The Ultimate Filipino ROBOTECH Merchandise Thread

Man, looking at those old 80's store pics, there's so much product on the shelves, and so many different brands of transforming toys. What's ironic is that this is the best time ever to be a Transformers fan, between official products and 3rd parties, and yet there's so little official product to be found in stores. I miss the days when the shelves were teeming, and the old 80's packaging was so striking. Miss that too.

Sadly, I was only peripherally aware of Robotech in the 80's, having seen pics of the old Matchbox toys in the Sears and JC Penny catalogues. I had no connection at all to the cartoon, growing up in NW Pennsylvania with lackluster cable. I was aware of the VF-1, since it became ubiquitous in all sorts of toys, one of which I bought at a Dollar Store, and then in Jetfire. I recognized the design, but not the source, back then.

Appreciate the jog down memory lane. Cheers!

how can anyone not like skewered chicken intestines? yum! B))

I haven't had skewered chicken intestines, but I did have some sort of grilled tripe in Ecuador, once. Can't say I'm a fan. :p Acquired taste, I guess. :lol:

When I was stationed in Okinawa, alot of guys I knew had been to the Philippines, or had Filipino girlfriends/wives. The one thing that always stood out to me was their penchant for burying a number of their foodstuffs, and then digging it up some time later to eat. Balut and kimchi are the two I remember best. Wasn't aware of pig's blood stew...hope that stuff is cooked...salmonella sucks. Egg rolls, now...sooo yummy!

Edited by M'Kyuun

I knew it wouldn't take long before this becomes a food thread. :p

a different kind of nostalgia. :D

Calling no3ljm!

Kala ko macross/robotech toys na binenta sa pinas hehe..

and i thought youre posting pics of the old nova fontana selling macross toys.

Mabuhay ka sir. :)

Ooh! Nova Fontana! I remember that place. Used to visit that place a lot.

Calling no3ljm!

napaghahalata edad mo boss. :)

(knowing this reveals your age hihi)

Edited by JET7

When I was stationed in Okinawa, alot of guys I knew had been to the Philippines, or had Filipino girlfriends/wives. The one thing that always stood out to me was their penchant for burying a number of their foodstuffs, and then digging it up some time later to eat. Balut and kimchi are the two I remember best. Wasn't aware of pig's blood stew...hope that stuff is cooked...salmonella sucks. Egg rolls, now...sooo yummy!

Uh yeah, except kimchi is Korean.

Filipino food is actually pretty trendy right now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/at-long-last-filipino-food-arrives-what-took-it-so-long/2015/04/21/a4674bb0-e153-11e4-905f-cc896d379a32_story.html

Edited by SuperSenpai

Uh yeah, except kimchi is Korean.

Oops, respectful apologies for the offense.

I came into this thread hoping to see some Filipino transforming toys; instead, we're turning into Food Network! I'm waiting for Andrew Zimmern to turn up and start posting. :lol:

Calling no3ljm!

Hahaha! :lol:

We should call Spanner here as well. He's Filipino by heart. He's curious about Ube. :lol:

I have seen some with Gundams (like the blue "King Joel" plying the Antipolo-Cubao route some time ago), but so far I haven't seen ones with VF's. Maybe it is just a (stylized) F-14 Tomcat?

Maybe... With the way they drive, I wouldn't be surprised. Probably imagining that they're Tom cruise in top gun... Lol

• 2 years later...

I think it's time to bring this thread back to life. A lot of good stuff here. Maybe some of the people who haven't seen this topic has some stuff to add. =) 

Mods, if I'm doing something wrong by bumping this back up, I totally understand if you undo me. Respectfully... 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the laugh, @jvmacross!  I needed that.  ^_^

To be fair, that flimsy torso snapped with less applied force than it took to rotate the thighs!  :vava:

Still, I'd forgotten what a crappy-looking Hovertank it was.  I'm still hoping that someone, someday, makes a decent-looking toy or model kit... but nobody with any talent seems to have tackled the project thus far.  <_<

Sucks to have catastrophic failure in the middle of a demo; kudos to the guy for just pressing on as if nothing had happened. Sorta looks and sounds like Dick Cavett; no wonder he quit toy demos to be a talk show host; people usually don't suddenly snap in half when you're talking to them. :lol:

Never was a fan of the Hovertank; looked like a flying brick to me. It's even more egregiously bad after seeing the beautiful VF-1 doing its thing.

• 1 year later...

Xiumin, Suho, Lay, Baekhyun, Chen, Chanyeol, D.O., Kai, and Sehun are members of Exo (Korean: ; styled in all capitals), a South Korean-Chinese boy band based in Seoul. SM Entertainment established the band in 2011 and they made their debut in 2012. After they got really famous the demand of exo merchandise has been raised alot due to which alot of retailers are selling it in the market now. There merchandise are very much close to robotech merchandise.