Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

I know i'm a pain, but i have no idea, and my local retailers are useless with telling me what i want to know,

If i buy a Aussie PSP, and Macross Ace Frontier comes out (and probably will only be a Jap release no doubt)

can i play it? Or can only USA versions play Jap versions like how the PS3 can share between those 2 regions?

I blame Kevin Rudd and the stupid labour party. F'n regions!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I know i'm a pain, but i have no idea, and my local retailers are useless with telling me what i want to know,

If i buy a Aussie PSP, and Macross Ace Frontier comes out (and probably will only be a Jap release no doubt)

can i play it? Or can only USA versions play Jap versions like how the PS3 can share between those 2 regions?

Blame the TV. 60Hz/50Hz is the oldest and most logical regional definition.

If you guys had adopted 60Hz NTSC, your PS3s would probably play Japanese and US games.

(Honestly, I didn't know that PAL PS3s couldn't play NTSC games)

Blame the TV. 60Hz/50Hz is the oldest and most logical regional definition.

If you guys had adopted 60Hz NTSC, your PS3s would probably play Japanese and US games.

(Honestly, I didn't know that PAL PS3s couldn't play NTSC games)

Ah? Oh, ok well i can still blame him for other things. :p Thanks for the info JBO.

Thats why I always buy Japanese consoles because you can usually do more. The PS3 is a prime example with its uk version being neutered when it comes to backward compatability. But it helps when you have a friend who lives there.

My TVs are all the red/yellow/white connectors.....damn.

Graham

I think this is what you need...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76408

this is a component type(5 cables), I believe there is a composite type(3 cables)

My cousin said there are generic types that are sold in HK and Singapore, be sure to ask for a composite type or 2-in-1 type if you are planning to buy a HDtv

An example of a 2-in-1 type

http://xploder.net/psp/products/191/PSP-to...ding-Cheats.htm

Seems you prefer a big screen, I'm a more of a big sreen gamer myself maybe co'z all my life I'm use to it... Anyway the only problem that you may incounter is that, since the resolution of the psp is only 480x272 and it will be stretched on your tv is the video quality might get a little blurry.

Edited by LadyLuck®

Thats why I always buy Japanese consoles because you can usually do more. The PS3 is a prime example with its uk version being neutered when it comes to backward compatability. But it helps when you have a friend who lives there.

So would the Jap PSP have somethin over an aussie PSP?

Actually, the UK version was the standard. It was rolled out in America and Japan shortly after the european launch.

Europe just got the semi-compatible version first, since their launch was right as they finished the first hardware revision. And the gaming "news" sites made it sound like some evil anti-european conspiracy instead of a global hardware revision.

And the system's been revised again since then.

NO REGION'S PS3 can play ANY PS2 game now.

Most of the time the japanese consoles are, feature-for-feature, identical to the US ones.

They're usually pretty close to their european/australian counterparts too, with the variances being largely restricted to what's needed to make them compatible with 50Hz PAL TVs.

Certainly the most recent generation has introduced a more complex system, but I'm not really convinced there's a major functionality difference between the japanese OS and the "overseas" OS.

Hell, I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T run the exact same OS, with a single byte in ROM telling it which language to default to*. It makes things MASSIVELY simpler if you don't have to maintain multiple code bases.

*Sega actually exposed this to the end user, having a very prominent language selection menu on the Saturn and Dreamcast(though it didn't change the regional lockout code, which would've been stupidly awesome). While less obvious due to the wider variety of options, it's also available on the XBoxes and PS2.

Speaking of Sega... the Master System was arguably MORE functional outside of Japan. Certainly, the FM music add-on was never made available to the english-speaking world, but we got a built-in maze game!

On the other hand, the japanese no-cart demo was fun to look at.

Edited by JB0

And the system's been revised again since then.

NO REGION'S PS3 can play ANY PS2 game now.

No longer true. In North America at least (and maybe Japan, not sure about Europe though), Sony has re-released a new 80GB PS3 bundle including Metal Gear Solid 4 that can play PS2 games in the region that it was bought.

So the 80GB versions with some PS2 backwards compatibility are available again. The 40GB models though still can't play PS2 games.

So would the Jap PSP have somethin over an aussie PSP?

Yes and no. My Japanese PSP has additional features but none of these features have support in the US. These features generally require a sort of setup PSP specific WiFi hot spot which of course there are none of in the US. Of course I still have the ability to enjoy it's awesome Blue colour :lol:

I blame the Labor Party for everything :lol:. And F' this movement for 1 laptop per child in Australia, it should be 1 PSP for every child!

Anyways' I got around $260 AUD for a PSP (original). How about you? Before shipping.

EDIT: I've decided to get a PSP Slim and Lite. It is only $286 AUD shipped for me. That's virtually nothing much more than a normal PSP. From what I gather, the onboard memory has been increased significantly, allowing for faster loading times, and also improves web browsing. I also understand that while lighter due to the reduction of battery size, it still has the same operating time or even longer, all the while having a brighter LCD and also the same interface. I understand though, that it is not as robust as the old PSP. I would love it if it had bluetooth (can't find any info though, and hopes still run high as it has WiFi) so I can connect to my Logitech Freepulse wireless headphones.

This will be my first hand held system, and I am surprised at how affordable they are.

Edited by kensei

I blame the Labor Party for everything :lol:. And F' this movement for 1 laptop per child in Australia, it should be 1 PSP for every child!

Anyways' I got around $260 AUD for a PSP (original). How about you? Before shipping.

EDIT: I've decided to get a PSP Slim and Lite. It is only $286 AUD shipped for me. That's virtually nothing much more than a normal PSP. From what I gather, the onboard memory has been increased significantly, allowing for faster loading times, and also improves web browsing. I also understand that while lighter due to the reduction of battery size, it still has the same operating time or even longer, all the while having a brighter LCD and also the same interface. I understand though, that it is not as robust as the old PSP. I would love it if it had bluetooth (can't find any info though, and hopes still run high as it has WiFi) so I can connect to my Logitech Freepulse wireless headphones.

This will be my first hand held system, and I am surprised at how affordable they are.

lol! f rudd! yeah my first handheld too, unless you count the flip out donkey kong hehe.

So your getting a Jap one? Where did you get it Kensei?

I'm thinking i'll wait for the Jap - MacrossAceFrontier special release (wishful thinking), but that's if i can hold out.

Apparently the guys at my local EB Games said that there is no problem hooking up the PSP to pretty much any

respectable tv. Just need the right cables, bonus! I got my mate coming over for a macross marathon next weekend and

he's going to give me a demo on what his can do. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

No longer true. In North America at least (and maybe Japan, not sure about Europe though), Sony has re-released a new 80GB PS3 bundle including Metal Gear Solid 4 that can play PS2 games in the region that it was bought.

So the 80GB versions with some PS2 backwards compatibility are available again. The 40GB models though still can't play PS2 games.

Semi-sweet!

I'm glad to be running on outdated news this time.

I imagine I'd wind up tripping on the PS3 semi-compatibility though. Me and the 360 already aren't seeing eye to eye on XBox 1 game selection.

But PS2s are a dime a dozen, so the back-compatibility doesn't worry me... yet.

Eventually my PS2 will die, like my PS1 before it. And they'll become harder and harder to replace as time goes on.

Hell, some day even my SegaCD will die. But it's at least got decent emulation now.

PS1 still has a ways to go, and PS2... yeah, let's not talk about that. The fact that my SegaCD top-loader has ALREADY outlived my PS1 from 1999 and my XBox from 2005 is sad enough as it is.

Looks like you could use the Glaug as well! You know who is in there! :D Thanks for the link! :)

Mac II Monster!!!!! AndZentran capital ships! YES! I have never been so excited about a game in like... ever.

I dunno about this love-triangle stuff :lol: What if it's like 3 guys??? eewww.

Be interesting how it all works, confidence bars and love bars... lol

it looks like EVERYTHING will be in there, cept maybe the petite coa machine... :(

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol! f rudd! yeah my first handheld too, unless you count the flip out donkey kong hehe.

So your getting a Jap one? Where did you get it Kensei?

I'm thinking i'll wait for the Jap - MacrossAceFrontier special release (wishful thinking), but that's if i can hold out.

Apparently the guys at my local EB Games said that there is no problem hooking up the PSP to pretty much any

respectable tv. Just need the right cables, bonus! I got my mate coming over for a macross marathon next weekend and

he's going to give me a demo on what his can do. :p

The PSP? Just from a website called gamehead.com.au. They got good deals.

Dunno if this will get an english release. I hope so. It'll make things easier for me.

Looks like you could use the Glaug as well! You know who is in there! :D Thanks for the link! :)

Mac II Monster!!!!! AndZentran capital ships! YES! I have never been so excited about a game in like... ever.

I dunno about this love-triangle stuff :lol: What if it's like 3 guys??? eewww.

Be interesting how it all works, confidence bars and love bars... lol

it looks like EVERYTHING will be in there, cept maybe the petite coa machine... :(

No vending machine? BLASPHEMY!

Reguld, Glaug... better be a QRau.

*looks at pics*

And there is.

A Phalanx too!

Why do I love the Phalanx?

I must have this game. If only for the hilarity of a Phalanx jumpkicking people.

Edited by JB0

love the line up but where's Guld??????!!!!?? There must be another list of them not noted here for sure.

Like Nora, DD.... Mylene... what about Sharon Apple and her in the Ghost Fighter??????? That would be filth!

pilotlineup.jpg

Yeah did you see the scale difference with the Monster and the Tomohawk? :D huge!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

heh heh of course there is more pilots, there is a screeny of Max with TV suit/helm. So i gues that means Hikaru will

have the same. Max gets the most apearances, VF-1J, VF-1A TV, VF-1A DYRL, VF-22...

Un-lockable TV suits??

I hope there is Macross Zero Valks!!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone please confirm? Bring on Shin!

Bring on Roy with 0S reactive! :D

Can somebody translate the text on the right side of the screen please? I really want to know what the different stats are.

Graham

Here you go Graham:

PILOT: PLAYER

SMS Skull Sqdn [Warrant Officer]

Stamina

Shooting

Melee

Defense

Speed

Focus/Concentration

Potential/Awakening

I added my interpretation on the last two skill criteria because the same list has appearead in a myriad of SLG or STGs like Super Robot Wars.

Edited by Project Phoenix

Monster!! Awesome. OK, I also wanna see Mylene, the SV-51, the Konig Monster, Guld, etc.

And one interesting thing -- It looks like they've taken the DYRL designs... but then instead of having Max defect over to the Meltran side, they've brought Millia over to the UN Spacy. So it follows TV continuity with DYRL designs! (she's wearing a DYRL flightsuit)

Here you go Graham:

PILOT: PLAYER

SMS Skull Sqdn [Warrant Officer]

Stamina

Shooting

Melee

Defense

Speed

Focus/Concentration

Potential/Awakening

I added my interpretation on the last two skill criteria because the same list has appearead in a myriad of SLG or STGs like Super Robot Wars.

Thanks for the translation.

Can you take a shot at translating the mecha stats in this picture as well please.

Graham

post-11-1214795227_thumb.jpg