Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

Well one thing that comes out in the interview is that Frontier was supposed to have a triangle like Plus' i.e. 2 guys and a girl. Sheryl wasn't originally supposed to be a love interest, but the guy who did the script composition didn't think it would be interesting or very attractive so got Kawamori to change it. :lol: Sheryl was originally only supposed to be someone that Ranka admired, but they ended up doing a DYRL Minmei vs. TV series Minmei thing. I for one am glad that this happened.

Sheryl-fans should probably be happy for that....

Sheryl-fans should probably be happy for that....

Thank goodness for that change.

Not that it matters, but it makes me wonder when they made that decision--was it before or after the first airing of the deculture episode. Sheryl seemed like a whole different person before Episode 3.

Not that it matters, but it makes me wonder when they made that decision--was it before or after the first airing of the deculture episode. Sheryl seemed like a whole different person before Episode 3.

Yup. Thanks for that. I don't care much for either Alto or Ranka, so I welcome putting Sheryl in the mix instead of yet another bishonen competitor. <_<

This was still in the very early planning stages of the show. Yoshino Hiroyuki was still looking at Kawamori's notes when he got the change implemented.

Edited by ackem

This was still in the very early planning stages of the show. Yoshino Hiroyuki was looking at Kawamori's still looking at Kawamori's notes when he got the change implemented.

Thanks, ackem. Now as a Sheryl fan, I'm feeling somewhat ambivalent. If Kawamori hasn't altered his original intention, it seems like Ranka is going to "win" the love triangle by default.

Thanks, ackem. Now as a Sheryl fan, I'm feeling somewhat ambivalent. If Kawamori hasn't altered his original intention, it seems like Ranka is going to "win" the love triangle by default.

Well, the way I see it, if that much of the story got changed, then everything else is fair game too (including the ending). So I wouldn't count on either Ranka or Sheryl winning yet. B))

Well one thing that comes out in the interview is that Frontier was supposed to have a triangle like Plus' i.e. 2 guys and a girl. Sheryl wasn't originally supposed to be a love interest, but the guy who did the script composition didn't think it would be interesting or very attractive so got Kawamori to change it. :lol: Sheryl was originally only supposed to be someone that Ranka admired, but they ended up doing a DYRL Minmei vs. TV series Minmei thing. I for one am glad that this happened.

It's a good thing that he decided to change it otherwise we would end up with another Macross 7 love trangle(something I could do without). ^_^

Macross 7 had a love triangle? :ph34r:

I didn't watch it but I believe it was Basara/Mylene/Gamlin based on what I've read.

The Basara/Mylene/Gamlin "love triangle" did exist to an extent, it just never went anywhere.

More like a love angle. Mylene likes Gamlin and Basara equally. Gamlin likes Mylene.

Basara was more interested on the alien chick (Sivil) that drains the life out of him.

Heck it can be argued that M7 was a love polygon. Rex likes Basara so did flower girl.

Emilia Jenius would have had a giant woman and little man romantic moment with Basara if it weren't for the little kid.

Not to mention the entire fleet of Meltrans under Miria rival ace Chlore. :blink:

Note: Moe Idol Culture Shock works on Zentrans. Making them drop their guns.

Rock star culture shock work on Meltrans. Beware unlike Zentrans that drop their guns Meltrans shoot their guns wildly in fangirlish screams. :ph34r:

The Basara/Mylene/Gamlin "love triangle" did exist to an extent, it just never went anywhere.

Oh I know there was one. I was just trying to make a point of that I felt it was rather useless as far love triangles go, as it indeed never went anywhere, owing big to that one of the corners in said triangle seemed far more in love with himself and was more interested forcing people to listen to his songs... *cough* yes I'm looking at you Basara. :ph34r:

More like a love angle. Mylene likes Gamlin and Basara equally. Gamlin likes Mylene.

Basara was more interested on the alien chick (Sivil) that drains the life out of him.

Heck it can be argued that M7 was a love polygon. Rex likes Basara so did flower girl.

Emilia Jenius would have had a giant woman and little man romantic moment with Basara if it weren't for the little kid.

Not to mention the entire fleet of Meltrans under Miria rival ace Chlore. :blink:

Note: Moe Idol Culture Shock works on Zentrans. Making them drop their guns.

Rock star culture shock work on Meltrans. Beware unlike Zentrans that drop their guns Meltrans shoot their guns wildly in fangirlish screams. :ph34r:

:lol:

So does that mean that if Frontier encounters Meltrans there gonna have to use a MALE singer? :ph34r: Or will the Ranka Attack just do?

You know I've only seen snippets of M7, and I really thought there was no Love Triangle, but more a Love Polygon, because of all those crushes on one another. :ph34r:

Oh I know there was one. I was just trying to make a point of that I felt it was rather useless as far love triangles go, as it indeed never went anywhere, owing big to that one of the corners in said triangle seemed far more in love with himself and was more interested forcing people to listen to his songs... *cough* yes I'm looking at you Basara. :ph34r:

It was a pretty inept love traingle all around...Basara had, as you state, higher aspirations than your average rock star would, Gamlin would probably rather throw himself off a building than actually kiss a girl, and Mylene was too young to what she wanted and too naive to do anything with it had she known.

Great Mechanics DX5 has a 10 page article on the VF-25. Here are the scans.

Included on page 9 is some black and white lineart of both the single seat and dual seat cockpit, which I've been dying for lineart of.

Enjoy.

Graham

P.S. Hopefully, somebody can translate the article in full.

post-11-1215577098_thumb.jpg

post-11-1215577316_thumb.jpg

post-11-1215577472_thumb.jpg

post-11-1215577789_thumb.jpg

post-11-1215577936_thumb.jpg

Included on page 9 is some black and white lineart of both the single seat and dual seat cockpit, which I've been dying for lineart of.

Enjoy.

Graham

Oh Graham thank you, I am in engineering/mech heaven.

Very nice Graham, I think it's easy to say that if the VF-1 is based off the Tomcat, the VF-25, -27, and I think even the nose of the VF-17I is based off the Flanker. There is just no arguing it, the Flanker is by far the prettiest aircraft around these days.

Very nice Graham, I think it's easy to say that if the VF-1 is based off the Tomcat, the VF-25, -27, and I think even the nose of the VF-17I is based off the Flanker. There is just no arguing it, the Flanker is by far the prettiest aircraft around these days.

I think that the article says that the VF-25 is based in both the Tomcat and the Flanker...

I really wouldn't be too worried, I don't know why they would release this information if Ranka's going to win by default anyway, also I guess with the original concept Ranka was more like Alto while Alto and Brera were like Sheryl and Ranka. Also don't forget that Misa Hayase was originally going to be the captain of the Macross but ended up as she is. Lots of things change from the original concept and lots of stuff change during the production of shows.

Enjoy.

Graham

ZOMG!!!! :ph34r:

Thanks Graham. :wub:

I thnk I'm gonna save these in my computer. B))

:lol:

So does that mean that if Frontier encounters Meltrans there gonna have to use a MALE singer? :ph34r: Or will the Ranka Attack just do?

Alto will have to perform Sakura-hime. :ph34r:

Thanks Graham for the scans

Kawamori has always used real world influences in his designs, I particularly liked how he tried to make the Macross universe as real as it could and not fantastic, until 7 came along

the russians sure know how to make nice aircraft, my favorite will always be the Mig-29

Wait, what you mean to tell me that pilot-hime isn't just a girl with a deliciously flat chest? :blink:

Only if you fed him after midnight and splash him with cold water ^_^

Oh yeah, thanks for the great scan Graham.

Only if you fed him after midnight and splash him with cold water ^_^

Oh yeah, thanks for the great scan Graham.

Wait a second. Alto is gonna turn female, have babies pop out of her back, and turn into a gremlin? :lol:

Wait a second. Alto is gonna turn female, have babies pop out of her back, and turn into a gremlin? :lol:

I think he means that Alto will or has already fallen into the spring of drowned female gremlin (or conversely, fell/will fall into the spring of drowned girl THEN into the spring of drowned gremlin).

Surprised these weren't posted here yet, from the Chinese BBS translated by Darial from AnimeSuki.

Expanded 14-18 synopsis follows (copied from Chinese BBS): I translated the new spoilers to the best of my ability.

15 - Lost Peace

15 (Lost Peace) 7/17

While Sheryl did temporarily feel better from the illness that led to her concert's cancellation on Galia 4, she was unable to fully recover. As a result, Grace, Sheryl's manager, informed Sheryl that all her work are cancelled until she returns to full health.

Sheryl heard about Ranka's increase in popularity, and felt a strange sense of unease. At the same time, Alto and Ranka are coming to visit her.

16 (Ranka Attack) 7/24

Alto was summoned to the S.M.S. owner, Mr. Bilra's home. There, Mr. Bilra explained to Alto his personal dream. At the same time, Sheryl, who wants to see Alto with a single-minded determination, escapes from the hospital. Elsewhere, Ranka meets Burera, and finds out that he has been listing to her songs.

17 (Good Bye Sister) 7/31

Ranka's debut concern, which had been delayed due to the incident on Galia 4, is finally about to happen. LCDR Ozuma promised Ranka he will be there for her debut concert. However, Vajra attacks right before the concert. LCDR Ozuma sorties out to destroy the Vajra. To make it to Ranka's debut at the Sky Gate stadium, LCDR Ozuma.....

18 (Fold Fame) 8/7

Due to Varja attacks, the super long distance colonial fleet, Macross Frontier, is suffering resource shortages. Not only is energy supply limited, food and water rationing are also instituted. At this time, Sheryl is becoming more and more concerned about her inability to fully recover. She went out looking for Alto, but fainted on the way due to high fever. But right then, someone helps her.

You know I have to wonder why the two Sheryl pics and Sheryl lines weren't initially released... a Ranka fan leaked the information perhaps? lol..