Macross Frontier Episode 10 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 10 rating  

225 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 10?

• Positive (Ranka looks so cute in Mao's dress)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Why waste time watching this when I can watch M0?)

Just saw it. I thought everything was great with the exception to the griffon thing and that whole fighting sequence. It was like I was not watching Macross. That fighting scene really turned me off but I did really enjoy the rest. Just my opinion on it.

<_<

Loving the triangle thing going on. ^_^

One thing I didnt like about the episode was

I didnt like the way the animation was in the fight with the zentraedi pet beast and Alto and Brera. It looked like a campy 70s anime.

other than that I loved the episode.

It seems they are preparing us for a big WTF moment in an episode or two, considering

words from Brera's CO, who said something along the lines "the day will come when you will see the true terror of Vajra", and also mentione Hydra if I heard it right, it seems that humans have once again poked at the lion and now have to deal with a lot of them

:D

It would seem that Ranka is finally upping the ante towards Alto.

Anybody noticed the extreme alikeness of Sheryl to Misa after she kisses Alto?

:)

I wonder if Brera got turned into cyborg after they recovered him from the remains of the 117th, or before the Vajra attack.

It'd be really hillarious if they introduce a girl that sweeps Alto in front of the other two, although something like that will never happen in macrossverse, I hope :D.

It'd be really hillarious if they introduce a girl that sweeps Alto in front of the other two, although something like that will never happen in macrossverse, I hope :D.

Given Alto's kabuki roots, and the fact that the creators are fond of using the familiar with a twist and borrowing from every type of anime cliche out there, I'm 90% certain if a third person is introduced, it'll be a guy (probably played by a female voice) in order to attract all the yaoi fans. B))

Edited by sdf2501

Yeah, WTF was that? That wasn't just bad, it was totally out of nowhere and completely out of place. Ugh.

If y'all are referring to the fighting sequence, I guess it was just a device to

show us Brea's cyborg enhancements.

. I agree that it did seem kind of contrived, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the episode. ^_^

Well, this episode confirmed my suspicion of Brera's abilities. I wonder if Ranka french'd the Shin-actor after seeing Alto x Sheryl.

Alto was acting as a stuntman in that scene, that's why he was freaking out about the kissing, and also why Sheryl decided to take initiative on the front of kisses, making it their first mutual kiss

:D.

Alto was acting as a stuntman in that scene, that's why he was freaking out about the kissing, and also why Sheryl decided to take initiative on the front of kisses, making it their first mutual kiss

:D.

Sheryl's a virgin kiss stealer! And since you never really see a guy end up with the very first girl he kisses, I guess we all have to assume that Alto ends up with Ranka.

You can't beat that logic! :lol:

Just finished watching the RAW file.

OMG, this episode was a mix of win and true wtf moments, but mostly win. Lucky Alto

getting both girls in one episode, Roy sempai would be proud

. I can't wait to watch the subs, I really want to understand whats going on and

what's the reason behind doing a M0 movie (how did the events became public? how do they explain these events? who's behind the movie production? )

Here's my scores for this episode:

Plot development 7/10

(That's an addition of scores really, 3/10 frontier-wise, 4/10 franchise-wise)

Animation 5/10

Character development 9/10

Love Triangle F**k Yeah!

Action 6/10

Mecha Pron 5/10

(would've been a 2/10 if it hadn't been for that VF-0D cameo)

Overall 7/10

I didnt like the way the animation was in the fight with the zentraedi pet beast and Alto and Brera. It looked like a campy 70s anime.

It looked like an episode of Outlaw Star . . .

I suspect there will be friction if I bring up Aisha's full name . . .

Going by his arm after the fight, is Brera a cyborg? Someone said he might be from Galaxy in a prev ep discussion IIRC

:ph34r:

Looks to me like he is a Terminator. It looked like flesh wrapped around a robotic skeleton frame. Whether you want to call a creature like that a cyborg or a robot or android or whatever is up to you. I think one term that is correct is 'artificial human'. Brera is clearly built and maybe partly grown. Very strange. Maybe we shall see some of the Macross Plus AI issues creeping into this series.

Taksraven

The episode wasn't too bad. I cringed really bad at the middle sequence though.

I didn't have too much of a problem with it, although watching it a second time, it was the in-betweeners that really suffered.

I'm fairly certain that'll be fixed for home release. There was absolutely no detail in the in-between animations. You can tell because as soon as the action paused, all of this detail would magically appear. Obviously, those frames were rushed.

The episode wasn't too bad. I cringed really bad at the middle sequence though.

As much as I don't like to criticise the animation,

if you are talking about the sequence where Alto tries to save Ranka, the animation was certainly 'out there'.

T

a

k

s

r

a

v

e

n

I'm fairly certain that'll be fixed for home release.

I hear this atleast once almost every episode. I don't think they are reanimating the entire series for DVD. The money went into the mecha, we just have to live with it and move on.

One thing would have made this episode cooler for me and that would have been the inclusion of some of the M0 music, maybe over the closing titles. Maybe an updated version like they did for the old song in the Deculture edition closing titles. :)

I wonder if SK indulged himself during the episode and provided his own voice for his character? Anybody know if this happened. Cool if he did.

Taksraven

I just watched the Raw... woah, this episode was really well done.

Ranka seems now on her way to stardom thanks to this movie. I loved the entire Macross Zero bit. You know I was thinking about some of this movie their making and I have a theory about the supposed declassification of the AFOS incident. Was it really declassified completely? It seemed to me that they were filming this movie as if it was fictional but we all know it really happened in this universe. Maybe they didn't declassify everything and just admitting some things happened (such as the skirmish with Anti-UN forces after the war was over), and then for plausible deniability issues, someone involved in the government who knew the true story wrote some of the top secret stuff like the AFOS bit and had it written up as a movie. So everyone things it is only partially true when it fact it is completely true. Such a thing is used in other shows like Stargate where a TV show about the actual thing can be used a plausible deniability about the actual thing as a cover up. Well that's just my theory anyway.

As for Brera, well his arm is definitely cybernetic. I imagine if he isn't fully a cybernetic life form (which I kind of hope not), then perhaps he was injured long ago and Galaxy Fleet being the cybernetic masters they are were able to fix him. This could make sense if Brera is form the 117th which I believe it probably is. He is injured in that attack, somehow ends up with Galaxy where he is repaired cybernetically.

As for that fight sequence, even I'll admit when that started I thought there was a problem with the video before I realize that was just weird animation. I don't know why only in that part but it didn't stop me from liking the episode.

Can't wait for subs, must find out what they were saying!!!

To the Duke...

Eh, the fight between the T-101 and the Varja Gryphon didn't bug me. I was waiting for Alto to say "VF-25, I choose you!" though...

The Griffin thing was in the 8th episode it was near the carrot cart.

I think it is interesting that it seems that Leon is attached to someone definately outside of Frontier. Also the fact when he was watching the 27 video he seemed like he was probbing to see what his men knew.

What, another pause??? RAGE...

Yeah, sport is THE most important thing in the world. Don't you know that?

Recently we had to wait a week extra for Dr Who thanks to the EUROVISION SONG CONTEST!!!!!!

Taksraven

Done!

SK isn't out of cash, he's saving it for a better mecha PrOn :ph34r:

BTW,

So about the cat-hawk hybrid Hydra, is it normal for Frontier to have it? I think I heard the operatives from Galaxy said she "introduced" Hydra to the island and got something to do with Vajra, etc. attraction to Ranka song.

I might get killed by saying this...Miranda>>the real Sara

^_^

The Griffin thing was in the 8th episode it was near the carrot cart.

I think it is interesting that it seems that Leon is attached to someone definately outside of Frontier. Also the fact when he was watching the 27 video he seemed like he was probbing to see what his men knew.

Didn't pick that up but what about this shot of the Griffin from Ep05.

Subtitle for the episode should have been

"When Zentradi pets attack!!"

From episode 5

post-7338-1212718903_thumb.jpg

I hear this atleast once almost every episode. I don't think they are reanimating the entire series for DVD. The money went into the mecha, we just have to live with it and move on.

Oh I agree with that. A lot of people have complained about the animation quality at times, and I don't necessarily agree. I think that they've been fine, although given the previous output of Chinese studios on other projects, I'm more prone to blame them rather than the Filipino studios at this point in time.

It's just that the main animators for this episode was Nara Animation and Satellite and the quality of their previous episodes has been very consistent. This particular scene wasn't, so I'm willing to bet that above the rest of the last nine episodes, that scene will definitely be redone, simply because it's the in-between frames that need the work. Other scenes in previous episodes would have to be completely re-done to fix them (ex. Sheryl's concert scenes in episode 7) because the key frames were crap as well, but not this particular scene since the key frames are fine.

Anyways, that scene is a very minor quibble and I'm not one to normally complain about the animation quality. I loved this episode.