Macross Frontier Girls Part 2

Vinnie

This is a poll up to episode 10, will post again in another 5 episodes.  

276 members have voted

1. 1. This Frontier Girl is my favorite so far....

• Sheryl Nome
    • Klan Klan
    • Ranka Lee
    • Nanase Matsuura
    • Cathy Glass
    • Nene Rora
    • Raramia Rerenia
    • Monica Lange
    • Mina Roshan
    • Grace O'Connor
    • Kanaria Berstein
    • Ram Hoa
    • All of the above one at a time again, just to be sure.
    • All the Zentraedi Babes (Pixie Sq) at once!
    • None of the above.
    • Dude these are cartoon characters. You guys are sick!
    • Still not sure.

the difference being...? ;)

Most people don't choose to be enslaved whereas marriage is usually voluntary.

The only question now is who's dumber, the slave or the spouse. :ph34r:

Edited by d3v

Nanase will end up being with Ozma.

Mark my word :) As uncanny as it sounds - think about it - they would be perfect together :)

VFTF1

How old is Ozma? Isn't he in his late 20's? I can't tell. Isn't Nanase in high school? If they ended up together that would be statutory...uh, nevermind.

Edited by shogun029

My vote was for Sheryl. I didn't get to see the de-culture episode until last month, so I didn't have the 5 months to dislike her as a character as alot of other people did. :D

However, as a fan of anime for over 20+ years, I've gotten tired of all the moe characters that have won over the years. Being that I'm almost 30, I do like the more mature acting females(alot of the games I play, I go for the nurses/teachers/sempais first).

The fact that Sheryl makes an effort to know things about Alto, and try and relate to him in someway, are golden scenes for me. Ranka unfortunately, is too engrossed in herself to make that kind of impression at this point in the story.

Nanase and Klein Klein are a close 2-3 for me.

I gotta put my vote in for sheryl too... like i said in another thread she reminds me of an ex I lost due to my own immaturity 15 years ago, and I still beat myself up for it to this day. honestly, the personality resemblance is uncanny.

How old is Ozma? Isn't he in his late 20's? I can't tell. Isn't Nanase in high school? If they ended up together that would be statutory...uh, nevermind.

If the Radio Macross numbers were right then Ozma is 27 and Bobby is 28.

that all depends on what the age of consent on frontier is... :p

28, Bobby is simply waiting a year to propose to Ozma... :lol:

Just kidding, for a society that was brought back from the brink of extermination, I have a feeling that the age of consent in general throughout post SW1 society is relatively young.

28, Bobby is simply waiting a year to propose to Ozma... :lol:

Just kidding, for a society that was brought back from the brink of extermination, I have a feeling that the age of consent in general throughout post SW1 society is relatively young.

hmm.. makes one wonder. most of the age of consent laws are at least in part inspired by adherence to religious rules. somehow I doubt that more than a *very* few of earth's religions survived SW1 - and the 3 Big Ones of the West/middle east are not on my short list of likely survivors (they would have a near impossible task trying to adapt to the reality of sentient extraterrestrial life on such a large scale).

hmm.. makes one wonder. most of the age of consent laws are at least in part inspired by adherence to religious rules. somehow I doubt that more than a *very* few of earth's religions survived SW1 - and the 3 Big Ones of the West/middle east are not on my short list of likely survivors (they would have a near impossible task trying to adapt to the reality of sentient extraterrestrial life on such a large scale).

well, at least we know christianity survived, given that christmas episode (romanesque?) in SDFM. :)

as far as age of consent goes, the fact that "sleeping with" mico klan klan would still be an issue, it looks like there's still at least a reasonable line that can't be crossed.

Nanase will end up being with Ozma.

Mark my word :) As uncanny as it sounds - think about it - they would be perfect together :)

VFTF1

Well, Ozma loves riding bulky valkyrie (full armored VF-25), and Nanase is quite bulky IMHO :lol:

Edited by Morpheus

And Hikaru crosses himself after Kakizaki dies...

It was Max that did the sign of the cross. One of the things that impressed me was that he actually did it it correctly. So many times have I seen anime characters do it backwards!

It was Max that did the sign of the cross. One of the things that impressed me was that he actually did it it correctly. So many times have I seen anime characters do it backwards!

You could be right, I suppose...but the scene's in black and white, and you can't see the character's face...I always assumed it was Hikaru because he had just been speaking. How do you know it was Max?

Unless this love triangle has a strong swing back to Sheryl in Episode 15, I imagine the next time I post this poll, we should be seeing some better numbers for Ranka. Unless, my girl takes this turn of events rather poorly, I imagine I'll be sticking with her to the end though. :)

Unless this love triangle has a strong swing back to Sheryl in Episode 15, I imagine the next time I post this poll, we should be seeing some better numbers for Ranka. Unless, my girl takes this turn of events rather poorly, I imagine I'll be sticking with her to the end though. :)

Well, this is the time for Alto and Ranka to be along as Macross always isolates the characters that get together for some alone time that separates the triangle.

I agree that Ranka's numbers will go up but I don't think it will be at the expense of Sheryl's numbers. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Sheryl's % went up next poll if they keep the episode 12 angle going for her.

I agree that Ranka's numbers will go up but I don't think it will be at the expense of Sheryl's numbers. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Sheryl's % went up next poll if they keep the episode 12 angle going for her.

Unless Sheryl pulls a TV series Minmei, which has an almost 0% chance of happening, I don't see her popularity dropping very much either. Maybe she'll get less than 50% of the vote in the next poll, but I don't see that happening either. :lol:

Anyone notice that in some scenes, especially emotional ones, Sheryl's hair is pinker than usual? Now, is this simply the animators playing with the lighting, or could it be an ability of hers (she's secretly also quarter Zentran, the gene for the ears was simply repressed)? :blink:

Anyone notice that in some scenes, especially emotional ones, Sheryl's hair is pinker than usual? Now, is this simply the animators playing with the lighting, or could it be an ability of hers (she's secretly also quarter Zentran, the gene for the ears was simply repressed)? :blink:

Maybe it's hair changing color implants. :) She's from the Galaxy fleet.

as for Fire Bomber - she enjoyed everything except Totsugeki Love Heart; which she claims sounds "violent" (which it totally isn't - but if you realize that she's into soft rock and Jazz then you could kind of see how Totsugeki Love Heart's fast pace would sound "violent")...

you need to play the accoustic version of Totsugeki love heart that was played at the finale of 7,

isn't she a strawberry blonde?

well, at least we know christianity survived, given that christmas episode (romanesque?) in SDFM. :)

as far as age of consent goes, the fact that "sleeping with" mico klan klan would still be an issue, it looks like there's still at least a reasonable line that can't be crossed.

You would be surprise that the age of consent in mostly Christian countries is between ages 13 - 16

And Hikaru crosses himself after Kakizaki dies...

It seems it was Max.

edit: forgot the image file.

post-1955-1214951664_thumb.jpg

Edited by RichterX

There's always a sunset to be had in her more emotional and vulnerable scenes. It's as if the heavens themselves wish to illuminate her inner beauty. :lol:

It's not just her hair, but her eyes as well, which range from azure to jade. Unlike her hair, which seems to consistantly follow a set of lighting rules (blonde under direct light, pink in the shade), her eyes seem to vary based on the scene. During her first kiss with Alto, for example, they're a dark shade of green, which with the pink, adds a softness to her expression. However, when she struggles out of bed to help Alto get his present, her eyes are an dark blue, which adds an earnest intensity to her expression.

You could be on the right track, though. Maybe it's a result of her unusual blood type. ;)