sv-51

arrow

which sv-51 is the best to get? the one with the no problems.

I like the ivanov color the best, but i'll just get the one with the best quality control&improvements.

was the manufacturing order- ivanov, nora then the tan?

here's a noob question which I could find out if I had the time to trawl thru 1000 pages of the sv-51 thread (been away for the last 3 months working my nuts off) - what's the difference if any between the SV-51r and the upcoming SV-51y? Just a slight retooling and QC fixes?

The SV-51 did got reissued, some of the fixes were:

1) Correct hinge joint for left/right wings

2) tighter joints for wings/legs/arms and pegs where the payload and arnaments get fixed to

3) Clear canopy as compared to the first version which is abit foggy.

What?? Oh, man, that's the first I've heard of this! OK, time to save up and get an Ivanov in July, whoohoo! I've wanted an SV-51 toy even since before the VF-0 came out, but I didn't want any first edition hiccups nor stupid colours. Unless they announce some cool low-viz scheme or something, I'll be grabbing that re-issue, then.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the SV-51 (the reissue) and on my SECOND transformation to Battroid, this happened:

It's not even a joint! The bar holding the two halves of the thigh snapped and they broke apart. No idea how this happened, I put no pressure anywhere near it.

Has there been any issues like this before? Graham?

Since it's not a joint, I just superglued it together. I'm gonna leave it to dry now. Sigh..... <_<

post-1318-1214787130_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1214787145_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1214787160_thumb.jpg

I got the SV-51 (the reissue) and on my SECOND transformation to Battroid, this happened:

It's not even a joint! The bar holding the two halves of the thigh snapped and they broke apart. No idea how this happened, I put no pressure anywhere near it.

Has there been any issues like this before? Graham?

Since it's not a joint, I just superglued it together. I'm gonna leave it to dry now. Sigh..... <_<

Thats new to me. I have all 3 of the sv-51's and the only issues I've had was that the Ivanov's Missile hard points were a little loose which allowed the missiles to fall off rather easily, but a little super glue could fix this.

OK, it gets better.

I've been trying to phone the retailer for two days, it seems like the number is no longer being used even though it was on the invoice and the website.

Then I phoned Yamato yesterday, and some random guy answered.

Guy: "Yeah?"

Me: "Er... Is this Yamato?"

Guy: "Oh, yeah, yeah."

Me: "O....kay. Right, I bought an SV-51 from you a couple of days ag--"

Guy: "Ha-hang on..."

Me: "Ok..."

Hold music (Home on the Range)

Guy: "Hello?"

Me: "Yes?"

Guy: "Yeah. We're off today, so..."

Me: "Off??"

Guy: "Yeah, we don't work today."

Me (checking the customer service hours, which clearly say they DO work on Mondays): "Right... So, should I call tomorrow?"

Guy: "Yeah, yeah, tomorrow".

Me: "OK, then. Bye."

Guy: "Yeah".

That was yesterday.

So, today I call and explain the whole thing, but obviously I cannot physically show them the piece, so I'm having a hard time trying to convince them that it broke where I'm saying it did. They were like "I don't get it, that part is supposed to be held together by a screw. Unless the screw holding itself fell out, the two halves CANNOT separate. You can SEE the inside? How is this possible??". But I'm like "look, the thing broke from the inside. I can see, because the whole thing split!" They just couldn't get around it.

So they told me to send the whole thing and they'd send me another.

Same thing happened with MP Starscream, which came with parts missing.

It's funny, because last night I was looking at my mangled-up brand-new SV-51 worth 22,000 yen drawn across my desk and I turn my head in the other direction and see a flyer for prostitutes which came through my mailbox, with "10,000 yen for 90 minutes" written on it, and all I could think was "You know, I could really use my money more constructively..."

Hmm... are the reissued sv-51 ivanov's out already? because I sure havent heard ne thing about it... also from what I hear if it is indeed out I dunno if I wanna buy it now... seems like its got major QC issues out of the box... oh well can someone confirm this?

Hmmmm, My Sv-51 (bought it in Tokyo in April, no idea what release) it doesn't have anything I'd consider major wrong with it. the wings are little looser than I'd like and one of the hardpoints doesn't hold so well but overall its got nothing big enough to make me want to swap it for a Nora or CF. I saw both the Ivanov and Nora side by side and took my chances with the Ivanov cause it looked so much more sinister, so far no regrets.

Edited by lord_zed

Let's see. I would say go with the Nora. It has no defects what so ever. Nice tight joints, tight hardpoints, excellent paint application, great color, etc.

The Ivanon is sinister, but boring. Plus the only way you can be sure to get an almost flawless SV-51 is to get a V.2 or V.3

The CF is like the Ivanov, lackluster. But this little vulture is loose and can barely stand up. Missles fall off and the nothing locks well into place. The gunpod and cartridge do not interlock well.

Take this with a grain of salt, but definitely look into the Nora.

My own Nora had slightly wiggly wings, the right side definitely droops a tad in comparison to the left, and her hips aren't exactly the tightest in the world (rawr? No, no, that's definitely not appropriate), but for the most part it's still pretty solidly assembled.

Visually I'd say it's nicer looking than both the Ivanov and the CF, though, fixes or not, simply because it's so different (and it's not an unpleasant difference). How many Magenta fighters will you have in your collection, vs. yet-another-charcoal-grey?

Pink, spiked dildos aren't my thing, so I skipped the Nora, and the CF just looks like a naked pope. Ivanov it was. Would've been nice to see some blue-grey non-canon schemes.

I had the reissue, so yes, they are out. Aside from the aforementioned problems I encountered, also the hardpoints were REALLY tight. And I mean, I really struggled to attach the missile, and when I managed to get it in, a stress mark appeared around the hardpoint.

In fact, I didn't even finish attaching them when the whole thing fell apart, so I never took most of the missiles or stand out the box.

I'll get my replacement soon so I will report any issues with the next one.

It's funny, because last night I was looking at my mangled-up brand-new SV-51 worth 22,000 yen drawn across my desk and I turn my head in the other direction and see a flyer for prostitutes which came through my mailbox, with "10,000 yen for 90 minutes" written on it, and all I could think was "You know, I could really use my money more constructively..."

Oh, ta very much. That actually caused me to spit tea all over my screen. And it's my office's computer.

Btw, you get those through your mail-box?!

Hm. Yammer-Toe or C@mel-Toe.

Either way your spending your money on plastic creations with QC issues.

Edited by Alex

Looks more intimidating than nora's imo.

It's like a batman valkyrie.

I think the Nora is pretty sinister.....but for all the wrong reasons.

For those in the know, there's a 35+ year old comedy-drama in the UK called "Last of the Summer Wine" about a group of old-age pensioners living in a small village in Yorkshire in the UK. (longest running sitcom in the world actually)

One of the characters is this cantancerous old woman called Nora Batty.

because of that character, my nickname for my 51 is the "NORA BATTROID"

All I need now is a Compo-0A

Edited by Alex

My own Nora had slightly wiggly wings, the right side definitely droops a tad in comparison to the left, and her hips aren't exactly the tightest in the world (rawr? No, no, that's definitely not appropriate), but for the most part it's still pretty solidly assembled.

Visually I'd say it's nicer looking than both the Ivanov and the CF, though, fixes or not, simply because it's so different (and it's not an unpleasant difference). How many Magenta fighters will you have in your collection, vs. yet-another-charcoal-grey?

theres a swich under the wing for the SV-51 so try moving it to lock the wings

just a quick question on the sv-51-- does the outer main wing of the sv-51 swing up or down or either way?

I was in the store & asked someone to open up the sv-51 in the box that was on sale. And, while the clerk was opening it the outer main wing swung up.

just a quick question on the sv-51-- does the outer main wing of the sv-51 swing up or down or either way?

I was in the store & asked someone to open up the sv-51 in the box that was on sale. And, while the clerk was opening it the outer main wing swung up.

The whole wing swings up, the outer half swings down. So it can do high-speed mode. (and transform). Kind of makes an "M" when viewed from the front. Also known as gull-wings.