Macross Frontier Plot Theories...

Yes - and this is also supported by the anime. Before anybody jumps out with "but in Episode 6, Sheryl said..."

Please think about this: In Episode 6, Sheryl gave her "I was a very lonely girl on Galaxy" story to Alto as a perfect cover for her true Honylicious identity.

See - obviously 'Sheryl' (a fictitious person) can't have any family or childhood history, and certainly she couldn't have been from a large household or had many friends - too many coconspirators would need to be involved to make it plausible in case anyone started checking her background.

So Agent G and NUNS instructed her to come up with the "lonely girl" story - and give it a "heart wrenching" twist of emotions - so that people who heard it would be very afraid to pry deeper and ask for specifics - because they would see that the whole episode is painful for her to discuss.

Thus, the perfect back story cover was originated.

Like I said - it all fits together.

VFTF1

YAK! De-CULCHA!! :o

Man, how could you?? How could i ever look at sheryl the same way again??! :p

as a side note, that must be some NASTY V-Virus strain if it can revert her back to honey. :wacko:

So the WTF-1 is...

The SDF-4 Global, flagship of the 117th Research Fleet.

I'm glad I was wrong about this SDF

(I thought it was the original Macross)

... It means

the Earth was spared

... ^_^

I believe

the SDF-4 was the only other Macross Class vessel constructed, while the rest were Megaroads. The 117the fleet used the Macross ship for Vajra research. The bugs feed on Superdimensional energy. That's why they built their nest there...

:ph34r:

So the WTF-1 is...

The SDF-4 Global, flagship of the 117th Research Fleet.

We don't know wether the Global uses the SDF designation at all. The ship is only refered to as the "04 Global" during the episode. While that might be its designation, its also the designation the Megaroad ships use. It could be that after SW1 the SDF designation was used interchangably between new Megaroads and Macross class vessels (with the Global and the original Macross we know there were now at least 2 completed) If so, that would make the Global one of the first new ships to be produced after SW1.

Makes me wonder if any more will be popping up. Probably not but who knows?

PS: Hello everyone, longtime-lurker-first-time poster here.

Can't be the SDF-4 Global, the Megaroad-03 SDF-4 was laid down in 2012, launching in 2014.

Too early to make that conclusion as I'd suspect more will be heard about the Global.

SDF is the classification number of the Macross Class and is also used in conjunction with the Megaroad fleets. How Kawamori reconciles the two hasn't been revealed yet (hopefully it will be in this series), since in the Deculture edition's cg graphic of the fleet movements both terms are used ("Megaroad 04, Super Dimension Fortress 3").

We'll have to wait and see if this is ever answered.

Something tells me for the next few episodes Macross Frontier fleet will be hunted by the Vajra.

Much like Macross 7 was hunted down by the Protodevlin.

Ohgathwai will appear with reinforcements later.

The 33rd Marines can't just have one ship.

Too early to make that conclusion as I'd suspect more will be heard about the Global.

SDF is the classification number of the Macross Class and is also used in conjunction with the Megaroad fleets. How Kawamori reconciles the two hasn't been revealed yet (hopefully it will be in this series), since in the Deculture edition's cg graphic of the fleet movements both terms are used ("Megaroad 04, Super Dimension Fortress 3").

We'll have to wait and see if this is ever answered.

Seeing as it's smaller than most of the ships on the UNS post Space War 1, it really doesn't make sense to call it a Super Dimension Fortress. Although, the UNS does use smaller ships later on (with only the Zentraedi ones being really large). Possibly due to the fact that they can pack alot of firepower into these smaller that size may have been seen as a disadvantage.

Seeing as it's smaller than most of the ships on the UNS post Space War 1, it really doesn't make sense to call it a Super Dimension Fortress. Although, the UNS does use smaller ships later on (with only the Zentraedi ones being really large). Possibly due to the fact that they can pack alot of firepower into these smaller that size may have been seen as a disadvantage.

As far as we can tell its of similar size to the original Macross class and the term Super Dimension Fortress refers to its Space Fold capability, not its size.

As far as we can tell its of similar size to the original Macross class and the term Super Dimension Fortress refers to its Space Fold capability, not its size.

Original Macross was probably one of the smaller ships of the UNS post SW1 since it's mostly made up of Britai's old fleet. As for space fold, wouldn't msot of their ships have fold capability anyway?

Original Macross was probably one of the smaller ships of the UNS post SW1 since it's mostly made up of Britai's old fleet. As for space fold, wouldn't most of their ships have fold capability anyway?

I would think post SW1 human ships would just be getting refits for space fold capability (Including a new fold system for the SDF-1) during the first dangerous years of UNS human/zentradi expansion.

EDIT:: Also, What in the heck is L.A.I involved in!?!?!?!

My own theory is that they are trying to summon the bulk of the Vajra fleet (Which Maybe larger then Gorg Bodolzaa's standard 4.7million Zentran/Meltran fleet) from god knows where, and use it to further some kind of twisted experiment, using this small Vajra fleet as some kind of bait or decoy force....

Edited by LordDremen

So now we can confirm that Ranka's parents worked with studying the Vajra, and maybe even used their daughter as a part of those experiments? Seems kinda cold hearted and messed up, unless of course they were trying to create a way to pacify them and gave her the ability to control/calm them down. That would be more parent-esq.

What if Leon is a double agent and his (failed) sabotage of Ranka's career was infact to protect her from Grace's faction?

Also somehow the history remembers me of a Star Trek:Voyager episode, where a Federation ship used the dead bodies of extra-dimensional aliens as fuel for the warp engine. And as a consequence the aliens start attacking the ship (and other federation ships -> Voyager) in swarms.

Leon is working for a different group of interest. While he sports a NUNS rank and works under the president, whose daughter he's shagging on off-work hours, he seems to be a toady to Mr. Viller or Birla.

But even I doubt he's loyal to Mr. Viller. He's too slimy and metrosexual to be any good.

Grace is playing everybody.

The government, NUNS, Zentradi, LAI, the Vajra.

To what end?

Given that Grace manipulated Mikhail's confidence I get the feeling Grace had something to do with the Friendly Fire incident which got Mikhail's sister court martialed.

Frontier is in deep space away from colonies who were they fighting?

So now we can confirm that Ranka's parents worked with studying the Vajra, and maybe even used their daughter as a part of those experiments? Seems kinda cold hearted and messed up, unless of course they were trying to create a way to pacify them and gave her the ability to control/calm them down. That would be more parent-esq.

Or perhaps, while they were experimenting on a Vajra queen, Ranka was singing in the lab and her voice/song-- whatever have you-- implanted onto the Queen and by extension her offspring.

Edited by ShadowValkyrie

Alien plot theory:

NUNS are trying to create a new line of valkyrie by using botechnology just like what the PC did with the EVIL series zentraedi, thus the 117th research fleet are assembled, to make the research. Their first creation by combining advancaed materials and remains of APHOS (alpha bombay blood) led to the creation of the Vajra queen. However somehow the Vajra gain sentience (just like the EVIL series Zentraedi) and wreack havoc on the 177th RF. The Global desperately made an emergency fold and crash to Galia. The survivor of the 117th RF are forsaken since the incident are kept hidden from public and the plan for revenge by using the Vajra to attack NUNS. Those are probably the 3rd faction, the one who are ordering Grace. Most of the 117th RF survivor now reside in Galaxy and they stole the Galaxy to do more Vajra research.

^_^

Alien plot theory:

NUNS are trying to create a new line of valkyrie by using botechnology just like what the PC did with the EVIL series zentraedi, thus the 117th research fleet are assembled, to make the research. Their first creation by combining advancaed materials and remains of APHOS (alpha bombay blood) led to the creation of the Vajra queen. However somehow the Vajra gain sentience (just like the EVIL series Zentraedi) and wreack havoc on the 177th RF. The Global desperately made an emergency fold and crash to Galia. The survivor of the 117th RF are forsaken since the incident are kept hidden from public and the plan for revenge by using the Vajra to attack NUNS. Those are probably the 3rd faction, the one who are ordering Grace. Most of the 117th RF survivor now reside in Galaxy and they stole the Galaxy to do more Vajra research.

^_^

alien resurrection plot theory:

NUNS is trying to create a new Minmei ("what's with this sharon apple and now galactic fairy stuff? we want the real deal!") by combining her DNA with vajra DNA, and they came up with Ranka. :)

alien resurrection plot theory:

NUNS is trying to create a new Minmei ("what's with this sharon apple and now galactic fairy stuff? we want the real deal!") by combining her DNA with vajra DNA, and they came up with Ranka. :)

wrong....Minmay DNA + Miriya DNA + Vajra DNA + VF-1S Strike FAST Pack schematic = Ranka ^_^

With the information revealed so far, this is what I think is the origin of the Vajra:

They aren't natural alien bugs. They were engineered to be the ultimate bioweapon by NUNS.

The official site describes the Hostile Vajra as being a mixture of different species.

So is very probable that their final hostile form was created at the 117th fleet by mixing at least 2 different types of D.N.A.:

1) Birdman/Dr. Mao Nome genes (Spirals, Folding, Weaponry, Energy Converting Armor).

2) Original Harmless Vajra genes (Reproduction Process, castes and basic Phenotype).

The Vajra carriers, The Vajra Mothership, the Large Vajra, the Small types... The Queen... They are all specialized types of the same species (think of ants... and Zerg). The one controlling all the classes is the Queen...

:ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

The official site describes the Hostile Vajra as being a mixture of different species.

So is very probable that their final hostile form was created at the 117th fleet by mixing at least 2 different types of D.N.A.:

Makes 'em sound even more Zerg-like to me. ^_^

Really? Because the official site only says "Mysterious extraterrestrial life forms."

Summarising my theories:

Grace is in league with LAI.

Bilra owns SMS. May own LAI as well. Bilra may be Grace and if not, she's in league with Bilra.

Bilra faction wants to start war with the Vajra to sell weapons. Manipulates Vajra to attack humans.

Vajra queen communicates with her soldiers through the Super Dimensional crystals. Ranka was a human experiment by her parents to explore human ability to communicate/control the Vajra. Bilra faction knows about it but treats it only as a hypothesis since its not proven and they're doing well manipulating the Vajra without controlling them.

The Galaxy fleet is held hostage by Bilra faction.

V-type virus??? A virus that infects lower life forms to become a node for "mind control"...hence Vajra.

Too much of this doesn't add up to me:

1) If LAI is in league with Grace why would the son of a prominent member be placed directly in the path of peril (Luca's position as a member of SMS).

2) The Vajra are an established threat and hence, weapons are needed to remain secure against them. Think of it like the Cold War. Just because the US and USSR weren't actively coming to blow doesn't mean there wasn't a very real and heated arms race being undergone. You would think that even without the Vajra attacking en masse the humans would be buying weapons to defend themselves.

3) Grace has access to a small squadron of VF-27s which means there's some for of NUNS affiliation in all of this as well.

EDIT - also, on the V-Virus, the Vajra are clearly specifically engineered to be controlled in whatever manner they are controlled so I don't think we'll find the V-Virus being something that leads to mind control.

Edited by jenius

1. Vajra is a failed experiment by NUNS as a bioweapon.

2. Ranka is the key in controlling/understanding Vajra

3. Vajra is being controlled by other being (*not the queen)

-------------------------------------------------------

Cant think of something..

Too much of this doesn't add up to me:

1) If LAI is in league with Grace why would the son of a prominent member be placed directly in the path of peril (Luca's position as a member of SMS).

2) The Vajra are an established threat and hence, weapons are needed to remain secure against them. Think of it like the Cold War. Just because the US and USSR weren't actively coming to blow doesn't mean there wasn't a very real and heated arms race being undergone. You would think that even without the Vajra attacking en masse the humans would be buying weapons to defend themselves.

3) Grace has access to a small squadron of VF-27s which means there's some for of NUNS affiliation in all of this as well.

EDIT - also, on the V-Virus, the Vajra are clearly specifically engineered to be controlled in whatever manner they are controlled so I don't think we'll find the V-Virus being something that leads to mind control.

1.) Luca may be in league with Bilra as well....hence his "pep-talk" with Leon. But he cares for his friends more.

2.)Sure they buy weapons. Weapons like cannon fodder VF-117s and tanks? Clearly the NUNs are downplaying the situation and need to be "promoted" to the idea that they require Vajra killers like the VF-27 and Dimension Eaters. Hence the events of ep 14.

3.) Probably just Leon....or dissent within NUNs.

4.) We know almost nothing about V-virus so its just a wild theory that they are using fold communications to control other animals. But my theory is Vajra are not engineered/created but controlled solely by the queen (at this point). But Ranka herself seems to have the same ability.

Okay so here are some my theories for Frontier and since I have not gone over all the posts before this I'm sorry if some or all have been stated before.

One - The Vajra were being experimented on by the Macross Galaxy fleet, the Galaxy might have been following in the foot steps of the 117th Large Scale Research Fleet, and the Vajra got loose and started causing problems. As to why the attack on Galaxy came later as to the attacks on Frontier, if some did escape it would make sense that they would run far away and start a hive, then attack the next fleet they see.

Two - Ranka is the control system for the Vajra and after the loss of 117th and the Galaxy picking up pieces, Sheryl was groomed to take her place. Than could explain as to why Grace was working for her. However after the events of episode 13 leads me to think that they have come up with a new type of control or that it is felt that there is no longer any need for control at the moment and are happy to let the Vajra run wild.

Three - I think that Mao will have a larger role than most people think. As of right now all I know is that Ozma knew/knows her but my line of thinking is that just how need she survived the end of the world when the Zentradi nuked the world. Was she aboard the Macross or did some of the people of earth survive the bombardment (didn't think that was possible). She was/is a doctor, but just what type of doctor is my question. It could be that she is or was the one behind the study of Vajra in the first place after what she had been through as part of the events of Macross Zero.

Four - Brera is not what he appears to be, I think that he had some kind of deal with the devil thing going on with as to how he got his cyborg body. This is due to the fact that he seems to know Ranka from somewhere and cares about her.

Thats what I have for now, there is more bouncing around in my head but that can wait for another time.

Edited by hobbes221

Okay so here are some my theories for Frontier and since I have not gone over all the posts before this I'm sorry if some or all have been stated before.

One - The Vajra were being experimented on by the Macross Galaxy fleet, the Galaxy might have been following in the foot steps of the 117th Large Scale Research Fleet, and the Vajra got loose and started causing problems. As to why the attack on Galaxy came later as to the attacks on Frontier, if some did escape it would make sense that they would run far away and start a hive, then attack the next fleet they see.

Two - Ranka is the control system for the Vajra and after the loss of 117th and the Galaxy picking up pieces, Sheryl was groomed to take her place. Than could explain as to why Grace was working for her. However after the events of episode 13 leads me to think that they have come up with a new type of control or that it is felt that there is no longer any need for control at the moment and are happy to let the Vajra run wild.

Three - I think that Mao will have a larger role than most people think. As of right now all I know is that Ozma knew/knows her but my line of thinking is that just how need she survived the end of the world when the Zentradi nuked the world. Was she aboard the Macross or did some of the people of earth survive the bombardment (didn't think that was possible). She was/is a doctor, but just what type of doctor is my question. It could be that she is or was the one behind the study of Vajra in the first place after what she had been through as part of the events of Macross Zero.

Four - Brera is not what he appears to be, I think that he had some kind of deal with the devil thing going on with as to how he got his cyborg body. This is due to the fact that he seems to know Ranka from somewhere and cares about her.

Thats what I have for now, there is more bouncing around in my head but that can wait for another time.

there were survivors earthside, if you follow the series as the canon (i.e. misa hayase). it's only in the DYRL movie that there were 0 survivors after the zentraedi bomardment.

i don't think she was aboard the macross, otherwise she would have been hanging out with fokker all the time (and teasing claudia that she isn't roy's true love. :p ). but then again, what do i know? the hory froating head just might turn the world upside down again and declare that mao nome was on the SDF-1 somewhere.

as proposed somewhere before, mao's desire to find out what happened to her sister and short-time kiss partner would have moslt likely prompted her to join research fleets in investigating the possible destination of the aphos/birdman. wouldn't be surprised if she showed up in the series later on and explain everything. as to what type of doctor, i can speculatye that she followed in aries turner's footsteps (who in turn followed the footsteps of her old professor) in archeology/ancient civilization/genetics to continue protoculture research.

I wasn't forgetting Misa but other than her are there any others that we know of that made it through the attack, I mean that she was in a deep underground base and she was possibly the only one that made it, but good point.

Edit - I think that we have to follow the series as canon as DYRL was just a movie in the series.

Edited by hobbes221

I wasn't forgetting Misa but other than her are there any others that we know of that made it through the attack, I mean that she was in a deep underground base and she was possibly the only one that made it, but good point.

someone gave me an approximate number of earthside survivors before (i think it was mr. march) from the compendium, so aside from misa, i think there are others. :)

Edit - I think that we have to follow the series as canon as DYRL was just a movie in the series.

oh no, now you've done it. i hope they didn't hear you.. shhhh.... ^_^

Edited by dreamweaver13

Okay just found it "A total of several hundred thousand [to approximately one million] survivors confirmed in the Grand Cannons [i,] III and V, the Lunar surface's Apollo Base, and the space colony clusters [bunches]." in the Compendium, thanks for the heads up on that, never (or at least can't remember) have come across that before. Always did kinda wonder just how they kept humanity going with just the people in the Macross, oh and before anyone adds anything I did know about the use of cloning and all that just not the bit about the survivors - learn something new everyday here.

Edited by hobbes221

Okay just found it "A total of several hundred thousand [to approximately one million] survivors confirmed in the Grand Cannons [i,] III and V, the Lunar surface's Apollo Base, and the space colony clusters [bunches]." in the Compendium, thanks for the heads up on that, never (or at least can't remember) have come across that before. Always did kinda wonder just how they kept humanity going with just the people in the Macross, oh and before anyone adds anything I did know about the use of cloning and all that just not the bit about the survivors - learn something new everyday here.

I could imagine someone is wearing "Pure Macross Survivor Descendant" badge after SW1. ^_^

I could imagine someone is wearing "Pure Macross Survivor Descendant" badge after SW1. ^_^

But is it any better than the "I defected because of Minmay and all I got was this shirt" shirt? :lol:

Macross 7 was more like a SDF-1 Macross UN Spacy personnel retiree colony fleet.

Three old guys still kept their Monster. (I know Miria can make a VF-17 as severance pay but is a Monster part of the pension plan?)