Slayers Revolution

I can't wait for this anime. Slayers was one of my favorite anime during my formative years as an anime fan. Revolution will, at the very least, make for good nostalgic memories. I hope we see more of the Zelgadis/Amelia pairing that so many fans (including me) wanted to see, but never did.

I watched a few episodes of Slayers once and I found it fun if a little simplistic.

Any hidden depth to it?

Slayers does have a rather interesting mythology behind the series, but it isn't something that dominates the show. Most of the show revolves around a mix of humor episodes and more serious action episodes.

Also, Slayers is connected to another show, Lost Universe. This connection is explained a bit in Slayers Try, the third Slayers series, where the mythological aspect plays a rather large role.

I watched a few episodes of Slayers once and I found it fun if a little simplistic.

Any hidden depth to it?

Read the novels, they are translated by Tokyopop... essentially most of the interesting elements from the series are taken from the novels with a lot of filler and crap surrounding them.

But even in the series I do like how the mythology progresses from storyarc to storyarc, there's a lot of foreshadowing in there.

Slayers I remember back in the day it was one of my first I know what anime is now anime my sister bought all the VHS tapes for like $25-30 a tape and recently I bought the season 1 box set for around $50.

As for the plot yea its rather simplistic at times then it will develop into a serious show kinda like full metal panic if your familiar with that series. But that in turn in the charm of the show.

• 3 weeks later...

Slayer Revolution plotline from Anime News Network

Plot Summary: Having lost the Sword of Light in the previous battle, Lina and Gourry continue their journey in search of a replacement weapon. On the way, the two of them meet up with Amelia and Zelgadis in the kingdom of Luvinagard while taunting some pirates. Lina is happy to reunite with her old friends, but appearing before her is Luvinagard's Inspector of the Special Investigative Unit; a man called Wizer. However, Lina is amazed at his unusual behavior...

So my prediction is right, they're looking for Gourry Hiikari no ken replacement ^_^

The show will air this week, can't wait.

Episode 1. RAW is out in TT.

Very entertaining, it closely follow the manga storyline.

LMAO each time Gourry fixed his broken sword, Lina need to find him a better sword

What a nostalgia trip!

It really helps that they use the same music as in the previous series. It feels like no time has passed at all.

And LOL at Gourry forgetting Amelia & Zelgadis' names. It has been around 10 years for the viewer, but really, only a few months for the characters. Poor, poor Gourry.

I'm so glad they chose to continue the story, instead of doing a re-make.

It really gives me hope that unfinished stories like 12 Kingdoms and such could be continued on later, even if it's been 10 years since the last installment.

First ep is okay... more of the same which is really all I was expecting.

But I find the new color palate to be a little jarring. But then I guess it's no different then any other current show... it's just weird when I compare it to my Season 1 and 2 boxsets (I should pick up Try sometime).

Just watched the first episode of Revolution. Wow, what nostalgia! The show gave off that 90s Slayers vibe very well. When the recitation for the Dragon Slave came up, I immediately said the incantation by heart (in English of course). Zelgadis, my personal favorite, also retains his awesomeness, even if he didn't do that much this episode. This was my most anticipated anime this summer and it is definitely proving itself to be a great walk down memory lane.

The only thing I'm unsure about is Pocota (the small little character with the zipper on it). Seems like he'll play a big role in the show, but I've never been fond of little mascot characters like him. Of course, he could be a good character, but I'm just judging by appearances.

Edited by Rune Walsh

Episode 2 RAW is out in TT

I was excited when Lina's talisman glow and thinking she's about to cast Giga Slave/Ragna Blade. Her glowing red eyes make me sure that she have part of 'Ruby Eye' Shabranigdo soul fragment in her.

Edited by Morpheus

Episode 2 RAW is out in TT

I was excited when Lina's talisman glow and thinking he's about to cast Giga Slave/Ragna Blade. Her glowing red eyes make me sure that she have part of 'Ruby Eye' Shabranigdo soul fragment in her.

That would be interesting since her older sister Luna has a fragment of the Dragon God Sipheed. Also it would be interesting that Shabranigdo didn't realize part of him was in Lina when they fought.

Slayer Revolution manga volume 2 scanlation is online on onemanga.

Episode 3 is GOLD ^_^

LMAO when Gourry befriending the giant jellyfish, reminds me a lot when he wears jellyfish costume in NEXT.

Another scanlations of Slayer manga "Knight of the Aqua Lord" is online on onemanga.

If some of you are following Slayers Revolution manga, tomorrow episode is probably the same as the 2nd volume of the manga ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Finally Xellos appeared and the plot started.

Lina vs Xellos in the manga

:ph34r:

There's plenty of references to older series such as Sairagg and Rezo

somehow this series can only be followed by hardcore fans, unless Gourry starting to ask question again to explain the Slayers background.