Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

From Anime Suki, episodes 16-18 synopses:

16話 ランカ・アタック 7/24

S.M.Sのオーナー、ビルラーはアルトを屋敷へ呼び出し

自分の夢を語り聞かせる。一方、ランカはVF-27のパイロット、

ブレラが自分の歌を聴いていたと知り・・・・・・

Episode 16, Ranka Attack

S.M.S' owner, Birura meets with Alto to discuss Alto's future plans (I'm not 100% sure this is correct, but it's the best I can do in this context). At the same time, Ranka found out the pilot of V-27, Berera, has been listening to her songs.

17話 グッバイ・シスター 7/31

ガリア4でのアクシデントにより延期になっていたランカの

ファーストライブが、開催されることになった。妹のランカに必ずライブを

見に行く、と約束していたオズマ。ところがライブ直前にバジュラが襲来、

彼は出撃を余儀なくされる。

Episode 17, Good Bye Sister

Ranka's first life concert, which was delayed due to the accident on Galia 4, is finally going to happen. LCDR Ozuma promised his sister he will be there. However, the Vajra attacks right before the event, and he is forced to sortie out to defend the fleet.

18話 フォールド・フェーム 8/7

度重なるバジュラの襲撃により、フロンティア船団では物資不足が

深刻化していた。エネルギー供給は制限されてしまい、

水や食料にいたっては配給制となる始末で、住民は不安を募らせていく。

Episode 18, Fold Fame

Due to repeated Vajra attacks, the Frontier Colonial Fleet's resource shortage deepened. Energy supply is becoming limited, and water and food rationing is increasing the population's unease.

From Anime Suki, episodes 16-18 synopses:

16話 ランカ・アタック 7/24

S.M.Sのオーナー、ビルラーはアルトを屋敷へ呼び出し

自分の夢を語り聞かせる。一方、ランカはVF-27のパイロット、

ブレラが自分の歌を聴いていたと知り・・・・・・

Episode 16, Ranka Attack

S.M.S' owner, Birura meets with Alto to discuss Alto's future plans (I'm not 100% sure this is correct, but it's the best I can do in this context). At the same time, Ranka found out the pilot of V-27, Berera, has been listening to her songs.

17話 グッバイ・シスター 7/31

ガリア4でのアクシデントにより延期になっていたランカの

ファーストライブが、開催されることになった。妹のランカに必ずライブを

見に行く、と約束していたオズマ。ところがライブ直前にバジュラが襲来、

彼は出撃を余儀なくされる。

Episode 17, Good Bye Sister

Ranka's first life concert, which was delayed due to the accident on Galia 4, is finally going to happen. LCDR Ozuma promised his sister he will be there. However, the Vajra attacks right before the event, and he is forced to sortie out to defend the fleet.

18話 フォールド・フェーム 8/7

度重なるバジュラの襲撃により、フロンティア船団では物資不足が

深刻化していた。エネルギー供給は制限されてしまい、

水や食料にいたっては配給制となる始末で、住民は不安を募らせていく。

Episode 18, Fold Fame

Due to repeated Vajra attacks, the Frontier Colonial Fleet's resource shortage deepened. Energy supply is becoming limited, and water and food rationing is increasing the population's unease.

Thx, just updated wikipedia with those... ^_^

Maybe you didn't but I heard that a long time ago, since at least episode 4 or 5 I've known that. It wasn't a speculate I made up I read it at some point. Besides in the first episode even Glass says they'll need to rely on Birla's services even more now which I at the time took to meant the services of SMS of which he is the benefactor and owner. I didn't say that anywhere and then in by episode 4 it was known. I can't remember exactly where I heard it from but I am pretty sure I've known that beyond just speculation for some time now.

If I really am wrong then I have at least been believing this for months now, I certainly thought that was known information.

I remember now, I read that SMS-owner thing on Wikipedia on the MacF Characters section. Not sure if that is entirely correct of course, but that's where I first read it :ph34r:

Birla to Alto: Boy Valkyries don't grow on trees. :angry:

:lol:

Or It could be one of those Top Gun homages. :ph34r:

SCENARIO: Birla speaks to Alto after returning from another harrowing mission where he AGAIN went reckless and had is VF-25 blown up AGAIN.

Birla: Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash. :angry:

I remember now, I read that SMS-owner thing on Wikipedia on the MacF Characters section. Not sure if that is entirely correct of course, but that's where I first read it :ph34r:

Richard Bilrer:

The mysterious Zentradi looking owner of the S.M.S. Civilian Military Provider Company. Has multiple artificial implants in his body and some of them enable him to receive telephone calls directly into his left ear.

I wrote that... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

This blog was linked on AS, same spoilers as before with one extra thing for 16.

http://animejapan4u.blogspot.com/2008/07/m...p1617and18.html

EP16 Lanca・attack

The owner and Bilrar of S.M.S call Alto to the residence, talk about my

dream, and make it hear.

Sheryl in those days slipped out the hospital ardently ..wanting meet Alto...

On the other hand, Lanca learns the pilot and Brela of VF-27 heard my song.

This blog was linked on AS, same spoilers as before with one extra thing for 16.

http://animejapan4u.blogspot.com/2008/07/m...p1617and18.html

EP16 Lanca・attack

The owner and Bilrar of S.M.S call Alto to the residence, talk about my

dream, and make it hear.

Sheryl in those days slipped out the hospital ardently ..wanting meet Alto...

On the other hand, Lanca learns the pilot and Brela of VF-27 heard my song.

So...

Is Sheryl going to get sick again or she will get wounded during the battle on episode 14?

:ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Here's the latest Frontier articles from the August editions of Hobby Japan, Dengeki Hobby & Model Graphix.

Hobby Japan

Dengeki Hobby

Model Graphix

So...

Is Sheryl going to get sick again or she will get wounded during the battle on episode 14?

:ph34r:

I was a bit puzzled by episode 15's spoiler when I first read it since it has Ranka and Alto visiting Sheryl in hospital and 13's spoiler said she had recovered. I'm guessing she's not fully recovered and it's a willpower thing that she got up and dragged Michael along to look for Alto. Maybe collapse again after the battle is over and Alto and Ranka are safe?

I was a bit puzzled by episode 15's spoiler when I first read it since it has Ranka and Alto visiting Sheryl in hospital and 13's spoiler said she had recovered. I'm guessing she's not fully recovered and it's a willpower thing that she got up and dragged Michael along to look for Alto. Maybe collapse again after the battle is over and Alto and Ranka are safe?

Maybe, Grace found out that Sheryl is not dead, and is back as her manager, drugging her. No one knows that she blew up Gallia 4 aside from perhaps Leon and Brera, right?

Maybe, Grace found out that Sheryl is not dead, and is back as her manager, drugging her. No one knows that she blew up Gallia 4 aside from perhaps Leon and Brera, right?

she was right beside the dimension eater.. she can never survive ( i hope so :ph34r: )

I and a lot of other people (mike included I think) suspect Grace is an AI not just a cyborg.

What is there still to suspect? She clearly states to Brera he should return to Frontier and wait for further orders from her.

What is there still to suspect? She clearly states to Brera he should return to Frontier and wait for further orders from her.

I think that line correctly translated is "Continue to follow my orders" but nevertheless she'll be back.

It's from macross fufonfia, which are some weird shorts about ranka and nanase working at a video game company or some such.

Yup. Earlier episodes are available on Crunchyroll. Episode 7 is the latest, and it's just been released on the official Macross Frontier site. I'd have to say Episode 7, hands down, is one of the most subversive and funniest episode to date. You don't really have to understand too much Japanese to "get it." I was ROTFL laughing so hard I almost busted a gut. Won't spoil it for you guys, but I highly recommend it. :lol:

So is there anything useful in those magazine articles are all they just interviews with the cast and stuff we already know?

Well one thing that comes out in the interview is that Frontier was supposed to have a triangle like Plus' i.e. 2 guys and a girl. Sheryl wasn't originally supposed to be a love interest, but the guy who did the script composition didn't think it would be interesting or very attractive so got Kawamori to change it. :lol: Sheryl was originally only supposed to be someone that Ranka admired, but they ended up doing a DYRL Minmei vs. TV series Minmei thing. I for one am glad that this happened.