Macross Frontier Plot Theories...

I started this thread as a means of talking about the different theories regarding the plot of Frontier. Anything from what the Vajra are, who is controlling them, what factions are involved, etc. Everything is a go... from the wild far-out fan speculation to actual realistic and probable theories... ^_^

Here goes one from me...

The VF-27s seen so far (Brera's crimson one and the 2 green cannon fodder seen at the end of episode 7) were indeed Galaxy/NUNS property, BUT got stolen/hacked during the attack on the Galaxy fleet. The VF-27 seems to be Virtual Reality controlled and we all know Galaxy Cyborgs can use VR. Some unknown faction from Galaxy caused the attack to steal the prototypes. Grace O'Connor and Brera Sterne are both part of that faction... The Vajra are creations of the Protoculture (hence the spiral markings) but were found by this unknown faction, who maybe even experimented on the bugs to make them the biological weapons they are now...

Also of note is the fact that the Vajra started appearing in 2040, the same year of the Sharon Apple incident... Perhaps remains of Sharon Apple were transmitted to the Galaxy fleet, where it took control of some cyborgs and they unleashed the Vajra and are bent on humanity destruction? (Very DUNE like, hehe...). :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I started this thread as a means of talking about the different theories regarding the plot of Frontier. Anything from what the Vajra are, who is controlling them, what factions are involved, etc. Everything is a go... from the wild far-out fan speculation to actual realistic and probable theories... ^_^

Here goes one from me...

The VF-27s seen so far (Brera's crimson one and the 2 green cannon fodder seen at the end of episode 7) were indeed Galaxy/NUNS property, BUT got stolen/hacked during the Galaxy attack by the Vajra. The VF-27 seems to be Virtual Reality controlled and we all know Galaxy Cyborgs can use VR. Some unknown faction from Galaxy caused the attack to steal the prototypes. Grace O'Connor and Brera Sterne are both part of that faction... The Vajra are creations of the Protoculture (hence the spiral markings) but were found by this unknown faction, who maybe even experimented on the bugs to make them the biological weapons they are now...

Also of note is the fact that the Vajra started appearing in 2040, the same year of the Sharon Apple incident... Perhaps remains of Sharon Apple were transmitted to the Galaxy fleet, where it took control of some cyborgs and they unleashed the Vajra and are bent on humanity destruction? (Very DUNE like, hehe...). :ph34r:

That's a good theory. I do not have one just yet...but once I think of one I will jot it down here. GREAT TOPIC!

:ph34r:

I disagree.

Well it is just an idea, he's not really saying that is what he thinks will happen, just an idea of what he thinks it could be. I myself don't have much for a theory yet.

Damn, I almost expected you to say something how Rick Hunter was in control of the Vajra... :lol:

For you, it's "Admiral Rick Hunter" :lol:

I think it is a mix between a sequel to the quasi civil war of Mac VF-X2 and the final fate of MacZero's main characters, the Vajra somehow related to both (protoculture tech + rebeling UN faction)

Then again, I'm almost sure I'm wrong, so don't mind me much :unsure:

I'm not sure what the Vajra are. My original thought was they were some sort defense system left behind by the Protoculture, but now I am uncertain.

I'll quote myself on the Galaxy:

The Galaxy is a privately funded fleet. I think whoever first came up with the Aliens analogy is right, the Galaxy sees the Vajra and potential weapons technology (or actual, the -27 has an internal fold device and that, well, not sure what to call it... super dimension gun... just like the lobsters).

The Galaxy has its own agenda. Brera and the -27's are a part of it, I am sure. I am not sure that Grace is part of it, however. Lots of intrigue here, I would say that not everyone is on the side we may think they are. And then we have Dick Vilrer, not even sure where he fits in yet.

Keep in mind the classic Macross formulas. Alto will have to choose between Sheryl and Ranka, and the Frontier will join forces with either the Galaxy or the Vajra to defeat their common foe.

Edited by Duke Togo

Well I really hope there is two UN forces. The NUNS and OLD UNS. I only think of this because why would the President of UNG be on a colony fleet? Woulden't that put him and his government in danger? If the two different UNS is true, than he could be president of NUNS heading to find their own Planet while leaving the old UNG and current President/Government behind on Earth?

Something maybe like...

UNG: Ok you can go ahead and be your own government, just not on Earth, this our terf! GTFO! :angry:

NUNS: Ok! All who want to go be free from UNG and live freely with Implants and Macroned Zents, come with us! We will have Hippo-cows! ^_^

Ok the above fake convo is obviously just a joke to fit my theory :rolleyes:

If the UN Civil War (what ever it was) happened than it would be assumed that the seperatists won and did not reform the UNG in my theory.

Meh, my theory mainly sucks. But just my horrible theory on it... :p

I'm sticking with the theory that we won't see the Kite at all in Frontier. Alot of rumors going around that they want to market this internationally.

And for that reason I kind of hope the old UNS is gone for good. However if it turns out in the end Frontier won't go international then I wouldn't mind any story with the old UNS showing up.

The kite appeared briefly in episode 10...

Along with the exact wording and spelling of "Macross" (as opposed to its katakana spelling or romaji equivalent), although granted, that was just on the eyecatch and who knows if those will be included in the home video release (they probably will though). Of course, maybe they're just trying to cut down on the number of uses, even though it's inevitable that they'll need to show it.

Edited by sdf2501

Here goes one from me...

The VF-27s seen so far (Brera's crimson one and the 2 green cannon fodder seen at the end of episode 7) were indeed Galaxy/NUNS property, BUT got stolen/hacked during the Galaxy attack by the Vajra. The VF-27 seems to be Virtual Reality controlled and we all know Galaxy Cyborgs can use VR. Some unknown faction from Galaxy caused the attack to steal the prototypes. Grace O'Connor and Brera Sterne are both part of that faction... The Vajra are creations of the Protoculture (hence the spiral markings) but were found by this unknown faction, who maybe even experimented on the bugs to make them the biological weapons they are now...

As odd as this show may become, I think you're probably a long way off. The Varja we've met so far are brainless tools with something presumably controlling them. If one can control an army like the Varja I think it'd be a waste to try to hack VF-27s. I think the VF-27s are setting up that Macross three-way conflict but I suspect, much like all the other homages, Macross F won't have quite the same result as the past series. We have Frontier, we have the Varja, and we have another group with VF-27s who want to either see the Varja accomplish something (while keeping Frontier from seeing it) or who want something from the Varja before Frontier can get it.

Here's a theory: Maybe the VF-27 people realize that the Varja have a relationship to the Protoculture and have deduced that there must be a planet housing Protoculture somewhere. They are trying to track, hunt, and manipulate the Varja in hopes of revealing the last Protoculture colony and the doubltess nirvana of technology that would exist there. The other theory would be the VF-27 created a Varja queen as an attempted weapon and that queen then flew off and has been amassing an army. Now the VF-27 folk want to wipe out the Varja on their own before it is realized what they unleashed on the galaxy.

I'm not sure what the Vajra are. My original thought was they were some sort defense system left behind by the Protoculture, but now I am uncertain.

I'll quote myself on the Galaxy:

The Galaxy is a privately funded fleet. I think whoever first came up with the Aliens analogy is right, the Galaxy sees the Vajra and potential weapons technology (or actual, the -27 has an internal fold device and that, well, not sure what to call it... super dimension gun... just like the lobsters).

The Galaxy has its own agenda. Brera and the -27's are a part of it, I am sure. I am not sure that Grace is part of it, however. Lots of intrigue here, I would say that not everyone is on the side we may think they are. And then we have Dick Vilrer, not even sure where he fits in yet.

Keep in mind the classic Macross formulas. Alto will have to choose between Sheryl and Ranka, and the Frontier will join forces with either the Galaxy or the Vajra to defeat their common foe.

Here's a theory: Maybe the VF-27 people realize that the Varja have a relationship to the Protoculture and have deduced that there must be a planet housing Protoculture somewhere. They are trying to track, hunt, and manipulate the Varja in hopes of revealing the last Protoculture colony and the doubltess nirvana of technology that would exist there. The other theory would be the VF-27 created a Varja queen as an attempted weapon and that queen then flew off and has been amassing an army. Now the VF-27 folk want to wipe out the Varja on their own before it is realized what they unleashed on the galaxy.

Those are very good theories!!! :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Posted this in the episode 10 discussion, but I'm just going to put this here as a matter of record since I think it's a cool theory.

Mao is Sheryl's mom. She's also Ranka's (since Ranka has dissociative amnesia and can't remember her parents). Finally, Ranka keeps going on about "Big Brother" every time she's in danger. I think Brera's that brother, whom she thought had died, but was saved due to cybernetics. Brera knows this though, and that's why he was quick to save Ranka in episode 10 (although my Japanese is rusty, so I don't know what his superior officer had said to him after the rescue). That's why they both know Aimo, and since it hasn't been established on screen yet that Sheryl has heard Aimo sung by Ranka, I'm willing to bet she knows that song too somehow and will be all like "WTF?" when she hears Ranka singing that song (although now that I think about it, she would have seen it at the Macross Zero airing, so perhaps that particular theory is a bust).

I still think Brera and Ranka are related though.

How about that? B))

Edited by sdf2501

I think the dates wouldn't work. What year is Frontier taking place in? Mao would have been like 50 during the Mac+ shows right?

Not quite...she was, what, eleven in MacZero? Which means she was born in '96 or '97...making her around 43 at the time of Mac+.

With all the technological advances, kids at 43 should be no problem so maybe the theory could work. I think "grand kids" might work better though 'cause Ranka seems pretty young and we know that 17 is marrying age in the Macross-iverse.

With all the technological advances, kids at 43 should be no problem so maybe the theory could work. I think "grand kids" might work better though 'cause Ranka seems pretty young and we know that 17 is marrying age in the Macross-iverse.

You're kidding, right? 17 is WAAAY too old! Misa was an old spinster at 19, Mylene was "engaged" at 14...Mao probably had a husband and five kids waiting for her on the other side of the island...

I decline to speculate, being more of the WAFO (Watch And Find Out) school, so I just wanted to say this:

I speculated way back during the Seed/Seed Destiny days. I gave up by the time 00 came along. I'll maintain that on Frontier.

Ranka is 16... April 29, 2043 according to the compendium...

If Mao was born in 1997 (11 in 2008) she would have been 46, which is kind of pushing it.

You're kidding, right? 17 is WAAAY too old! Misa was an old spinster at 19, Mylene was "engaged" at 14...Mao probably had a husband and five kids waiting for her on the other side of the island...

Don't forget Max and Millia... I think he was 16-17 when Komillia was born IIRC...

In the Macross universe, Mao could quite possibly have been a great grandmother :blink:

I speculated way back during the Seed/Seed Destiny days. I gave up by the time 00 came along. I'll maintain that on Frontier.

Yeah...the last time I engaged in wholesale speculation was Evangelion...and oh, how wrong I was.

Besides, I'm having more fun trying to understand what's on the screen now that I would in trying to figure out what will be on the screen ten episodes hence...

I predict that an aged Shin Kudo and Sara are controlling the Vajra, and are currently engaged in attempts to stop the spread of Humanity, Kaduns, and war in general. The series will then shift its focus to these two characters, as it worked so well for Gundam Seed Destiny, and will end with NUNs, the Vajra, and however else may show up disarmed en-mass, but left alive.

Kidding :lol: (or at least, I hope that stays a joke)

I predict that an aged Shin Kudo and Sara are controlling the Vajra, and are currently engaged in attempts to stop the spread of Humanity, Kaduns, and war in general. The series will then shift its focus to these two characters, as it worked so well for Gundam Seed Destiny, and will end with NUNs, the Vajra, and however else may show up disarmed en-mass, but left alive.

Kidding :lol: (or at least, I hope that stays a joke)

Until proven wrong, I will continue to maintain that Sheryl IS Shin and Sara, fused by the APHOS into a single hermaphroditic being.

For everything else in the story, someone'll just say, "Oh, it's Anima Spiritia," and everyone will nod sagely.

THE END.

Someone on the GML mentioned that Marina Ismail in Gundam 00 is an old hag at age 24. When called on that, he mentioned that the Japanese refer to women who are that old as "Christmas Cake". i.e. no one wants them after the 24th.

While I can't vouch for the veracity of the supposed slang, it does fit with the ages that we often see in Japanese mecha shows.

Until proven wrong, I will continue to maintain that Sheryl IS Shin and Sara, fused by the APHOS into a single hermaphroditic being.

For everything else in the story, someone'll just say, "Oh, it's Anima Spiritia," and everyone will nod sagely.

THE END.

Oh, oh, and Basara will turn out to be Ranka's father too. :)

Oh, oh, and Basara will turn out to be Ranka's father too. :)

Dude, what are you smoking? NO NO NO!!!

OBVIOUSLY, in the last episode, Ozma will pull off his wig, wipe off his make-up, take out his contact lenses, and reveal that he was Basara all along! Only a complete MORON couldn't see THAT one coming! :lol:

Dude, what are you smoking? NO NO NO!!!

OBVIOUSLY, in the last episode, Ozma will pull off his wig, wipe off his make-up, take out his contact lenses, and reveal that he was Basara all along! Only a complete MORON couldn't see THAT one coming! :lol:

And then Micheal and Nanase will reveal themselves to be Max and Milia, having now succeed in putting the aging process into reverse, and desperately turing to find a cure before they come to a sticky end. :)

Edited by Ork_dreadnought

Someone on the GML mentioned that Marina Ismail in Gundam 00 is an old hag at age 24. When called on that, he mentioned that the Japanese refer to women who are that old as "Christmas Cake". i.e. no one wants them after the 24th.

While I can't vouch for the veracity of the supposed slang, it does fit with the ages that we often see in Japanese mecha shows.

My girlfriend is 23... next year she will have earned herself a new nickname thanks to this little tidbit of information. Of course, that might backfire terribly and have her start pleading for a ring...

And then Micheal and Nanase will reveal themselves to be Max and Milia, having now succeed in putting the aging process into reverse, and desperately turing to find a cure before they come to a sticky end. :)

Micheal and Nanase? Don't you mean Micheal and Clan Clan?

It would explain Clan Clan's miclone form...