Macross 7 Remastered w/ Subs

Well, it's on MY list, but I most likely won't start working on it until mid-2010 (I have a lot to finish between now and then...).

Perfectly fine with me, not like I haven't watched 7 several dozen times already...

Gah, I really need to get these scripts out. Time has been a killer. I pretty much cleaned up all the scripts from ep 32+, the movie, the OAVs, and Encore, I just got caught in final revisions.

Apologies to all, should hopefully be soon.

Edit: Yeah, the rank fixes will also be part of the revision.

Edited by bishopcruz

Sucks being an old man who doesn't trust torrent software...

What's there not to trust? There are several open source clients available if you want to have a peek at the code. I trust Deluge and Transmission more than I trust any email client (Outlook and Mac Mail I'm looking at you) or chat platform.

Edited by Sketch

• 2 weeks later...
Gah, I really need to get these scripts out. Time has been a killer. I pretty much cleaned up all the scripts from ep 32+, the movie, the OAVs, and Encore, I just got caught in final revisions.

Apologies to all, should hopefully be soon.

Edit: Yeah, the rank fixes will also be part of the revision.

Your hard work is appreciated^^

When you are finished I'll (eventually) get around to adapting them to the DVDs.

• 1 month later...

Say would anyone happen to have the subtitles for Dynamite 7 OAVs 1&2 in editable format ?

The archives posted a couple of page back included the D7 subtitles, but the OAV 1&2 subtiles are in a weird ZDS format that doesn't seem editable :(

-Sergorn

Well seems I managed to convert the ZDS subtiles using DVDSUBBER(if anyone want it I can upload it somewhere) - unfortunately it only seems to include the subs of the FIRST Episode, so if anyone has the second one somewhere I'd be grateful.

Edited by Sergorn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Was gonna start watching my bootlegs again (still love that set. Better than the FX). Started a download of the 108GB remastered box. This torrent is going slooooow.... Only 3 seeders and looking to be about 14 days at this point.

Not to tread on any toes here (as if...) but I finished the subtitle work for the remaster box at adc.

They are available for download there now.

I used the scripts up to episode 40 from the VIP mkvs. The rest was subtitled using the Psycho KORps and Central Anime scripts.

I had to OCR Fleet of the Strongest Women using the old avi. I had to do the same with the Omake Good Morning Mylene.

I subbed all omakes except for the live videos and the radio dramas.

You're all welcome to update the scripts with correct terminology and so on but now it's

available for those who just want to get it subtitled on DVD.

ericf

Where's it at? My torrent has been chugging along all weekend. I have about 20GB of the 108 needed. THEN I can start applying the patches Xeros put up. At this rate, it will next week some time....

I'm about half done with the torrent of the box. Then I'll start applying the patches. Does this include MD7, too, or just the regular M7 series? Am I reading it right that it's 16 discs??

I'm about half done with the torrent of the box. Then I'll start applying the patches. Does this include MD7, too, or just the regular M7 series? Am I reading it right that it's 16 discs??

If it has all 16 discs, then yes, it's everything: TV series, movie, D7, the short films, the promo episode, the whole she-bang.

The old bootleg 6-disc set I got had everything (Macross 7 Plus: Spiritia Dreaming, Top Gamlin, the commercial exit/return, Encore, etc), too. Just atrocious subtitles at points (Boxana, Myliu, Black Devil, etc).

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the torrent finished. Wow, amazed at some of the quality. Gotta get all the patches now. Just watched all I could get of Gamlin's VF-22 in the last disc.

Where did you get 11-16?

The link for the patches for 8, then 10-16 are above. I've been putting the series on DVD, and they are coming out perfectly, just tested DVD 10, and it looks great, and the dialogue makes sense. I'm probably gonna buy some high quality blanks, and have the covers professionally done. I'd like to package this up nice, like as if I bought it. To everybody who helped put these together, thank you.

Heya, I'm new here and glad I found a place that loves Macross 7 too. I've been needing some help though. I've been looking for just the subtitles for 29 to the end,the movie, and the OVAs. I have the subtitles for 1-28 that I found somewhere ages ago that were from Central Anime. What I have been doing is converting the DVD iso's into xvid form so I can watch them on my dvd player. The ones I have done so far are looking really good. Thanks alot for all your help.

DVD 11 done, and working perfectly, only 5 more to go. This takes time, but the remastered picture, and the much better subs is fantastic. Working on DVD 12 now, but it takes a lot of time to do these. Have to add the patch, shrink the .iso for DVD-5, prepare the iso, then rebuild it, then burn it to the DVD. I am really happy with the end result though.

I'm worried I won't be able to keep using asiandvdclub after reading their rules. Even though I have it set to upload, too, the 108GB of the entire box gave me a miserable ratio and even though I left it up for about a day or so, didn't seem like I got any downloaders.

I'm thinking I may be able to hook you up Keith. I'm gonna do a test burn on a dual layer DVD this weekend. If it all goes swimmingly, I could be persuaded to burn em for you if you just send me the discs. Probably no fancy art or anything...