Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

What we really need is PS2/PS3/Wii/DS Lite ports of this game, specially a PS2 or DS port (I'm more willing to buying a DS than a PSP, but the graphics engine could be a problem perhaps). This game got me thinking, how come no one has ever released a game featuring valks from the whole franchise instead of just a single series ?

Hopefully this game is not PSP exclusive, it would really suck to be forced (by my lust for valk pron) to buy a PSP just for this game ( I did the same for the Dreamcast and you can guess how well that went).

BTW, we can finally play with some M0 valks, I wonder how the SV-51 would perform against the YF-21 or how would Shin Kudo fair against Isamu or Roy Against Osma...drooooolss

Edited by Aegis!

I too think DS would be a good port, as I have that and not a PSP... which I don't want to have to buy but this game looks so good! Wii can also work for me, you can guess I am a Nintendo user so I tend to vote for those (No way in hell am I buying a PS3, way too expensive for me... PSP could be done I suppose but I don't want to do it).

Sounds very cool. I'll wait to see if any other platforms are announced before I run out and get a PSP.

Wouldn't hold your breath. I've been hoping for a console port (PS2 or PS3) of the Gundam Battle games, and we're going on the fourth PSP version there.

Same here I was going to post as well. I am looking forward to this and cleartly Macross F has spured on an additional fan bases. Come on PS3 version come out! Will definately pick up a PSP for this game.

PS3 version should be a 60 player online dogfight!

Someone in that situation could make a special Macross World multiplayer game for all members with the game to join and see which of us is the supreme. I of course don't have PS3, but I think that would still be sweet if it happened (come to think of it I do have a friend with a PS3).

Darn, first Gundam Battle Universe, now Macross Ace Frontier, I really really need an additional job right now :angry:.

As with the other Gundam Battle series, I hope the new Macross Ace series will have its own merit, like unlockables music, VF, FAST-Pack and vehicle (Macross Quarter veryone?).

Hmm, I wonder if some of the mythical VF will make it to the game, like the Stampede and Orguss Valkyrie :huh:

I'm still not really sure why everyone loves the PS2 game so much. It didn't take long at all to complete, and as soon as I was done, it went back on the shelf to gather dust. I took it out again a few months back because I wanted to play with a friend, I could've sworn there was a VS. option, but it didn't even have that.

On the whole, I found it quite fun while it lasted, but once you've done it, it's boring, and it sucks that they took out the SV-51 and the VF-0 at the last minute. Fools.

VF-X2 on the other hand, I loved, and I would replay it time and again, so many valks, and the Konig...!

I guess the option of controlling lots of different fighters is one of the most important things for me. That's why I think this game is gonna kick ass.... Not a fan of looking at tiny screens, though. And it must have the Konig! I demand it!

But are they multiplying? And are you losing control?

Graham

This new power they're supplyin'? It's pretty electrifyin', man.

I'm still not really sure why everyone loves the PS2 game so much. It didn't take long at all to complete, and as soon as I was done, it went back on the shelf to gather dust. I took it out again a few months back because I wanted to play with a friend, I could've sworn there was a VS. option, but it didn't even have that.

On the whole, I found it quite fun while it lasted, but once you've done it, it's boring, and it sucks that they took out the SV-51 and the VF-0 at the last minute. Fools.

VF-X2 on the other hand, I loved, and I would replay it time and again, so many valks, and the Konig...!

I guess the option of controlling lots of different fighters is one of the most important things for me. That's why I think this game is gonna kick ass.... Not a fan of looking at tiny screens, though. And it must have the Konig! I demand it!

This new power they're supplyin'? It's pretty electrifyin', man.

At least for me, the PS2 game just controlled better (especially when compared to Homo.. Robotech Battlecry). While the VF-X games were fun and all, SDFM for the PS2 was a joy to fly.

Yeah, the ACE games were pretty good, but I was thinking of the purely Macross games (VF-X, M3, the Sega one). But I still like the Gundam Battle games better than the ACE games, so either way, I'm psyched. Between this and Megaman 9, I'm pretty psyched to be a gamer.

The Gundam Battle games are very simple though, whereas ACE3 handled the complexity of multiple unit types far more coherently (especially transformation). A Macross game using the Gundam Battle engine will need a fair amount of technical restructuring not to mention a large of "finger in the air" design work to get it right (the latter is the more worrying aspect obviously but Artdink's experience assuages that somewhat). I still think the SEGA AM2 game is excellent though, even if it is just Aero Dancing with transformation.

Just been reading up on Artdink. As a result, my confidence level in this game has just gone up quite a bit. Hope they do a good job.

Graham

There's quite a good breakdown here as well:

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2007/11/column...er_happened.php

Someone in that situation could make a special Macross World multiplayer game for all members with the game to join and see which of us is the supreme. I of course don't have PS3, but I think that would still be sweet if it happened (come to think of it I do have a friend with a PS3).

We should make a separate thread just for what we want to see in a next-gen Macross game.

In fact I already have.

1Up has a preview of the game.

For those who don't feel like following the link, I've taken the liberty of posting the 3rd paragraph of the article - which contains most of the relevant info - here.

To recreate the feel of Macross, Artdink has developed a system impressive both in its depth and its faithfulness to the original material. The game boasts over 30 pilots from all the main anime series at the controls of over 40 different VF craft, and a total of at least 80 battle missions (including some co-op and four-player competitive sorties) are in the works for the game's expansive story mode. You can transform your craft from fighter jet to robot with a flick of the PSP's analog nub, and like Gundam Battle, you'll be able to power up both your pilots and the craft they're flying via the points you earn in your missions. This being a Macross game, Ace Frontier will also feature two recurring themes from the show -- music and singing (though in what way Artdink isn't yet revealing), and "love triangles" between pilots. Artdink producer Masanori Yagi is quick to point out that Ace Frontier "isn't a love simulator, so it's nothing very deep. It's a sort of 'triangle' system revolving around building trust with your fellow pilots."

Hmm, I wonder if some of the mythical VF will make it to the game, like the Stampede and Orguss Valkyrie

It's possible. The Gundam Battle games have included some obscure Mobile Suits from various manga and side stories including Blue Destiny, MSV, and Sentinel, and now they're even set to use Hathaway's Flash and Beltorchika's Children. If not Ace Frontier, perhaps a sequel?

I'm with Renato on this. I found the PS2 game pretty quick to complete, with little replay value. After completing it, it's just sat on the shelf gathering dust.

By comparison I constantly replay VF-X2 and MPGE.

Graham

I'm with Renato on this. I found the PS2 game pretty quick to complete, with little replay value. After completing it, it's just sat on the shelf gathering dust.

By comparison I constantly replay VF-X2 and MPGE.

Graham

I agree, the PS2 game was lacking in terms of replay value (probably due to its score/ranking based arcade nature). However, I think what most people remember is how good the thing played.

There seems to be a consensus that it wasn't just a good Macross game, but a decent video game overall.

Edited by d3v

This only helps increase the odds of a PS3 game as well. If you look at the past most major consoles got a Macross game ie the PC, Famicon, PS One, PS2, and Gameboy.

And the Super FamiCom.

And the PCEngine(TurboGrafX 16) SuperCD expansion.

And the Dreamcast.

And the Wonderswan.

And the Saturn.

And the Arcadia. The ARCADIA, for Pete's sake!

Really, it's hard to NOT get a Macross game if your system has any sort of marketshare at all in Japan.

The 'Cube and Sega 8-bits seem to be the only exceptions to the rule.

(Genesis/Megadrive was never a success in Japan, and the NeoGeo Pocket didn't last long enough. And how the ARCADIA got a game and not the SG-1000/Mark III/Master System, I'll never know... unless it's because Bandai made the Arcadia in Japan. That might explain it.)

Well it is said it will have a lot of different mechs, and we've seen pics with VF-1, 0, 19, 21/22, 25 (most important in my book) and who knows what else (hopefully VF-11 and 17 will also make there way in, maybe even 171).

Edited by Master Dex

Well it is said it will have a lot of different mechs, and we've seen pics with VF-1, 0, 19, 21/22, 25 (most important in my book) and who knows what else (hopefully VF-11 and 17 will also make there way in, maybe even 171).

Stampede, please!

I honestly don't know why I like the Stampede Valk so much.

It's like the bastard child of a Gundam and the VF-1.