Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 10 rating  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 10?

• Positive (Ranka looks so cute in Mao's dress)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Why waste time watching this when I can watch M0?)

Then why are you in the episode 10 thread if you haven't watched the 3 episodes prior?

'Cause I have seen those, and haven't found an example of what y'all thought you saw; Thanks for asking . . . ;)

Maybe they will explain in greater detail as to why ASS-1 chose Earth, the odds are really too huge. There's a good chance that someone from that Supervision Army side is perhaps related to the Aphos n who remembers about Earth and was responsible for the whole incident.

As for Protodeviln, technically speaking, there are billions of galaxies in our universe, and Protodeviln are NOT from any of them because they come from an alternate universe. but its true, they're the only ones not from our galaxy, so far.

copyright infringement?

:ph34r:

Don't you know anything... Zor crashed the ship on Earth because he had a vision of the Cosmic All that it would set everything right. Sheesh.

I'm still betting that we're going to find out that Sheryl and Ranka are distantly related somehow. Or that Ranka is actually a Nome, and Sheryl isn't really and just was going around with that name.

And Grace is The Boss (as in MGS3). Seriously it's the same seiyuu. :p

I think they're either sisters or cousins...

Hence the term "speed sub." :rolleyes:

Miss Inoue is capable of many voices other than the sweet, innocent, goddess, melt-your-soul type.

Yeah just play Sakura Taisen 3... she's definitely not all that sweet as Lobelia.

Don't you know anything... Zor crashed the ship on Earth because he had a vision of the Cosmic All that it would set everything right. Sheesh.

I think they're either sisters or cousins...

Yeah just play Sakura Taisen 3... she's definitely not all that sweet as Lobelia.

Hush you heathen! Ms. Inoue is the bestest of the best!!! :D

snapshot20080606232535ap1.jpg

a better (and last) look at Yuu-chan before she turned into lunch. :ph34r::p

I already mentioned that according to the preview posted in the news thread, she got hurt during the accident (perhaps the other car ppl too)... The Griphon/Hydra caused them to crash, but it didn't eat them... ^_^

Btw.. What a great episode...!!!

So Grace O' Connor wants the SDR crystals in exchange of information. She's pulling Leon Mishima's strings... Maybe Leon isn't the bad guy most ppl believe. I remember the first time I saw SDF Macross I always thought Exsedol Formo and Vrilthwai Kridanik looked like really nasty bad guys... and u all know how they ended up in the series. Maybe the same thing will happen to Leon...

Grace maybe the really baddie here... or just someone who is working both sides for some personal agenda... ooh so many possibilities... what a good plot! ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

So, anyone else notice the fold booster on the -27 in the next episode preview?

I'm thinking maybe the VF-27 DOES have built-in fold boosters but maybe it needs the extra capability to get back to wherever the Galaxy fleet is (hiding somewhere maybe ? Vajra hostages ? something smells fishy here).

I wonder if Kawamori ever grew a beard during the production of Zero/Frontier and this cameo is partly an in-joke from the production team :lol:

So, anyone else notice the fold booster on the -27 in the next episode preview?

but at the end of 7, VF-27 purple and 2 other are all in wormhole.

if they do not have fold booster can they fold?

the big question, is how varja can fold through a fold dislocation

and why did Brera enter the varja battleship? Is he gathering data?

in 9, Brera destroy like half a dozen small varja in 5 secs, why did galaxy fail to defend itself?

if grace in frontier with sheryl on concert, why would she now command purple 1, where was brera former commander?

all these are questions to be answer, but next week, there will be no answer, i am so sad. what is so special, national holiday?

Yes but if the fold drive was damaged in that fight... well I would think it isn't easy to find parts to fix an internal fold booster when that isn't very common for fighters to have.

Wow. If it wasn't for the crap animation of the Hydra fight scene this episode would've been perfect. I'm not sure if it was just that this episode had so many references for fans that it inspired nostalgia, or if it was finally seeing Ranka gather up the determination and drive that many of us have come to appreciate in Sheryl. In either case, it definitely got me emotionally involved as a viewer much like Episode 5 - Star Date.

The best part: scenes with H-60s. Makes Frontier a little more personal for me. :)

wtf was that action scene with a winged lion??

just before that there is a meeting between an SMS(?) guy and an informant who gives him information about the mystery valkery seen the the last few episodes, also it is mentioned that there is a creature that only lives on eden(a Hydra) on ship, the informant also warns about seeing the true terror of the vagri, probably a virus type effect

Well that was a nice episode !

No earthbreaking revelations - but some nice snippet here and there.

I loved all the references to Zero obvsiouly.

The mention of "Doctor Mao" is interesting... I doubt it's just a throwaway comment. It feels like Ozma knew her and I wonder if she wasn' on the fleet destroyed by the Vajra

Brera Sterne is a cybord : interesting. They're really freaky on the Galaxy...

I also got to wonder if Leon's mysterious contact wouldn't be Grace... pruplre hair... female voice... mayhaps it's some kind of holographic disguise or what else.

Other than that the episode was good.. and I'm definitly rooting for Ranka :p

However hugh that whole Hydra fight was terrible, I got the feeling it was an intended "artistif feel", but it was awful looking :(

-Sergorn

It felt like one of the fight scene episodes in Noein actually...clean lines, little detail but a lot of movement...

I liked the fight scene, still waiting for Alto to say, "I choose you, VF-25..."

Am I the only one who thinks the combat sequence with the lion is a marvellous piece of experimental animation? Guess, so. :)

I don't mind experimental animation - eck there was a whole weird looking Aquarion episode which I loved... but here it just stick out like a sore thumb and the scene as a whole felt a bit too fast as if it was a last minute addition or something.

-Sergorn

yes, the cast list shows her name as Grace o'Connor and voiced by Kikuko Inoue.

and yes, it is conclusive. Did u see Grace anywhere with Sheryl in this ep? That's becoz she's meeting Leon. She looks different? Yes, but why do we have her listed in the cast credits if she didn't appear at all in this ep? u dont see Klan Klan listed in this ep.

Just to play devil's advocate, but the appearance of Kikuko Inoue's name in the credits as Grace don't necessarily mean that Leon's contact is Grace. Grace could have been in a scene that was edited out of the final cut of the episode, hence her name in the credits.

Maybe Leon isn't the bad guy most ppl believe.

but... the foo-foo haircut! he's gotta be EVIL :lol:

great episode!

apart from the wonky animation in middle part. it was... disturbing :ph34r:

not to mention the embarrassing gun Alto was holding. no wonder it was useless against the hydra, it was drawn all wrong!

and apparently, Galaxy has Terminators! woo!

now i want Brera to walk up to Ranka & say "My meeshun iz to protekt yoo." :lol:

it's nice to see them finally push Ranka's character. after this episode, she's dropped the kiddy vibe,

and we officially have a real race between Sheryl & Ranka ^_^

the Kawamori cameo was priceless! especially the scene when he sees Ranka singing on the cliffs.

I think if Brera is going to to do the Terminator thing for Ranka he's more likely to say "Come with me if you want to live."