VF-OS or VF-0A

arrow

So what's a decent price for one of these .... maybe $200 now? with shipping?

:huh:

I got my shin combo at tisinc99.com at 169.00 USD before shipping. The one I got has no issues either, all the joints are tight on it too... Highly recommended.

Damn - I already bit on the HLJ sale for the VF-0A before reading through this thread. Guess I'll have to check things out thoroughly when it arrives.

:p

I have a feeling that *edit* some people with broken models have transformed them too many times or are rough with the models. If you only need it as display and don't have time to build the model, then you won't need to transform it more than once or twice.

And if it comes broken in the box, according to HLJ's return policy (if that's where you got it from), they'll accept returns for defective products and will pay for shipping.

Hope yours turns out okay :) Keep us updated!

Edited by bztheman

I have a feeling that *edit* some people with broken models have transformed them too many times or are rough with the models. If you only need it as display and don't have time to build the model, then you won't need to transform it more than once or twice.

And if it comes broken in the box, according to HLJ's return policy (if that's where you got it from), they'll accept returns for defective products and will pay for shipping.

Hope yours turns out okay :) Keep us updated!

I dont know if HLJ does this anymore but I heard from other members on this board that they also offer replacement parts if you need them for the VF0A they do charge you like 15 dollars though for the parts.

VF-0A 1st release - left arm broke a year ago, right arm broke 2 wks ago when I took it out from display, transform it a few times to apply stickers.

VF0A Shin - still perfect in 1 piece.

VF0S - didn't own any but I am getting a reissue when it is available next month...

Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum. My 2 cents:

I contacted HLJ for extra arms for my VF-OA.

The good news: They are full arms and 15 each . Shipping would be around 10-15 extra though, so we are talking about ~$45

The bad: They contacted Yamato and said no stock till September, so I am guessing that it will be re-released about that time. Also, you cannot combine shipping with regular products from the catalog. The "parts"deparment is a separate one and they don't know when the parts arrive.....that's what they said

hope it helps

So I got home, opened up my box from HLJ and the VF-0A box looked ok... noticed that it doesn't have any tape on the outside of it. I guess that's standard...

Looks great out of the plastic packaging. Wow, seriously love the design.

I started to gingerly transform it, slowly tugging and trying to nimbly pull on tabs and stretch it (seriously for the noobies, lots o' plastic here, and not the strong pliable stuff, feels thin for my brutish fingers.... last transformation I've ever done was on a 1/100 Toynami VF-1J :p ). Got finally to the point where I'm sliding the arms and shoulders out... and the ball joints for the left shoulder arm are tight, but not as tight as the right. I can see where any movement could wear down the joints if used extensively. So, long story short... yeah, I think these could wear down after constant transformations. I can't tell if its the new version or not, but would assume no. At least it was delivered in good (great) condition. Its going back into the display case as a fighter!

Also got the Angel Birds 1/48 - Don't want to bother opening that up now as the wifey is already annoyed with this big ol' box in the living room :D

Edited by errr

i saw a review of a vf-os w/o reactive in youtube and ask him if its the reissue, and he told me that he doesnt know if its the reissue,. but the toy doesnt have any broken shoulders,. the problems were loose shoulders and the small red gem on the back of the shoulders fell off,.. heres the link..

Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum. My 2 cents:

I contacted HLJ for extra arms for my VF-OA.

The good news: They are full arms and 15 each . Shipping would be around 10-15 extra though, so we are talking about ~$45

The bad: They contacted Yamato and said no stock till September, so I am guessing that it will be re-released about that time. Also, you cannot combine shipping with regular products from the catalog. The "parts"deparment is a separate one and they don't know when the parts arrive.....that's what they said

hope it helps

*sigh*..... <_< That's not right. If they have the hide to keep selling items 99% prone to breaking they should ATLEAST give you the option to send it with other stuff (already have to pay money for replacements which is still a big kick in the gizzards). that's f'd.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

*sigh*..... <_< That's not right. If they have the hide to keep selling items 99% prone to breaking they should ATLEAST give you the option to send it with other stuff (already have to pay money for replacements which is still a big kick in the gizzards). that's f'd.

You can thank the ppl in charge of harmony gold for that... They are blockading anything macross related from being sold or serviced from other companies in the states... american imperialism at its finest...

You can thank the ppl in charge of harmony gold for that... They are blockading anything macross related from being sold or serviced from other companies in the states... american imperialism at its finest...

everyone knows it. including hg which makes it worse.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

They're not models, they're toys. They should be able to go trough hundreds of transformations without any trouble.

Seems conflicting perspectives on the VF-0A Shin with Booster. Are these out now good or just an accident waiting to happen?

Well the -0A with Ghost is listed as "discontinued" on HLJ, so you won't be getting it from there. It also costs the same as the Roy VF-0S with Ghost.

Roy's model looks nicer anyway IMO...and it has all the fixes...so I'll be getting that.

Well the -0A with Ghost is listed as "discontinued" on HLJ, so you won't be getting it from there. It also costs the same as the Roy VF-0S with Ghost.

Roy's model looks nicer anyway IMO...and it has all the fixes...so I'll be getting that.

I c. Tisinc99.com has the VF-0A with booster for $170. I'm not too sure about that one. Its too bad about the Macross Zero figures having so many headaches as they are surely very striking. I would like to get the rest of Macross Zero line but I am not familair with what they are releasing and when.

Check the blacklisted dealers thread here if i were you. That's all i'm going to say.

I ordered mine from him and it came fast and was in good condition... Everybody has their F ups at times... On ebay I had a bad experience with Tisinc but thats the past... IMO hes a good seller and no longer sells through ebay...

You don't want to know what happened between me and those guys. But yes, everyone has the f-ups from time to time, some more than others, and some don't care.

The fact we are talking about VF-0's is the reason i added in about the blacklisted.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

You don't want to know what happened between me and those guys. But yes, everyone has the f-ups from time to time, some more than others, and some don't care.

The fact we are talking about VF-0's is the reason i added in about the blacklisted.

I'll try over-drive.com then. Now if I just knew if the Ivanov they have is a good one or not.

I got my VF-0S this week from HLJ and is in perfect shape, nothing broken or missing. I have one problem though. How in space-fire do you get the intake covers out? I tried pushing them like it says in the instructions but none of them moves. Any ideas???

use a thin knife of soughts, works for me with 1/48's and other 1/60's. Better they are tight than otherwise! :)

btw which VF-0S? without ghost right? is it tight? if it is then it might be not a 1st edition VF-0S.

(keep hearing about how loose it is with feet thrusters not extending/holding out from battroid stance's weight)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

That would be awesome if they did bring out a YF-0D I thought it looked the best out of all the Zero Valks.

I purchased a YF-0S in February from Tisinc99.com and no problems with the order or the toy, although I don't transform it too much. Usually have it on display on a stand in my office.

I just purchased a YF-19 and stand from Tisinc99.com and all I received was the stand. I phoned him back and he immediately sent out the YF-19. So I had one good experience with him (ordering through amazon market place) and one bad (ordering direct). I will give him credit that once I did get a hold of him on the phone they apologized and said they would send it the next day. Hope to get it this week. Will post back once I get it hopefully.

Note that the first time I phoned him it was not during business hours and I got a weird answering service (which immediately made me think I was screwed). But I got a hold of him fine during business hours (Calf.) so maybe it was just a bad answering system. Also I had sent him an email before and they said that they had sent one back to me but I never received it. I did receive to confirmation emails after he sent the toy again (hopefully minus the stand I did receive).

That would be awesome if they did bring out a YF-0D I thought it looked the best out of all the Zero Valks.

I purchased a YF-0S in February from Tisinc99.com and no problems with the order or the toy, although I don't transform it too much. Usually have it on display on a stand in my office.

I just purchased a YF-19 and stand from Tisinc99.com and all I received was the stand. I phoned him back and he immediately sent out the YF-19. So I had one good experience with him (ordering through amazon market place) and one bad (ordering direct). I will give him credit that once I did get a hold of him on the phone they apologized and said they would send it the next day. Hope to get it this week. Will post back once I get it hopefully.

Note that the first time I phoned him it was not during business hours and I got a weird answering service (which immediately made me think I was screwed). But I got a hold of him fine during business hours (Calf.) so maybe it was just a bad answering system. Also I had sent him an email before and they said that they had sent one back to me but I never received it. I did receive to confirmation emails after he sent the toy again (hopefully minus the stand I did receive).

I can't believe I'm going to type this, but here we go.

[geek mode]It's VF-0S not YF-0S The 'Y' designation was only used for the YF-19 and YF-21 because they were prototypes. The 'V' in F stand for 'Variable'[/geek mode]

Edited by Dante74

I can't believe I'm going to type this, but here we go.

[geek mode]It's VF-0S not YF-0S The 'Y' designation was only used for the YF-19 and YF-21 because they were prototypes. The 'V' in F stand for 'Variable'[/geek mode]

Sorry wrote this at 4 in the morning. Can't believe I did that!