Macross Blog Summaries

ackem

This is actually a mixture of summary and translation. This is Sheryl's blog.

2008-04-24

April 7, 2059

Title: Hehehe (It's not actually this, but more of a mature feminine, under the breath laughter)

Sheryl's invented a game in which they gather all the staff members' cell phones and stack them into a tower. Then they start calling each phone and whoever owns the phone that causes the tower to collapse loses. The punishments are kept secret because "it is more scary that way."

2008-04-26

January 18, 2059

Title: A profile?

(I'll just translate this since it's only 2 lines)

Such a thing doesn't exist.

The Sheryl that you feel is all there is.

2008-04-28

December ??, 2058

Title: Boring Interview

She starts off by wondering why such things exist then goes off on a tangent about food. It turns out that she can cook and makes a comment about how the stereotype that pretty girls can't cook are only true about girls from years old anime. "Who the hell do you think I am? I'm Sheryl Nome!" It ends with her wondering what she was first trying to say.

2008-04-30

March ??, 2059

Title: Right now...

She says she's staying on Frontier and how it's a really beautiful place. It was unfortunate that her concert was interupted, but she tells people not to be sad since she'll sing towards the sky so that everyone can hear it no matter where they are. For those that don't believe this, she swears on Sheryl Nome's name that it will happen so they should be good boys and girls and just wait.

2008-05-01

October ??, 2058

Title: Lately

This one seems to be directed towards a certain person and goes on to say that there's no need for feedback comments since Sheryl is herself and the other person is the other person. She suggests that the person should let her know about what he is feeling if they should ever meet. She's also not very hotheaded when discussing her opinion (according to her).

(I didn't really get this one. I guess someone left her a less than flattering message about something.)

2008-05-03

?? 18, 2059

Title: Somehow...

(Again, this is so short that I'll just translate it.)

My body's been feeling heavy since yesterday.

Is it a space cold? Did I eat and drink too much? Is it stress?

I don't know what the cause is, but....this is it for today.

Sorry. I'll be more energetic tomorrow.

2008-05-04

This was just a repeat of the 2008-04-26 entry.

2008-05-04

Title: This time...

She talks about how she's been chosen as a judge for Frontier's Miss Macross pageant and how it'll be interesting. She tells the people who have foolish worries about failure to come. The girls participating in the pageant will serve as guideposts for them. Also since it's an invitation from Sheryl herself, they can't really refuse, can they?

2008-05-07

Decenmber 7, 2058

Title: You know what?

She starts of by saying something really shitty happened and brings up an old saying about how a girl's heart, and face become ugly when she is complaining. Of course her beauty is such that a little complaining will not harm it It seems one of her staff members lost a pair of her favorite shoes so she says she fired them and forced them to walk home naked. Of course she's kidding since that would be excessive even for her, but it's troublesome since she has to punish them somehow. She compares it to how a dog would bewildered if its owner doesn't punish it when it does something wrong. She only buys shoes from the finest cobbler on Galaxy since she has very delicate feet. If the shoes don't fit perfectly it is easy for her feet to get injured. She doesn't want that to happen when she's on stage since she wants to only concentrate on singing.

2008-05-08

November ??, 2058

Title: Of course

She starts off by asking if people have gotten her latest single yet since it'll allow them to listen to her songs whenever they want. She then tells the story of how the single was recorded. It was recorded at Q-Dream-St, which is located on the highest place on Galaxy. The ceiling is transparent so you can "sing while feeling the power of the sky". There are also pictures being taken of the "Three Shone" (no idea what this is) in the studio by Ryu, a photographer. These wonderful pictures help to stimulate her voice's imagination. She specifically asked for Ryu and gave him a copy of the single, but he already had five of them. It seems that even someone as untalkative as him was impressed with her singing. She ends by asking if there is anyone still reading the blog and says that if they had so much free time they should listen to her song already!

2008-05-10

April ??, 2049

Title: This long tour is...

This long tour is finally nearing its end.

Prepare yourself, Frontier.

I'll love you to death.

2008-05-12

April 20, 2059

Title: How was it?

She talks about the Miss Macross pageant and how fun it was. She then comments how she was very careful about not compromising on "quality." She lso asks if anyone has ever chosen "love" because they were fooled into thinking it was real simply due to the fact that it was fun or because the timing was right. Of course she never has and uses the analogy of bad wine being always left in the wine cellar. "If you have a problem, use your hands and crawl up here!! Don't wait to be chosen, choose for yourself."

2008-05-14

November ??, 2058

Title: I have...

No interest in school.

But...Thank you everyone.

2008-05-16

May 21, 2059

Title: Time off

That was a close call!!!!

Time off on Frontier!

I met Zentradi...was inspired by Folmo shopping mall and the space size scale.

Now that I think about it, I haven't gotten any time off throughout my tour.

I've just been going back and forth between the concert halls and the hotels.

Really, I'm been such an idiot.

I never knew that the thing called time off was this stimulating.

It was really fun, kisses-thank you.

2008-05-16

May 3, 2059

Title: Enough already.

In this world, there are many living things, and there are just as many ways of thoughts and opinions, but slanderous rumors that make your ears bleed upon hearing them should just disappear into space.

Buuuuuut, that's no good, even in space it would be troublesome if such a thing were to be disseminated

I'll say it however many times I need to. Excise it from your idiot brain.

I'll definitely return to Galaxy.

2008-05-19

February 2, 2059

Title: [How can I get better at singing?]

She talks about how she gets asked this quite often. She says that everyone is reborn when they sing since people aren't born with the ability to express themselves in any way other than crying. People should just sing without thinking about trifling things.

2008-05-20

April 1, 2059

Title: Signature

A ten year old boy asked her for an autograph and she gave it to him even though she almost never gives them out. She only does a limited number of autographs using a type of prism ink that's created specifically for this purpose on Galaxy. She also asks if autographs are really that desirable. She gave it to him because he was looking at her so earnestly. "Frivilous men are burdens, but sincere men are treasures." The kid wanted her autograph so bad because his newborn sister is named Sheryl. She's never talked about people's names very much so didn't know, but it seems there are quite a few Sheryl's out there. "Chibi-Sheryl." She feels that these parents place a really cruel fate upon their daughters since there's a "huge barrier? sempai? in front of them." "Today's autograph was special. It is like a protection charm for Chibi-Sheryl. This type of service doesn't come often. Next time I am asked, I won't do it."

2008-05-23

??? 9, 2059

Title: Concert

I'm shivering throughout my body!

It feels as if all of my pores are open!

Concerts are like the poison of the Labyrinth!!

No matter how many I perform I always feel so good.

They are all like this.

No matter what type of magic you use you cannot replicate the same concert.

To everyone in the galaxy,

I'll place the words "I love you" in a melody and throw it to you!!

For those who have yet to attend one of my performances, you're only living 4/5 of a life, how unfortunate.

2008-05-24

December 24, 2058

Title: Do you know what I'm talking about?

Pale Cream.

Amontiriard.

Pedro Hinemez. (Please don't ask me about these, deciphering words from katakana has never been my strong point...)

Simply by decorating a room with gold (again this is from katakana, not kanji, so I'm not too sure about it being "gold") that seems to draw you in can blow all your unwanted feelings away.

Galaxy did not have any pure natural things, but do they exist somewhere in the galaxy?

That's right, the one I received as a present long ago was a cheap imitation.

Hehehe. (It's not actually this, but more of a mature feminine, under the breath laughter)

Do you know what I am talking about?

"Girls definitely want one Venetian Doll" is my favorite saying.

It is such a wonderful analogy, don't you think? Partners just have have this type of relationship.

(Ok she's got me, I have absolutely now idea what she's talking about...)

2008-05-26

May 9, 2059

Title: Ex-Gear

...I sort of used one.

All the muscles in my body are sore...especially the inner parts of both of my thighs.

For me, this is so shameful. On Galaxy I used to spend an hour and a half of everyday at a private sports gym doing a full course of weight lifting, aerobic exercises, and even muscle training, but when I came to Frontier I centered my routine around stretching and [steam yoga].

So I am basically reaping what I sowed. But even with that, the workout that I had today was not ordinary. It seems I unknowing used muscles that I don't use very often. Well, I did safely recover the thing that I was trying to recover.

And I did get to see Frontier's beautiful sunset from the perfect vantage point and I also did get to prepare for my future schedule so I have no regrets.

Now I will get into my "Blackbus" and get a thorough massage and then go to sleep.

Good night, the continuation of this will be in dreams.

2008-05-28

April 11, 2059

Title: An incredibly skilled...

She's found an incredibly skilled beautician. She can't just wait until she gets back to Galaxy before having skilled workers so she's looking to hire a new one. She was lucky enough to meet a genius beautician who goes by the name of "Miya" (I think this is the name). The beautician has wonderfully smooth scissor work and is somewhat peculiar, but there is nothing wrong with their sense. She's heard that for people in a certain country, "Miya" is the name of the craftsman that makes the tools and the places that God uses. With this she's ready for any number of interviews or photo shoots.

Edited by ackem

This is actually a mixture of summary and translation. This is Sheryl's blog.

ackem, are you the same ickem on Animesuki?

Perhaps I should post my Ranka blog translations as well...but only if anyone is interested LOL. They're not too exciting though. For now they are on Animesuki's Macross = Romance thread.

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

Perhaps I should post my Ranka blog translations as well...but only if anyone is interested LOL. They're not too exciting though. For now they are on Animesuki's Macross = Romance thread.

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

Post away, amigo!

Okay, I'll go ahead and paste them over here. As I had mentioned on AS, my translations aren't that great but you'll get the gist of them...besides...ranka isn't really too deep in her posts LOL!

Here's some of her blog entries:

=============================

5/20 (rank's first blog entry)

2058年12月1日

This post is basically Ranka mentioning that this is her first blog post and she continues on by saying hi to everyone in the galaxy (she sounds very excited).

She introduces herself, "I am Ranka Lee and I'm 15 years old. I'm from the 25th Macross Fleet ship, Frontier"

She continues with her stats saying that she likes cooking and music. She's still trying to learn how to cook one particular dish. Apparently she also likes Tuna (LOL)

(NOTE: Her talking about food was rather boring but I guess it's one of her hobbies LOL)

She talks about Sheryl and her new song.

She concludes by mentioning she'll continue her story (life situations?) here from now on and she gives her regards.

5/21 (This post was weird but a bit funny)

2059年1月23日

This one perhaps can be counted as her 'deep side' I guess...well actually she shares her feelings of having met someone.

Then she talks about a floating creature and questions if it is a bug hahaha!

5/23 (LOL LOL)

2059年4月22日

Ranka interjects with "HOW????!!!!!"

The compounds were a bit weird for me in this one so I'm interpreting that her skirt fell down and she's really embarrassed.

She said something about it falling down like a shooting star XD

(NOTE: I may have to reread this one over again but I keep laughing when I do XD.)

5/24

2059年4月3日

Ranka is in shock. She asking if anyone had seen Sheryl's blog the other day. On the blog is Sheryl's signature with Ranka's name on it and she's feeling pretty excited and touched over it....however she's also speculating the authenticity of it.

==================================

==========================================

5/28

2059年2月15日

Title: "Something"

Ranka was thinking to herself that she wanted to try something so that's why she began this blog because she wanted to express herself even more.

She also mentions that she would like to sing so a lot of people could hear her song. She also mentions that she would like to try out for Miss Macross but she is not confident that she will make it. So she's not sure what will occur.

5/30

205912月7日

Ranka is saying that it's fun to exchange email but her brother thinks it's a waste of time. However there are many things she'd like to talk about. Even at work with Nanase.

Ranka then ponders that this is probably just a "girls' thing" to do.

5/30 (her second blog entry on the same day LOL)

2058年12月7日

(NOTE: This one was a bit confusing but...)

Ranka is thinking of a handle (username) to use (777) because she wants to chat with people.

==============================================

The further I read through Ranka's blog I get the feeling that she REALLY wants to be like Sheryl LOL! And she speaks of Sheryl often.

Anyhow...I'll probably post some more later when I have time to go through her other posts.

A few more summaries of Ranka's blog. My mind wasn't working clearly for a few of these...sorry ^_^;;

===============================================

5/31

2059年1月29日

So in this entry, Ranka mentions that she is back in school and she's doing okay. But she got lost on her way there and she's worried.

She drew a map of the way to school and her friend laughed at her.

LOL!

6/1

2058年12月4日

Ranka says it's raining this morning. As a result, her hair became unmanageable and if it got worse, she mentions that she wants to tie it.

She mentions (in katakana) Pikopiko which confused me LOL.

6/4 (this entry was worth reading and it shows Ranka's understandable fear of being attacked)

2059年3月5日

Ranka is saying that there were a lot of people who saw the news about an unidentified enemy that attacked Frontier and that was the day she was in town.

She was afraid but relieved afterwards because she didn't die. As she is writing this blog entry, she's still quite shaken up over the event. Lots of damage around the town and people are injured.

Each day was peaceful, she thought. But now she's not certain it will remain this way.

6/5

2059年4月1ξ日

This is more of a report from Ranka.

She reports that a new song has been decided and being worked on. She doesn't know how she will do but she's excited and nervous. (she even does the sound effect WAAI!!)

Apparently it was being announced at the Zentaramoru Forum. She wants everyone to hear it if it's good. She still doesn't know what kind of song it is. Regardless she'll sing it from the heart.

More news...

Ranka states that she might be doing some TV work later. She concludes that since she started this job, everyday has been fun. As soon as she finds out more details, she come back and report it.

6/6 (This one is Christmas/Aquarium themed and weird)

2058年12月19日

Ranka mentions that a large tank came in the store and during Christmas, the store manager will be in. The decorations for the aquarium were red and green (Christmas design)

Apparently it's for the fish called AROWANA

(Link in case no one is aware of what type of fish this is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteoglossidae)

==========================================

I'll work on the rest of her blog soon.

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

Yeah I am. I was hoping someone else would start the thread and save me the trouble, but it didn't happen...

Thanks to both of you for bringing these over, definitely some cool insight especially on Sheryl's.

What are the actual URL's? I thought I had them around but couldn't find them...

Here's Sheryl's blog:

http://ameblo.jp/sherylnome/

And Ranka's blog:

http://ameblo.jp/rankalee

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

Yes, thank you for the contribution to the community.

I strongly suspect that the bloggers are the writers for the series.

Who knows the characters better than those writing the words every week...

Yes, thank you for the contribution to the community.

I strongly suspect that the bloggers are the writers for the series.

Who knows the characters better than those writing the words every week...

I certainly HOPE that the writers for the show are writing the blogs!

It would make me sad to learn than the Bandai Office janitor or someone was writing them...

*pauses and waits for someone to say, "You mean Sheryl and Ranka AREN'T REAL???"*

Here is the rest of the blog entries up to the 6-14. I ended up translating most of them, but the encoding of the fonts is still giving problems.

2008-05-30

October 2, 2058

Title: Right now I'm wearing...

She's wearing black and pink since these are colors you can relax in and they can stimulate. She recently went to a showroom on her time off and found the coolest bathtub that had black cat feet for legs. She was really taken with it, but when she got it home it wouldn't fit through the doorway to the bathroom. There's nothing for her to do but to move.

2008-05-31

May 8, 2059

Title: People and connections...

...what does this mean?

How do people form connections?

Take belongings for instance, no matter how many times you lose them they will come back to you.

As for people, no matter how many times they split, they come back as lovers. (I'm not sure of this since some of the kanji and kana are garbled by the encoding)

It feels as if they are drawn back to each other. It is as if they need each other.

Whenever I lose something important, I am only depressed for about a day.

This is part of the "give and take" relationship, and it just means that it's over.

For instance, if I lose a charm, it just means that it becomes someone else's charm.

If it is a person, it just means that they have found a new happiness, or so...

Anyways, just take it! Right?

Recently I was suddenly parted from something very important to me.

I was too busy to fall into a depression over it,

anyways,

I'll take that time today.

2008-06-01

May 15, 2059

Title: A definite recommendation.

For instance, whenever people feel a little unsure, they want to hear a certain person's voice.

I have come to understand that feeling a little.

(I can't make out this line since the encoding is gabling stuff again, but it's about shallow conversation I think) Using decorative words to speak is infuriating, but it is quite nice, though.

I am thinking that I would like to speak like this some more.

Is this an extravagance?

To me this is a very new type of human relationship.

This experience is certified by Sheryl Nome.

A definite recommendation.

2008-06-04

March 3, 2059

Title: Enough to make me shiver,

She talks about a singer from the 18th Macross fleet that went to Galaxy three years earlier. They did a musical program together and Sheryl has no interest in other artists, but she became interested in this woman. She first saw the singer in a magazine and could not forget her face as she stared straight at the camera. That's why she went to a musical that the woman performed in even though she doesn't like musicals. She always wants to shout "Why are you singing over there?" and actually did so once from the audience, thus arousing the anger of her manager. This musical, though, was wonderful, especially the singer's voice. She has never seen anyone who seemed to have a breeze blowing from their bodies before. And if there were more like this singer, it would troublesome for her. She met someone else like this though. This girl was adorable and had very direct eyes. When she met this girl it was as if a wind were blowing across her face. From the look in her eyes, the girl was definitely the perpetrator.

2008-06-05

May 17, 2059

Title: The result will be great.

Is it the end of the month?

You should be able to get the details if you check the TV listings.

I have a documentary program.

The title is "The Galactic Fairy: Taking Up Arms for Her Homeland"!!

This is the tentative title, but there is a 99% chance that this will become the official title.

Actually....no, not tentatively, this is official.

Yes, official.

We'll just ignore that annoying 1%.

Anyways, watch it.

It is much better than some low-brow news program.

2008-06-06

May 12, 2059

Title: School

Everyone was surprised!

Well, it was Sheryl Nome in the flesh after all, it would have been nicer if there was a bit more of a commotion though.

But I can't wrap my mind around it.

I just have such a reason...

an adult reason that is.

It looks like this will be quite interesting.

But I have one worry.

That is the restaurant in school...

My basic lunch is salad and soup,

but not just anything will do.

It must have "baby leaf".

Chemical seasoning in the soup is a definite NO!

Well, that doesn't need to be said.

...can't help it.

I'll just have to find Frontier's best Italian chef tomorrow.

While I am at it, maybe I should set up an open terrace. Hehehe (It's not actually this, but more of a mature feminine, under the breath laughter)

2008-06-07

April 28, 2059

Title: Yellow Ponpon!

Tomorrow is the birthday of someone I know.

Anything is fine for boys, but for girls, there is something that I have to give.

Flowers.

I choose the type of flowers according to my image of her.

Galaxy has absolutely no plant life so they have to be shipped from other fleets.

It takes a lot of work, Frontier is so convenient.

The girl who will age a year tomorrow is small with popcorn-like splashes and possessing of a strong energy.

That's why I chose a "Yellow Ponpon".

2008-06-10

July 2, 2059

Title: I've been sneezing.

Is a cold going around?

Wasn't there one going around last year?

Frontier has an "NE?2" virus that causes very high fever, doesn't it?

Sounds dangerous.

That's right, a long time ago one of the recording staff members came to the studio while dealing with a bad cold. That wasn't funny. What if it had spread??

He was just being himself in not wanting to leave hole in the production, but he was directing his energies in the wrong direction.....

I don't dislike that kind of attitude, but it's about using all your strength to-get-better, then coming to work.

But before that don't get beaten by the cold....

Ahha!! I remember now.

With all the commotion this morning, I forgot to put the cleaning card on the door this morning

That's why the room wasn't cleaned.

No wonder I feel bad...

...so this is why I've been sneezing.

I can't sleep like this so I'm going to get the cleaning staff on the job now.

Later. See you.

2008-06-12

June ??, 2059

Title: Why...

Fingertips, hair, lips...

Why is it that emotions emerge from the edges of things.

Uncertainty, pain, and misery,

they have nowhere to go within the body,

so they gather at the edges?

Troublesome areas, don't you think?

But,

is that why we want them touched?

(Picture of Sheryl's lips)

Want them to be touched?

Do you understand this feeling?

2008-06-14

June 14, 2059

Title: My song is the theme song

It seems like my song will be the theme song for a movie.

The lead role is played by Miss Macross, Miranda-chan.

I was one of the judges for the Miss Macross pageant

so I want Miranda-chan to do well, but...

...for me, this movie holds my interest for some other reason.

An interesting talent is coming out.

It is a girl that I wrote about before in my blog,

she's finally coming forth!

We get a chance to see a gem at the instant it begins to shine.

I've done many types of things for my work, but I've never acted.

After all, Sheryl Nome can only be Sheryl Nome.

I cannot be anyone else.

I have never thought about being anyone else.

Still, the performance called "drama" can move the hearts of people.

Of course "song" has the same power.

This movie is one of the rare productions that has both of these types performances.

Anyways, come and see it!!

Here is the rest of the blog entries up to the 6-14. I ended up translating most of them, but the encoding of the fonts is still giving problems.

What browser are you using?

I've found that the only browser that seems to be ~100% with kana/kanji in Windows (with no localization) seems to be Safari for Windows, oddly. It even renders title bars correctly. Of course, for me anyway, reading it is another matter... so thanks for the translations regardless.

What browser are you using?

I've found that the only browser that seems to be ~100% with kana/kanji in Windows (with no localization) seems to be Safari for Windows, oddly. It even renders title bars correctly. Of course, for me anyway, reading it is another matter... so thanks for the translations regardless.

I'm using firefox and it throws some alphas, omegas, and other examples of the Greek alphabet all over...

I'm so happy you guys are reposting them here -- much easier to read.

I'm rather enjoying Sheryl's posts. There's just enough to hint about her way of thinking on life and relationships that it makes you pause a bit when you look at how she approaches the other characters in the series.

Here's more of Ranka's blog for those who are actually interested.

...and I agree with s-girl. Sheryl's blog really is

enjoyable to read. Ranka on the other hand is random I

guess...some parts are interested...some parts are not.

In conclusion, I must say that Ranka seems a bit

"Hetare"

^_^;;

Well I have some more comments below her blog...

=============================================

6/6 (NOTE: I feel bad for Ranka in this entry ^_^;;)

2058年12月19日

(Ranka says,)

It's difficult to say.

Ranka-san...

The Arowana (refer to the entry about the fish) was

supposed to come out,

The motorcycle that was carrying in route, turned

around and collapsed.

It seemed to flee to the Nemu river.

....The store manager is going to become quite blue

This is the subject of talk in the store (*Å*)

Ahaha....

6/7

2058年〓月Ю日

Iiya-n! Dreadful dream (;;)

Sometimes I see the same scary dream.

it is in a dark hole.

I'm motionlessly waiting for something

Nobody comes when I weep.

How is everyone afraid in my dream? (I may have to reread this part again)

superheroxe0.th.jpg

I want such a person to come and help.

(NOTE: She drew a picture of a superhero---cute!)

6/9

2059年1月ψΣ

Ranka Lee announces!

D-i-e-t st--a--art---ing!! (diet starting)

Ah, it's walk and walk and no action or say something I want to say!!

This time it's different!

The girl's rice is good!

Patience, Patience.

Like 777chan

It's like playing ponyong yukkiri (This one is confusing)

foodbb5.th.jpg

6/9

2059年1月ψΣ

The emergency diet isn't good.

I am the same Ranka now.

I think it's good but...

Ah! In order to get thin, healthily,

consider a diet menu for girls this time!

===========================================

Despite the fact that she mentions her dieting quite often, her entry about her nightmare was sad actually...the more I read her blog, I can't help but wonder if her vulnerability will be her impending doom or something and she'll end up on the dark side or something. Or perhaps I'm reading too much into that particular entry...*shrugs*

I do feel bad for her...

...but I'm still in the Sheryl camp.

Anyhow, I'll post more entries later. I'm actually one page away from the most recent entry.

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

Edited by Ippiki Ookami

Arigatou gozaimasu!!

Thank you so much ackem for translating and posting sheryl's blog!! this is a mighty FINE contribution to our community, props, rep and kudos to you! Thanks also to Ippiki Ookami for ranka's blog, you guys are the MEN!! :)

i just love reading the way sheryl thinks. it's just so... natural. she's got this bitchiness about her, but it's not the annoying kind. it's as if she's simply saying, "this is me, take it or leave it, i don't care. but i'll sing for you anyway."

i'm loving her even more! haha. :)

Arigatou gozaimasu!!

Thank you so much ackem for translating and posting sheryl's blog!! this is a mighty FINE contribution to our community, props, rep and kudos to you! Thanks also to Ippiki Ookami for ranka's blog, you guys are the MEN!! :)

You're welcome, dreamweaver13 but I'm a woman ^_^ ;;

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

The flower that Sheryl gave Ranka for her birthday is a "Pompon". Fits Ranka quite well :) Has anyone translated Ranka's post about the gifts she received? I heard she got something odd from Alto like a fly swatter? I'm too lazy to go through Ranka's posts :p

EDIT: LOLZ, it's the most recent post of Ranka! :p From Lu-kun (Lucca?), she received acacia honey. From Megane-kun (Nanase?) she got a FuwaFuwa Fake Fur Organizer. And R-T-kun (Alto, I suppose) really gave her a fly swatter. Hahahaha, stupid guy.

Edited by mike_s_6

The flower that Sheryl gave Ranka for her birthday is a "Pompon". Fits Ranka quite well :) Has anyone translated Ranka's post about the gifts she received? I heard she got something odd from Alto like a fly swatter? I'm too lazy to go through Ranka's posts :p

EDIT: LOLZ, it's the most recent post of Ranka! :p From Lu-kun (Lucca?), she received acacia honey. From Megane-kun (Nanase?) she got a FuwaFuwa Fake Fur Organizer. And R-T-kun (Alto, I suppose) really gave her a fly swatter. Hahahaha, stupid guy.

Megane-kun is probably Michel. Nanase is 777-chan. It's just like Ozma to confiscate the lipstick from Nanase because it's too showy a color. :lol:

Megane-kun is probably Michel. Nanase is 777-chan. It's just like Ozma to confiscate the lipstick from Nanase because it's too showy a color. :lol:

Oh, now that makes more sense! (He does know how to please the girls :lol: ) I thought that 777 was Ranka because of the translation on page one, but now, I'm reading and it is indeed Nanase, since her name is NANA-se (7-se).

2008-06-04

March 3, 2059

Title: Enough to make me shiver,

She talks about a singer from the 18th Macross fleet that went to Galaxy three years earlier. They did a musical program together and Sheryl has no interest in other artists, but she became interested in this woman. She first saw the singer in a magazine and could not forget her face as she stared straight at the camera. That's why she went to a musical that the woman performed in even though she doesn't like musicals. She always wants to shout "Why are you singing over there?" and actually did so once from the audience, thus arousing the anger of her manager. This musical, though, was wonderful, especially the singer's voice. She has never seen anyone who seemed to have a breeze blowing from their bodies before. And if there were more like this singer, it would troublesome for her. She met someone else like this though. This girl was adorable and had very direct eyes. When she met this girl it was as if a wind were blowing across her face. From the look in her eyes, the girl was definitely the perpetrator.

ackem, did she name the singer from the 18th macross fleet? i'm wondering about the possibility that it's someone we know from the Mac universe. myung? mylene? myung is used to singing with wind all around her in star hill. (although she would be 40 years old by that time) mylene... well, you could say song energy sorta acts like the wind. hehe. :p (and she would be 25). just wondering.

Edited by dreamweaver13

haha. they are indeed a funny group. the ranka-lee fan club, if i recall. i'm wondering about the fly swatter. i'm sure it's an inside joke between them. i can't figure it out just yet. or maybe it hasn't happened yet. oh well. :p

ackem, did she name the singer from the 18th macross fleet? i'm wondering about the possibility that it's someone we know from the Mac universe. myung? mylene? myung is used to singing with wind all around her in star hill. (although she would be 40 years old by that time) mylene... well, you could say song energy sorta acts like the wind. hehe. :p (and she would be 25) hehe, just wondering.

No name. She never uses anyone's name in her blog entries. I wasn't even sure that the flowers that she gave as a birthday present were for Ranka until I saw Ranka's blog entry.

No name. She never uses anyone's name in her blog entries. I wasn't even sure that the flowers that she gave as a birthday present were for Ranka until I saw Ranka's blog entry.

Aha! then it's mylene, i tall ya! and sheryl being the stuck-up super pop-star doesn't even know she was a member of fire bomber. and she even mistakes song energy for the wind. haha. :p

and why does she sense some similarities between that mysterious singer and ranka? what, aside from the brightly colored hair, and the zentraedi lineage, you need more proof? hehe. :D

I certainly HOPE that the writers for the show are writing the blogs!

It would make me sad to learn than the Bandai Office janitor or someone was writing them...

*pauses and waits for someone to say, "You mean Sheryl and Ranka AREN'T REAL???"*

You mean Sheryl and Ranka AREN'T REAL??

But they have blogs!

VFTF1

"Sheryl and Ranka: almost as real as Spinal Tap! And they have blogs!"

Dude, the Big West people should PAY me for this s#&%!

They're using Nanase as bait to get you involved. :lol:

Edited by d3v

"Sheryl and Ranka: almost as real as Spinal Tap! And they have blogs!"

Dude, the Big West people should PAY me for this s#&%!

Ok - fun is fun - but I have to sternly protest this gross, disgusting rumor that keeps circulating on the web.

Spinal Tap IS a real band.

People like you just keep ruining their chances for making a living because every time they are on the verge of a come back, some dork comes out with "they're not real."

They ARE real! They even had a ROCK-U-MENTARY!!! HEEEELLLLOOOO!!!!!

Not to mention their charitable work at Live 8, and the fact that Metallica even acknowledged that they were the first real Metal Band.

Sheesh.

VFTF1