Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

Enh, Brera's just showing off, demonstrating that he doesn't need them to decorate the sky with little pieces of Alto...

Or pieces of himself... I don't believe the VF-27 can't tolerate doing all those fancy zero G acrobatics in a planet with gravity and athmospheric air-resistance... :ph34r:

Enh, Brera's just showing off, demonstrating that he doesn't need them to decorate the sky with little pieces of Alto...

Alto vs Brera, round 2 start.

Alto already scored 1 in the first round now back with his VF-25, and looks like he got some help from his backseat co-pilot. I wish Alto didn't pull Isamu by ejecting her away during the dogfight. While Brera as predicted, is using the mysterious VF-27 with a new leg which Alto had blown up in Round 1.

The stakes are on for round 2, who will win, Alto or Brera?

:lol:

Episode 12 rating, note the time it was pushed a few hours back, I also think that MBS ratings would be a better indication of it's popularity considering it airs the night before so there's no streams and torrents to take away rating figures for MBS unlike TBS.

*1.5%(*2.0%) 06/28 (Sat) *3:30am-*4:00am TBS Macross FRONTIER

Alto vs Brera, round 2 start.

Alto already scored 1 in the first round now back with his VF-25, and looks like he got some help from his backseat co-pilot. I wish Alto didn't pull Isamu by ejecting her away during the dogfight. While Brera as predicted, is using the mysterious VF-27 with a new leg which Alto had blown up in Round 1.

The stakes are on for round 2, who will win, Alto or Brera?

:lol:

Alto didn't have a copilot in round 1, he was alone... and certainly didn't eject anyone. Are you making predictions on the dogfight in ep.13 because your present and past tense is making it hard to tell.

Episode 12 rating, note the time it was pushed a few hours back, I also think that MBS ratings would be a better indication of it's popularity considering it airs the night before so there's no streams and torrents to take away rating figures for MBS unlike TBS.

The Kansai region unfortunately doesn't have as many people as the Kanto region so numbers would be skewed. That would be taking numbers that best fit your view of things.

On the flip side, everybody else went down about .1%-.5%.

*4.1% (*4.5%) 06/28 (Sat) *8:30am-*9:00am TV Tokyo Oha Coliseum

*4.1% (*4.2%) 06/28 (Sat) *9:00am-*9:30am TV Tokyo BLUE DRAGON Tenkai no Shichiryuu [bLUE DRAGON: The Seven Sky Dragons]

*3.9% (*5.3%) 06/28 (Sat) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo Keroro Gunsou [sergeant Frog]

*3.6% (*3.7%) 06/28 (Sat) 10:30am-11:00am TV Tokyo Katekyo Hitman REBORN!

*3.5% (*3.1%) 06/29 (Sun) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo Zettai Karen Children

*3.4% (*3.3%) 06/28 (Sat) *9:30am-10:00am TV Tokyo Shugo Chara!

*3.3% (*3.6%) 06/27 (Fri) 12:45am-*1:15am Fuji TV Toshokan Sensou [Library War] (The End)

*3.2% (*2.9%) 06/29 (Sun) *9:30am-10:00am TV Tokyo Onegai My Melody Kirara!

*3.1% (*3.3%) 06/26 (Thu) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Gintama

*3.1% (*2.5%) 06/24 (Tue) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo D.Gray-man

*3.1% (*2.4%) 06/28 (Sat) *6:25pm-*6:50pm NHK-ETV Telepathy Shoujo Ran [The Telepathy Girl Ran]

*3.0% (*3.3%) 06/23 (Mon) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Soul Eater

*2.9% (*3.2%) 06/29 (Sun) *5:00pm-*5:30pm TBS Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2

*2.8% (*3.4%) 06/25 (Wed) *7:00pm-*7:55pm TV Tokyo BLEACH Gekijouban Daisandan Koukai Special [bLEACH the Movie 3: Public Opening Special]

*2.6% (*3.5%) 06/27 (Fri) *4:30pm-*5:00pm NTV Soreike! Anpanman

*2.6% (*3.4%) 06/27 (Fri) *1:59am-*2:29am TBS To LOVE Ru -Trouble-

*2.6% (*2.3%) 06/27 (Fri) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Kirarin Revolution

*2.5% (*3.8%) 06/27 (Fri) *1:29am-*1:59am TBS xxxHOLiC Kei (The End)

*2.4% (*3.6%) 06/28 (Sat) *1:23am-*1:53am TV Tokyo Golgo 13

*2.4% (*2.1%) 06/29 (Sun) *9:00am-*9:30am TV Tokyo Pururun! Shizuku-chan Aha!

*2.3% (*2.6%) 06/29 (Sun) *8:30am-*9:00am TV Tokyo Net Ghost PIPOPA

*2.3% (*1.3%) 06/25 (Wed) 12:59am-*1:29am NTV RD Sennou Chousashitsu [aka Real Drive]

*1.9% (*2.1%) 06/24 (Tue) *1:15am-*1:45am TV Tokyo Vampire Knight

*1.8% (*2.0%) 06/25 (Wed) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

*1.5%(*2.0%) 06/28 (Sat) *3:30am-*4:00am TBS Macross FRONTIER

*1.5% (*1.8%) 06/30 (Sun) *1:30am-*2:00am TV Tokyo Nabari no Ou

*1.4% (*1.6%) 06/30 (Sun) *2:00am-*2:30am TV Tokyo Neo Angelique Abyss (The End)

*1.3% (*0.6%) 06/25 (Wed) *1:29am-*1:59am NTV Himitsu -Top Secret-

*1.2% (*2.0%) 06/24 (Tue) *4:30pm-*5:00pm TV Tokyo Uchi no Sanshimai

*1.1% (*1.4%) 06/28 (Sat) *4:00am-*4:30am TBS Itazura na Kiss

*1.1% (*1.2%) 06/24 (Tue) *2:15am-*2:45am TV Tokyo Monochrome Factor

The Kansai region unfortunately doesn't have as many people as the Kanto region so numbers would be skewed. That would be taking numbers that best fit your view of things.

On the flip side, everybody else went down about .1%-.5%.

You seem to know your regions, Az. Are you IN Japan or just well versed in it? :D

The fact that everyone seemed to be down would mean that Frontier's drop is on par with everyone else that week. I'm kinda surprised that even the final episode of Library Wars dropped too, being the last episode and all. Just what was happening that week?

Now let's just see how the numbers are for this week’s episode since it's possibly going to answer some of the questions raised from last week's episode.

Judging from past trends with the series, my conservative estimates is that it'd only have a slight rise but not above 2.0%. Non conservative estimates up to 2.5%. 3% if the revels are of the "floor-dropped-from-below-you & this-is-not-the-Macross-you-knew-from-before" type of revelations, though unlikely since those high numbers have so far only been with episodes that have high comedy elements involving panties....

You gotta wonder what happened to the canopy?

Graham

Now that you pointed it out, yes it seems that either the front half of the oveall canopy is removeable, or someone broke something off his VF-25 again.

Satelight to stop producing Hellsing Ultimate (semi-related)

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/06/30/h...es-to-madhouse/

So, umm what would you guys think happened there? IMO Satelight was doing an awesome job with this OVA, is this something common in the industry? the switching between companies in the middle of a production? It could be anything, who knows.

As a Macross fan, I'm hoping the reason behind this decision's related to a future or current Macross production, something along the lines of "Satelight does Macross full-time" until we know for sure I think there's room for speculation, I'm certainly crossing my fingers, we might be in for a surprise announcement after Macross Frontier finishes airing.

Satelight to stop producing Hellsing Ultimate (semi-related)

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/06/30/h...es-to-madhouse/

So, umm what would you guys think happened there? IMO Satelight was doing an awesome job with this OVA, is this something common in the industry? the switching between companies in the middle of a production? It could be anything, who knows.

As a Macross fan, I'm hoping the reason behind this decision's related to a future or current Macross production, something along the lines of "Satelight does Macross full-time" until we know for sure I think there's room for speculation, I'm certainly crossing my fingers, we might be in for a surprise announcement after Macross Frontier finishes airing.

Ummmm no offense, but this really isn't Macross Frontier related. :blink:

Episode 14 from the official site

アルト、ミシェルに続きルカも戦場に向かうことに。

ルカはナナセに気持ちを打ち明けようとするが・・・。

そして母の子守唄に秘められたランカの記憶。

その記憶が指し示す真実とは?

バジュラやブレラとランカの関係は?謎が謎を呼ぶ。

Babelfished:

It follows to alto and michael and in also Luca facing to the battlefield. Luca tries to confess feeling to nanase but…. And memory of ranka which is concealed in the baby sitter 唄 of the mother. The truth which the memory indicates? As for relationship of Vajra and Brera between Ranka]? Puzzle calls puzzle.

OMG Luca, your braver than I tought. :ph34r:

Some news from the official site:

-TBS is airing episode 13 late again... 27:40. Sucks to live in the Tokyo area...

-Live shows (Megumi Nakajima live performances)

Tokyo

July 27th, 2008. Doors open at 1:00PM, show starts at 2:00PM @ Zepp Tokyo

Tickets go on sale @ 7/5/2008, 10AM

Osaka

August 6th, 2008. Doors open at 6PM, show starts at 7PM @ Namba Hatch

Tickets go on sale @ 7/5/2008, 10AM

-Akibako Tower will have some Macross events. See site for more details.

http://www.akibakotower.com/

... it is only me smelling pinapples or steaks out there?

Steaks maybe, but pineapples no. Ozma doesn't seem ready to eat the specified fruit salad just yet.

Babelfished:

It follows to alto and michael and in also Luca facing to the battlefield. Luca tries to confess feeling to nanase but…. And memory of ranka which is concealed in the baby sitter 唄 of the mother. The truth which the memory indicates? As for relationship of Vajra and Brera between Ranka]? Puzzle calls puzzle.

That Babelfish translation is pretty much understandable, just replace the words

"baby sitter" with "lullaby"

Babelfished:

GO LUCA!!!

And how did the (quite common) word for "lullaby" get bastardized into "baby sitter 唄"?

GO LUCA!!!

And how did the (quite common) word for "lullaby" get bastardized into "baby sitter 唄"?

Well Babelfish does wonders :lol: As you probably already know, "Lullaby" in Japanese is literally "baby sitter song", they forgot to translate the last kanji.

Edited by mike_s_6

Well Babelfish does wonders :lol: As you probably already know, "Lullaby" in Japanese is literally "baby sitter song", they forgot to translate the last kanji.

I always thought it was just "child protection song"...but then, I didn't know what the word for "baby sitter" was.

I'll say this again, Babelfish ain't the best machine translator I've seen. I prefer a buckshot approach to machine translators.

Steaks maybe, but pineapples no. Ozma doesn't seem ready to eat the specified fruit salad just yet.

Nah, it will be Brera eating the salad ultimately, to save his little sister...

I expect the hitch to Luca's affections is Nanase will be interested in the pretty boy Micheal...

Edited by Zinjo

I have a nagging feeling Brera will be the one to nail Ozma. Would be ironic if the real brother disposes of the surrogate one.

That might then push Alto over the edge resulting him into taking Brera out. All just before Ranka finally figures out who he is...

ランシュ・メイ(Lynch May)

CV:坂本真綾 Maaya Sakamoto

Ranka's mom.

PURE Proto Culture?

EP.13, 1405

Ranka:

Is it earth's song?

Mom:

NO, it is....

Wow, imagine Sakimoto's version of Aimo?!