About the Macross Chronicles

Well, the Britai page confirms that Ogotai related to him by cloning. They also show a picture of Elmo, but say that it unknown whether or not he and Britai are from the same family...

I'd really like to read a detailed translation or synopsis of that. Britai is my favorite character from SDFM.

I'd really like to read a detailed translation or synopsis of that. Britai is my favorite character from SDFM.

I'd like to oblige, but it really depends on how fast I can crank out the necessary stuff for the Macross Translation Project. I don't have a whole lot of breathing room right now, but that could change by September or October.

I'd like to oblige, but it really depends on how fast I can crank out the necessary stuff for the Macross Translation Project. I don't have a whole lot of breathing room right now, but that could change by September or October.

No problem! I'm always happy with every iota you can eek out! :lol:

Well, the Britai page confirms that Ogotai related to him by cloning. They also show a picture of Elmo, but say that it unknown whether or not he and Britai are from the same family...

Actually, when it mentions that Ogotai shares a similar appearance to Britai, it reads クローニングのためか, which means "possibly due to cloning..."

As usual, it makes me think the editors do not really have that much more information than we do.

EDIT -- Just got the new issue today, the Zentradi army illustration is amazing, it reminds me of a Votoms poster. Also, next issue will feature the long-awaited return of the Gallery pages, with Macross 7 Trash, no less! :D

Edited by Renato

Actually, when it mentions that Ogotai shares a similar appearance to Britai, it reads クローニングのためか, which means "possibly due to cloning..."

As usual, it makes me think the editors do not really have that much more information than we do.

Yeah...later I noticed my error...and then I forgot to edit my post. Sorry, all. :unsure:

VF-17 in the next Chronicle!

■メカニックシート

・VF-17 ナイトメア

・VF-11B サンダーボルト

・民間車両

・VT-1C オストリッチ

■キャラクターシート

・ガムリン・木崎

・地球統合軍の人々

・早乙女一門

■タイムラインシート

・Fire Bomberデビュー

■ヒストリーシート

・フロンティア船団内バジュラ発生事件

■テクノロジーシート

・オーバーテクノロジー

■用語辞典

・S.M.S~エミリア・ジーナス

■グッズシート

・バンダイ マクロスファイターコレクション

For the Japanese impaired:

Mechanical Sheet

*VF-17 Nightmare

*VF-11B Thunderbolt [i guess this is the B-sheet]

*Civilian/Private vehicles

*VT-1C Ostrich

Character sheet

*Gamlin Kizaki [Again!!!!?????]

*People of UN Forces [Maybe the M7 people I guess]

* Saotome School

Timeline Sheet

*Fire Bomber Debut

History Sheet

*Vajra breakout on the Frontier Fleet

Technology sheet

*OverTechnology

Glossary Sheet

*SMS thru Emilia Jenius

Goods Sheet

*Bandai Macross Fighter collection

Eh... another issue I really can't get worked up about. From the coverart it looks like this's gonna be the VF-17S Nightmare. Too much Macross 7 and Macross Dynamite 7 stuff lately... I want some more DYRL/FB2012/II stuff... especially after they dared tease me with new information in the VF-2SS sheet.

Yea, I've gotten all mine from HLJ. They're not the fastest, but they're probably the cheapest option out there.

I hear ya. In fact I just got a large batch of them in yesterday. Woohoo!

I got a shipping notice on July 22nd and they arrived on Aug. 11th. So, about 3 weeks from Japan to Atlanta, GA. That's about average speed for me. The shortest was about 1.5 weeks and the longest was 5 weeks.

Now I'm caught up to issue 26. I will need to get a couple more binders on the next batch.

It says "8-engined all-wing giant['s] bomber" (...)

No, it doesn't.

8発全翼巨人爆撃機 = (literally) 8 launching all wing giant bomber; or translated: all-wing anti-giant* bomber; attacking with 8 (kinds of) weapon(s).

*presumably Zentoraadi

'Giant' is written as 巨人 (kyujin) (...)

kyojin. きょじん.

Edited by sketchley

Just browsing through my copy of #27. In the mecha development timeline for the VF-19, it states that the YF-24 is the direct successor to the VF-19.

Anyway, I hope somewhere along the line we have more info on the YF-24, looks like an interesting delta-wingvalk. =)

Just browsing through my copy of #27. In the mecha development timeline for the VF-19, it states that the YF-24 is the direct successor to the VF-19.

It stated that back in #22.

Contents of 30... if I'm screwing anything up, feel free to correct me. I'm doing this one on the fly at the office, so I don't have my dictionary and whatnot on hand...

Mechanic Sheets

VB-6 Konig Monster

Zentradi Troop Battleship

City 7 Commercial Vehicles

Character Sheets

SMS Crew(?)

Nanase Matsura

Lynn Minmay

Lynn Kaifun

Timeline Sheet

Fire Bomber and Rapid Advance(?)

History Sheet

Formation of Sound Force

Worldguide Sheet

Birdhuman

Technology Sheet

Variable Fighter / Basic 3-form

Glossary Sheet

MDE (bullet/warhead?) ~ Ozma Lee

Goods Sheet

Bandai 1/72 VF-25S Messiah Valkyrie

Song Sheet

My Boyfriend is a Pilot / Shao Pai Lon

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Contents of 30... if I'm screwing anything up, feel free to correct me. I'm doing this one on the fly at the office, so I don't have my dictionary and whatnot on hand...

Character Sheets

SMS Crew(?)

Nanase Matsura

Lynn Minmay

Lynn Kaifun

I am SO there. ^_^

Edited by Gubaba

I've noticed that in the Glossary sheets there is a reference with picture to Aegis Focker. Does it say anything interesting (I'm afraid I buy chronicles just for the art, as I don't understand a word of japèanese)?Is this an hint at a future inclusion of the VFX timeline, mechas and charas? I hope so!

And has anyone noticed that the VF17S colors do not match the TV colors? The head is grey when it should be mostly white. I've noticed other color errors, too (armored VF17S has the shoulder stripes of the 17D and VF1S Super has white back-leg armor plates instead of grey ones, both in battroid and in fighter mode).

I've noticed that in the Glossary sheets there is a reference with picture to Aegis Focker. Does it say anything interesting (I'm afraid I buy chronicles just for the art, as I don't understand a word of japèanese)?Is this an hint at a future inclusion of the VFX timeline, mechas and charas? I hope so!

The listings I've see span to issue 50. We're only on #30. So anything is still possible.

And has anyone noticed that the VF17S colors do not match the TV colors? The head is grey when it should be mostly white. I've noticed other color errors, too (armored VF17S has the shoulder stripes of the 17D and VF1S Super has white back-leg armor plates instead of grey ones, both in battroid and in fighter mode).

I won't worry to much about the coloring. It's just part of a growing list of typos.

Yes, I’ve noticed many of the color mistakes inside various pages of the Macross Chronicle. I’m trying my best to be on the lookout for errors, but we have to be careful what we nit pick because the Chronicle does get it right. In many cases, the Chronicle artists have access to original animation cells and materials that we fans don’t. They can therefore match colors to the animation much better than we can.

In addition to the rare instances where the Chronicle artists get actual colors wrong, there are also “filling” errors and “shading” errors aplenty. For example, the colorists accidentally filled a gap between the left arm and the inside of the YF-21. A similar error occurs with the Heracles from Macross II. See attached examples.

However, I have to note that the VF-17S Nightmare head unit appears to be correct in the Chronicle. According to screenshots from the Macross 7 Remastered DVD set, the VF-17S does appear to have a slightly blue/grey head unit, not white. See attached picture collage.

I’ll correct what I can of my own pictures and revise the Macross Mecha Manual so we can enjoy the best of both worlds. The coloring will be one of the rare instances where the English fans will enjoy slightly better final result :)

post-114-1251428533_thumb.jpg

post-114-1251428597_thumb.jpg

post-114-1251428605_thumb.jpg

You can't have everything, Graham. :lol:

It's like buying Yamato valks. You can't always expect them toys to be assembled perfectly before you purchase them.

I'm just grateful they're doing the Macross Chronicles. It's the closest thing to a bible for us fans.

The Evangelion Chronicle was later published as a couple of books...perhaps the same thing will happen with Macross Chronicle? And if so, maybe they'll fix some of the errors.

Chronicle #31:

Mechanic Sheet

* VF-11 Thunderbolt

* QF-2001 Ghost / QF-2200D Ghost

* Queadluun-Rau

* VF-171 Nightmare Plus

Character Sheet

* Miho Miho / Sally S. Ford

* Alice Holiday

* Military Personnel aboard the Macross

* Frontier Civilians

* Lynn Minmay

Timeline Sheet

* The Purpose of the Varauta

History Sheet

* The Spread of Culture on Britai's Ship

World Guide Sheet

* Galactic Whales

Technology Sheet

*Variable Fighter: Development History 2

Glossary Sheet

*Onogi City ~ Gavigla

Goods Sheet

* Bandai Hi-Metal Series: VT-1 Superostrich

Chronicle #31:

Mechanic Sheet

* VF-11 Thunderbolt

* QF-2001 Ghost / QF-2200D Ghost

* Queadluun-Rau

* VF-171 Nightmare Plus

Woohoo! VF-11C!. Meh. There's more???? :blink: And Woo hoo! VF-171 B-sheet?!?!?!?!

Character Sheet

* Miho Miho / Sally S. Ford

* Lynn Minmay

My enthusiasm for Miho and Sally is mellowed by the fact that there's more Minmay. :blink: Are we done with her yet????

Timeline Sheet

* The Purpose of the Varauta

To suck people dry of Spiritia????

Technology Sheet

*Variable Fighter: Development History 2

There's more????

It's the Macross 7 VF11 and is depicted by Tenjin in battroid mode.

Perhaps I should clarify.

Mechanic Sheet

* VF-11 Thunderbolt - Woohoo! VF-11C!.

* QF-2001 Ghost / QF-2200D Ghost - Meh.

* Queadluun-Rau - There's more???? :blink:

* VF-171 Nightmare Plus - And Woo hoo! VF-171 B-sheet?!?!?!?!