Macross 7 Remastered w/ Subs

It's not hard at all. Download IFOEdit here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/IfoEdit

Just open VTS_01_0.IFO and under VTS_PGCITI select your PGC (there will probably be only one). Then in the lower window you can scroll down until you see color values like shown in my screenshot. Just change the out of bounds values and save the IFO file.

Russ, I have a question on this...under PGCITI, there are PGC1, 2, and 3. Do I need to change the values for all items out of range, or just the first 3, and do I need to do that in all 3 of the PGCs, or just one of them? Thanks for the help. If I can get this done. I'll be in a position to make copies later on, and the PS3 issue will be gone. Thanks

I'm glad i found this thread.. so what's gong on? Are the remastered available somewhere or is someone still making corrections and adjustments? Are these going to be for sale? or DL? If so can someone host them on rapidshare =) lol please keep me in the loop. Not a media editor guru since there is a lot of lingo and numbers going around on the thread. I just want to rewatch Mac7 again since the original ones were to painful to my eyes.

thanks

Kicker773

I'm glad i found this thread.. so what's gong on? Are the remastered available somewhere or is someone still making corrections and adjustments? Are these going to be for sale? or DL? If so can someone host them on rapidshare =) lol please keep me in the loop. Not a media editor guru since there is a lot of lingo and numbers going around on the thread. I just want to rewatch Mac7 again since the original ones were to painful to my eyes.

thanks

Kicker773

I'm working on getting these done on DL DVDs, but having a bit of trouble on getting them made. I have the set done on regular DVDs, and I can copy them for you. If interested, PM me and I'll give you the details. It does take some time, but for the regular DVDs, I think I'm caught up on making copies for people.

As for the dual layer DVDs, I've only been able to successfully complete DVD 14. This is a lot of work, and taking a lot longer than I thought. Also having to redo all my apps since I upgraded to Windows 7, but the computer no longer crashes, and it runs super fast like it used to.

I'm working on getting these done on DL DVDs, but having a bit of trouble on getting them made. I have the set done on regular DVDs, and I can copy them for you. If interested, PM me and I'll give you the details. It does take some time, but for the regular DVDs, I think I'm caught up on making copies for people.

As for the dual layer DVDs, I've only been able to successfully complete DVD 14. This is a lot of work, and taking a lot longer than I thought. Also having to redo all my apps since I upgraded to Windows 7, but the computer no longer crashes, and it runs super fast like it used to.

This has me curious, were the R2 DVD's dual layered? If not, then there's no reason to use the extra space.

This has me curious, were the R2 DVD's dual layered? If not, then there's no reason to use the extra space.

Considering the size of the iso files being 6.5 to 8 gigs in size, I'd say they were dual layer. I now have DVD 8-14 finished. I'll probably throw #15 in tonight before going to sleep, and check it in the morning.

Considering the size of the iso files being 6.5 to 8 gigs in size, I'd say they were dual layer. I now have DVD 8-14 finished. I'll probably throw #15 in tonight before going to sleep, and check it in the morning.

Hmm, let me know when you're done with those! :)

Anyone interested in High Quality MKVs of M7? I just figured out how to make MKVs with the same subtitle and audio streams, heck even the chapter markers that use in VLC as the DVD video files. The only difference is that the video has been encoded into h264 so they take up a lot less space, but still look every bit as great as the original. Since I divided up the work between two computers it shouldn't take long to put everything onto MKV.

Anyone interested in High Quality MKVs of M7? I just figured out how to make MKVs with the same subtitle and audio streams, heck even the chapter markers that use in VLC as the DVD video files. The only difference is that the video has been encoded into h264 so they take up a lot less space, but still look every bit as great as the original. Since I divided up the work between two computers it shouldn't take long to put everything onto MKV.

Umm....YEAH!!!!

My DVD DLs are done. I didn't do the ifoedit, as when I viewed the DVDs on my PS3, they seemed to show the Subs just fine. Anyways, my DVD work on them was quite an experience, but they play great. Haven't checked the parts of DVD8 and 16 that had the parts that freeze for a second or so. So, that leaves me with 2 sets, DVD-5 (standard DVD+r) and DVD-9 (DVD+R DL). If anyone wants copies of these, they're still available. Just send me a pm.

Now it's time to start working on case art to make it look a little more official. I'm definitely impressed with the quality of the DVDs. It was a loooooot of work getting them done, probably more due to my inexperience in rebuilding the .iso files, adding the subs, on and on. Nevertheless, again, thanks to all who put this out on bittorrent, who did the subs, and who provided the freeware to get this done. My wife and I are gonna start watching the series now. Starting with episode one.

Now it's time to start working on case art to make it look a little more official.

When you're done making your case art, can you post samples? I might be interested in them.

Also, are you going to do 16 standard DVD cases, 8 double cases, 16 thin packs, 8 double thin packs? Just wondering. B))

Edited by The Shade

Yeah, please post up what you do. I've been putting mine in slim cases. Stopped doing my patches at about disc 8 but about to fire - her up again and finish these all off. 15 discs of DVD+R DL here!

When you're done making your case art, can you post samples? I might be interested in them.

Also, are you going to do 16 standard DVD cases, 8 double cases, 16 thin packs, 8 double thin packs? Just wondering.

Haven't decided yet. I'd like to get them in a case that could hold 4 DVDs, but I haven't looked at the cases yet. If not available, I'm probably gonna go the route of thin cases. I had some art, but lost it all in a computer upgrade. So, I'm working on it now.

Guess we could do like this set actually came out in from Japan and two 8-disc sets:

http://www.checkoutstore.com/Black-8-Disc-.../blkcase-8d.htm

http://www.sleevetown.com/multi-dvd-case.shtml

http://shop.sunpack.com/cd-dvd-albums/dvd-...c-dvd-case.html

Maybe do some liner notes or something. At the very least, the episode titles:

DVD 1

Episode 01: Speaker Pod

Episode 02: Spiritia Level

Episode 03: Fire Scramble

Episode 04:Vampire Soldier

DVD 2

Episode 05: Spirit Girl

Episode 06: First Contact

Episode 07: Summer Accident

Episode 08: Virgin Bomber

DVD 3

Episode 09: Angel Night

Episode 10: Deep Ballad

Episode 11: Minmay Video

Episode 12: Spiritia Farm

DVD 4

Episode 13: Fold Out

Episode 14: Fighting Woman Mayor Miria

Episode 15: A girl's Jealousy

Episode 16: The Music Box on the Battlefield

DVD 5

Episode 17: Pretty Devil

Episode 18: A Fallen Little Devil

Episode 19: A Life Threatening Date

Episode 20: A Lady's Temptation

DVD 6

Episode 21: Dangerouss Kiss

Episode 22: Men of Burning Passion

Episode 23: Sound Force

Episode 24: Merry go Round

DVD 7

Episode 25: Midnight Duet

Episode 26: Deathmach at Planet Lux

Episode 27: Rainbow Colored Song Energy

Episode 28: New Sound Weapon

DVD 8

* The TV Special, Macross Haizoku Hashin.

* The Shorts - Macross 7 Plus:

1. Good Morning Mylene

2. Totsugeki Acoustic Love Heart

3. Daidou Kakutoshi Hokaida Fuhishima (Veffidas)

4. Ray to Akiko to Stephan to

5. Top Gamrin

6. Seven Bridge

7. Fire Bomber 1st Live (Video presentation of Fire Bomber with Nobutoshi Hayashi y Tomo Sakurai )

Music Videos:

1. Try Again (Acoustic Version)

2. Holy Lonely Light (Live Version for Humming Bird)

* Clean Openings of Seventh Moon and My Friends

* Audio specials including:

1. CD of Macross Festival 95

2. CD of Gift of the Galaxy Network Chart Vol. 0

3. el casi inconseguible Macross Dynamite 7 Galaxy Net Fun CD

Box 2 Digipax 2

DVD 9

Episode 29: Papa and Mama Love Once Again

Episode 30: The Formula for a Love Triangle

Episode 31: Passionate Escandal

Episode 32: Jamming Birds

DVD 10

Episode 33: Betrayal and a Girl's Tears

Episode 34: The Day Gigile Sang

Episode 35: A Night for Just The Two of Us

Episode 36: Mens Passionate Song

DVD 11

Episode 37: The Mistery of the Ruins

Episode 38: Sivil of the Forbbiden Planet

Episode 39: Basara Returns

Episode 40: A Feeling That Reaches Beyond the Starts

DVD 12

Episode 41: I'm Crazy About Mylene

Episode 42: Desperate Capture Operation

Episode 43: Individual Farewells

Episode 44: The Nightmarish Invasion

DVD 13

Episode 45: Ambitious Fourth Planet

Episode 46: Gamlin's Rebellion

Episode 47: The Death of Basara

Episode 48: Mylene's Tears

DVD 14

Episode 49: A Voice Reaching Across The Galaxy

*Macross 7 Encore

01 Fleet of the Strongest Women

02 On Stage

03 Which One Do You Love?

DVD 15

Macross 7 The Movie: The Galaxy is Calling Me

* The rest of Macross 7 Plus

* The Collection of TV commercials

* The openings and endings, clean of "Dakedo Baby!", "Dynamite Explosion"

and "Parade"

* Promotional announcements of the Movie.

* Opening of Macross M3 video game

DVD 16

* Macross Dynamite 7 (4 OVA)

01 Wonder (Diciembre 18, 1997)

02 Cemetery (Febrero 25, 1998))

03 Lonesome (Mayo 25, 1998)

04 [singing Planet of the Galactic Whales] Zola (Augosto 25, 1998 )

Adapted from a Spanish site I found somewhere. They had copies of all the disc menus there, and that would be a great starting point for the artwork (since it would be relevent to each disc, as well). Can't seem to find it, but I have all the screenshots (about 3.2M). Anyways, I'd like to at least flesh it out by Chapter, too.

EDIT: Found it:

http://macrossrobotech.forosonline.es/boar...team-t1607.html

Go up a level to: http://macrossrobotech.forosonline.es/boar...ub-dvd-f84.html and see the rest of the episodes. The rest is putting DVD logos and stuff if we want to make it look really good.

Edited by Uxi

Yes please!! Especially the ones that haven't been uploaded by VIP: ep. 49, encore, movie and dynamite ^_^

Yes please!! Especially the ones that haven't been uploaded by VIP: ep. 49, encore, movie and dynamite ^_^

Well unfortunately I am very behind on my M7 schdedule thanks to things like computer viruses, new projects coming up, etc. I can start with 49, encore, movie, dynamite first thing tomorrow though and have it ready soon. Any recommendations on a convenient place to upload them when I am done though?

Edited by Freiflug88

Ep 49 and the movie are done and ready. Encore has an hour left on the encoder, then I just need to split it up into the 3 separate OVAs.

The thing is though do the VIP mkvs suffer from small Horizontal lines that occasionally appear at the top of the screen when their is a lot of movement, GGemini? Cause I found all my encodes do and I have been trying to find a practical way to remove them for the past 2 days.

Guess we could do like this set actually came out in from Japan and two 8-disc sets:

http://www.checkoutstore.com/Black-8-Disc-.../blkcase-8d.htm

http://www.sleevetown.com/multi-dvd-case.shtml

http://shop.sunpack.com/cd-dvd-albums/dvd-...c-dvd-case.html

Maybe do some liner notes or something. At the very least, the episode titles:

DVD 1

Episode 01: Speaker Pod

Episode 02: Spiritia Level

Episode 03: Fire Scramble

Episode 04:Vampire Soldier

DVD 2

Episode 05: Spirit Girl

Episode 06: First Contact

Episode 07: Summer Accident

Episode 08: Virgin Bomber

DVD 3

Episode 09: Angel Night

Episode 10: Deep Ballad

Episode 11: Minmay Video

Episode 12: Spiritia Farm

DVD 4

Episode 13: Fold Out

Episode 14: Fighting Woman Mayor Miria

Episode 15: A girl's Jealousy

Episode 16: The Music Box on the Battlefield

DVD 5

Episode 17: Pretty Devil

Episode 18: A Fallen Little Devil

Episode 19: A Life Threatening Date

Episode 20: A Lady's Temptation

DVD 6

Episode 21: Dangerouss Kiss

Episode 22: Men of Burning Passion

Episode 23: Sound Force

Episode 24: Merry go Round

DVD 7

Episode 25: Midnight Duet

Episode 26: Deathmach at Planet Lux

Episode 27: Rainbow Colored Song Energy

Episode 28: New Sound Weapon

DVD 8

* The TV Special, Macross Haizoku Hashin.

* The Shorts - Macross 7 Plus:

1. Good Morning Mylene

2. Totsugeki Acoustic Love Heart

3. Daidou Kakutoshi Hokaida Fuhishima (Veffidas)

4. Ray to Akiko to Stephan to

5. Top Gamrin

6. Seven Bridge

7. Fire Bomber 1st Live (Video presentation of Fire Bomber with Nobutoshi Hayashi y Tomo Sakurai )

Music Videos:

1. Try Again (Acoustic Version)

2. Holy Lonely Light (Live Version for Humming Bird)

* Clean Openings of Seventh Moon and My Friends

* Audio specials including:

1. CD of Macross Festival 95

2. CD of Gift of the Galaxy Network Chart Vol. 0

3. el casi inconseguible Macross Dynamite 7 Galaxy Net Fun CD

Box 2 Digipax 2

DVD 9

Episode 29: Papa and Mama Love Once Again

Episode 30: The Formula for a Love Triangle

Episode 31: Passionate Escandal

Episode 32: Jamming Birds

DVD 10

Episode 33: Betrayal and a Girl's Tears

Episode 34: The Day Gigile Sang

Episode 35: A Night for Just The Two of Us

Episode 36: Mens Passionate Song

DVD 11

Episode 37: The Mistery of the Ruins

Episode 38: Sivil of the Forbbiden Planet

Episode 39: Basara Returns

Episode 40: A Feeling That Reaches Beyond the Starts

DVD 12

Episode 41: I'm Crazy About Mylene

Episode 42: Desperate Capture Operation

Episode 43: Individual Farewells

Episode 44: The Nightmarish Invasion

DVD 13

Episode 45: Ambitious Fourth Planet

Episode 46: Gamlin's Rebellion

Episode 47: The Death of Basara

Episode 48: Mylene's Tears

DVD 14

Episode 49: A Voice Reaching Across The Galaxy

*Macross 7 Encore

01 Fleet of the Strongest Women

02 On Stage

03 Which One Do You Love?

DVD 15

* The openings and endings, clean of "Dakedo Baby!", "Dynamite Explosion"

and "Parade"

* Promotional announcements of the Movie.

DVD 16

* Macross Dynamite 7 (4 OVA)

01 Wonder (Diciembre 18, 1997)

02 Cemetery (Febrero 25, 1998))

03 Lonesome (Mayo 25, 1998)

04 [singing Planet of the Galactic Whales] Zola (Augosto 25, 1998 )

Adapted from a Spanish site I found somewhere. They had copies of all the disc menus there, and that would be a great starting point for the artwork (since it would be relevent to each disc, as well). Can't seem to find it, but I have all the screenshots (about 3.2M). Anyways, I'd like to at least flesh it out by Chapter, too.

EDIT: Found it:

http://macrossrobotech.forosonline.es/boar...team-t1607.html

Go up a level to: http://macrossrobotech.forosonline.es/boar...ub-dvd-f84.html and see the rest of the episodes. The rest is putting DVD logos and stuff if we want to make it look really good.

I bought a set of 10 8 DVD holder cases. So, this will basically put the entire set into 2 of the boxes. As my wife is a graphics designer, I'm gonna see if she can work on this with me. Maybe some sort of collage of all things Mac7, set 1 and 2, and a pamplet with titles and liner notes on staff and all that. It's not gonna be a one day project, so it'll be awhile, but I'm gonna start gathering art tomorrow to use. Thanks for the link to the cases. I can probably use those for my Macross Frontier DVDs as well.

Cool, can't wait to see what you do.

Here's an updated list for Disc 15, which I just went through:

DVD 15

1. Spiritia Dreaming

2. Guvava's Planet

3. City Police 24 Hours

4. Milia the President

5. Let's Bomber!

* The openings and endings, clean of:

1. "Dakedo Baby!"

2. "Dynamite Explosion Vol 0"

3. "Dynamite Explosion Vol 1"

4. "Dynamite Explosion Vol 2"

5. "Dynamite Explosion Vol 3"

6. "Dynamite Explosion Vol 4"

7. "Parade"

* Promotional announcements of the Macross Plus: Movie. and Macross 7: The Galaxy is

Calling Me

* Macross Fire Movie Karaoke!!

* Live Performance: Seventh Moon

* Live Performance: Dyamite Explosion

Awesome. I may use a page layout for the insert, if it isn't too much of a learning curve. My wife is gonna help put together a collage for both DVDs. When they're done, I'll upload them. They're gonna take some time, but it'll be a little cleaner of a setup for those who want a nice DVD set.

Ep 49 and the movie are done and ready. Encore has an hour left on the encoder, then I just need to split it up into the 3 separate OVAs.

The thing is though do the VIP mkvs suffer from small Horizontal lines that occasionally appear at the top of the screen when their is a lot of movement, GGemini? Cause I found all my encodes do and I have been trying to find a practical way to remove them for the past 2 days.

I've been checking where to upload the files... everything seems to be torrents now.

Regarding the horizontal lines, I haven't seen any. I watched eps. 45 - 48 over the weekend and I didn't notice anything like that. I'll check again today in the earlier episodes. Did you idetnify any episode in particular where this happens?

I've been checking where to upload the files... everything seems to be torrents now.

Regarding the horizontal lines, I haven't seen any. I watched eps. 45 - 48 over the weekend and I didn't notice anything like that. I'll check again today in the earlier episodes. Did you idetnify any episode in particular where this happens?

Well I first noticed it at the end of episode 36 when the Protoculture ruins rise up with those strobe light effects. I have been taking another look and I believe it may be due to my old computers having a slow video card. The horizontal line only show up only in motion shots in the H264 videos, but play seamlessly from the DVD footage.

Unfortantely I deleted most of my encodes thinking they were faulty and I am busy today maybe tomorrow I will restart the batch.

• 1 month later...
Awesome. I may use a page layout for the insert, if it isn't too much of a learning curve. My wife is gonna help put together a collage for both DVDs. When they're done, I'll upload them. They're gonna take some time, but it'll be a little cleaner of a setup for those who want a nice DVD set.

Hi Jasonc. Not to sound impatient, but how's the project going?

My wife was going to put together the DVD art based on M7 pics I got, but to be honest, I can't find a lot of good quality pics to use. My wife has also been busy with doing some very important projects, so the process has been going slow. If anyone has more links for artwork, it'll help. I've got the 8 disc DVD cases (had to order a minimum of 10 of them), so the cases will be made for that, but one can always edit that for whatever case they decide to get, or get them from me. anyways, I haven't forgotten about it. It's still in process.

I'm a graphic designer, I'd be able to pitch in a bit. Have to work around my freelancing & the baby, but it'd be fun.

That spanish site has the best variety of art, I think. The rest would be taking images of valkyries and maybe a screen shot or two and then playing with photoshop. We're doing 2 8-disc sets right? I'll see what I can work up in CS3...

I'm a graphic designer, I'd be able to pitch in a bit. Have to work around my freelancing & the baby, but it'd be fun.

Yeah, my wife is a senior graphics designer, and said she'd put it together (disc covers), but I just need some good art to give to her. My library is completely gone in a computer crash, so what I have so far is kinda sad. I have the LD covers, but the resolution isn't that great, and the fact that they're scans makes the pics gritty.

so how much are you going to ask for these Jason?

Ask for what? If you're referring to the DVD case art and all, nothing. Once it's done, I'll post them up here for people to download. If you're talking about the 8 DVD holding cases, they're about $2 each. For the DVDs, It depends on how much the materials cost. I have a complete set in Single layer and Dual layer. The DL DVDs are more, and I was buying the DLs when they were on sale. Unfortunately the store decided to take the sale down, and they are now an extra $10 more. For those, it's just cost of materials and shipping. If anyone wants to throw in extra for the time it takes to do these, I'm cool with that too. I sent out the last of all the DVDs owed, so, if anymore, just inquire via pm.