Transporter 3 - coming this fall

From CHUD.com:

"LIONSGATE GETS TRANSPORTERED

Lionsgate has picked up Transporter 3, the latest in the saga of the world's foremost gay action hero. Jason Statham returns to the role that made him beloved by CHUD, and this time he's joined by Prison Break's Robert Knepper. Can Frank Martin find true love?

This outing is not directed by Louis Letterier, who was too busy making The Incredible Hulk, but was helmed by fellow Frenchie Olivier Megaton. I have to assume he's trying to up Letterier's ante - that's what these films are all about.

Lionsgate will deliver this beauty to us on Thanksgiving."

I actually really dig this franchise for what it is, pure popcorn action.

Can't wait!!

^_^

"Jason Statham returns!"

Great, as if the first two Transporter movies weren't stupid enough...

Watching Jason Statham get pissed and beat the crap out of people is good fun. That's why Crank sucked... too much talking on the cell while driving, not enough beating the crap out of people.

Watching Jason Statham get pissed and beat the crap out of people is good fun. That's why Crank sucked... too much talking on the cell while driving, not enough beating the crap out of people.

:lol::lol::lol: You are sooooooooooo right! I'm hoping this one will be as good as the first and better than the second.

:ph34r:

I love Crank. One of my favorite Blu-rays. "I know what I have to do." " Well a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do... so what you gotta do?" :D :D :D

Transporter 1 was great but Transporter 2 kinda sucked. Way too over the top and unrealistic (especially knocking the bomb off his car, which then lands without a scrape or any damage). The Jackie Chan type stunt in the room with the pipes was funny but not quite what Statham should be doing.

Supposedly, Crank 2 is in production, too. :)

Transporter 1 was great but Transporter 2 kinda sucked. Way too over the top and unrealistic (especially knocking the bomb off his car, which then lands without a scrape or any damage). The Jackie Chan type stunt in the room with the pipes was funny but not quite what Statham should be doing.

See, while I whole-heartedly agree that it was highly unrealistic, I thought that's part of the movie's charm. Hot women, fast cars, big explosions, and Jason Statham beating the leaving bejeezus out of people... a guy's movie. If I wanted intricate plots, detailed character development, believable situations, and deep acting, I probably wouldn't be watching a Jason Statham movie.

See, while I whole-heartedly agree that it was highly unrealistic, I thought that's part of the movie's charm. Hot women, fast cars, big explosions, and Jason Statham beating the leaving bejeezus out of people... a guy's movie. If I wanted intricate plots, detailed character development, believable situations, and deep acting, I probably wouldn't be watching a Jason Statham movie.

Then what the hell was he doing in Snatch?

"Two minutes, Turkish!"

Well the thing I and I'm sure the rest of us are saying is the charm was how it was total no-nonsense beat-up for the first one. It's not a Jackie Chan movie where there's a bunch of acrobatics, it's not Batman/Bond where he has cool gadgets or whatnot to help. He just goes in the room, whoops ass and goes forward. That's something I like to see on occasion.

Well the thing I and I'm sure the rest of us are saying is the charm was how it was total no-nonsense beat-up for the first one. It's not a Jackie Chan movie where there's a bunch of acrobatics, it's not Batman/Bond where he has cool gadgets or whatnot to help. He just goes in the room, whoops ass and goes forward. That's something I like to see on occasion.

QFT. Transporter felt like a classic arcade beat'em up. 2 went a little too over the top with the unbelievable stunts and REALLY bad cg effects (if few).

and i didnt know Jason Strathem was gay. There ya go.

Same here. Is that for real? I thought that it may have been a comment like something I read along the lines of the latest Bond incarnation being more gay-friendly.

Then what the hell was he doing in Snatch?

"Two minutes, Turkish!"

Yeah, see, Snatch was another movie I didn't care for.

As for the whole Transporter vs. Transporter 2 thing, yeah, I'm hearing what you guys are saying, and yeah, I'm all for more butt-kicking and less outlandish car stunts. But I still liked Transporter 2 just fine. The first one was better, but I wouldn't say that the second one sucked.

and i didnt know Jason Strathem was gay. There ya go.

Wait... wha...? Where'd you hear this? I mean, wasn't he dating Sophie Monk for awhile? And that girl that's with Billy Zane now?

... and i didnt know Jason Strathem was gay. There ya go.

I don't think he's gay ... I think the original blog poster was generically calling the Transporter film series in general as being gay, i.e., lame.

Ive never seen any of the transporter films, but looking from the previews it looks like it doesn't have much of a plot and doesn't even appear to have some humor in it. That being the case the series is not worth my time, might as well watch john cenas The Marine movie. At least I can get some laughs off of that movie the way it tries to take itself seriously.

Ive never seen any of the transporter films, but looking from the previews it looks like it doesn't have much of a plot and doesn't even appear to have some humor in it. That being the case the series is not worth my time, might as well watch john cenas The Marine movie. At least I can get some laughs off of that movie the way it tries to take itself seriously.

Dude, two words:

Shu Qi

Go and watch it for her, if for nothing else.

Yeah, see, Snatch was another movie I didn't care for.

Snatch and Lock Stock were what made me a fan of Statham in the first place, his roles in both films were fantastic and also helped put Guy Ritchie on the map (until Madonna came along and screwed him up). I couldn't imagine Snatch with any other lead than Statham, he nailed that role and the script delivery. As far as Transporter, i liked the first one a lot but certain parts of the second one made me turn my brain off a little more than i wanted to, hopefully the third one delivers.

The transporter movies wasn't much of a cash cow in my eyes and I hope they rename it what it really is..."Baldy in car makes old nuns vomit in rage. Give us your money and go home." then I won't feel so bad since I know the movie will SUCK.

Snatch and Lock Stock were what made me a fan of Statham in the first place, his roles in both films were fantastic and also helped put Guy Ritchie on the map (until Madonna came along and screwed him up). I couldn't imagine Snatch with any other lead than Statham, he nailed that role and the script delivery. As far as Transporter, i liked the first one a lot but certain parts of the second one made me turn my brain off a little more than i wanted to, hopefully the third one delivers.

It's not that I didn't care for it because of Statham. He was fine in it. All the actors did a good job, really. I just don't think it was my kind of movie.

• 4 months later...

I'm sure if I had a new A8, I'd blow up if I was more than 75 ft away from it... the movies are horrible but i had a good time at the last two. I particularly liked it when he jumps and flips the car to scrape the bomb off the belly with the hook off of a crane.

Maybe this time, instead of rolling the car through the air to scrape a bomb off of it, he'll FLIP the car end over end to scrape the bomb...