Macross 7 Remastered w/ Subs

At this point being done. If anyone needs a copy of the DVDs, I'll be glad to help. Now that they're done, I can just disccopy and voila. Send me a PM if you need any of them. We can work something out to get you the DVDs. I can burn DL DVDs, but the time I tried it, I think I used an inferior brand, and it didn't work so well. Nevertheless, send me a pm if you need help, or need them.

When it comes to upping your ration on Asian DVD Club Uxi, I found the best way is to buy a fast seedbox and download and seed the most recent Golden or pinku torrents that pop up. For one month's subscription of Mr. Seedbox at 12 bucks I was able to upload over 300 GB and greatly improve my ratio.

Was able to get the last set of patches from asiandvd club. Got my warning that my cumulative ratio is 0.161 now (downloaded both the remastered box and now the last set of patches). lol gotta get that up, cause I think I want to hit Zero next (i have a few of the old ANBU subbed torrents from the first run but never saw teh last couple episodes that way - saw them on a bootleg with obviously atrocious subs that while I'm sure I got the jist of it - and saw the sequence of events, I'm sure I lost some of the nuances of much of the dialog. Golden or pinku ... got it, thanks Freiflug88.

Was able to get the last set of patches from asiandvd club. Got my warning that my cumulative ratio is 0.161 now (downloaded both the remastered box and now the last set of patches). lol gotta get that up, cause I think I want to hit Zero next (i have a few of the old ANBU subbed torrents from the first run but never saw teh last couple episodes that way - saw them on a bootleg with obviously atrocious subs that while I'm sure I got the jist of it - and saw the sequence of events, I'm sure I lost some of the nuances of much of the dialog. Golden or pinku ... got it, thanks Freiflug88.

Dude, your going to need a seedbox SERIOUSLY. The standard warning period at ADC is 14 days. Since the M7 torrent is about 106 gigs I am guessing you have about 75+ gigs to boost your ratio to atleast a .8 or your current IP is banned. Unless your paying like $100+ for T3 connection to your home their is just no way you would be able to compete with the 200 MB/s Down/ 100 MB/s Upload speeds that Power ADC users have with their $20 Seedboxs. Even if you have a fast internet their is no way that your ISP and Hollywood's nearby anti-p2p groups would not notice a 75+ gigs of data being uploaded in under two weeks through your home internet.

At this point being done. If anyone needs a copy of the DVDs, I'll be glad to help. Now that they're done, I can just disccopy and voila. Send me a PM if you need any of them. We can work something out to get you the DVDs. I can burn DL DVDs, but the time I tried it, I think I used an inferior brand, and it didn't work so well. Nevertheless, send me a pm if you need help, or need them.

Almost forgot to ask, is it just the TV seires, or does it include the 7 Plus Shorts, Movie, & Dynamite?

It's everything: Plus, Movie, MD7, everything. Well I thought it was... where is Spiritia Dreaming? Most of the Macross Plus shorts (including that corny live special/talk show thing) are on disc 8 but can't find a couple.

Burns of the first 3 discs went swimmingly. The fonts of the subtitles come out black on the PS3 for both song and dialog, for some reason (and really hard to see!), but subtitles work fine on the cheapo DVD player I bought my daughter and my old 5-disc Sony carousel. Now I gotta get case art and maybe print some disc labels since my sharpie calligraphy isn't aesthetically pleasing to my eye. :D

Edited by Uxi

It's everything: Plus, Movie, MD7, everything. Well I thought it was... where is Spiritia Dreaming? Most of the Macross Plus shorts (including that corny live special/talk show thing) are on disc 8 but can't find a couple.

Most are on Disc 8, but some are on disc...15, I believe. :unsure:

Just checked, you're right. Guess I'm patching 15 next cause I want to see Spiritia Dreaming. 15 has the rest of Plus, too: Gubaba's Planet, the Police one, and Mayor Miria. What is that M3 thing? Trailer or cutscenes from the game or just a short?

That was just on the PS3, though, and may be a PS3 quirk. I prefer using my PS3, but easy enough for my to use my 5-disc carousel on my big setup. Still looks great!

Anyone make slim covers? Trying to get my ratio up. Looks like everything is free until Christmas, so taking advantage to grab Macross Zero. I love how the one torrent included images for slim DVD case covers. Anyone make any covers for their M7 Remastered? I'm also looking for disc art to either print directly with my printer's DVD attachment or maybe do labels (those can be a PITA, though)...

• 2 weeks later...

I dl'ed some M7 art to make DVD covers, but have been a little busy with other burnings. If I may ask, what is a good DL DVD to use? I want to Make DL, but I'd like some high end ones. Still working on a definitive cover. or maybe someone actually has the remastered DVDs, and can scan the covers at a well decent resolution. Even the disc covers would be awesome.

Jasonc: The general opinion is the Verbatim-branded ones are the best DVD-DL available (the Singapore-made ones, not the India-made ones, BTW).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817130008

I bought a spindle of them recently and they have worked out great for me. Burn them at 2.4x using ImgBurn for best results.

Edited by svenge

OK, that's what I needed. I'm gonna have to buy some of those. For those of who who have discs waiting from me, I've been burning discs all day. so it's coming along. One set finished and shipping tomorrow, the other is about 1/4 of the way through. The 3rd set I haven't started on.

Also found that product number at Best Buy a couple blocks from my house. If I can get DLs to burn and work properly, I'll be super pleased.

Edited by Jasonc

Burns of the first 3 discs went swimmingly. The fonts of the subtitles come out black on the PS3 for both song and dialog, for some reason (and really hard to see!), but subtitles work fine on the cheapo DVD player I bought my daughter and my old 5-disc Sony carousel.

I recently discovered the cause of this "black subtitles on PS3" problem. The deal is that the DVD color values defined in the VTS_01_0.IFO file are out of the legal bounds. Apparently only chroma values of 16-234 are allowed. If you have values higher or lower than this range, PS3 shows them as black.

I changed the color values using IFOEdit and it works fine. Here's an example.

clut2.jpg

Notice in the IFOEdit screenshot how in the first few values there are some valued "255 128 128" and "0 128 128." Just change these so that they read "234 128 128" and "16 128 128" respectively and you should be good to go. IFOEdit requires you to enter values in hexadecimal, so the corresponding values would be 10-80-80 for black and EA-80-80 for white.

Edited by russ869

I recently discovered the cause of this "black subtitles on PS3" problem. The deal is that the DVD color values defined in the VTS_01_1.IFO file are out of the legal bounds. Apparently only chroma values of 16-234 are allowed. If you have values higher or lower than this range, PS3 shows them as black.

I changed the color values using IFOEdit and it works fine. Here's an example.

clut2.jpg

Notice in the IFOEdit screenshot how in the first few values there are some valued "255 128 128" and "0 128 128." Just change these so that they read "234 128 128" and "16 128 128" respectively and you should be good to go. IFOEdit requires you to enter values in hexadecimal, so the corresponding values would be 10-80-80 for black and EA-80-80 for white.

Hmm, how intensive a process is that?

It seems just a quirk with PS3, something I can live without. It all depends on what if that software is freeware, or if there is another thing to use to get the same result. keith, for your set, I'm about half way done. I've burned about 40 discs today, and have been working in "sweatshop" settings, LOL. I probably won't be editing the iso's as putting them together with the subtitles and all takes a long ass time to do.

BTW, I went to Bestbuy, and got some DVD-9s today, the same Verbatim ones mentioned. Don't know when I'll get to actually try these out, but someday, I'll get to it. Ahhh, so much work to do, and so little time.

It's not hard at all. Download IFOEdit here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/IfoEdit

Just open VTS_01_0.IFO and under VTS_PGCITI select your PGC (there will probably be only one). Then in the lower window you can scroll down until you see color values like shown in my screenshot. Just change the out of bounds values and save the IFO file.

If you use DVDSubEdit, I think another way to make this work is to open your DVD (using “Open full domain”) and then click on one of the colors next to 'b,' 'p,' 'e1,' or 'e2.' Now you'll see this:

image044.jpg

Like it says, Shift-Click on the colors that look black or white and chose to set them to black or white again. Then once you "Save all changes" it should repair the incorrect colors.

Are these ones good? http://www.meritline.com/verbatim-6x-dl-dv...---p-18457.aspx

I'll probably apply try the patches and apply these before I get these writable discs. I've only burned about 5 so far on the non-printable discs (I had previously bought Memorex 8x DVD+R DL from Target) and they work fine burned from my MacBook Pro. I just want to be able to print some disc art on them instead of doing the ghetto sharpie thing. :lol:

Edited by Uxi

It seems just a quirk with PS3, something I can live without. It all depends on what if that software is freeware, or if there is another thing to use to get the same result. keith, for your set, I'm about half way done. I've burned about 40 discs today, and have been working in "sweatshop" settings, LOL. I probably won't be editing the iso's as putting them together with the subtitles and all takes a long ass time to do.

BTW, I went to Bestbuy, and got some DVD-9s today, the same Verbatim ones mentioned. Don't know when I'll get to actually try these out, but someday, I'll get to it. Ahhh, so much work to do, and so little time.

Don't think your sweatshop efforts aren't appreciated. Someone has to spread the 7 love, you've been nominated!

Ep 7 and 8 had some intermittent stuttering/freezing for some reason on my Sony 5 disc carousel... so I put disc 2 in my PS3 to see if I could replicate and guess what: no black subtitles. And no stuttering. The disc is clean with no smudges or anything like that... but that makes me think not every episode has these incorrect values...

Ep 7 and 8 had some intermittent stuttering/freezing for some reason on my Sony 5 disc carousel... so I put disc 2 in my PS3 to see if I could replicate and guess what: no black subtitles. And no stuttering. The disc is clean with no smudges or anything like that... but that makes me think not every episode has these incorrect values...

I can't wait to start watching 7 again, it's been sooo long.

超突撃バカでfireボンバーのファンのものですが、是非とも見ていただきたい掲示板がありまして書き込みました。下のサイトですがぜひよろしくお願いします。

://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=31616

超突撃バカでfireボンバーのファンのものですが、是非とも見ていただきたい掲示板がありまして書き込みました。下のサイトですがぜひよろしくお願いします。

://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=31616

Dude, you realize you're linking to a post within the very same forum right?

::MACHINE TRANSLATION ON!::

奴、あなたは全く同じフォーラムの右の中でポストにリンクしているとわかりますか?

Basara's College Room-mateさん、そんなこと知っててやってますよ。 :angry:

だれも今年に入って一切書き込みがないものだから、怒って書き込んでしまったのです。

Don't feel bad, a lot of U.S. Macross fans just aren't capable of achieving the high level of HOT BLOODED PASSION that's required to be a Macross 7 fan. But there are some of us who understand, and we love harder than the rest. In fact you can call me the greatest U.S. Nekki Basara/Fire Bomber/Macross 7 fan,

"In The Universe, Just so you Know..."

::MACHINE TRANSLATION GO!!::

悪く感じないでください、そして、多くの米国マクロスのファンはただマクロスの7ファンであることが必要であるHOT BLOODED PASSIONの高いレベルを達成できません。 しかし、分かる私たちの何人かがあります、そして、私たちは残りより一生懸命愛しています。 事実上、あなたは、私を最もすばらしい米国のNekki Basara/発砲Bomber/マクロス7のファンと呼ぶことができます。

「宇宙、Justでは、そのように、あなた、Know、」 …