Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

Was reading AnimeOnDVDs forums and came across this.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20080725/bandai.htm

Bandai has reportedly shipped 45,000 Blu-ray copies of vol. 1 to retailers, in comparison with 55,000 DVD copies. This is nearly a 50:50 ratio and presumably based upon the number of pre-orders received, so it's quite impressive IMO.

As you can see anyone worried about low tv ratings need not be, this will more than likely outsell every other tv series released on dvd this year aside from maybe Code Geass R2 and Gundam 00. And in addition to selling a lot of dvds it will nearly sell as many Blueray discs which is something those 2 titles won't do.

Edited by Westlo

Was reading AnimeOnDVDs forums and came across this.

As you can see anyone worried about low tv ratings need not be, this will more than likely outsell every other tv series released on dvd this year aside from maybe Code Geass R2 and Gundam 00. And in addition to selling a lot of dvds it will nearly sell as many Blueray discs which is something those 2 titles won't do.

Hmm... Shipped and sales are two separate things. The actual sale numbers are what counts since shipped means that the stores have received the copies of them but they don't mean anything if they're going to end up just sitting there on the shelves.

This has been a marketing trick used by company's PR when they want to make it look like the their product is really successful.

However though the large numbers of the discs that have been shipped do mean that there is a huge demand for them, quite possibily stemming from the pre-orders made from the said stores. So looking good.

Keep us inform of the sales numbers when they come thru though. I'm really interested in seeing just how much the fanbase for Frontier actually translate to it's sales.

Sorry, but

Ozma dying next episode is perhaps the most likely outcome. Also, for character's development sake it seems there will be many Ranka/Ozma flashbacks next episode... another reason for Ozma going pineapple salad...

And since

Episode 21 will have Ranka defying Grace/Leon, perhaps Ozma's death will be the catalyst for a change in attitude from her...

I think this depends heavily on whether the series have properly address Ozma's relationship with Ranka and what happened at 117th Research Fleet. I haven't seen the latest episode so I can't say for sure either way. That part of the story needs to be properly fleshed out first IMHO.

I'll have to agree with Strumvogel. Until we get actual SALES numbers, the SHIPPED numbers tell us nothing. Yes, there is probably high demand for Frontier on DVD and BD, but by the same token, Bandai could be overestimating demand with the amount of copies shipped. That's why it's best to ignore any statements/press releases where a company brags about how many units of something they've just "shipped."

c0052350_488a0989153d7.jpg

Just Received Macross Frontier vol.1 Blu-Ray from Amazon japan :lol:

c0052350_488a0897379b2.jpg

Blu-Ray case (front)

c0052350_488a089bcb813.jpg

Blu-Ray case (back)

c0052350_488a08a6cddea.jpg

Blu-Ray disc labels and "All That VF ver. F" access code card

c0052350_488a08ad47866.jpg

Nyannyan 50th Anniversary good(sticker?) and booklet

Edited by paper2k1

BTW, can anyone tell me what song they used in that All That VF clip? It's also the same song that appeared in MF episode 15.

It is called "Welcome to my Fan Club Night" by Sherly/May'n. It is on OST 1.

Nyannyan 50th Anniversary good(sticker?) and booklet

OMG I'm going to put those stickers on everything...

I have to pick my order up at the stupid FedEx distribution center since signature is required... sigh

OMG I'm going to put those stickers on everything...

I have to pick my order up at the stupid FedEx distribution center since signature is required... sigh

Speaking of extras, this is the first press bonus for Blu-ray 2 : Macross F pin badge set

I read this a while back from somewhere.

"Visual of Japan has announced (PDF format) that it will release the ongoing Macross Frontier robot anime television series on both DVD and Blu-ray Disc starting on July 25.

Bandai Visual of Japan has announced (PDF format) that it will release the ongoing Macross Frontier robot anime television series on both DVD and Blu-ray Disc starting on July 25. It also confirmed that the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 sequel series will also be released on both formats starting on August 22.

The first volume of Macross Frontier on Blu-ray and DVD will contain the first episode in two versions: the preview "Deculture Edition" that aired last December, and a new complete "Yakku Deculture Edition" that will run 32 minutes. The initial pressings will also contain goods that celebrate the 50th anniversary of the fictional Nyan-Nyan Chinese restaurant chain. All pressings will come with 16 pages of liner notes and an audio commentary. The Blu-ray version will have a Linear PCM stereo soundtrack and 16:9-aspect-ratio, 1080p-resolution video. The eight remaining volumes will be released monthly starting in September. Macross Frontier marks the 25th anniversary of this science-fiction romance classic."

Anyone know where I can get it on regular N America region DVD format?

I read this a while back from somewhere.

Anyone know where I can get it on regular N America region DVD format?

MF has not been licensed, therefore, will not be available to the North American DVD region. It is however available on Region A Blu-Ray, which is supported in North America. Unfortunately, it is not subtitled.

MF has not been licensed YET, therefore, will not be available to the North American DVD region. It is however available on Region A Blu-Ray, which is supported in North America. Unfortunately, it is not subtitled.

Fixed :)

Fixed :)

Ever the optimist. I bet he is still waiting for Klan to show up at his door step, at which point MisaForNaught will lose all control of his bodily functions. That would be a funny scene. ^_^

In all seriousness though I too hope that one day it does get licensed here... just as long as it isn't under the name Robotech.

Waitaminute.....was the TV shot taken from a freakin cell-phone? Cuz that's a pretty bad lens flare.

I think the TV shot was taken from an analogue broadcast; possibly one recorded on media that downgraded the quality (VHS, etc..) To my tired eyes, the BluRay shot looks like there is more detail than in the high vision broadcast - though, that could just be because the brightness and contrast have been turned way up.

You know, it just occurred to me about next episode...

Given Ozma's outburst at Leon in this episode, then if he dies in episode 17 maybe it was "fixed" to happen?

I can see Kawamori making him "disappear" and appear to be dead, just to turn Pineapple Salad on it's head...

:p