Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

I know, I'm not lying to myself at all. I'd just like to be able to say that, but I know I can't just yet

*raises cane above head*

Get off my property! ^_^

When you reach some of our ages, you long for ye good olde days so you better enjoy your youth while you have it rather than wishing to grow up.

This lil bit of wisdom is brought to you by the old man wolfx. :lol:

*raises cane above head*

Get off my property! ^_^

When you reach some of our ages, you long for ye good olde days so you better enjoy your youth while you have it rather than wishing to grow up.

This lil bit of wisdom is brought to you by the old man wolfx. :lol:

I wasn't necessarily meaning I wanted to be older, I just want to be able to say things like "kids these days.." and such. I am quite alright with my youth and hope it lasts a while.

I actually do say that when speaking to people who are younger than myself so it isn't total loss. I am just young compared to most members here it would seem.

Edited by Master Dex

I wasn't necessarily meaning I wanted to be older, I just want to be able to say things like "kids these days.." and such. I am quite alright with my youth and hope it lasts a while.

I actually do say that when speaking to people who are younger than myself so it isn't total loss. I am just young compared to most members here it would seem.

Agreed there Dex.

Edited by darkrealmbahamut

As of thursday, we're there! Kinda sad to think we're 3/5 of the way thru the show :(

It's bittersweet.

....and quite a bold statement by Kawamori. B))

Thanks for the scan links, Kresphy. As for what it says, I did a quick summary (while I was reading). I really summarized things to the interesting points, but hopefully it will help out. Now, if I can find a real copy of this Beat Magazine...

Thanks for the translation! B))

Macross F is the first Macross TV series Kawamori has directed. 7 was directed by Amino Tetsuro and even Macross Plus was a co-director position.

I thought the director for this series was a guy called Kikuchi? :blink:

But it's true that as a director he seems to have done more for Macross Frontier than for Macross 7.

Once this was accomplished, Kawamori felt hand animation could be concentrated on the characters and song sequences and he could finally make the Macross TV series he wanted.

So it's kind of true that Macross Frontier was the series he always wanted to make, like someone was saying :ph34r:

The Seikan Hikou sequence was animated from video of Megumi dancing.

That's awesome :lol:

Frontier looks like a vinyl balloon house, and he feels like Japan lives in their own little greenhouse, and what would happen if some kind of culture shock happened.

In a previous interview, Kawamori once said that he didn't want cyborgs in Macross, and that's why even Millard had a prosthesis. He seems to have good reasons to change his opinion like that. Galaxy's technology is really a culture shock.

Hiroyuki Yoshino is the one who adds all the homages into the series, like Alto rescuing Ranka in his Valkyrie.

I suspected as well that Kawamori personally was not that much into homages, seeing Macross Zero.

About 3/5 through Macross F will surpass all Macross's and enter an adventurous storyline.

Well, we're here :ph34r: Give me your best shot, I can take it! :lol:

FV

I visited the official page and I noticed in the preview for next week's episode that one of the pics has Ranka in a flight suit... Could this be the "Ranka Attack" mentioned before? BOMBA!!! :ph34r:

Maybe. Though one of the early spoilers for the episode stated that

Ranka was going to confess her love to Alto.

So it could be a reference to that. Or it might even have a double meaning and be a reference to both.

Ranka was in a space suit before, during and after the trip to the planet that got blowed up real good. Nothing new. (Though the before was mostly seen in a flashback after returning from the trip.)

Ranka was in a space suit before, during and after the trip to the planet that got blowed up real good. Nothing new. (Though the before was mostly seen in a flashback after returning from the trip.)

The picture in the post above is taken from the official site's page for episode 16. So she's going to be in a space suit at some point during episode 16. Given that this isn't normal behavior for Ranka (episodes 12-14 were a hopefully unique situation), it's noteworthy and useful when trying to figure out what will happen.

Gah, you have to register to see it.

Enh, it'll show up on youtube sooner or later. And you won't have everybody's comments running across the screen (is there some way to turn those off? I find them INCREDIBLY annoying).

EDIT: Okay, I partially take that back...I laughed at the first キラッ☆.

Edited by Gubaba

Enh, it'll show up on youtube sooner or later. And you won't have everybody's comments running across the screen (is there some way to turn those off? I find them INCREDIBLY annoying).

yes, the lower third button from the right with the chicken and a speechbubble

Protip: Megumi's mother is Filipina.

How about that? Ranka's a fellow kababayan. :wub:

:o

She's a KABABAYAN? :ph34r:

That's awesome, but I was wondering were did you get that information, UN Spacy? ^_^

Never mind, I just did a quick google search and found her wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megumi_Nakajima

Megumi Nakajima (中島 愛, Nakajima Megumi?, born June 5, 1989) is a seiyuu and singer under the Stardust Promotion talent agency. Born of a Japanese father and a Filipino mother[1][2], she was brought up in a "house filled with music" and grew up with the desire to sing.

:wub:

Okay, for those who didn't know that Megumi is Half-Filipino:

http://www.blog-stardust.jp/blog.php?ctrl=...=52&aid=386

Cross-posting from Animesuki:

Everything in parenthesis are mine. If any of this is wrong, someone please correct.

The Tagalog portion reads:

"Good evening to all of you, thank you for following through my blog posts, I'll do my best to make everyone happy. Thank you (polite)."

(She also translates it into Japanese in her blog. Then she follows, )

"Tagalog and English are the main languages in the Philippines, buuuuut... I can't speak in either language. Hahaha. I'm hopeless. But still, I'm trying my best." (With "I'm trying my best", I suppose she knows a few words, and perhaps hears her mother speak in English sometimes. Her English isn't that bad in What 'bout My Star, unlike May'n which is quite terrible if you ask me).

She says that dried mangoes and bananas are very expensive in Japan, and in the Philippines they're very cheap.

She had her 17th birthday in the Philippines, and she had a surprisingly huge chocolate cake which is about 11 by 19 inches. She doesn't have siblings so she's happy to see her relatives.

The rest of it, she just describes the Philippines, that it's humid and people are friendly.

The picture in the post above is taken from the official site's page for episode 16. So she's going to be in a space suit at some point during episode 16. Given that this isn't normal behavior for Ranka (episodes 12-14 were a hopefully unique situation), it's noteworthy and useful when trying to figure out what will happen.

Thanks. Exactly what I meant... Maybe next episode Leon will try to test the use of her singing against the Vajra...

"Tagalog and English are the main languages in the Philippines, buuuuut... I can't speak in either language. Hahaha. I'm hopeless. But still, I'm trying my best." (With "I'm trying my best", I suppose she knows a few words, and perhaps hears her mother speak in English sometimes. Her English isn't that bad in What 'bout My Star, unlike May'n which is quite terrible if you ask me).

Listen to May'n cover of "Papa Don't Preach" before you say that...awful choice of songs, but she sounds good on it.

Listen to May'n cover of "Papa Don't Preach" before you say that...awful choice of songs, but she sounds good on it.

Where can I find this? (I was only talking about her pronunciation on What 'bout my Star :) )

Edited by mike_s_6