Fanart from Frontier

s-girl

Hm. I'm not sure what kind of fanworks are okay to be posted here, as I don't see much as far as drawing. But maybe I'm missing something, in which case, feel free to let me know where it should be moved.

I don't want to kill any bandwidth, so hopefully this thumbnail link will do and actually work. (BBcode is pretty alien to me) Basically this is the first finished piece I've done for Macross. I'm still learning the characters so hopefully will do more. Not sure exactly what yet though :)

ea2910abb212045dc2434128eb346e53.jpg

Edited by s-girl

If the thread was closed that means a break from posting images of that character. What are you doing here? You could pointed them in the direction that thread since stuff was still on it.

I don't think Kronnang posting that here is wrong, it is fanart of a character from Frontier and the topic is called Fanart from Frontier. He was just saying for reference that he posted it once before, the fact that the thread is closed was a side note.

• 4 weeks later...

Bah. Should I be adding to old threads or creating new ones? COnfused.

Anyways, copic colored ink drawing of Sheryl. I'm going to try to finish a digital version with the same lineart oh... in the next few hours :)

copics___Sheryl_from_Macross_by_s_girl.jpg

What would that consist of? Alto? hehehe.

Here's the digital version I am rushing to get ready to take with me to Expo :D

digital___Sheryl_Nome_by_s_girl.jpg

I think your digital coloring is gorgeous. I also really liked your hand drawn color job. The face is very pretty and delicate, and you've got a great grasp on the shadows and highlights. I also really liked the Alto picture. My one critique of your Sheryl picture is that she feels a bit static -- like, perhaps a bit stiff. Know what I'm saying? That said, I think it's a really good picture, I just kinda wanted to put a little constructive criticism, because I think you've got great talent.

I posted this in Animesuki's Macross forum so I guess I'll post it here as well.

Just some Sheryl and Alto for those who don't mind. Please excuse the crappiness...I was in a hurry :(

altoxsherylmemoriescopyru9.th.jpg

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

I think your digital coloring is gorgeous. I also really liked your hand drawn color job. The face is very pretty and delicate, and you've got a great grasp on the shadows and highlights. I also really liked the Alto picture. My one critique of your Sheryl picture is that she feels a bit static -- like, perhaps a bit stiff. Know what I'm saying? That said, I think it's a really good picture, I just kinda wanted to put a little constructive criticism, because I think you've got great talent.

Yes, I do appreciate the crit. It's something a few people have said with respect to some other pictures as well so you would definitely be on to an area that I need to find a way to address, whether it be starting with looser sketches...

And Ippiki - I am glad you're posting too... (and posting SherylxAlto to boot. hehehe)

Haven't found a lot of fellow SxA fans outside of here, so please post more >D

I posted this in Animesuki's Macross forum so I guess I'll post it here as well.

Just some Sheryl and Alto for those who don't mind. Please excuse the crappiness...I was in a hurry :(

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

You definitely have talent, keep it up your work is impressive it can really get you somewhere. ^_^

Just some more my cross-promoting fanart between Macross forums:

=========Original message from Animesuki===========

Phew! Survived my sister's wedding yesterday LOL!

And because of the lovey-dovey sappiness that roamed the wedding reception, it inspired me to create something just as sappy.

However this is more of my wishful thinking for the second Macross Frontier OST.

gallery_7890_67_378966.jpg

And yes, that VF-25 that you see in the background was just taken from the existing "Settei" that resides on the official Macross F website (got to lazy but perhaps next time, I'll actually illustrate some mecha).

Funny thing is that this series is seriously affecting my work projects LOL. My boss was wondering why my character designs are starting to look Sheryl and Alto....but hey...at least I influenced most of the office to watch the show hahahaha!

Should have some Sheryl and Alto doodles posted up soon.

===============

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

Edited by Ippiki Ookami

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

Wow! Nice!!! I can't imagine what your non-crap stuff would look like! :blink::)

Yes, I do appreciate the crit. It's something a few people have said with respect to some other pictures as well so you would definitely be on to an area that I need to find a way to address, whether it be starting with looser sketches...

Looser sketches may very well address that issue. One thing that I learned, actually very recently, by taking an art class (for the first time in years and years and years) is that the devil is in the details, but not in the way you might expect. When I focus on details, and outlines, I tend to lose the fluidity of a pose, so I've started really focusing on the gesture, with loose, rough lines, leaving out tons of detail, until the pose looks alive, then I go back in flesh out the picture. It's very counter to how I original learned, which was with outlines.

Again, I think that you've got a great handle on your coloring and shading and your faces are gorgeous. You also have a knack for portraying the clothing in a simple yet effective way. That's something I have yet to master. Just loosen those bodies up and you'll be posting art that will blow people away.

Funny thing is that this series is seriously affecting my work projects LOL. My boss was wondering why my character designs are starting to look Sheryl and Alto.

What do you do, professionally? Can we see some of your paid work?

What do you do, professionally? Can we see some of your paid work?

Some of my commissioned work can be found here at my partial portfolio site:

http://www.lw-concepts.com

And a few pieces of sketched out 'Settei" can be found at this company's blog site:

http://www.creampuffcafe.com/blog/

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

Edited by Ippiki Ookami

Another contribution to the "Sheryl" shippers.

Not exactly safe for work, so umm...here's the link... (NSFW)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/12...0_67_131358.png

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼

Edited by Ippiki Ookami

Another contribution to the "Sheryl Cause".....enjoy!

gallery_7890_67_227055.jpg

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼