Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 10 rating  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 10?

• Positive (Ranka looks so cute in Mao's dress)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Why waste time watching this when I can watch M0?)

I just found a gg release for ep 10

[gg]_Macross_Frontier_-_10_[18B75D4F].mkv

maybe a joke, or they keep working on it

I'm dowloading it right now.

From what I've read, this is their last one.

I was disappointed that the quality of the animation which was good through nearly the entire episode dropped drastically during the fight with the Purple flying wolf dog. It returned afterwards. I assume that they had to re-animate that scene for some reason and sorta did a half ass rush job.

I think that they intentionally wanted the animation to look like that for the fight scene. Anybody agree with me on that one?

Taksraven

Yup thats Mr. Shoji Kawamori ! A cameo after 25 years !

P31-5.jpg

Its the monster eyebrows that give him away on the show. ( I have monster eyebrows too)

Taksraven

I think that they intentionally wanted the animation to look like that for the fight scene. Anybody agree with me on that one?

Taksraven

My opinon was that they wanted to have a fight scene that was as dynamic as the dogfights, however the in betweeners simply couldn't do it as well as they would have wanted.

Edited by d3v

If that was Grace, then Grace is playing both sides (if the subtitles are generally correct).

Grace is a cyborg with variable hair length. OR, Grace is Berg Katse??? Male AND Female.

berg.jpg

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

Not really... Have you seen Macross Zero? While Mao is never really a serious love interest for Shin, she appears to have a crush on him.

She shoved her tongue down his throat and you call it a CRUSH?? :lol: :lol:

Taksraven

So Grace O' Connor wants the SDR crystals in exchange of information. She's pulling Leon Mishima's strings... Maybe Leon isn't the bad guy most ppl believe. I remember the first time I saw SDF Macross I always thought Exsedol Formo and Vrilthwai Kridanik looked like really nasty bad guys... and u all know how they ended up in the series. Maybe the same thing will happen to Leon...

Probably more for the tech thread, but it looks like they have been able to improve Bluetooth dramatically by 2059, just literally flick the info from one phone to another. COOL!!!!!

Taksraven

I am thinking the damage done to it (its lost leg) may have hampered its ability to fold.

Legs repaired (pretty obvious in the preview shot). Ability to fold should be back to normal??

Taksraven

Legs repaired (pretty obvious in the preview shot). Ability to fold should be back to normal??

Taksraven

Well leg systems could be one thing and the fold system could be even more complicated and they don't have the specific technician to do the work.

I think that the internal fold generator of the 27 only works for short folds and it needs a booster for longer ones.

Just to play devil's advocate, but the appearance of Kikuko Inoue's name in the credits as Grace don't necessarily mean that Leon's contact is Grace. Grace could have been in a scene that was edited out of the final cut of the episode, hence her name in the credits.

Another related hint: After going over the VF-27 analysis, the confidential message send to Leon came from "G".

Edited by CF18

I finally realized why Ozma wasn't at the screening. Had he been there more than a few people might have been decked hard by him after the kissing scene.

EDIT: Damn, I can't believe I mixed Ozma and Leon's names up.

Edited by d3v

I loved this ep. Particularly the ending at the premiere of Tori no Hito. This is great how it portrays Ranka's passage to fame through a different route than Minmei, and also another slap in the face to another Meyrin. :lol:

I loved this ep. Particularly the ending at the premiere of Tori no Hito. This is great how it portrays Ranka's passage to fame through a different route than Minmei, and also another slap in the face to another Meyrin. :lol:

I really like the episode I think it was great that the Director (Kawamori) told Ranka that was the beginning of her own legend (according to the subs). i would have preferred to hear the real Mayan song at the end.

I really like the episode I think it was great that the Director (Kawamori) told Ranka that was the beginning of her own legend (according to the subs). i would have preferred to hear the real Mayan song at the end.

I love Megumi Nakajima's voice, but I really doubt she could've handled Arkan...way out of her range.

I'd like to hear her sing Yanyan, though.

(Again, though...my REAL wish is to hear Luca sing Santi-U...)

Dr. Mao? Ranka is Mao's descendant? Mao did research on Kadun? "*HEAD SPINNING*

Also, nice nod that in the "Canon" Macross world, DYRL was a movie made for the masses as a historical drama, and I guess Singing Princess is also a movie to dramatize the "real life" events that happened in Zero.

I love how it's all being tied together!

I'm didn't understand about this Hydra creature. So Hydra is an Eden native beast, so it would be natural if Galaxy have a few of them (Galaxy is from Eden afterall). Another point is the attraction to songs. If I recall, there are several Hydra raised as pet in the Zentreadi mall, however they didn't turn aggresive toward Ranka when she sing there but the one on the island is affected by the singing, probably this one is infected by Vajra (V-type) virus. Hmmm...

Was it just me, or did anyone else notice that nowhere during the episode did they mention the last name of Sara and Mao?

It'd seem like the whole name would be a big deal, to me, especially with... well, y'know, SHERYL HAVING THE SAME LAST NAME!

My guess? Perhaps Sheryl's the only direct descendant, but Ranka's somehow related (Ranka is confirmed to have more Zentran blood than anything, rather than Sheryl who has ALPHA type blood.)

I loved the way Sheryl just blew off Miranda like she wasn't even there to go and talk to Ranka. It was even more gratifying after what Miranda had told Ranka just moments before.

oh man.. TWO weeks.......let the suffering begin.

Ok apparently Mao grew up to become a famous doctor of some sorts, and was probably the one to reveal the story of Zero in her memoirs.

So this most likely confirms that at least Mao survived Space War I...the only way i can see the details of what happened being so authentic.

I would have liked for them to at least mention the coincidence in sheryl having the Nome last name.

I always figured after Zero ends that Mao and Shin ended up together...i still wonder if that happened.

Either way the simple revelation of Doctor Mao makes it feel liek some of the goings on are gonna end up intersecting with Zero

Either way the simple revelation of Doctor Mao makes it feel liek some of the goings on are gonna end up intersecting with Zero

The return of Monster destroid with The Claw :ph34r:

I bet this got something to do with blood type. If Mao and the birdman share the same blood they can be considered as alien and there is still no explanation whether this got something to do with the Vajra infection or their blood type.

oh man.. TWO weeks.......let the suffering begin.

Ok apparently Mao grew up to become a famous doctor of some sorts, and was probably the one to reveal the story of Zero in her memoirs.

So this most likely confirms that at least Mao survived Space War I...the only way i can see the details of what happened being so authentic.

I would have liked for them to at least mention the coincidence in sheryl having the Nome last name.

I always figured after Zero ends that Mao and Shin ended up together...i still wonder if that happened.

More than likely not just survived, but from the way Ozma reflects on Ranka playing the role of "Doctor Mao," she was probably involved with them and the research fleet that got attacked.

As for their surnames, I'm guessing their saving that for later.

Shin disappeared with the VF-0 at the end, I thought? Thus he and Mao couldn't have gotten together (not that adult Shin would get with 11-year-old Mao anyway)

And everyone is going crazy about loli Klan Klan and Mikhail....

Shin did disappear with Sara (theoretically it was her and the bird man that guided him away, possibly into a fold). Mao was the only one left to guess what had happened to them really because the UN people just went hush hush on it after it was all over, especially since there was no evidence that anymore more happened than a freak skirmish between the UN and Anti-UN almost a year after the war ended. Roy probably wondered what happened to Shin, but he would have gone with the cover up most likely.

Also of course Mao did get a blood transfusion from the AFOS body, who knows what effects that could have had later, considering Sheryl's odd blood type I can easily see her being a descendant. Ranka is harder to pin down. I don't want to say they all are related as that seems a little to perfect, but her being related to Brera seems logical at this point.

This whole episode has left me wanting to watch Macross Zero all the way through again so I'm going to have to download the last 4 episodes since I only have the first on hand, but I did enjoy it so it will be a treat. Also I'd like to propose a theory, but it's not necessarily a theory for the plot of Frontier (there is a thread for that), it is a theory on the production of it. It seems with all Frontier has in common with Zero and this last episode especially that Frontier seems to be a tying knots up show while still keeping its own aspects in. What I mean is, a lot of people wondered about the ending of Zero, it had a lot of mystical and unexplained stuff and it seems some of those things might possibly get explained in Frontier. I have to wonder if Kawamori did that on purpose and that is why Zero seems to end on an open note, maybe he planned to answer the questions from Zero with a story taking place almost 50 years later in the form of Frontier while at the same time providing yet another Macross story for everyone to enjoy. Think about it, Zero came out 5 years ago or so, I think Frontier could have at least been at the conception stage then. So I can easily see a lot of things being related here.

I already mentioned that according to the preview posted in the news thread, she got hurt during the accident (perhaps the other car ppl too)... The Griphon/Hydra caused them to crash, but it didn't eat them... ^_^

Btw.. What a great episode...!!!

So Grace O' Connor wants the SDR crystals in exchange of information. She's pulling Leon Mishima's strings... Maybe Leon isn't the bad guy most ppl believe. I remember the first time I saw SDF Macross I always thought Exsedol Formo and Vrilthwai Kridanik looked like really nasty bad guys... and u all know how they ended up in the series. Maybe the same thing will happen to Leon...

Grace maybe the really baddie here... or just someone who is working both sides for some personal agenda... ooh so many possibilities... what a good plot! ^_^

hahah yeah yeah, i also already mentioned i was j/k with yuu-chan. doesn't matter what happens to her anyway, dont think we will get to see her anymore. probably kitty didnt get his lunch, coz the lolicon soon went after Ranka ^_^

idk if you guys realized...

yuu-chan is not a name

yuu = 優 = actor

so it's like saying actor-chan.

that person is nameless :3

doesn't matter, she was referred to as yuu-chan. :p

Just to play devil's advocate, but the appearance of Kikuko Inoue's name in the credits as Grace don't necessarily mean that Leon's contact is Grace. Grace could have been in a scene that was edited out of the final cut of the episode, hence her name in the credits.

There are just too many hints, its not just the credits. The confidential email to Leon is sent by 'G' as mentioned. Don't forget about the scene where Grace was seen smiling wickedly when she hacked into the president's meeting in ep 9. and soon after, brera gets his mission orders. if there were no such hints about Grace being the mastermind in the previous ep, it wouldn't be so obvious, and i'd be scratching my head wondering why i see her name in ep 10 credits. Furthermore, Grace, Brera and VF-27 are all from Galaxy which makes it very possible that they were in it together. (although now i know that Brera was blackmailed into submission)

that was a touching moment. very very nicely done. love it! ^_^

I'm didn't understand about this Hydra creature. So Hydra is an Eden native beast, so it would be natural if Galaxy have a few of them (Galaxy is from Eden afterall). Another point is the attraction to songs. If I recall, there are several Hydra raised as pet in the Zentreadi mall, however they didn't turn aggresive toward Ranka when she sing there but the one on the island is affected by the singing, probably this one is infected by Vajra (V-type) virus. Hmmm...

Leon and Cathy (NUNS) already knew about the V-type virus/infection, so i wonder what else? Maybe Leon didn't know enough about this V-type virus.

but if the informant was talking about something "more terrifying" that Leon is not supposed to know yet, but then it ends up being the V-type virus (which Leon was already aware) - it doesn't make sense.

oh my god!!!!! i just finished watching this episode and im moved to tears, no lie.

damn it the combined beauty of the animation, th direction, how the events flowed and the MUSIC !

they really really made it well !!!

i was almost in tears while watching Ep 5 where Ranka started singing. this ep is just as good. the part where Ranka got determined, and when she said something like "now i know how Mao felt"... and the last part where the director spoke about Ranka's legend was just beginning... very very well done.

what an awesome series.

as for the love triangle, the irony is sheryl was the one who pushed ranka to fight for what she wants. :p

Edited by Shun

Don't you know anything... Zor crashed the ship on Earth because he had a vision of the Cosmic All that it would set everything right. Sheesh.

no way, he was busy making love with the Regis. :mellow:

wait.... :blink: did i just say that? :wacko: ewwww

just don't try to imagine. :rolleyes::ph34r:

UNPOPULAR THEORY THAT MAKES NO SENSE NO. 666

Since both the Vf-27 has a built in sword and Brera does too, MAYBE one transforms into the other and vice versa? EH??

080606ntt080700.jpg

In other words, Brera IS the VF-27!!!

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven