Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

ALL THAT VF:

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=t8k4MKFNAj4

I reaction is "That's all?" It's too short, and too few different VFs.

Not really. As posted at this topic earlier, that was supposed to be the Macross F version. Those who brought the Macross Zero Blu-ray disc will get an exclusive password for the Zero version of All That VF, which I think is the real show. F version maybe is just an extended preview version. :)

Sheryl in bondage straps?

Okay I think I need to see the new OP now.

Wow... Can't wait to see the new op... (I really really wasn't expecting a new one!!!) :blink:

Let me see... We are already in Episode 17 this thursday... With supposedly only 8 more until the series end (25 episodes). If the new opening is going to be shown until this or next week, could that mean that there is going to be an extension to the number of episodes? 36 episodes perhaps? :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Well... Most series have a new opening halfway through the season... Could this mean that 18 + 18 = 36 episodes? Did we get an extension? :blink:

If true, and I'm not jumping to conclusions, it may not be an extension so much as we weren't really told the actual episode length of the series and 25 became the presumed length at some point. So it is possible it could have always been for 36.. but like I said we don't know that yet and I won't jump to conclusions.

For you kids in Japan,

Kawamori and Megumi Nakajima will be out promoting (as well as a live show) the MF vol. 1 video release.

August 2nd, 2008 at Tower Records in Shibuya @ 2PM and at Ishimaru Hall @ 5PM.

And pick up the latest issue of COMPACE if you want to see Sensei Klan:

comp2.jpg

Wouldn't kids in Japan know about that before we would? :rolleyes::p:)

Well... Most series have a new opening halfway through the season... Could this mean that 18 + 18 = 36 episodes? Did we get an extension? :blink:

No. Even Aquarion got a new OP late, but it lasted 26 episodes. The best you can get is a 26th episode, but even that is doubtful since this series is centered around the number 25.

FV

Wouldn't kids in Japan know about that before we would? :rolleyes::p:)

You lost me there...

I'll be picking up this issue of CompAce though mainly for Rakkyo stuff in it for a friend. I hope this is a new series cos the last Frontier manga serialised in it looked pretty silly. Not the funny silly but "What the..?" silly.

You lost me there...

I'll be picking up this issue of CompAce though mainly for Rakkyo stuff in it for a friend. I hope this is a new series cos the last Frontier manga serialised in it looked pretty silly. Not the funny silly but "What the..?" silly.

I meant that... erm nevermind, it's not worth it. :)

Are those Grace's tentacles draped around Sheryl? :huh::blink::ph34r:

Oh you..... ^_^

But srsly we need to see more of the Monster. Will it be out fitted with speakerpods to accomodate Ranka? (though she doesn't need any speakerpods...)

Thanks for the link, I don't know any Japanese but the pics look amazing, the place was packed, someone needs to upload this concert to youtube!

I hope so too though i wouldn't bet on it. Even for the Macross 25th anniversary concert, there's not much footage on the net. :(

Edited by wolfx

Looking at the concert link, I'm both equally envious and terrified. Envious as it looked like a great show with terrific energy; terrified because it's geeked out otaku energy. There's a good reason why I've never been to a concert, people go too over the top.

As for footage for the concert. Heck, I'm still waiting for the 15th Anniversary concert.

Edited by Strumvogel

Looking at the concert link, I'm both equally envious and terrified. Envious as it looked like a great show with terrific energy; terrified because it's geeked out otaku energy. There's a good reason why I've never been to a concert, people go too over the top.

As for footage for the concert. Heck, I'm still waiting for the 15th Anniversary concert.

But why terrified? Are you a zentran? YAKH DEKULCHA!!

Otaku energy has many names. You just have to find the right word that is palatable for you.

Spiral Energy?

Song Energy?

Over 9000?

:lol:

But why terrified? Are you a zentran? YAKH DEKULCHA!!

Probably. I still cringe whenever I see an onscreen kiss. Actually any kissing. GAH!!

Otaku energy has many names. You just have to find the right word that is palatable for you.

Spiral Energy?

Song Energy?

Over 9000?

:lol:

Ever felt geeked out by someone at a con? Now multiply that by x1000 and watch your unease skyrocket.

Oh you..... ^_^

But srsly we need to see more of the Monster. Will it be out fitted with speakerpods to accomodate Ranka? (though she doesn't need any speakerpods...)

Its more like the Monster is gonna be loaded with armored piercing Speaker Shell. :ph34r:

Probably. I still cringe whenever I see an onscreen kiss. Actually any kissing. GAH!!

YAKH DEKULCHA!! :p

There's quite a lot of shows that get their second op sequence late. Also, extensions usually aren't possible since the shows that are placed into timeslots are usually decided months in advance.

Some shows with late op sequence:

Gundam Wing - doesn't get a second op until episode 41

Turn A Gundam - doesn't get a second op until episode 39

Super Robot Wars - didn't get a second op until around episode 17, out of 25 ep broadcast run (epilogue episode added on DVD)

There's quite a lot of shows that get their second op sequence late. Also, extensions usually aren't possible since the shows that are placed into timeslots are usually decided months in advance.

Some shows with late op sequence:

Gundam Wing - doesn't get a second op until episode 41

Turn A Gundam - doesn't get a second op until episode 39

Super Robot Wars - didn't get a second op until around episode 17, out of 25 ep broadcast run (epilogue episode added on DVD)

Back in my day, one OP was all an anime ever needed!:angry:

And don't you dare post that image of that old geezers magazine now you hear Marchy-boy! *grumble*grumble*kidsthesedays*grumble*norespect*grumble*

And don't you dare post that image of that old geezers magazine now you hear Marchy-boy! *grumble*grumble*kidsthesedays*grumble*norespect*grumble*

Allow me... :)

post-114-1217541623_thumb.jpg

Man, how old ARE you?

Zeta Gundam: 2 OPs.

Gundam Double Zeta: 2 OPs, 2 EDs.

Dragonar: 2 OPs, 2 EDs.

That covers MY first anime era...