THE INCREDIBLE HULK

EXO

Just came back from seeing it....

OMG... I'm so surprised. It's actually really good. Not as good as Iron Man but I think the ending is better. Pure Adrenaline... Pure Action and not that cheesy Michael Bay type all you guys love.

CG was so-so sometimes...

Great to hear. I so wanted Edward Norton to make this one work.

Did I hear that Marvel had more control with the production of Iron Man & Hulk2, thus a better understanding of what fans want to see?

So, could we say that Marvel struck oil again?
Edited by Mowe

Stagelights flashing...The feeling's smashing....

Iron Man and the Hulk are the first films produced directly by Marvel's film company and then distributed through the normal channels. These movies are pretty much made completely and directly from Marvel. Amazing that 10 years ago, this company was totally bankrupt.

Edited by ComicKaze

I thought the movie was so-so, the handling of the Abomination at the end was not thoroughly explained. Once the solider changes he starts thrashing the city and so they have to let Banner take him out? This one played more of a cat and mouse thriller than the Ang Lee psychological version. Too me it felt more like a beefed up version of the Bruce Bixby show, still I did like some of the homages to the tv and comic sources. Not as good as Iron Man though, time to see if Dark Knight topples it as the comic movie of 2008.

I love the cameo appearance of you know who in the end. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder who plays Captain America and the Redskull when you know who forms the Avengers.

About time we had a Marvel Team-Up.

Edited by Ratchet

Sigh, I know Abomination is a classic Hulk villain but...

Don't you think the regular movie going audiences are getting tired of superheroes having nothing to fight but a sort of "evil version" of themselves? Iron Man vs. Iron Monger, Hulk vs. Abomination, etc.

I love the cameo appearance of you know who in the end. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder who plays Captain America and the Redskull when you know who forms the Avengers.

About time we had a Marvel Team-Up.

Yeah that was quite cool.... Of course the solo Thor and Captain America movies need to come out.

Even though I'm one of the few who actually liked Ang Lee's Hulk, I did like this new one better, mostly because of Norton. And the set-up for the Avengers really made the audience cheer. I'll echo what other people have said, great but not as great as Iron Man. Too bad none of the toys for either film are very appealing.

Even though I'm one of the few who actually liked Ang Lee's Hulk, I did like this new one better, mostly because of Norton. And the set-up for the Avengers really made the audience cheer. I'll echo what other people have said, great but not as great as Iron Man. Too bad none of the toys for either film are very appealing.

The Hulk toys are craptastically asstastic. The Iron Man toys, OTOH, are the complete opposite.

I also liked Ang Lee's Hulk.

I just came back from watching HULK, and i will go back to see it again next weekend. I loved it, very very good, and very very happy with ending. I hope batman 2 can beat batman begins and Hulk and Iron Man, but so far, Iron Man and Hulk are incredible. Good Summer so far

Just came back from it and really enjoyed it. It's not excellent like Iron Man was, but it is good. The pacing's good and nothing made me cringe in a "this is nothing like the comics!" way. This is the Hulk SMASH movie everyone expected out of the first one. That's probably the only problem with it, it missed it's window. People were much more anticipating a new Hulk movie then as to compared now when the superhero line-up is particularly crowded.

I'm glad they rebooted the origin and didn't overcomplicate it with tissue repairing nannites exposed with gamma rays in a human descended from a human previously genetically altered with jellyfish DNA.

As for cameos, blink and you will miss Bill Bixby. :)

edit: grammar

Edited by Alpha OTS

It's been said for a while now that

Stark appears in the film

, and now it appears as though

Fury is in it as well.

If this is true, do they both show up in the end, like with the Iron Man film, or do they have more substantial roles in the film?

It's been said for a while now that

Stark appears in the film

, and now it appears as though

Fury is in it as well.

If this is true, do they both show up in the end, like with the Iron Man film, or do they have more substantial roles in the film?

Stark appears in the film at the end, and I get the impression this was originally meant for an after-credits scene. Fury is in the movie in name only. There's a montage of origin scenes at the beginning and on one of the documents that flashes on the screen you can clearly see Nick Fury's name. On some other documents you clearly see Stark Industries too.

That said, there's nothing to stay after the credits for.

Stark appears in the film at the end, and I get the impression this was originally meant for an after-credits scene. Fury is in the movie in name only. There's a montage of origin scenes at the beginning and on one of the documents that flashes on the screen you can clearly see Nick Fury's name. On some other documents you clearly see Stark Industries too.

That said, there's nothing to stay after the credits for.

Thanks! ^_^

It looks like The Avengers is really going to happen!

I liked it. A good cast is essential for comic book adaptations IMHO (actors like Edward Norton, Robert Downey Jr. and Liv Tyler can add a lot of their own personality to a comic book character), not to mention a good script. I hope Hollywood executives finally learn that lots of CGI is not enough to drag people to the movies anymore. The Hulk looks made of flubber at times, but nobody seems to care, because the story, the pacing and the acting are good.

Yeah that was quite cool.... Of course the solo Thor and Captain America movies need to come out.

If those two have their own movies, I guess they'll just introduce the Vision, Wonder Man, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Ant-Man (solo movie in the works?)and Hawkeye ala Colossus in the X-Men films.

Edited by Ratchet

Ant-Man is getting his own film. Edgar Wright (director of Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead) is the one currently working on it, while Matthew Vaughn is doing Thor. Luckily since Marvel is producing everything now we can have this cross pollination of characters in movies

Ant-Man is getting his own film. Edgar Wright (director of Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead) is the one currently working on it, while Matthew Vaughn is doing Thor. Luckily since Marvel is producing everything now we can have this cross pollination of characters in movies

Captain America is the most important if you want to mix teams together. Notice that it was Captain America leading the super heroes in titles such Secret Wars, Infinity Gauntlet, etc.

Captain America's shield is on Tony's Stark's desk when he's trying to get his suit off and Paltrow walks in on him. Also, there's a rumor that the bluray version of The Hulk will contain 70 additional minutes that will contain a footage where you see Captian America. My guess is that General Ross has him in ice somewhere, in that scene where he gathers the serum.

70 minutes? that's a whole freakin movie already....

Captain America's shield is on Tony's Stark's desk when he's trying to get his suit off and Paltrow walks in on him. Also, there's a rumor that the bluray version of The Hulk will contain 70 additional minutes that will contain a footage where you see Captian America. My guess is that General Ross has him in ice somewhere, in that scene where he gathers the serum.

70 minutes? that's a whole freakin movie already....

I had heard that Norton wasn't happy that the movie was edited down for time, but 70 minutes was excised? Yeowzer.

In the middle of watching the Ang Lee Hulk movie. Yep, I still like it. The new one's undeniably better though. But what the old one does perfectly is in the casting of Thunderbolt Ross. Sam Elliot *is* Thunderbolt Ross.

I saw it last night and both me and my mate loved it, not overall as good as the excellent Iron Man but hulk had better actions scenes and pacing. The acting and writing for both is brilliant though.

I'm not a massive Hulk fan so I didn't know who the excitable scientist in blue was untill I read this thread but it was clear from what happened that he will be an important character in the next film.

Ed Norton was really good as Bruce Banner, far more convinincg then I was expecting from him and Liv Tyler was good too. Tim Roth was playing a right savage from the get go.

As far as the numerous cameo's go, I caught Lou Ferringo but missed Bill Bixby. Tony Stark's scene did seem a bit shoved in there due to the reshuffling that they must have done. I wonder, did so many people walk out of Iron Man without seeing Fury that they decided not to do that again.

I don't like HULK as a hero so the movie did nothing for me. The whole "roaring at the lightning" at National Park felt like King Kong. :lol:

And finally we see that Hulk's skin is impervious to bullets! All this while i thought bullets just magically missed him! :lol:

My wife and I both thought it was hilarious that the military could throw anything at the Hulk and not hurt him, yet when he tries to stand up in a cave and bumps his head on the rock he reacts in pain and discomfort. :D

I liked it alot. It was just below IRONMAN in quality but it was plenty fun.

The little bits of charicter are really what made it for me.

I loved that Banner was learning Jujitsu. Martial Arts for the win.

I love it too which says a lot cause i liked the first one so much. Is it me or did anyone else seem to notice that the director must have been play Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction while making this. So many scenes and things Hulk did came out of that game. Sure i know it was in the comic but still the way he made boxing gloves out of the cop car was the exact way you do it in the game.