Newbie Questions on Macross

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I was wondering where are all the Meltrans in the SDF series, especially on Earth after "Love Drifts Away"? I mean, obviously Milia and Lap Lamiz are featured heavily, but you really don't see any other females populating Earth. Did they all get wiped out in the battle, I'm sure someone had to be driving Lap Lamiz's ship right?

I'm sure if there were plenty of Meltrans hanging out on Earth, it would have assuaged all the angry Zentrans pissed off about having to do manual labor. I'm sure they would have been all down with making a little culture between them, right? Or did all the females get micronized and hook up with humans? Macking on newly culturalized Meltrans would be like hitting on junior college freshman girls, I would imagine. Easy pickings! Ha.

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I was wondering where are all the Meltrans in the SDF series, especially on Earth after "Love Drifts Away"? I mean, obviously Milia and Lap Lamiz are featured heavily, but you really don't see any other females populating Earth. Did they all get wiped out in the battle, I'm sure someone had to be driving Lap Lamiz's ship right?

I'm sure if there were plenty of Meltrans hanging out on Earth, it would have assuaged all the angry Zentrans pissed off about having to do manual labor. I'm sure they would have been all down with making a little culture between them, right? Or did all the females get micronized and hook up with humans? Macking on newly culturalized Meltrans would be like hitting on junior college freshman girls, I would imagine. Easy pickings! Ha.

This should maybe be a newbie thread thing, and will soon be moved there if so, but either way I recall that there are a couple shown in scenes of the civilian Zentradi on Earth. They're a little easy to miss since those purple jumpsuits they all wear are a bit sexless and they're mostly in the background. One possible explanation is that there were fewer of them simply because the subset of the Zentradi that allied with Earth was mostly male. Laplamiz's fleet seemed to be the only female one under Britai's command, and it seemed a distinct minority of those.

Since the Megaroad disappeared shortly after leaving Earth, how do we know that Hikaru and Misa married and had a child...was this "reported" before they lost contact w/ Earth? Did this take place before they left Earth? Is this event depicted in any mediuim or just part of the accepted official timeline. Thanks.

Since the Megaroad disappeared shortly after leaving Earth, how do we know that Hikaru and Misa married and had a child...was this "reported" before they lost contact w/ Earth? Did this take place before they left Earth? Is this event depicted in any mediuim or just part of the accepted official timeline. Thanks.

Megaroad-01 lost communcation with Earth four years later. For everything else there is the Macross Compendium.

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/2012

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/2013

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/2016

Where's
from? It sounds a bit different from the normal opening.

The guys voice does seem a bit different. Maybe its from one of those karaoke compilations that come out every now and again??

PERFECT MEMORY of course has that 'reconstruction period' illustration of Meltrandi pro swimsuit wrestling. (I kid you not...)

As long as it did not include info about Meltran using sheep as tampons. Sorry, sorry, very bad joke.

Taksraven

Why do they use music to fight in macross 7, what ever happened to bullets and missles?

Missiles, bullets and reaction weapons do squat to Protodevlin. Their bodies, the Evil Series (Eh-vil), are the ultimate WMD developed by the Protoculture. As the result of the weapons escalation of their civil war. One Protodevlin is able to destroy one Zentradi fleet.

Music or rather Song Energy turns them off. 500,000 years ago a group of Protoculture posessing Anima Spiritia sealed the Protodevlin at the 4th planet of the Varauta System.

The Protoculture is the ancestral or proginator race of Zentradi, Humans and Zolans. The Zentradi were their massed produced clone soldiers where as Humans and Zolans are their seeded races. The Protoculture do not do the fighting themselves but by proxy through their Zentradi soldiers and fleets.

The Protodevlin are energy creatures from another dimension. When the Protoculture used Super Dimension Organs for the Evil Series it tapped to that dimension for power. The Protodevlin took over the Evil Series bodies.

The Protodevlin could not exist in our plane of existence without Spiritia or lifeforce. The Protodevlin brainwashed both Protoculture and Zentradi creating the Supervision Army. The Macross was a Supervision gunship.

The Protodevlin rampage for Spiritia caused 85% of the Protoculture to die. Nearing extinction the Proculture factions had no choice but to join forces and recind their orders to Zentradi not to harm Protoculture. For there are Protoculture in the Protodevlin's Supervision Army. It was not until the Anima Spiritia came that the Protoculture won the war. But their numbers as such and the Zentradi which are no longer in their command ensured their extinction.

Song Energy can also help recover Protodevlin victims drained of their lifeforce and those under Protodevlin mind control.

As for the ending and conclusion watch Macross 7.

Edited by RedWolf

We know robo**** is multiple series combined together. But macross is the first part of that series so all this stuff like macross plus, M frontier, M 7, and so on are they branches out of the Macross saga from robo**** or completely different?

And if it's different then why is the PC from the Macross saga different from the macross everyone is talking about?

Also after you tell me why it's different what fuel do they use to power these mecha and ships and so on?

Also after you tell me why it's different what fuel do they use to power these mecha and ships and so on?

Sophisticated thermonuclear reaction engines.

Valkyries and ships engines are using thermonuclear reaction engines. Prior to the crash of the ASS-1 and its eventual reverse engineering there was a breakthrough in thermonuclear or fussion technology.

With the advent of Overtechnology, thermonuclear reaction engines and Reaction Weapons were developed.

Basically humans had the basics of the science and went to a more advanced avenues thanks to the Macross.

Edited by RedWolf

Sophisticated thermonuclear reaction engines.

Valkyries and ships engines are using thermonuclear reaction engines. Prior to the crash of the ASS-1 and its eventual reverse engineering there was a breakthrough in thermonuclear or fussion technology.

With the advent of Overtechnology, thermonuclear reaction engines and Reaction Weapons were developed.

Basically humans had the basics of the science and went to a more advanced avenues thanks to the Macross.

so when they say creation weapons they mean nuclear powered missile and guns?

We know robo**** is multiple series combined together. But macross is the first part of that series so all this stuff like macross plus, M frontier, M 7, and so on are they branches out of the Macross saga from robo**** or completely different?

Okay, first off, the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross TV series and the absolutely craptacular rewrite called the "Macross saga" of Robotech are NOT interchangeable. If you want to know more about the harebrained changes Harmony Gold made, there's a pinned thread about that. The rest of Macross is not related to Robotech in any way, shape, or form.

Nominally, the majority of the Macross shows are organized into a single universe and continuity centered around the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross TV series, though it also includes several canon video games and manga titles. The main Macross continuity stretches from 1999 to 2059, and includes Macross Zero, Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Macross: Flashback 2012, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross 7: the Galaxy is Calling Me!, Macross Dynamite 7, Macross Frontier (and its movie), the video games Macross M3, Macross Digital Mission VF-X, and Macross VF-X2, and the manga series Macross 7 Trash and Macross Dynamite 7: Mylene Beat. Additionally, the movie Macross: Do You Remember Love? is technically part of the continuity, but is a "movie within the universe" that debuted in 2031.

There is also an alternate universe continuity which is comprised of titles produced before Macross co-creator Shoji Kawamori's return to the franchise, which was the original ongoing continuity prior to the release of Macross Plus in 1994. The alternate universe continuity consists of the movie Macross: Do You Remember Love? (which is treated as the canon version of Space War 1), the 6-episode OVA Macross II: Lovers Again, and two canon video games... Macross 2036 and Macross: Eternal Love Song.

You may find this guide to the differences between Macross and Robotech helpful for the rest of your inquiries:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=228

And if it's different then why is the PC from the Macross saga different from the macross everyone is talking about?

In Macross, the Protoculture is the name of the galaxy's first sentient species, who established a sizable interstellar republic some 500,000 years ago, invented most of the advanced overtechnologies seen in the series, and created the Zentradi, the Meltrandi (AU only), the Protodeviln (main continuity only), and humanity for various reasons. Their whole civilization collapsed hundreds of thousands of years ago due to civil war and other causes (varies depending on which timeline you're talking about) and they're believed to be largely extinct.

In Robotech, "protoculture" is a borderline magical substance that makes no sense and obeys no physical law that is processed from an equally-inexplicable flower, and is used as fuel, food, and to plug the grievous plot holes left by trying to combine three unrelated anime shows (Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada) into a single series.

The mecha and ships of Macross are powered by thermonuclear reaction powerplants, a technology similar to nuclear fusion, but much more efficient and somewhat safer. It's one of many technologies reverse-engineered from the alien spaceship that crashed on South Ataria Island in 1999 (whether that's a Supervision Army gun destroyer or a Meltrandi gun destroyer depends on whether you're talking main timeline or alternate universe). Exactly what fuel they use is never specified, though it is mentioned that the fuel doesn't necessarily have to be nuclear material so presumably there are a multitude of fuels that can be used to run a thermonuclear reaction system.

so when they say creation weapons they mean nuclear powered missile and guns?

You meant "reaction" weapons, right?

"Reaction weapons" isn't applied to beam weapons like "reflex weapons" is to beam weapons in Robotech. In Macross, it initially refers to the weapons application of thermonuclear reaction technology (reaction weapons are to reaction engines what fusion bombs are to fusion reactors), and later also came to include pair-annihilation (antimatter) warheads.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Okay, first off, the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross TV series and the absolutely craptacular rewrite called the "Macross saga" of Robotech are NOT interchangeable. If you want to know more about the harebrained changes Harmony Gold made, there's a pinned thread about that. The rest of Macross is not related to Robotech in any way, shape, or form.

Nominally, the majority of the Macross shows are organized into a single universe and continuity centered around the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross TV series, though it also includes several canon video games and manga titles. The main Macross continuity stretches from 1999 to 2059, and includes Macross Zero, Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Macross: Flashback 2012, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross 7: the Galaxy is Calling Me!, Macross Dynamite 7, Macross Frontier (and its movie), the video games Macross M3, Macross Digital Mission VF-X, and Macross VF-X2, and the manga series Macross 7 Trash and Macross Dynamite 7: Mylene Beat. Additionally, the movie Macross: Do You Remember Love? is technically part of the continuity, but is a "movie within the universe" that debuted in 2031.

There is also an alternate universe continuity which is comprised of titles produced before Macross co-creator Shoji Kawamori's return to the franchise, which was the original ongoing continuity prior to the release of Macross Plus in 1994. The alternate universe continuity consists of the movie Macross: Do You Remember Love? (which is treated as the canon version of Space War 1), the 6-episode OVA Macross II: Lovers Again, and two canon video games... Macross 2036 and Macross: Eternal Love Song.

You may find this guide to the differences between Macross and Robotech helpful for the rest of your inquiries:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=228

In Macross, the Protoculture is the name of the galaxy's first sentient species, who established a sizable interstellar republic some 500,000 years ago, invented most of the advanced overtechnologies seen in the series, and created the Zentradi, the Meltrandi (AU only), the Protodeviln (main continuity only), and humanity for various reasons. Their whole civilization collapsed hundreds of thousands of years ago due to civil war and other causes (varies depending on which timeline you're talking about) and they're believed to be largely extinct.

In Robotech, "protoculture" is a borderline magical substance that makes no sense and obeys no physical law that is processed from an equally-inexplicable flower, and is used as fuel, food, and to plug the grievous plot holes left by trying to combine three unrelated anime shows (Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada) into a single series.

The mecha and ships of Macross are powered by thermonuclear reaction powerplants, a technology similar to nuclear fusion, but much more efficient and somewhat safer. It's one of many technologies reverse-engineered from the alien spaceship that crashed on South Ataria Island in 1999 (whether that's a Supervision Army gun destroyer or a Meltrandi gun destroyer depends on whether you're talking main timeline or alternate universe). Exactly what fuel they use is never specified, though it is mentioned that the fuel doesn't necessarily have to be nuclear material so presumably there are a multitude of fuels that can be used to run a thermonuclear reaction system.

Thanks, this cleared my concerns and or questions relating to the robotics and so on.

Was there ever any info about that Macross Galaxy fighter that sent the distress call at the end of ep 5?

Not to my knowledge. Fingers crossed that Macross Chronicle will mention it (so far, we've only seen Macross Galaxy, VF-27 and Ghost V9).

Was there ever any info about that Macross Galaxy fighter that sent the distress call at the end of ep 5?

Not that I'm aware of... it hasn't been covered in Macross Chronicle yet, and there's nothing on it in the Macross F Official Fan Book either. I dunno if any magazine articles have covered it though.

It seems like several years ago I saw a VF-1 cut-a-way like you see for aircraft reference books, with numbered parts and the whole deal. Was I dreaming or anyone recall what I was possibly recalling?

Without FAST packs, it'd be the one from TiAtS:M+

With FAST packs, it'd be the one from the poster that came with the Gold Book.

...But their numbers as such and the Zentradi which are no longer in their command ensured their extinction...

There is no definitive proof either way of this. As Seto has stated, it is "believed", but not yet proven either way in the produced or published Macross info.

We do know that by

PC 25000

Near annihilation of Protoculture.

the majority of the PC civilization was gone.

Npt sure if this is the right thread but waqs wondering if anyone has a screenshot of the "dark bird" from SDFM episode 5, only images i can find are from Mr March's excellant site.

Images of the viking from M zero would be cool to have aswell.

If i knew at what point this can be seen in episode 5 ill be able to grab the screenshot, i simply can't find it.

Edited by evirus

Obviously macross super dimensional fortress is first, but after that chronologically what are the series in order. Not from when they were created but when each one takes place.

Obviously macross super dimensional fortress is first, but after that chronologically what are the series in order. Not from when they were created but when each one takes place.

A warning: DO NOT WATCH THEM IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. Flashback 2012 will spoil Do You Remember Love for you, and Macross Zero will be even more puzzling that it otherwise would be. WATCH THEM IN PRODUCTION ORDER, AND YOU'LL BE MUCH HAPPIER.

A warning: DO NOT WATCH THEM IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. Never mind I know the chronological order now.
Edited by shadow strikers