Macross 7 Remastered w/ Subs

Did you ever do anything for the art?

Just found a cool site that had some great pics to poss cut and put in together. I've been building up a "library" of pics to use, but it's getting there. My wife is getting all the stuff to start. Hopefully end of this week I'll have something to show. Not my schedule though, so bear with me.

Seriously, compared with the other Macross series, the Seven was poor. I mean, it was so poor that the idea of VF's been controled by guitars was just ignore for the other series.

Only Fire Bomber/Sound Force used the guitar control scheme, Considering there weren't any other bands, why would anyone else need to? Your argument fails, as does your troll attempt. GTFO!

What info is there on Fire Bomber American or whatever it's called on Macross 11? I'd be interested in those Sound Force valks... particularly if they're not just M7 Sound Force rips.

What info is there on Fire Bomber American or whatever it's called on Macross 11? I'd be interested in those Sound Force valks... particularly if they're not just M7 Sound Force rips.

I'm not sure Fire Bomber American even HAS Valks. I think they're just a band...

Seriously, compared with the other Macross series, the Seven was poor. I mean, it was so poor that the idea of VF's been controled by guitars was just ignore for the other series.

Why even put that in here? It's an info thread about product, not the story. You're whining and bitching in the wrong thread. Don't care if you do, just find the "I hate Macross 7" thread and put your name there.

I'm not sure Fire Bomber American even HAS Valks. I think they're just a band...

The songs just didn't sound the same, at all. Didn't have that feel and power that OG Fire Bomber had. I also don't think they're in any of the DVD releases, anywhere. For those that need english, I guess it was a pass,,, I dunno. Anyone care to elaborate on that?

The songs just didn't sound the same, at all. Didn't have that feel and power that OG Fire Bomber had. I also don't think they're in any of the DVD releases, anywhere. For those that need english, I guess it was a pass,,, I dunno. Anyone care to elaborate on that?

Fire Bomber American stuff gets used as background music in Dynamite 7, but that's about it. And unfortunately, I have no clue why they made the album in the first place...there are definitely some superfluous M7 CD releases, but that one tops the list...narrowly beating out "Live Fire."

On disc 12 and still going... so far so good.. maybe someone has the remastered version originals and can scan the covers of the discs and send it to Jason..

Original is 2 x 8-disc sets... art should be available on Amazon JP, etc

Fire Bomber American stuff gets used as background music in Dynamite 7, but that's about it. And unfortunately, I have no clue why they made the album in the first place...there are definitely some superfluous M7 CD releases, but that one tops the list...narrowly beating out "Live Fire."

They probably hoped to sell them outside of Japan to Englsih speaking anime fans since you-know-who didn't have a Macross trademark at the time. As for the use as background music in Dynamite 7 its the same reason they mentioned Macross 11 a few times in the Radio drama its just a simple tie-in to the Macross 7 Trash Manga.

They probably hoped to sell them outside of Japan to Englsih speaking anime fans since you-know-who didn't have a Macross trademark at the time.

I seriously doubt that.

As for the use as background music in Dynamite 7 its the same reason they mentioned Macross 11 a few times in the Radio drama its just a simple tie-in to the Macross 7 Trash Manga.

A tie-in to Trash? How?

Why even put that in here? It's an info thread about product, not the story. You're whining and bitching in the wrong thread. Don't care if you do, just find the "I hate Macross 7" thread and put your name there.

I own English Fire and yeah, its really not the same. Sometimes it sounds plain weird hearing the songs in english. The singers lack the passion and attachment to the songs that Yoshiki Fukuyama provided. It's not the worst dubbing job I've seen though.

Spoken like someone who hasn't heard their version of Planet Dance yet! :lol:

That must be the worst one in the entire album! Although on second thought, Try Again comes perilously close.

Seriously now, Uxi, as someone who purchased the album in a moment of madness, I'd strongly suggest that you listen to the tracks on you tube before embarking on any expensive ventures.

That must be the worst one in the entire album! Although on second thought, Try Again comes perilously close.

Seriously now, Uxi, as someone who purchased the album in a moment of madness, I'd strongly suggest that you listen to the tracks on you tube before embarking on any expensive ventures.

Yeah, what he said. I have friends who bought it, and when I listened to it, it was quite the earsore. Not that they can't sing and whatnot, it just sounds forced, and doesn't rock like it should. Best to listen in the original versions. I don't feel Bomba listening to the english version.

I'd like to ask if I can upload the patch for episodes 8,10-16 somewhere (mediafire for example) after compressing them (I'm sure that those 279 MB will compress really nicely); I suppose that people with FAST connections like private trackers but for unlucky guys that had to live in a country where your upload speed is 50 KB/s it's not that nice (other the fact that usually it's a pain to simply get connections when you're so slow because peers will usually prefer better connections);

Anyway thanks to xeros and ericf for their great work.

A tie-in to Trash? How?

Simple M7 Trash's Macross 11 Fleet was explained to be an english speaking fleet with Fire Bomber American singing Fire Bomber songs in English right? Basera certainly doesn't sing in English either so its obvious that the English versions of Fire Bomber playing over the radio in Dynamite were performed by Fire Bomber America. Having the black market dealers listen to FBA songs that were ripped-off from the real Fire Bomber band also symbolizes just how corrupt they are.

Simple M7 Trash's Macross 11 Fleet was explained to be an english speaking fleet with Fire Bomber American singing Fire Bomber songs in English right? Basera certainly doesn't sing in English either so its obvious that the English versions of Fire Bomber playing over the radio in Dynamite were performed by Fire Bomber America. Having the black market dealers listen to FBA songs that were ripped-off from the real Fire Bomber band also symbolizes just how corrupt they are.

Um...Macross 7 Trash happened only on Macross 7. There's no Macross 11 or Fire Bomber American in it. :unsure:

Something tels me Basara would not even care if some one wanted to sing his song in another Language.

From watching M7 it appears that Basara does not have a pretentious bone in his body abhors ceremony, pretext, and the rigidity of societal norms.

Well...I haven't read it yet to be honest. If Macross 7 Trash isn't the manga that introduces Macross 11 and the FBA then which one does then?

I don't know, to be honest. On the Macross Compendium, it says it's the "Fire Bomber American English Anticipation Manga," which is two pages long and was done by Haruhiko Mikimoto. But there's no information about what it contains or how it was sold.

iMacross IV has an "English Anticipation Manga" uploaded, but I think it's a mistake, and that it not the same thing mentioned in the Compendium.

• 5 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=838199:date=Mar 14 2010, 11:56 PM:name=Uxi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Uxi @ Mar 14 2010, 11:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=838199"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did you ever do anything for the art?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just found a cool site that had some great pics to poss cut and put in together. I've been building up a "library" of pics to use, but it's getting there. My wife is getting all the stuff to start. Hopefully end of this week I'll have something to show. Not my schedule though, so bear with me.

Did you ever get anywhere on this? I'm starting to want to get back to this.

Did you ever get anywhere on this? I'm starting to want to get back to this.

I had a PC malfunction and lost all the art I had collected, so I had to do it all over again. At this point, I have pics, and wanting to get back to this, but with helping for the MWcon10, RT25celebration, and Trying to get used to working a graveyard shift, it's been a bit difficult in getting this together. My wife will also be helping, and she's been working on the MW con flyers, and RT25celebration program and flyers. It's a lot of work, and definitely don't wanna overburden her. Rest assured, the project isn't forgotten. ;)

• 2 years later...

Would anyone know where I could find these subtitles for all of Macross 7? The links in this thread are long dead. Thanks.

Zombie thread!

The rapidshare links are dead; however, I just checked asiandvdclub.org and someone is seeding a torrent for the subtitle patches over there. You can also download the episodes with the subtitles already patched in, if you wish. You need to register for an account and keep your leeching ratio in check, but overall asiandvdclub is a handy resource for this stuff.

Zombie thread!

The rapidshare links are dead; however, I just checked asiandvdclub.org and someone is seeding a torrent for the subtitle patches over there. You can also download the episodes with the subtitles already patched in, if you wish. You need to register for an account and keep your leeching ratio in check, but overall asiandvdclub is a handy resource for this stuff.

I just want the subtitles only. I had thought about making a new thread but figured posting in this one would have been better.

Registration of new accounts is temporarily disabled for those who do not have an invite. If you know someone who is already an ADC member, ask them to send you an invite so you can join our community....

Would you have an invite by chance? Would you know the name of these subtitle patches? That way I can try and find the torrents elsewhere....

Thanks.

Edited by Oihan

Glad to see this thread resurrected! A question : Is the black subtitle coloration on the PS3 a fixable issue or am I just out of luck? I have the DVDs with subs hardcoded in (thanks again to JasonC!), but just recently donated my dedicated DVD player and started using my PS3 for everything... and noticed the coloration issue.

I can use my laptop or PS2 I suppose, but it would be mighty convenient to get this fixed up.

I just want the subtitles only. I had thought about making a new thread but figured posting in this one would have been better.

Would you have an invite by chance? Would you know the name of these subtitle patches? That way I can try and find the torrents elsewhere....

Thanks.

ANYONE, please?

Edited by Oihan