Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

In some ways the numbers are understandable considering the timeslot of the show. The very fact that each episode broadcasted, which these numbers are from, are one day after the MBS broadcast. Now the fans of the show will no doubt have no patience for the wait, are technically savvy and will get their episode the same way we do. Either by the raws or the keyhole streaming, either of which are avaliable some scant hours after the first broadcast. (Come back Horrible Raws! I miss you!!)

That no doubt will sap the numbers for the Kanto region broadcast which leave the casual viewers and those who do not have access to the material like we do that ends up making the numbers we see.

A good example of this is the show Toshokan Sensou a.k.a. Library Wars. An anime based on a popular series of light novels of the same name with a good animation company behind it. However that show is only avaliable to the satellight channel Fuji TV, which is also only avaliable as far as I know in the Kanto region. It also has a rather late timeslot as Frontier on Fridays (Saturday mornings to us) but due to the very fact it is only avaliable in that one market, the show consistently rated in the top 5 of the anime shows with numbers never dipping below 3.0%. ie. if you want to see it, you have to see it there and then; Something we can't say for Frontier in the Kanto region since Kansai has already showed it a day ahead of it.

This is also backed up by the very shows that are rated highly in that list. You'd see that most of them are kids shows and you think those kids own their own PCs and broadband connection to get the shows the way we do?

In anycase we'll have a better idea on just how popular Frontier is after the end of this week when the DVD/Blu ray vol.1 is released. The OST and singles already showed it has a huge following.

Well, that's my 2 cents anyway. Now where's my change?

Btw, not surprised at the Slayers drop but the radical volume it dropped is though. Guess nostalgia will only get you so far.

Edited by Strumvogel

Ratings don't matter for late night anime, watch a horrible RAWs raw and you'll see that most of the ads have something to do with the actual anime itself. The anime companies are paying for these slots and advertising the merchandise, cds, dvds, games etc. Also unless it's NANA (6%) or whatever is airing in the Noitamana (sp) block (Nodame Cantabile, Honey and Clover, Library War, Mononoke) ratings are always generally low for late night.

DVD sales are the measure of success, if you rated the success of Code Geass and Haruhi by their tv ratings you wouldn't think much of them, but their dvds and merchanidse sold a lot and they have dominated polls. Speaking of polls herbert left the latest newtype poll on my profile on Suki.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7691/3e...e6e068ceac2.jpg

Anime

1/ Code Geass R2

2/ Macross Frontier

Female

1/ C.C (after episode 15 there is no way she is going to lose this position)

2/ Haruhi

3/ Kallen

4/ Sheryl (down from 3)

5/ Konata

6/ Yuki

7/ Ranka (down from 4)

Male

1/ Lelouch

2/ Kyon

3/ Alto (up from 4)

Haruhi made a big return in the polls, she had the cover last month IIRC. Should fall again since Clannad After Story is the KyoAni Fall/October project which makes Haruhi 2 look like being aired in Spring 2009.. :(

Animage:

10. Alto

11. Ranka

21. Sheryl

No Macross rankings in Animedia.. also wtf @ Tiera's from Gundam 00's popularity in Animage and Animedia.... #3 in Animedia and #7 in Animage... Lelouch takes #1 in all 3 magazines, pity Alto isn't even a quarter entertaining as him.

These are the images from animedia. Sorry, no scanner @ home so crappy cel pics will have to do.

I got it too. I was very underwhelmed by the Macross content in it. Basically - save your yen and buy newtype (or Macross chronicle.)

The gist of my glancing at the text in the article was how Japanese culture is being emphasized in Macross Frontier. I'm sure there's a bunch more stuff in the text. But as I was overwhelmed and I purchased Great Mechanics DX 5 the same weekend (which has a decent sized article on the VF-25)...

第18話:フォールド・フェーム(Fold Fame)、2008.08.07

第19話:トライアングラー(Triangler)、2008.08.14

"For who do I sing for?"Ranka becomes confused.

Sheryl tells Alto, that she no longer sings.

第20話:ダイアモンド・クレバス(Diamond Crevasse)、2008.08.21

At Ranka's concert, three people's thoughts are crossed.

第21話:蒼のエーテル(Blue Ether)、2008.08.28

Ranka makes the decision, rejects to be "the singing tool".

Edited by kresphy

This one is for Japanese users, but...

-Those looking for "Interstellar flight" choreography clips can now download them on your mobile phone. Those that have DoCoMo subscriptions can download the clips. Look for it under 「アニメ特撮GPXフル」 site. 420 yen/download. Ringtone included.

From the blog:

Those looking for Macross Chronicle:

HIRAOKI_POP%20(1).jpg

The fact that it is distributed with a box should make it easier for people to find.

"All that VF"

-Promotional clip was actually attached to "Lost Peace"/Episode 15, last week. Again, those ordering the Blu-Ray Macross Zero boxset or Volume 1 of Macross F (Blu-Ray or DVD) will have an access code to view the program.

also wtf @ Tiera's from Gundam 00's popularity in Animage and Animedia.... #3 in Animedia and #7 in Animage... Lelouch takes #1 in all 3 magazines, pity Alto isn't even a quarter entertaining as him.

I heard the most popular character in the last two Comicket was Kyonko, the female version of the protagonist of Haruhi. Transgender ("rule #63") is currently trendy, so there is no surprise that ambiguous characters like Tieria are popular. Even Lelouch got girls impersonating him in the anime.

When I saw Ouran Host Club, I thought it was meant to be a sexual equalization. Now that I saw even transgender male characters, I think it is related to why we got Man-Faye cosplayers :huh:

FV

第19話:トライアングラー(Triangler)、2008.08.14

"For who do I sing for?"Ranka becomes confused.

Sheryl tells Alto, that she no longer sings.

第20話:ダイアモンド・クレバス(Diamond Crevasse)、2008.08.21

At Ranka's concert, three people's thoughts are crossed.

第21話:蒼のエーテル(Blue Ether)、2008.08.28

Ranka makes the decision, rejects to be "the singing tool".

Wow... Thx for the info. Updated wiki with those as usual, hehe...

Btw... Does

"Blue Ether"

refer to

the Vajra's Blood

?

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Hmmm or what if each new volume gives access to another 2 minutes? ... no clearly too optimistic

I hope one code gets you the whole thing but im not to worried but i may need translation help though for my codes, I ordered the First 3 Volumes of Macross Frontier on blu-ray already and also the Macross Zero blu-ray set.

thanks by the way paper2k1, I am saving that to my harddrive now :)

EDIT Just noticed that at index 00:22 it says version f in the bottom right of the title.

Edited by Sorata

I get the feeling that was more of an extended trailer really. It was completely awesome. I did see the VF-19 and 22 in there (or were they the YF-19 and 21?) but no transforming for them. I think there is definitely more than this.

I get the feeling that was more of an extended trailer really. It was completely awesome. I did see the VF-19 and 22 in there (or were they the YF-19 and 21?) but no transforming for them. I think there is definitely more than this.

Did look like alpha and omega one, right down to the paintjob... Anyway, the absense of a lot of other VF's kind of lends itself that this wasn't all there is. (What exactly is in here anyway? Part from the YF19/21, the SMS 25's complete with the VB-6 there's a bunch of blue valkyries.. most look like 25's, but at a few shots, the profile looked different..? :unsure:

Did look like alpha and omega one, right down to the paintjob... Anyway, the absense of a lot of other VF's kind of lends itself that this wasn't all there is. (What exactly is in here anyway? Part from the YF19/21, the SMS 25's complete with the VB-6 there's a bunch of blue valkyries.. most look like 25's, but at a few shots, the profile looked different..? :unsure:

I know what you mean, for a split second I thought they may be VF-0s but I wasn't sure, then I was thinking maybe it was just the Sheryl and Ranka 25s.

What is bad is that it's too short, even the music is interrupted abruptly. Aside from this, it looks wonderful. There is an Aquarion reference in the red and blue trails, so possibly this is directed personally by Kawamori. My favorite scene is when Alto and Michel's VFs skydive joining hands in formation, then transform back to fighter and form an F in the sky. It mixes both plane demostrations and parachuting.

Also, at the end the credits mentioned "1982, 1994, 2007", so it means VF-1, YF-19 + YF-21 and VF-25 (+ VB-6). I think there should be definitively something more complete that includes even the VF-0 and VF-19Kai. Another thing pointing out to this is that there was a VF-25 with a special color scheme in the intro that still doesn't appear in the video (or did I miss it?).

FV

I know what you mean, for a split second I thought they may be VF-0s but I wasn't sure, then I was thinking maybe it was just the Sheryl and Ranka 25s.

Upon subsequent viewings, I've come to the conlusion there is:

1. SMS Skull squadron VF 25's as well as VB-6. (5 craft)

2. Alpha One and Omega One. (2 craft)

3. Two squadrons of 4 white VF-25's only seen very sparingly. (8 craft)

4. Two squadrons of what looks like 4 blue VF-1's. (8 craft)

5. "Ranka" and "Sheryl" type blue VF-25's. (2 craft)

Could be wrong though :unsure:

Next episode preview and several screenshot is available on the official site.

Babelfished:

First live of [ranka] which in the [garia] 4 incident has become postponement. In [ranka], live when it goes to seeing absolutely, you promised Ozma. But, [bajiyura] invades immediately before the live, Ozma comes to the point of sortieing. As for Ozma sky gate first of [ranka] being in time lively?

Does this mean pineapple salad for Ozma?

<_<

Next episode preview and several screenshot is available on the official site.

Babelfished:

First live of [ranka] which in the [garia] 4 incident has become postponement. In [ranka], live when it goes to seeing absolutely, you promised Ozma. But, [bajiyura] invades immediately before the live, Ozma comes to the point of sortieing. As for Ozma sky gate first of [ranka] being in time lively?

Does this mean pineapple salad for Ozma?

<_<

Translation: The first live of Ranka was postponed due to the Galia 4 incident. Ozma absolutely promised to see Ranka's live. But the Vajra invade before the live, and Ozma is sent to fight. Will Ozma be able to make it to Ranka's Sky Gate First Live?

It doesn't say that Ozma will die... I hope not because he needs more airtime for us to get attached to him.

Edited by mike_s_6

You know, it just occurred to me about next episode...

Given Ozma's outburst at Leon in this episode, then if he dies in episode 17 maybe it was "fixed" to happen?

Translation: The first live of Ranka was postponed due to the Galia 4 incident. Ozma absolutely promised to see Ranka's live. But the Vajra invade before the live, and Ozma is sent to fight. Will Ozma be able to make it to Ranka's Sky Gate First Live?

It doesn't say that Ozma will die... I hope not because he needs more airtime for us to get attached to him.

Sorry, but

Ozma dying next episode is perhaps the most likely outcome. Also, for character's development sake it seems there will be many Ranka/Ozma flashbacks next episode... another reason for Ozma going pineapple salad...

And since

Episode 21 will have Ranka defying Grace/Leon, perhaps Ozma's death will be the catalyst for a change in attitude from her...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Sorry, but

Ozma dying next episode is perhaps the most likely outcome. Also, for character's development sake it seems there will be many Ranka/Ozma flashbacks next episode... another reason for Ozma going pineapple salad...

And since

Episode 21 will have Ranka defying Grace/Leon, perhaps Ozma's death will be the catalyst for a change in attitude from her...

Personally I'll be disappointed as fart if

Ozma dies next episode, the first episode that would actually focus on him in some way this series.

Absolutely reeks of cliche and amateur writing and way to telegraphed, compare this to episode 17 and 18 of Macross...

Personally I'll be disappointed as fart if

Ozma dies next episode, the first episode that would actually focus on him in some way this series.

Absolutely reeks of cliche and amateur writing and way to telegraphed, compare this to episode 17 and 18 of Macross...

"Goodbye, sister" is *way* too obvious a name for that outcome. They could as well name the episode "Pineapple salad 2" if they´d want to be so obvious. So I expect him to survive.