New 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru Pictures

Graham

While I didn't get a 1/48 Hikaru VF-1A, I may get this one.

Transformers fans may grap this one for them to repaint/convert into Jetfire, making such a custom much easier. ;)

Well....

Since, like Weasledancer I already made my own... and I'll still buy this one for the improvements... what to do, what to do?

Looks like I'll have to pick up another Max if I can find one on sale and make a 1S for him...

...or go the easy route and drop a recast TV Hikaru pilot from the upcoming 1J and make a TV 1S.

hmm... I will have to add another set of fast packs to the ones I preordered though...

Sucks about the panel lines and the hands... but they could make me happier by casting Hikaru in the rubbery material that they used for the Low-vis. That would at least be something... THen again, don't really know how that stuff will age either...

Just for my info, what improvements over the original 1A (beyond the head...) are included with this?

Well obviously there will be the improved nosecone and flaps, first introduced on the Max 1/48.

I'm sure we'll also see the improved 90 degree capable elbow joint, and redesigned easier opening front landing gear doors introduced on the Low-Vis as well.

I'm not sure what other improvements we will see, if any. I was hoping for painted panel lines and optional swapable hands, but it doesn't seem like we are getting those.

Graham

Yeah, all the improvements that the low viz valk enjoyed: nose cone, flaps, 90 degree elbow bend and the nose geard doors. ;)

But regarding the panel lines on this one, it would not be consistent with the other DYRL Valks. Panel lines on the low viz is enough. B)

Hey, we're supposed to be grateful Yamato changed the shirt on the valk! They're not likely to redo the head before they recup the cost from making enough variants. Folks who already like the 1S and are willing to overlook the problem will definitely consider buying it. Others like me will wait for the 1J.

Hey, we're supposed to be grateful Yamato changed the shirt on the valk! They're not likely to redo the head before they recup the cost from making enough variants. Folks who already like the 1S and are willing to overlook the problem will definitely consider buying it. Others like me will wait for the 1J.

I'm considering buying it.... and the ugly seam line stood out as an sore thumb when I got the 1s.... so bad... I gave it aways because I wasn't sure anyone would buy something so ugly. <_<

There's still time to hope a TV Hikaru VF-1S will come after the 1J, complete with TV style FPs and an improved head. They could work on it now thru the release of the M&M 1Js (does anyone think Yamato will pass on up those variants?) sometime in 2004.

Hey Graham.

I guess the chances are slim to none that the Hikaru VF-1S might come as a gift set with the Fast packs, right?

:lol:

Graham mentioned that (at the moment) Big West has NO plans for a boxset (VF-1S + Fast Packs) for the 20th Anniversary for DYRL.

They could work on it now thru the release of the M&M 1Js (does anyone think Yamato will pass on up those variants?) sometime in 2004.

damn! then that would mean M&M TV style Fast packs, sold separately!!! :huh:

damn you Yamato!!!

Not necessarily - they could release them like the 1/60 Super Valks. TV-style armor would be an exclusive to those valks only.

Enough with the head seam aleady. That dead horse has been beaten beyond recognition.

I will probably pass on this one. It's cool but nothing new. If they offered it at the same time as the VF-1A Hikaru, I might of got one instead.

Hmm.  I guess I won't be in such a big rush to grab a Hikaru 1A then.  I'll just pick this one up.  I'm still waiting to pick up my first 1/48.

I'm in the same situation. I WAS going to get a Low Viz for my birthday, but it's the ont thing I DIDN'T get! So it looks like I'll be getting a Hikaru 1S, or maybe the 1J when it comes out. Wouldn't it be awesome if the 1J came with GBP?

Edited by Commander McBride

Damn they didn't change the head... but I wasn't expecting them too. And if we get a Max-1S, it will have it too... Why oh why didn't they sculpt it in front/back halves (like the 1/60) instead of left/right?

Lack of panel lines doesn't really bother me, though. Otherwise sounds like the Roy -1S minus the numerous problems with Max/Low-Viz improvements. I'm probably game if I can find a good deal...

:o

Cool!

Finally, this is gonna be my first 1/48...

At last!!! :D

But... how much do we have to wait?? :(

BTW, thanks a lot for the pics, Graham!!

Maybe it´s time I pick up this 1/48 , but I´ll wait until a GBP armour set is announced if it´s sold separately I may also buy a Low-vis as well(mainly because of the improvements and pilot). Who knows , I definetivley wait some more time to see what happens.

There's still time to hope a TV Hikaru VF-1S will come after the 1J, complete with TV style FPs and an improved head. They could work on it now thru the release of the M&M 1Js (does anyone think Yamato will pass on up those variants?) sometime in 2004.

Hi Drifand,

How does a TV Hikaru VF-1S look liked? I forgotten how it looks like as its being a long time since i watched the Dyrl or TV series since young. Some changes i would love to see over the former release, deeper tone of red on the heat shield and stripes as the first release red looks abit pinkish red, seam along the S head minimised, same quality as that of Max 1A and Low Vis and the same light grey/white base mold as the Max 1A. Hope that Yamato do takes into consideration of these suggestions. I would die a happy collector, err touch wood, woudnt want to die too early as i want to collect and buy more macross toys :p

Cheers

:ph34r::D

Edited by recon

The 1/48 Hikaru Strike looks great indeed, but I already have the 1A Hikaru, so if I invest in another 1/48 I would want it to be a different paint scheme, like the low-vis or a CF. Millia would be great as the red scheme is one of my favorites, but by principal you kind of have to get Max too. The 1/60's will do for me on the others. I do wish the Hikaru Strike would come in that scale, too.