Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

S rank all normal/enemy missions, for all era's, and the stat limited will be removed.

Damn, that's going to be hard. I still can't figure out how to move all three crates from the crater to the green area in that early M7 mission. One crate I can do if I'm fast and lucky, but there is no way to get the other crates before the swarms of Fz-109s arrive and mess up your targetting, making it impossible to pick up the other two crates.

Graham

I've taken some pics, but can't find how to access them... so how do you save and/or access the pic's you've taken?

ok once u save the mission replay file.

Go to options, gallery , reply.

Reply the mission (choose the file to replay)

take your pics (limit would b 4)

end the replay then another screen appears where u can replay again,exit replay menu, select replay pictures (thats what one you click on, i think it was the 2nd to last option)

A screen will appear with your 4 taken shoots, click for a closeup then click on it again and it will ask u to save.

The all go to your screenshots folder on the psp^

and that breetai pic is just a close up with macross in the background

Damn, that's going to be hard. I still can't figure out how to move all three crates from the crater to the green area in that early M7 mission. One crate I can do if I'm fast and lucky, but there is no way to get the other crates before the swarms of Fz-109s arrive and mess up your targetting, making it impossible to pick up the other two crates.

Graham

Hold the R trigger and press up or down on the d-pad (or analog, depending on what your controls are). up/down targets crates, left/right targets enemies. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I hate crate levels, but it was alot easier to target them in the Gundam Battle games with the analog being dedicated to targeting since they don't transform :lol:

Edited by Mellow Yellow

Hold the R trigger and press up or down on the d-pad (or analog, depending on what your controls are). up/down targets crates, left/right targets enemies. I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I hate crate levels, but it was alot easier to target them in the Gundam Battle games with the analog being dedicated to targeting since they don't transform :lol:

Ah thanks for the tip. I had no idea that the d-pad worked in conjuction with the R-trigger for targetting. I was purely using the R-trigger only.

Graham

My request for a MAF sequel. Get rid of all the cheezy non-Macross BGM and replace it all with genuine Macross music.

There is enough genuine Macross instumental BGM and songs from all the various Macross animes that could be used, without having to resort to made up cheezy game music.

While MAF does have some Macross songs, I'd rather listen to all Macross music all the time while playing.

Graham

ok once u save the mission replay file.

Go to options, gallery , reply.

Reply the mission (choose the file to replay)

take your pics (limit would b 4)

end the replay then another screen appears where u can replay again,exit replay menu, select replay pictures (thats what one you click on, i think it was the 2nd to last option)

A screen will appear with your 4 taken shoots, click for a closeup then click on it again and it will ask u to save.

The all go to your screenshots folder on the psp^

Thanks man. Also, leveling up the spartan, defender and (to a lesser extent) phalanx is an absolute cakewalk on SDF level 12 (big escape). Just fill up the SP gauge once and you can pretty much infinite chain their mech specials, gold SS rank every time. If only fully upgrading my fave destroid, the tomahawk, were so easy... its special is pretty much bosses-only...

Yup, definately glad I got a 2000 last year, sucks that there are problems with the 3000 screens. Back to the game though, the more I play it, the more I'm convinced it's the best Macross game ever, and I think I already said this, but even in this early of a build, I think it also tops the Gundam Battle games. I heard a lot of complaints about using the gunpod to shoot anything the first week or so this was out, but now that I've gotten well into the game, i don't even use missiles that often, meelee attacks are even better. I actually hope they take some of the engine changes made to this game back into the next Gundam game.

There's a new password for the next EX mission out.

-IGYSU

And for those who missed the first one.

-LAMGV

This new one is pretty easy, just Glabil, Gepelnitch, Vajra Queen, Bodolza, & a Zentradi Soldier. All taken out quite easily. Nothing unlocked from it either, but now my mission percentage is 97%

Edited by Keith

When in single player hanger, go to the very last tab, highlight the save/load options in that tab, and the bottom option will let you enter passwords.

Quite awkwardly placed yes, and likely a last minute addition.

Edited by Keith

Well now I have got the latest version of the DarkAlex firmware it works just fine on my PSP, I didnt want to upgrade to the official firmware as I use uber memorysticks with all my games on rather than the UMD's as traveling for work with laptop camera psp games etc is a pain in the A$$ when going through customs far easier to just have the psp and its usb charging lead and couple of memory sticks. Not to mention gets my lugage weight down.

Sometimes I find the camera angle anoying as you cant get the right angle. But I love it none the less.

One thing I'd like for a sequel is some kind on small on screen indicator when you're getting close to the walls. I know there is a map, but honestly, in the heat of battle I don't pay it much attention and running into walls and getting stuck have caused me to die on some of the harder missions.

I love those EX misions, the destroy all canonfodders was fun and then going against some gravils. I got an SS rank on that.

and would of on armageddon but I zigged instead of zagging and gepelnichs blast got me good.

one more hit and I would of been creamed.

But that last mission, going aganst all the pilots in all their variants....I wanted to kill the last one I was gainst......and it was basara!

Yep, its compatible on all versions of PSPs, you won't have problems there.

Unless, you wanted homebrew as well, you'd be better off with the PSP-2000. PSP also has some screen issues raised by its buyers. YMMV.

Yeah, but those people are crazy. The new 3000 looks amazing compared to the 1000 and 2000 models. The interlacing issue is only something you notice on older PSone games that are being emulated, as it retains the interlacing rather than interpolating the fields (which is arguably more faithful). Macross Ace Frontier looks fantastic as it's being rendered progressively.

Yeah, but those people are crazy. The new 3000 looks amazing compared to the 1000 and 2000 models. The interlacing issue is only something you notice on older PSone games that are being emulated, as it retains the interlacing rather than interpolating the fields (which is arguably more faithful). Macross Ace Frontier looks fantastic as it's being rendered progressively.

I'm guessing then that the only way people did that was by sticking psp 3000 screens in a 2000 or 1000 b/c I thought the 3000 was still unhackable...

For those who've managed to get an S/SS on the EX verison of Sad Sniper....how the hell did you do that? Right now I'm stalled at an A, and I'll be damned if I can either get Alto through alive, or kill Brera before he gets me in the same playthrough. Was keeping Alto alive a requirement?

received my copy MAF in the mail a couple of days back, first time i set eyes on a PSP umd, pretty cool, now, just to wait for the psp 3k to come down in price.

Keith i'd also like to see some screenies posted up! :) I sure plan to.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

For those who've managed to get an S/SS on the EX verison of Sad Sniper....how the hell did you do that? Right now I'm stalled at an A, and I'll be damned if I can either get Alto through alive, or kill Brera before he gets me in the same playthrough. Was keeping Alto alive a requirement?

I would think yes. Alto never dies though...they always target you.

He always dies on mine in that mission, either by Brera or my sniper rifle. Goddamn Alto.

He always dies in mine too, I though he finally stopped getting in my crossfire a while ago. Usually either the 2 super large vajra get him, or brera does. Stupid Alto.

I am curious to know what are people's opinion on this PSP game vs the PS2 game. Does the PSP game seem a whole lot better than the PS2 game?

I heard the PS2 Macross game is just about the best out there. I was entertaining the idea of getting a PS2 just to get the Macross game and the Gunbuster game. I'm not into gaming that much that I would get the latest system. I will however wait until a system is a pretty sweet deal. At which point it seems worth it to me to get something like the PS2 just for 1 or 2 games.

So, I wonder which game is better. Does the PSP game blow away the PS2 one, or is it similar but with additional vehicles and updates?

Your input would be most appreciated.

here's my opinion on the PS2 game, GREAT graphics, and it follows events of the series both TV and DYRL, maybe a tad loosely, but they fit.

PSP game, LOTS of targets to shoot at, you always got something to do, and better custom options than in the PS2 version.

PS2 game wher eit fails, missions end up being too short, and bland. You can easily beat the entire game in TV and DYRL settings in 2 hours.

PSP game where it fails, missions don't follow the storyplots of the any of the shows, lack of proper music, hardly any of the original SFX files exist (and don't say there are lots, cause there aren't) and boss battles are a joke.

And while I'm okay with the tuning system, I don't like the fact you have to start over with each new mecha at your disposal that you want to use. If I got 3K from using my VF-11 and I got a VF-22 I want to use, deduct the tuning points but don't start me back at 500 points...ugh -_-

I wouldn't say the missions don't follow the story at all, there's actually a lot going on in most missions that occurs in the shows. For overall fun though, I'd say Ace Frontier beats the PS2 game, though I love the PS2 game as well. This may be a biased opinion since I already love the Gundam Battle series though.

As for tune points, don't expect a change anytime soon there, there's a good reason why it's the way it is, besides, it gives me something to do while trying to get full hearts on all the pilots.

I haven't saved many replays but here's one of Gepelnitch taking it in the face from the Macross.

post-278-1224914633_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Keith

He always dies on mine in that mission, either by Brera or my sniper rifle. Goddamn Alto.

He always dies in mine too, I though he finally stopped getting in my crossfire a while ago. Usually either the 2 super large vajra get him, or brera does. Stupid Alto.

That's your fault for shooting at friendlies. :lol:

I unlocked the limiters. Pilot has one more stat to reach 99. Still have not played multiplayer

My copy of the game came through and only been able to play a bit of it last night.

I played a bit more today and loving it. Its pretty hard to 'S' Rank the missions, Though I kept getting eaten by Hikaru haha. I'm cake for him... I still need to get used to the controls, I think I rather have the analog stick as movement rather than transformation. I need to look at the booklet to see how to use SP properly.

I'd thought I'd be playing Frontier first but I had the urge to play from the first in chronicle order X3

:3

New game besides MHF2 XD

I'm trying to order the game from Amazon.co.jp but I keep getting the following message:

*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. ( See geographical restrictions.) ***

I don't get it; why can't I purchase this game? I've purchased CDs (Macross Frontier OSTs) and Blu-ray discs (Macross Frontier) from them before, so what makes this game any different? Is there someone here that can translate Kanji well? I'm taking a Japanese class...but I'm struggling with the Katakana and Hiragana as it is...Kanji is way over my head. Why can't they use rooma-ji? ='(