Newbie Questions on Macross

I'm not aware of any official publication that actually gives the deck plans and interior layouts for the SDF-1 Macross in its pre- or post-refit form. Macross: Perfect Memory and Macross Chronicle have given interior layouts for a few areas of the ship, but the only notable bits are a bridge layout and a largely unlabeled top-down view of part of the city. I think This is Animation #11: DYRL and/or the Gold Book have an image showing how part of the city is oriented inside one of the engine blocks, but that's about it.

Palladium Books and Dream Pod 9 concocted an interior layout for the Macross II-era SDF-1 Macross as part of one the supplementary materials books for Palladium's Macross II role-playing game. Naturally it's completely unofficial, but if you want to give it a look it's in Macross II: Deck Plans Volume 3.

As always, your are the Bible regarding all things Macross Seto. ^_^ Where I can get that Macross II ?

"Macross Special Preview" has a break down of the interior sections of the ship, as well as a side view of one of the multi-layered city sections in one of the legs.

Never hear about that book before. I made some researches on the Internet and I found nothing worth mentioning regarding that publication.

Never hear about that book before. I made some researches on the Internet and I found nothing worth mentioning regarding that publication.

Well its Seto's passion, so if there is some obscure book or reference to Mac II, he'll either have it or know about it... B))

Everything regarding the inside of the SDF-1 Macross from engineering to bridge plans is fine. Thanks for your help. :)

Yeah, unfortunately there's nothing official like that out there... at least, as far as I know. The only thing I'm aware of that fits the bill is that RPG supplement by Palladium and Dream Pod 9, but that's not really official or even remotely accurate. (It was, after all, written by the people who insisted the Macross Cannons were only 488m long... actual size is 6km)

As always, your are the Bible regarding all things Macross Seto. ^_^ Where I can get that Macross II ?

Considering they've been out of print since the mid-90's, they're actually easy to find. Most any online bookseller or auction site will have at least one copy for sale. Amazon's got 2 new and 6 used starting from $15, which isn't bad. I got mine from Alibris. Hell, they're up on Macrosshare and probably the iMacross servers too if you want to go that route (filed under Misc.).

Well its Seto's passion, so if there is some obscure book or reference to Mac II, he'll either have it or know about it... B))

I'm two books away from having every major Macross II resource ever printed... and those two books should be in reach very soon. ^_^

Considering they've been out of print since the mid-90's, they're actually easy to find. Most any online bookseller or auction site will have at least one copy for sale. Amazon's got 2 new and 6 used starting from $15, which isn't bad. I got mine from Alibris. Hell, they're up on Macrosshare and probably the iMacross servers too if you want to go that route (filed under Misc.).

Found a copy of Macross II RPG book on Macrosshare. Thanks Seto and all of you guys for your help. :)

I was laying in bed last night and peered over at my PC screen as it was shutting down and looked at my Klan wallpaper,and i wondered.. Is Klans genetic structure different from other zents? why is it that she goes loli when she micro's? Millia,and everyother zent in macross retain there same form and look as they shrink,but not Klan,is there some reason for this?? or is it just loli for the sake of loli.

I was laying in bed last night and peered over at my PC screen as it was shutting down and looked at my Klan wallpaper,and i wondered.. Is Klans genetic structure different from other zents? why is it that she goes loli when she micro's? Millia,and everyother zent in macross retain there same form and look as they shrink,but not Klan,is there some reason for this?? or is it just loli for the sake of loli.

Well, Michael did say in episode 4 that Klan's genes are messed up...so I think there's your answer.

Well, Michael did say in episode 4 that Klan's genes are messed up...so I think there's your answer.

Genetic anomaly is the description I've heard on written circles. She must have had a heck of a time getting dates with Miclones....

Genetic anomaly is the description I've heard on written circles. She must have had a heck of a time getting dates with Miclones....

Especially non lolicon one's. I have a quick question. When Alto severed the Vajra Queen's head, would it grow back? Or is she permently decapitated?

Plus the fact Klan was born a giant to begin with. Thing is Klan is third or fourth generation Zentradi. She's not exactly genetically engineered like the first generation who joined the humans.

We know half breeds like Emillia have the option of macronizing. In Moaramia's case she's a full blooded born Zentradi. When she was six Max and Milia micloned her for adoption.

Also we know from Millia that Zentradi aging is a bit wonky. She hardly aged in the 35 years she's been with Max.

While Klan's age is 21 the miclone chamber may read her genes as a 10 year old.

Plus the fact Klan was born a giant to begin with. Thing is Klan is third or fourth generation Zentradi. She's not exactly genetically engineered like the first generation who joined the humans.

We know half breeds like Emillia have the option of macronizing. In Moaramia's case she's a full blooded born Zentradi. When she was six Max and Milia micloned her for adoption.

Also we know from Millia that Zentradi aging is a bit wonky. She hardly aged in the 35 years she's been with Max.

While Klan's age is 21 the miclone chamber may read her genes as a 10 year old.

Just to add on to that, Max also barely aged in 35 years, but the reason for that was explained by one of the show runners as an effect of him being a 'genius'. Can't argue with that, lol.

Just to add on to that, Max also barely aged in 35 years, but the reason for that was explained by one of the show runners as an effect of him being a 'genius'. Can't argue with that, lol.

Either that or Max was adventurous enough to try a miclone chamber and it spitted him out stuck at that age.

Dammit he was in his 50's and he's still making bridge bunnies swoon.

Speaking of Bridge bunnies does anybody know of Macross M3 bridge operator names?

Lol, I love how they played with all the "genius" aspect of the character.

Speaking of Max, does anyone know what his exact rank was in Macross 7?? Everyone refered to him as Captain throughout the series, but I cant help thinking that someone in command of an entire convoy would be at least a Rear Admiral? Or did I just miss it?

His rank was Colonel. Unfortunately even if Max was fleet commander he couldn't pull rank easily.

This was shown with that ass Colonel Barton. Another in Macross 7 Trash is Colonel Bacelon.

On the other hand Kim Kibirov the only SDF-1 Macross bridge bunny who didn't get married and stayed in the military.

Her rank as of 2059 is Lieutenant General. In command of the Macross 13 Earth Defense Fleet. Macross 13 is not an emmigration fleet but a branch that deals with internal and external threats.

Macross 13 is also the designation for Battle 13. Presumably just like Battle 7 it got replaced.

I have a quick question. When Alto severed the Vajra Queen's head, would it grow back? Or is she permently decapitated?

As a great doctor once said, "she's dead Jim".

Speaking of Max, does anyone know what his exact rank was in Macross 7?? Everyone refered to him as Captain throughout the series, but I cant help thinking that someone in command of an entire convoy would be at least a Rear Admiral? Or did I just miss it?

He is captain, or the "skipper" of Macross 7, as in his position on the bridge. His rank is "Colonel". Just as Global's rank was Brigadier General, his position on SDF-1's bridge is "captain".

Wait...wsn't the whole point that Vajra's brains are in the bellies, so Alto could kill Grace without killing the Queen...?

I meant Grace. Heck if I know if it will grow back. I don't think we've seen Vajra stay alive that long after losing their heads.

Or maybe they banned it, like cybernetic implants.

It is interesting that here that cloning was banned after hereditary diseases started croping up.

Perhaps the Protoculture wasn't just being pricks in ordering their Zentradi cannon fodder males and females to segragate. Lowering the posibility of Zentradi children being born.

Several generations down the line cases like Klan crop up. Genetic defects become apparent.

It is interesting that here that cloning was banned after hereditary diseases started croping up.

Perhaps the Protoculture wasn't just being pricks in ordering their Zentradi cannon fodder males and females to segragate. Lowering the posibility of Zentradi children being born.

Several generations down the line cases like Klan crop up. Genetic defects become apparent.

Not to mention maintain social control over the Zentradi

Ive been out of the loop for a tad, so just so I understand:

The movie coming out is like the Macross Plus movie right? Same again but shorter and a bit different?

:blink: 1995 came by looking for you. Left some "Missing" flyers with your name on it.

The movie that is coming out is for Macross Frontier.

The movie coming out is like the Macross Plus movie right? Same again but shorter and a bit different?

Looks like it's going to be somewhere between Plus and DYRL...not as much changed as that latter, but not as close as the former.

Well the first movie appears to be an alternate take to the first seven episodes.

Second movie we don't know.

It's "Sagittarius 9PM Don't be late," kind of. It's the music that was playing when Sheryl was rehearsing for one of her concerts.

:huh:

Have I just spied a subtle reference to Haruhi Suzumiya (surely it couldn't be the other way around, since Macross Frontier came AFTER season 1 of Haruhi)... or.... what does Sagittarius mean in Japanese? And is it the same word as in the video game that SOS brigade plays - Day of Sagittarius?

Pete