail fins, definitively no SMS logo unlike Michael's VF-25.

1:31 There are white VF-25s with something red on the nose

FV

Edited by Final Vegeta

I rather have the white and red 25th anniversary one shown at the beginning.

Yeah now that you mention it, yeah I hope Bandai has plans to produce all of them , the 25th anni, Sheryl Custom and Ranka Custom ( they are too cool to miss them out !)

It was actually shown, didn't you notice there were several white VF-25s on screen at the same time? Check out at:

0:30 Red central strip with two yellow strips inside.

0:38 There's a white VF-25 which have something red on the tail fins, definitively no SMS logo unlike Michael's VF-25.

1:31 There are white VF-25s with something red on the nose

FV

I did notice it but it was most clearly seen at the beginning so I mentioned it.