Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

Sorry, but shipped and purchased are two different things.

The good news is that there are multiple copies of the DVD in CD and DVD shops near me. Sadly, no Bluray. I feel like I live in the frikken countryside! Going to go out to the nearest Animate and check out what's there later today.

Sorry, I misread the article. :wacko:

It is however available on Region A Blu-Ray, which is supported in North America. Unfortunately, it is not subtitled.

I am bummed about the no subs you would think from a marketing stand point they would take them on. Yes technically we in the west aren't suppose to have it or have seen it but it kills me. Maybe we get some secondary release after series end with some subs.

Got Bluray. Yay.

All that VF questionaire/video thingy: scanlation: available until 2008.08.31, 24:00 for Macross F #1, and 2008.09.30, 24:00 for Macross Zero.

Macross Goods brochure:

8.20 "Raion", by May'n and Nakajima Megumi. Contains "Raion" and "nohzankuros" (Northern Cross). Looks like they're be versions without vocals as well on the disc.

Macross Chronicles ad.

Macross F comic and Novel ad. THe 2nd manga collection will be released on 8.26. ï¿¥567.

Macross F DVD/Bluray #2 released on 9.25. 95 min (planned). ï¿¥6,300 for the DVD, and ï¿¥7,350 for the Bluray.

Also says that there'll be 9 discs in total. (3 eps per disc, 25 episodes total. 4 eps. per disc, 33 episodes in total.)

(more rerelease info also listed.)

On the reverse:

Macross Ace Frontier: on sale in autumn 2008.

Macross F "gashapon".

"Nyan Kore" - subtitled "nyannyan card collection": on sale about the end of 2008.09. 10 cards per pack, 1 pack costs ï¿¥420.

VF-1 "origin of valkyrie" toys? models?. Hikaru's VF-1J, ï¿¥8,190. Released planned for the end of July. Roy's VF-1S, ï¿¥8,190. Release planned for the end of July. (Both of these are pictured in all 3 modes.) Hikaru's VF-1J Super Packs, ï¿¥9,450. Release planned for end of August. Max's VF-1A Super Packs, ï¿¥9,450. Release planned for the end of August. (These last two are only pictured in battroid mode.)

Bandai's 1/72 scale plastic model: VF-25 Messaih. Fully transformable. ï¿¥4,200. Release planned for August.

16 Page Booklet that comes with the disc:

Pg 2~5: Macross (Frontier) history. Basically looks like an expansion of the emmigration fleets expanding from Earth intro seen in the first few episodes.

6 Episode 1 "Yack Deculture Edition" Brief description (summary??) and Macross check: 1 hand blocking the sun (that M+ scene), 2 "Listen to my song!" (homage to Basara of M7), 3. Gerwalk firing gunpod (same as Eps. 2 of SDF:M).

7 Episode 1 3 versions. Quickie scanlation: About 3 months before the december broadcast, the preperations of the "Yakku Edition" were completed. It was too long, and parts were cut out to make the Deculture Edition. Also talks about the other two versions, and the changes between them.

8 Character art and description: Saotome Aruto

9 Character art and description: Ranka Rii

10 Mechanical art: VF-171 w/ descriptions of battroid, gerwalk, fighter, and the RVF-171 <<<<-*** attention Graham. (text says that it's a custom based on the VF-171 with a giant radome. I think it also says that it doesn't have a good fighting ability (presumably compared to the VF-171).

11 AIF-7S Ghost and Extender Case (for the EX-Gear)

12 EX-Gear

13 City 25 based on San Fransisco, Shibuya, Beijing (天空門).

Etheral Body (エーテルボディ): in fold space, the Etheral body seperates from the body.

Super High Speed Transport

Linear Catapult: used for launching from the Carriers in space. Similar to a linear motor.

Hologram System: used by Sheryl in her concerts, etc..

14 Art gallery:

Gas planet - the first places that the Frontier encounters the Vajra

Sheryl Conert Poster - a key visual.

15: Nyannyan Restuarant: Ranka's part time job, etc.

Space port

Tenkuumon Plaza: Sheryl's concert hall. Has two dragons on top of upside down tendon bowls on the roof.

Of course the text is a bit more than the taste I'm scanlating herein. There are parts that I skipped over as well (the toys, for example).

I'm not sure what BD profile it is, but in theory with BD Live we could get subs down the road...

I think this depends on Bandai. If they think there's *any* chance they could sell and release it on the western market, it is unlikely we'd ever see subs in the Japanese releases.

After all, this is the reason why BluRay* won the market in the first place. The companies want localised control of the market.

*Subconsciously wrote BD when I meant BR or Blu Ray. Really got to stop posting on the fly.

Edited by Strumvogel

Sorry, but shipped and purchased are two different things.

The good news is that there are multiple copies of the DVD in CD and DVD shops near me. Sadly, no Bluray. I feel like I live in the frikken countryside! Going to go out to the nearest Animate and check out what's there later today.

If it sells 30% of what it shipped it will be one of the biggest sellers for a tv series volume on dvd this year. 5k avg is good enough for most series to get a sequel (znt and higarashi both have 2 sequels and they avg 5k a volume) and 10k is considered to be a "hit". 100k shipped for the first pressing is impressive, very impressive. The highest selling dvd volume for a tv series this year is Gundam 00 Vol 1 with 42k sold. The only reason Frontier might not pass that is because the Blueray versions are taking away dvd sales... but if you add them together...

Edited by Westlo

I think this depends on Bandai. If they think there's *any* chance they could sell and release it on the western market, it is unlikely we'd ever see subs in the Japanese releases.

After all, this is the reason why BluRay* won the market in the first place. The companies want localised control of the market.

*Subconsciously wrote BD when I meant BR or Blu Ray. Really got to stop posting on the fly.

BD is the acronym for Blu Ray right? Blu Ray Disk?

Found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc

I just remembered seeing the acronym in another website and got confused too :p

Yeah, I guess. I just never see it refered to as such. It's usually BR or the full name whenever I see it. Thanks for the heads-up.

BD is the official it appears. My computer drive is labeled BD as is it's playback software. BluRay Disc, I guess. Still better than the lame DVD.

Has anybody tried to play back the BD H264 file on their PS3's yet? I tried a simple mux with h264info and tsmuxer but no luck, I'm in the middle of a second transcode with mkv2vob, if anybody knows of a simpler process, I'd appreciate a heads up, thanx.

Hehe... you know I'm joking. I'd actually get Klan to beat you up. ;)

Klan loves me too much.

Heheh, the mods gave you the title of KlanForever now, it certainly is a lot more appropriate.

Klan loves me too much.

Heheh, the mods gave you the title of KlanForever now, it certainly is a lot more appropriate.

Yea, well I did ask awhile back to see if I could change my name. Maybe this is a way of showing that they do their best. ^_^

Hmm, so MF news for this week is MisaForever is entitled KlanForever? :blink: Gratz anyway, and probably someone there want the title NanaseForever ^_^ .

Hmm, so MF news for this week is MisaForever is entitled KlanForever? :blink: Gratz anyway, and probably someone there want the title NanaseForever ^_^ .

I bet that would go to Gubaba.

I bet that would go to Gubaba.

I hope I don't get a custom title...I want to see how high the regular titles go (although JB0 always gets there before any of the rest of us).

Still, if they wanted to make me "Mylene's Bath Buddy" or something like that, I guess I wouldn't couldn't say no...

Hi guys. I checked out All that VF.

I was surprised by something I saw. It's more than just the YF-19 and 21 showing up.

37 seconds into the video, you can see a VF-17D in the formation. The only time it ever shows up.

OMG!

Hi guys. I checked out All that VF.

I was surprised by something I saw. It's more than just the YF-19 and 21 showing up.

37 seconds into the video, you can see a VF-17D in the formation. The only time it ever shows up.

OMG!

You're right... there is a single VF-17 variant in the video at that one instant. Though how can you be so sure its the 17D?

You're right... there is a single VF-17 variant in the video at that one instant. Though how can you be so sure its the 17D?

The wing shape and the length of the nose. The wing has a blunt tip compared to the 171's sharper wing style.

Edited by Spitze

Any of you in the US have any issues with purchasing from Amazon.jp? I've never done it before (I noticed that my Amazon Prime doesn't work there *sadpanda*) but I really want to get the BD of Frontier while it's still in first-press.

I did the exchange in Google and the final price including shipping is about $57.00 USD. Does that sound right to you? Sorry for the noobish questions but this is the first time I'm buying directly from Japan. Fanks!

Any of you in the US have any issues with purchasing from Amazon.jp? I've never done it before (I noticed that my Amazon Prime doesn't work there *sadpanda*) but I really want to get the BD of Frontier while it's still in first-press.

I did the exchange in Google and the final price including shipping is about $57.00 USD. Does that sound right to you? Sorry for the noobish questions but this is the first time I'm buying directly from Japan. Fanks!

I've bought from Amazon Japan since 2000, and they really do have good customer service and have good prices (although their shipping hurts). Their customer service will answer you back in about 24 hours (both Japanese and English!). Only problems I've had is that for heavy packages, like books, they use really lightweight boxes, so damage can happen. Hasn't happened with the DVDs though. Also, one shipment they forgot to include one DVD in the package and they sent the replacement in just a couple of days.

Amazon has great prices (and they'll adjust prices if it drops as well) at about 24% off for the Macross Frontier Blu-rays. The biggest downside of Amazon Japan is the dreaded shipping charges. To America for a DVD or Blu-ray, it's a flat 1,700 fee plus 300 yen per item, so it could be 2,000 for just one item. Also, collecting points for getting extra off is painfully slow.

On the other hand, I prefer HMV Japan. Their prices are higher (only 10% off of Blu-rays, unless you buy two, then it's 20%), but their shipping is only 1,200 yen for up to two items and then about 300 yen extra for each item. Plus, on Blu-rays, you get a point for each 500 yen you spend. Collect 50 points for 1,000 yen off, or 100 for 2,500 yen off. For each newer Macross Blu-ray, you'll collect about 12 points or so, so it's easy to each the 50 or 100 mark. Downside to HMV Japan is that they actually charge shipping by how much the package weighs, so for multiple disc sets, shipping can be higher by 300 yen or more. I doubt you'll need to worry about this with the Macross F Blu-rays though.

So, comparing current prices of the first Macross F Blu-ray:

Amazon Japan: 3,668 yen (without tax) + 2,000 yen (shipping) = 5,668 yen

HMV Japan: 4,320 yen (without tax) + 1,200 yen (shipping) = 5,520 yen (plus 8 points towards 50 or 100 point goal)

Also, be aware that both Amazon and HMV won't save first print discs for you, so it's a gamble if you want to order a couple of discs at a time to save some cash.

If you can, get a Capital One Visa card. It's one of the few credit cards that don't charge a currency exchange fee, so it's like saving an extra 2 -3% on your purchase.

Edited by lynn2009

Here is the site the code sheet with the blu-ray of Disc 1 of frontier links you too, http://sp.p4you.net/macross/index_chk.jsp I see no place to enter the code i got and have no clue what the site says but it list the disc release date for the Zero blu-ray set and Frontier disc 1 set followed by a second set of dates so i guess it means the codes wont work till those days?

Frontier blu-ray 1 release 7-25 second date listed 8-31

Zero blu-ray Set release date 8-22 second date listed 9-30

using a bad web translator i see this "Because special image differs every commodity, viewing to receive both, application ID of the application ticket which is enclosed in the respective commodity becomes necessary." so i guess you need both to see both versions of all that VF.

Edited by Sorata

Here is the site the code sheet with the blu-ray of Disc 1 of frontier links you too, http://sp.p4you.net/macross/index_chk.jsp I see no place to enter the code i got and have no clue what the site says but it list the disc release date for the Zero blu-ray set and Frontier disc 1 set followed by a second set of dates so i guess it means the codes wont work till those days?

Frontier blu-ray 1 release 7-25 second date listed 8-31

Zero blu-ray Set release date 8-22 second date listed 9-30

using a bad web translator i see this "Because special image differs every commodity, viewing to receive both, application ID of the application ticket which is enclosed in the respective commodity becomes necessary." so i guess you need both to see both versions of all that VF.

You need to register with the site in Japanese to view the video. I haven't received my copy of Macross Frontier yet (having it shipped with the new Hotaru no Haka), but I did register on the site to view it once I get a code.

You'll need to enter your e-mail address, password (4-digit pin), where you live in Japan, if you own any Macross DVDs, what series you want in Blu-ray, if you ordered the Blu-ray version, if you own a Blu-ray player, etc. Can't remember all the questions...

As for the code number for Macross Frontier, you'll only be able to view the video until 8/31/08. I'm guessing the 9/30/08 date is the final date you can see the Zero video.

You need to register with the site in Japanese to view the video. I haven't received my copy of Macross Frontier yet (having it shipped with the new Hotaru no Haka), but I did register on the site to view it once I get a code.

You'll need to enter your e-mail address, password (4-digit pin), where you live in Japan, if you own any Macross DVDs, what series you want in Blu-ray, if you ordered the Blu-ray version, if you own a Blu-ray player, etc. Can't remember all the questions...

As for the code number for Macross Frontier, you'll only be able to view the video until 8/31/08. I'm guessing the 9/30/08 date is the final date you can see the Zero video.

Well now if i can figure that out I can input my code i got to it.

EDIT well thanks to google, wikipedia, and a crappy translator i have almost finished inputting it all.

Okay got it :)

Edited by Sorata

Just got my copy today.

r2july08002tw9.th.jpg r2july08001nv7.th.jpg

Haven't gotten time to watch and do a png-comparo between broadcast and dvd, yet. Ain't got no bd-player, either. :o:p

real quick where does the lineart come from the DVD or the BD ?