Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

Is Macross Chronicle available for sale anywhere?

It's available for pre-order right now from HMV (they do ship internationally and do have an English version of their site). At the price though, you may want to see if a Japanese bookstore will have it (like Kinokuniya, if you have one near you) or bunch up your order. At $6-$7 USD/volume, shipping internationally will be painful/volume.

Grrr.........that's why I hate places like that site started by four guys named Chan and the BS crap hoaxes that gets posted there.

Well... the art there is nice at least, hehe. Check out what I just found... Could it be official art?

I already posted this image in the Mecha thread... Sorry for the re-post, I couldn't resist sharing it here... ^_^

post-7862-1214888391_thumb.jpg

Yes, but that's probably the best mecha fan art that I've have seen... Looks a lot like model kit box art... :ph34r:

As I posted in the other thread - this isn't Hidetaka Tenjin's art at all. It's nice fan art, but definately not Tenjin's. Could be a WIP tho, before he paints over it?

I get the feeling that "Twilight Planet" was a fake name they threw out just to keep the ending of ep. 12 a surprise...

Quite agree there. Sounds like they were trying to keep the spoilers hidden. Good on them.

Taksraven

Well... the art there is nice at least, hehe. Check out what I just found... Could it be official art?

I already posted this image in the Mecha thread... Sorry for the re-post, I couldn't resist sharing it here... ^_^

Fanart or not, I has a new wallpaper...

and:

I would love a poster of All that VF, it's purty!

Edited by Kelsain

I think fans recognizing recycled cloud formations is more disturbing than the recycled background itself :):lol:

yeah, but it's Kresphy! He ALWAYS finds all the little things that the rest of us can't...Admittedly, information on new releases is a little more useful than reused backgrounds, but it's all the same mission. ^_^

I think fans recognizing recycled cloud formations is more disturbing than the recycled background itself :):lol:

This remind me of a 4chan thread where someone shopped manly attributes over Suzaku (Code Geass) and someone recognized where they came from :lol:

Anyway, it's clearly a reference more than a recycle, because if you have seen the preview you will notice Alto performs the same Cobra maneuver Shin did B))

FV

Anyway, it's clearly a reference more than a recycle, because if you have seen the preview you will notice Alto performs the same Cobra maneuver Shin did B))

Not exactly the same manuever, Shin performs a Cobra, then crosses Nora's own Cobra while in fighter mode. Pilot-Hime on the other hand does a Cobra then goes into Gerwalk mode in the preview.

um, maybe they also recycled the flight paths? this is CG afterall so they probably have the old render paths saved somewhere and just swapped the objects, i mean valks. if the camera angles on that cobra maneuver are the same, then i'd say it's very likely.

anyway, i'm not complaining about the recycling (if indeed it is). if anything, it shows how much they've improved on the lighting.

edit: ok, scratch that. d3v just blew it out of the water :p

Edited by Major Focker

It's too accurate to be a homage. The background is a 1:1 copy, but with more cloud details added in, at the top left and top right sides of the image. As for the flight paths and movement - also 1:1 copy and pasted over to the MacF episode, except in this case Alto switches to Gerwalk mode.

General thing about copying:

If something popular copies anything - it's a homage, or a tribute.

If something unpopular copies anything - it's a rip off

Edited by OmegaD3k

indeed. the new renders are much more natural.

another bit, that suggests the backgrounds were recycled: in M0 the lighting was from the left and both the valks and clouds reflected this. in MF the lighting was on the right side and correctly depicted by the left shadowing on the valks, but the clouds still had their shadows on the right facing the sun :blink:

another bit, that suggests the backgrounds were recycled: in M0 the lighting was from the left and both the valks and clouds reflected this. in MF the lighting was on the right side and correctly depicted by the left shadowing on the valks, but the clouds still had their shadows on the right facing the sun :blink:

No one's perfect. ^_^

Decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and pre-order the Macross Chonicles from HMV Japan. I'll let you all know how the service turns out.

While I'll probably be able to find them easily enough retail here in Hong Kong, I'm going to be on vacation in UK from mid-July, to early August and don't want to risk missing the first issue with the binder, as I'm sure it will sell out quickly.

Graham

That's not the sun, that's the exhaust from the VF-27s engines.

Speaking of which, it seems that the 27 is using only 2 of the 4 engines it has.

Edited by d3v

That's not the sun, that's the exhaust from the VF-27s engines.

Speaking of which, it seems that the 27 is using only 2 of the 4 engines it has.

Enh, Brera's just showing off, demonstrating that he doesn't need them to decorate the sky with little pieces of Alto...

Decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and pre-order the Macross Chonicles from HMV Japan. I'll let you all know how the service turns out.

While I'll probably be able to find them easily enough retail here in Hong Kong, I'm going to be on vacation in UK from mid-July, to early August and don't want to risk missing the first issue with the binder, as I'm sure it will sell out quickly.

Graham

I know I shouldn't ask this, but when the time comes, maybe it will be possible for you or someone else to post some *cough*scans*cough*? :)