Macross Blog Summaries

ackem

Aha! then it's mylene, i tall ya! and sheryl being the stuck-up super pop-star doesn't even know she was a member of fire bomber. and she even mistakes song energy for the wind. haha. :p

and why does she sense some similarities between that mysterious singer and ranka? what, aside from the brightly colored hair, and the zentraedi lineage, you need more proof? hehe. :D

That's possible, however she can leave her "wind" at home.... :rolleyes:

To be honest, if any FB characters came back, Mylene would be the least offensive for me to see in Frontier...

Edited by Zinjo

Here's the latest Sheryl blog entry.

2008-06-17

Title: If only this were a song...

I'm not very good at bargaining.

But I'm even worse at taking things as they stand.

That's why I've thought up a somewhat unfair plan that may change the thought process.

Really, if only this were a song, I would be able to let them know straight out,

right...?

Sheryl

July 23, 2059

And I don't want to usurp Lonewolf's place, but I translated this Sheryl-centric line from Ranka's latest entry. This is from an old magazine interview that Sheryl had and the date for Ranka's entry is sometime in February.

"Sheryl Nome does not know the meaning of the words "giving in to flattery".

P.S. Ranka is such a Sheryl fangirl.

Edited by ackem

And I don't want to usurp Lonewolf's place, but I translated this Sheryl-centric line from Ranka's latest entry. This is from an old magazine interview that Sheryl had and the date for Ranka's entry is sometime in February.

"Sheryl Nome does not know the meaning of the words "giving in to flattery".

P.S. Ranka is such a Sheryl fangirl.

It's no problem, ickem. ^_^

To be honest, I've been really lazy about going back to Ranka's blog(mostly because I find her blog uninspiring) but I'll try to change that soon and finish up the ones that haven't been touched.

Anyhow thank you for translating the latest and you're absolutely right.....Ranka really is a Sheryl fan. :lol:

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

And the most logical (Mylene coming back) - given her young age.

They could do a duet concert and then have a picnic! :)

VFTF1

yup! and by this time, gubaba would have already evolved into humanoid form.

oh wait, that's a different anime.... carry on.

well, if that was indeed mylene on the 18th fleet, then they did have a concert together. imagine that. and as sheryl said in her blog, "continue it in your dreams." :)

2008-06-18

Title: ...I was tricked.

My sense of direction is perfect.

When I was on Galaxy, I was as good as any guy.

You know the saying, right?

Women don't look at maps. (Interesting since it's the guys that this is quality is attributed to here in the US. Well that and not asking for directions.)

Anyway, who was it that first said this?!

Isn't it just that the girls around them coincidentally did not look at maps?

That's right, one time a TV producer gave me a ride home in his DA-CHAM after work, that was the worse.

Since his nonstop talking was annoying I was a little spiteful as the navigator so we got completely lost.

The reason for that was because we didn't make the U-turn.

I really wanted to show him.

But it was game over.

I got off right there.

Really, I was better off not remembering that.

So, when I came to Frontier I've gotten lost so many times.

The great Sheryl Nome has!

This is a lifetime first!

"No uncertainty! Doing anything I am able to!"

For me, whose motto is this to have this happen!

Why I couldn't recognize any of the roads no matter what.

This was a shock. Quite.

Then I found out...

...in order not to make tourists on Frontier bored,

it seems that the townscape changes periodically!!!?

No wonder that, even though I travel the same street over and over, houses and shops that I had never seen kept appearing...I was dumbfounded.

Really...

...you tricked me, Frontier!!

Just kidding. It's quite wonderful, Frontier.

A very stimulating [entertainer]. (I think it's entertainer, but not sure since it's "tentaateinaa" in katakana. I assume that someone typed ten instead of en by mistake. Damn katakana...)

I'm quite taken with it.

Sheryl

April 2, 2059

Title: Kiss...like... (Kiss is like spelled backwards in Japanese)

"Like" and "kiss,"

I wonder why they are inversely linked?

I suddenly thought this.

Can it be that something that makes us think, "How boring!!!!" can also make us feel wonderful??

I tried it out.

picture caption: This is the "jerig" that I was fond of last year. (no idea what jerig is, if anyone has any clue, please let me know)

Sheryl

July 15, 2059

2008-06-22

Title: School is.

It's just as interesting as I thought it would be!!

School is really interesting, right!?

I am especially taken with the rooftop.

Well, I have memories of diving, but

I can understand why people have the desire to pick things up when seeing them from overhead.

Seeing students going to and from school, thoughts such as "those two are going out" or "they have worries" come to me quite since I can understand the situation quickly.

Is this what they call people watching?

It has never been an interest of mine, but the label

[Hobby: People watching]

might not be so bad.

Sheryl

May 25, 2059

2008-06-24

Title: Gallia 4

This time I'll be having a concert at a frontier world called Gallia 4.

Going to a place that I've never never experienced is really exciting.

Especially so since Gallia 4 has an atmosphere!!

I'll be singing in such a place.

How will my voice resonate under a sky, I wonder.

What will my ears here, I wonder.

I am really looking forward to it!

Really, being so excitement is causing my body to heat up.

I feel that I can't help but put my body into motion.

This is no good.

I'm going to the sports gym for a bit.

Sheryl

July 22, 2059

I'm guessing that "hehehehe"

is better translated at the "HO HO HO HO HO" that females use in anime.

It's actually Uffufu so I translated as hehehe since there's a tone of mischievousness to it. HO HO HO is a more over the top sarcastic laughter that appear sometimes. :lol:

There are usually several new entries during the week and none on weekends.

alright!! thanks again ackem! :)

interesting entry about the frontier's landscape changing every now and then. is this for real? what an interesting way to keep people from boredom. "now, where did they move my house today, i wonder? hmmm..." :)

and no sheryl, that's not excitement, you have a fever, you stubborn girl!! ^_^

2008-06-27

Title: Me, that girl, and him...

Crash...

The only pair of sunglasses that I've been wearing lately was broken.

It broke right at the part when it rests on my nose so it pricks me.

Really, I was rather fond of it.

I don't wear light sunglasses very often.

I always wear dark sunglasses.

This is a rare color for me.

My eyes are sensitive.

I can't spend too much time in bright light or my eyes will become fatigued.

That's why I wear special contacts when I'm doing a concert.

Of course, Galaxy sells them, but they seem to be rare on Frontier so I'm having a hard time finding them.

But without them it is inconvenient since I can't just wear sunglasses all the time.

Still, sunglasses are a must for when I'm with people I don't want to make eye contact with.

When I meet with people I don't like my dislike shows on my face so I'm asked to bear with it. By my staff.

It's really weird.

After all, there's a reason for disliking the people I dislike.

What's the big deal if they find out that I don't like them.

If a job doesn't go well or if the atmosphere becomes bad simply because of this, I'd decline to do it. It wouldn't have turned out well anyway.

If you're a pro, you would want to place importance on the talent, not the person anyway.

That's right, the pair of sunglasses that I liked before this pair had a dark red frame.

It is the commemorative sunglasses for when I met that girl and him so it is decorating my bathroom now.

Today was boring so I thought I would end it by writing a little and I'm reliving a little bit of the excitement from that day.

Sheryl

April 25, 2059

I'm not sure I quite understood that...she appreciates Ranka's talent, but is beginning to dislike her as a person...?

(not that I'd blame her, of course.)

I didn't get the impression that she's talking about Ranka at all. It's dated in April so it's a couple months before Gallia 4.

I didn't get the impression that she's talking about Ranka at all. It's dated in April so it's a couple months before Gallia 4.

Just curious then, but what is the current date on Macross Frontier (we know it's 2059)?

And I just noticed that the dates of her blog jump around. That's really weird. I wonder if rearranging them in chronological order would make the plot make more sense? Perhaps we could piece together hints for future events.

Just curious then, but what is the current date on Macross Frontier (we know it's 2059)?

And I just noticed that the dates of her blog jump around. That's really weird. I wonder if rearranging them in chronological order would make the plot make more sense? Perhaps we could piece together hints for future events.

As of the last episode it should be the end of July or the beginning of August. Her Gallia 4 entry was dated the 22nd July.

2008-06-29

Title: Anyways, time to kill.

Hair growing on the heart;

"so such a phenomenon really does exist" is what I thought to myself.

For example, you hear stories about fungus growing in the lungs, right?

I figured that hair growing around the area of the heart was the same thing. Short fuzzy hair, that is.

Yesterday one of my classmates told me this and I was shocked.

"It grows there without me knowing??"

was how I felt...

I learned the true meaning of the saying earlier.

Anyways, tomorrow I am going kill them.

Sheryl

May 1?, 2059

Edited by ackem

I figure this is just another of those lack of experience things. I'm sure we've all had moments where we didn't know something that was supposed to be common knowledge. Remember that this is the girl that threw the entire box of detergent into the washing machine after a few moments of contemplation. :lol: Michel probably got his ass kicked pretty good for this little prank.

BTW anyone have any idea what this hair on the heart idiom is all about?

P.S. Anyone else having trouble with the encoding on some of the characters, both kanji and kana, on the blogs? They're showing up as gibberish for me. It's especially bad on Ranka's blog, so much so that I can't read a lot of it. But, yeah it is Ranka talking about how everything seems to love Sheryl and be on her side. Guess she hasn't see episode 12 yet. <_<

Edited by ackem

I figure this is just another of those lack of experience things. I'm sure we've all had moments where we didn't know something that was supposed to be common knowledge. Remember that this is the girl that threw the entire box of detergent into the washing machine after a few moments of contemplation. :lol: Michel probably got his ass kicked pretty good for this little prank.

BTW anyone have any idea what this hair on the heart idiot is all about?

P.S. Anyone else having trouble with the encoding on some of the characters, both kanji and kana, on the blogs? They're showing up as gibberish for me. It's especially bad on Ranka's blog, so much so that I can't read a lot of it. But, yeah it is Ranka talking about how everything seems to love Sheryl and be on her side. Guess she hasn't see episode 12 yet. <_<

yeah it's probably a japanese idiom or saying. and sheryl didn't get what it meant at first, and took it literally. she only found out what it means later on. too bad for us, we haven't. :p

but i'm hazarding a guess that it means something like "someone growing on you" or "feelings creepin in without you knowing it"...

oh, and my bet's on Michael as the one who told her. poor guy's gonna get his ass whupped. ;)

Edited by dreamweaver13

2008-06-29

Title: Anyways, time to kill.

Hair growing on the heart;

"so such a phenomenon really does exist" is what I thought to myself.

For example, you hear stories about fungus growing in the lungs, right?

I figured that hair growing around the area of the heart was the same thing. Short fuzzz hair, that is.

Yesterday one of my classmates told me this and I was shocked.

"It grows there without me knowing??"

was how I felt...

I learned the true meaning of the saying earlier.

Anyways, tomorrow I am going kill them.

Sheryl

May 1?, 2059

Is she on drugs or something?

2008-07-01

Title: Such as jealousy...

It is said that things such as jealousy or a lie or a rivalry make a woman more beautiful.

But, that is only if it is done right.

Otherwise she only finds a dark self-loathing for her ugly self.

It is like a recipe for cookies, you only have to follow the procedure and place enough of the ingredients in so that you don't fail.

Sheryl

July 7, 2059

:lol:

well i certainly thought she became even more beautiful in that shot looking longingly at the sunset ;)

Speaking of which, I almost got confused as to who was replying to who since both you and ackem have the same avatar, just that yours doesn't animate. :lol:

well, i did think of changing my avatar (again) since ackem has the nicer one. but i did make a vow...

just so there is no misunderstanding: when i said sheryl was a class act, i did not mean she would just be acting that it's ok alto flies with ranka. rather i meant class act = A+ character, ie that she's mature and selfless enough not to deny alto his joy of flying despite it coming at the expense of losing out to a rival. sheryl must really have genuine feelings for alto...

and for that, i'm changing my avatar until we get to the next sheryl-on-top episode

anyway, maybe i'll settle for sheryl slapping alto if someone would be so kind as to make an animated gif of that ^_^

2008-07-01

Title: Such as jealousy...

It is said that things such as jealousy or a lie or a rivalry make a woman more beautiful.

But, that is only if it is done right.

Otherwise she only finds a dark self-loathing for her ugly self.

I love that take on jealousy. Looks like she's going to take it with class. Next episode please!!!