Fanart from Frontier

s-girl

• 2 weeks later...
Another contribution to the "Sheryl" shippers.

Not exactly safe for work, so umm...here's the link... (NSFW)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/12...0_67_131358.png

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

The thing I love about this picture is I can imagine Sheryl doing a picture like that for Alto... :lol:

She's bold enough to do something like it...

The thing I love about this picture is I can imagine Sheryl doing a picture like that for Alto... :lol:

She's bold enough to do something like it...

You know what, I was thinking the same thing. That's exactly the kind of crazy thing Sheryl would do. She's like the crazy girls during the Stanley Cup playoffs in Calgary. Never seen so much boobage at once :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I posted, so paying homage to the recent episode 22 spoilers, I decided to do something for Sheryl's triumphant return to singing.

This is just 1 out of a series of Promo illustrations I'll be submitting when I have the time.

sherylreturnvy8.th.png

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

Edited by Ippiki Ookami

It's been awhile since I posted, so paying homage to the recent episode 22 spoilers, I decided to do something for Sheryl's triumphant return to singing.

This is just 1 out of a series of Promo illustrations I'll be submitting when I have the time.

sherylreturnjk9.th.png

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

WOW!!! That is REALLY GOOD!!!! Very nice job! ^_^

sherylreturnvy8.th.png

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

I love this one. Of course, i wish i was the mic. :lol:

Another contribution to the "Sheryl Cause".....enjoy!

gallery_7890_67_227055.jpg

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

Excellent work!

I'm a decent artist but I can't draw people all that well-- so I generally stick to cars and mecha.

Anyhow excellent work on that, I'd love to see what you can do with Michael and Klan or Luca and Nanase <3

One thing though, you have Alto smiling, that fool never grins about anything e_e

Woo. I'm now back fully online and can post stuff.

Here's a bit of a doodle after watching the last episode of Frontier ;)

f34bdef088a3611442afec0c2a24c71c.jpg

This is my favorite of your works so far, S-Girl. The loose sketch captures a sense of fluidity that is sometimes missing in finished pieces. The paintjob is, as usual, pretty impressive.

Thanks ChillyChe!

Keeping that sort of sketchy concept in mind, I'm playing with a new software now to digitally sketch... but finishe din my usual platform (painter).

XD___Sheryl_and_Alto_by_s_girl.jpg

Thought I"d agitate some AxR shippers into doodling.

Beautiful pics, indeed like those Korean Drama which I like ^_^ .

Ahahaha. Thank you. As someone who is Korean, I totally appreciate that XD

Your renditions of Alto always make him seem more available and approachable than he actually is. Make him seem like a nice, and likable guy.

Yeah, true. Definitely this is more fanart Alto than currently known Alto. -____-

(Then again Im convinced the anime Alto we have seen so far must not be human as he hasn't pounced on Sheryl yet.)

Considering that 85% of the boards here and other places drool over Sheryl, I'm wondering if Alto is just really dense or intentionally dense.

-_-

Yeah, I was thinking that no matter how stubborn Alto is, I find it hard to believe that a high-school boy would be that resistant to a hot girl's advances. Wait, a hot interstellar pop sensation's advances. Regardless of how the whole series will shake down, and what will happen to the triangle, it's pretty bizarre that homeboy hasn't chosen a girl yet.

One of the things that always struck me, from watching SDF, even when I was a kid and I was watching that other show that people here will yell at me for mentioning, was that Hikaru changes his mind. So often, shows present relationships as these epic YES OR NO things, instead of going for a sloppier, more nuanced approach. I respect SDF for being a little more realistic. I feel like, Alto has plenty of reasons for not getting involved with Ranka -- she seems young, she's his boss's little sister (big reason), there's a hot superstar interested in him. But he doesn't have many reasons for not getting involved with Sheryl -- she's bossy? It's a front, part of the superstar persona. She's pushy? Again. She's a flirt, and maybe he doesn't trust that she's not messing around with him? I dunno.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Frontier, but I feel like Alto's behavior is pretty unbelievable. It's very extreme. Either that or he's got such a fear of confrontation, that he won't make a decision one way or the other, because of what that will mean. He might play like he's this determined stoic pilot who only dreams of flying, but I suspect that he, much like Sheryl, is all about presenting a big front to the world.

Yeah, I was thinking that no matter how stubborn Alto is, I find it hard to believe that a high-school boy would be that resistant to a hot girl's advances. Wait, a hot interstellar pop sensation's advances. Regardless of how the whole series will shake down, and what will happen to the triangle, it's pretty bizarre that homeboy hasn't chosen a girl yet.

One of the things that always struck me, from watching SDF, even when I was a kid and I was watching that other show that people here will yell at me for mentioning, was that Hikaru changes his mind. So often, shows present relationships as these epic YES OR NO things, instead of going for a sloppier, more nuanced approach. I respect SDF for being a little more realistic. I feel like, Alto has plenty of reasons for not getting involved with Ranka -- she seems young, she's his boss's little sister (big reason), there's a hot superstar interested in him. But he doesn't have many reasons for not getting involved with Sheryl -- she's bossy? It's a front, part of the superstar persona. She's pushy? Again. She's a flirt, and maybe he doesn't trust that she's not messing around with him? I dunno.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Frontier, but I feel like Alto's behavior is pretty unbelievable. It's very extreme. Either that or he's got such a fear of confrontation, that he won't make a decision one way or the other, because of what that will mean. He might play like he's this determined stoic pilot who only dreams of flying, but I suspect that he, much like Sheryl, is all about presenting a big front to the world.

While this thread probably isn't the place to discuss this,

Alto seems to have the classic japanese anime problem of FEAR OF GETTING INVOLVED WITH GIRLS

In anime, the guy always has to be really picky and choosy and be almost fearful of getting involved with these women.

I dunno, if I were in Alto's position I would've nailed Sheryl a long time ago.

While Ranka may eventually profess her love to Alto, I am pretty sure it's probably not mutual. I think his hesitation to get involved has more to do with being fearful of whether or not Sheryl is serious about him because he's really afraid of being betrayed... he's also got the 'running away' problem going on, in a manner VERY reminiscent of Shinji Ikari and frankly, it's kind of annoying. That kind of behavior is to be expected and tolerated from a sexually-unsure, sadsack 14-year-old boy, but not a cocky "I'm so badass" pilot with confidence like Alto...

I dunno, his odd behavior around women just doesn't fit.

Maybe it's because he's been one XD

lol. it's okay. I attempted to start an "Alto" thread weeks ago and it died out. Maybe we should go back to that thread and speculate? But I agree that Alto's cluelessness is not completely 100%. I think he doesn't want to see what he's seen.

Either that or he's been intentionally handled this way by the writers to draw out (until the bitter end) the question of "who to choose" in classic anime tradition so we all hang in there speculating our brains about.

But yes... back to the fanart. I'ma ttempting to draw Alto singing in very terrible idol fashion. We'll see how that one works ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Renzus!

The scan isn't good... the colors are actually not so washed out but ehhhh... I guess until I get a new scanner or figure out how to tweak the pictures better, I'll just have to say "take my word for it."

Another colored scribble. Not feeling up to doing fully painted works yet for Macross. I think I'm leaning towards a massive group picture later, but only if the show doesn't piss me off in its final two episodes D:

Edit: This version is probably much better.

BW_KlanKlan_and_Michael_by_s_girl.jpg

Edited by s-girl

• 2 weeks later...

Man.... this be a sad thread.

Scan of Michael trading card I did this weekend while at a convention. Was rather fun working on a trading card size "paper"

AWA_Copics___Michael_from_MF_by_s_girl.jpg

There's also an Ozma copic sketch floating around out there, but the person I have given it to has not scsanned it yet for me....

The problem is (at least in the first few episodes) Alto seems caught between a child interested in him, and a narcissistic bitch he'd like to space out an airlock (from her "let normal people fend for themselves"-speech when ha asks her why not help other people get in her car to flee...) ect..

Initially he wants NEITHER of them! How this changes past ep6 IDK. He does start to seem nicer to Ranka by then (the mall ect..)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Renzus!

The scan isn't good... the colors are actually not so washed out but ehhhh... I guess until I get a new scanner or figure out how to tweak the pictures better, I'll just have to say "take my word for it."

Another colored scribble. Not feeling up to doing fully painted works yet for Macross. I think I'm leaning towards a massive group picture later, but only if the show doesn't piss me off in its final two episodes D:

Edit: This version is probably much better.

BW_KlanKlan_and_Michael_by_s_girl.jpg

Hahaha you did it again S-Girl...the michael got the xpresion to ^_^

maybe his uniform more detail will be okay hehehe..but don't mind it. It just my opinion, the decision is yours ^^