Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

Should be getting my psp this christmas! gonna break out MAF for the first time. heh!

You wont be sorry :)

Does anyone know if there is a way of getting screen grabs/saves in this game?

I have tried to find out in this thread, as I remember reading about it somewhere.

Any pointers would be great.

Edited by big F

CW cheat is one way I believe although I haven't tried doing this myself yet.

IIRC I got both the VF-171EX and VF-25S when I completed the final mission, the one where you have to kill the Vajra Queen.

Graham

This was also my experience.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to beat Macross misson 8 Trap of Quamzin? I melee and sp, but still have B. Thanks! ^_^ I managed to SS on all extra missions with the YF-21 using the ppb, main gun, and SP. Its really effective.

The trick is locking onto, & taking out Kamjin as quickly as possible when he appears. Literally within seconds, the Max World pilot skill & a good degree of luck lockign onto him when he appears is essential.

Just got the game yesterday, so I'm still crap at actually playing. As far as the screen grabs go, though, you can take screen shots when you use the replay function. Every time you finish a mission, you have the option to record it as a "Replay". Then when you watch the replay, you have various options such as changing camera angles, zooming in and out, and watching the different fighters' actions. One of the buttons (I think it's the circle) lets you take screenshots which you can later save on the memory stick, but you can only take 4 per replay.

"Here's one I made earlier":

(It's of me killing Basara)

EDIT -- Be warned: If you put the PSP into sleep mode while playing a mission, you cannot save the replay afterwards.

post-1318-1230455308_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Renato

Just got the game yesterday, so I'm still crap at actually playing. As far as the screen grabs go, though, you can take screen shots when you use the replay function. Every time you finish a mission, you have the option to record it as a "Replay". Then when you watch the replay, you have various options such as changing camera angles, zooming in and out, and watching the different fighters' actions. One of the buttons (I think it's the circle) lets you take screenshots which you can later save on the memory stick, but you can only take 4 per replay.

"Here's one I made earlier":

(It's of me killing Basara)

EDIT -- Be warned: If you put the PSP into sleep mode while playing a mission, you cannot save the replay afterwards.

well thanks for that I wasnt sure if that option would let you view them out side of the psp but as you are showing it here I guess its a jpeg or something. Better look on my memory stick as I did some weeks ago when I first got the game.

Not thus far. But that glitch, IIRC was not limited to the PSP3000, but all models. Am I wrong?

I have no idea. That was the first time I've heard of it. I don't recall reading about it in this thread....

I have no idea. That was the first time I've heard of it. I don't recall reading about it in this thread....

I think it happens when you Misa as your operator. The game will freez and the PSP will reset. Not 100% sure though. :(

muhahaha this game is awesome!!! Played it for the first time yesterday flying back home from holidays! :) tried freeplay with Hikky 1J, damn good fun!

I love how i can maneouver my valk in style, ahh gotta get serious after a few more goes! :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just conversing with one of the con board members, he has raised a very important issue that needs to be addressed -

Cronic Farters - each fart equals to ONE '1' Carton of beer/premixed (will be put to a vote of the majority).

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. FARTS will NOT be TOLERATED. If the gas is building up, step out side beforehand and let loose.

Also anyone wishing to be talkative durng the durations of important intervals (like sad moments - i.e. Global addressing Misa, Hikaru and Claudia)

will be smashed into the middle of next week. :p:) no seriously! There are a couple of bruises coming to the con (myself included) and chitter chatters

will be spanked. lol. Ever wanted to bash the crap out of a cronic conversationalist? Feel the twitch from previous cinema experiences? Here's your chance! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

:lol: SERIOUSLY! Cronic Farters and Cronic Conversatinists will not be tolerated period. Of coure "HELL YEAHS! & F'n AITH!" when the action heats up is totally accepted. :D

Do I speak for everyone when I say WTF?

Ahh sh^t, sorry wrong thread. Apologies to everyone! I'm now official embarrised. I will use the posts as screen shot posts,

showing off the PSP 3000 ability, really, it's sh^t hot!! :D I couldn't be happier with the resolution, the scan lines aren't that bad. Adds flavour!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

You have to have custom firmware and then add CWcheat which is basically cheating software like old Action Replay/Game Genie/Game Shark/etc. This adds the option of enabled various features like screen shots and then mapping these to key(s). I have mine mapped to a combination of left trigger and select atm. You have to be careful though because this CAN potentially cause a lock up of the hardware on occasion when screen shotting a lot consecutively. This let's you take screen shots from anything on the screen though. The next thing is pulling video I guess which there is a way with a program and connecting to a computer with USB but I'm going to try seeing if you can just pull the replays somehow.

th_snap002.jpg

th_snap003.jpg

th_snap004.jpg

th_snap001.jpg

th_snap005.jpg

th_snap006.jpg

You have to have custom firmware and then add CWcheat which is basically cheating software like old Action Replay/Game Genie/Game Shark/etc.

So where on the memory stick does it save the pictures after ?

Also where is the best place to get CW cheat from I did a search a few days ago and found various sites claiming to have it.

Aw, I thought it would be something that required CFW. I ended up getting a PSP slim with a G barcode, which means it has the newer, as-yet unhackable motherboard so I'm screwed for the time being. I was really looking forward to playing SNES games on it, too.

Anyway, right now I'm on the SDF Mac mission called "First Contact: The Power of Kiss" or something like that. It's one of those two-part ones, where you have to blow up a couple of Zent battleships, then go inside and kill some Zent soldiers. The thing is, Britai keeps killing me. As soon as he grabs hold, he will keep pumelling until I'm crushed, no matter how much energy he or I have left. I even tried the "Minmay Attack" pilot skill, that special move which transmits the DYRL song so that the Zents stop fighting, but still nothing. I blame those narrow corridors, 'cos I can beat him in the missions where you're out in the open.

So where on the memory stick does it save the pictures after ?

Also where is the best place to get CW cheat from I did a search a few days ago and found various sites claiming to have it.

It makes a new folder under pictures for captures and places them all there.

http://cwcheat.consoleworld.org/ is where I went before to get it.

I've completed most of the game by now (as in, technically finished all four campaigns), I just need to finish those pesky little Zentradi missions, and then I have to concentrate on unlocking all the Extra and EX missions.

One thing that is really bugging me is that in order to unlock Misa, I heard you have to have three operators, and have their hearts maxed? Well, when do you get any new operators assigned? Because from what I can tell, you choose your operator at the very start of the game and then you're stuck with her. At what point do you unlock the others, or is there a SELECT option that I'm missing?

I'm still totally unclear on the whole heart/love/confidence level thing. And I mean in the game, not in life, thank you. :lol:

I've completed most of the game by now (as in, technically finished all four campaigns), I just need to finish those pesky little Zentradi missions, and then I have to concentrate on unlocking all the Extra and EX missions.

One thing that is really bugging me is that in order to unlock Misa, I heard you have to have three operators, and have their hearts maxed? Well, when do you get any new operators assigned? Because from what I can tell, you choose your operator at the very start of the game and then you're stuck with her. At what point do you unlock the others, or is there a SELECT option that I'm missing?

I'm still totally unclear on the whole heart/love/confidence level thing. And I mean in the game, not in life, thank you. :lol:

you can pick the operator in the same way as you pick pilots its the next option down. I changed them as they get on your nerves after a while with the whiny voices and all the motivational stuff etc.

you can pick the operator in the same way as you pick pilots its the next option down. I changed them as they get on your nerves after a while with the whiny voices and all the motivational stuff etc.

What? Where?? The next option down is the color edit. Are we talking about the same menu? In the PLAYER menu of the hangar, you can choose and tune your valk, choose pilots and assign skills to them, then change the colour of your valk. And the triangle button opens up a viewer to allow you to look at your valk. Exactly the same for your PARTNER menu. That's all you can do, as far as I can tell. There is no menu that I can see to change your operator.

What? Where?? The next option down is the color edit. Are we talking about the same menu? In the PLAYER menu of the hangar, you can choose and tune your valk, choose pilots and assign skills to them, then change the colour of your valk. And the triangle button opens up a viewer to allow you to look at your valk. Exactly the same for your PARTNER menu. That's all you can do, as far as I can tell. There is no menu that I can see to change your operator.

post-3178-1232801274_thumb.jpg

There you go this is me changing my operator in the Macross menu.

Aw, as I thought, I've still got to unlock this, then. Till then I'm stuck with the squeaky one. Thanks anyway.

Oh I didnt remember unlocking it.. Maybe I just missed that. Probalby did it after I did all the missions.