Macross Frontier Episode 9 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 9 Rating  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate episode 9?

• Positive (Michael and Klan put an arrow my heart..awwwwww)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (I can shoot better than that womanizer)

Welcome to the Macross Frontier Episode 9 Talkback Thread

Previous Episode threads:

Episode 3: "On Your Marks" + Opening Theme "Triangler"

Episode 4: "Miss Macross" + Opening Theme "Triangler"

Episode 5: "Star Date" + Ending Theme "Diamond Crevasse"

Episode 6: "Bye Bye Sheryl" + Ending Theme "Diamond Crevasse" + "SMS Team Song: That Girl's an Alien" (Macross Radio rip)

Episode 7: "First Attack"

Episode 8: "High School Queen"

Guidelines:

• Macross Frontier episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum beyond this post. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Veoh.com (formerly Stage6) or related video-sharing or video streaming site links, Rapidshare/Megaupload/etc. links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. We will provide download locations for you. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to a mod if you have a file sharing link that is not listed and it will be added within 24 hours or send Boinger a PM with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk to the Mecha Thread and news for the News Thread. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers (i.e. rumors or magazine scans of future episodes) for the News thread. Previews for the next week's episode are excluded from this rule.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).
  • Please use spoiler tags for the first 12-hours after an episode airs.
  • For summaries and screenshots, please check out Random Curiosity's Anime Blog (Please remember, no image linking from that blog. Text links only.) :)

Availability

• Raw: Available: x264 AAC 1280x720 MP4, 704x396 DivX6.8 AVI, x264 1440x1080 VFR AAC MP4
  • Subtitled:

• Chinese: 840x480 RMVB
    • English: Chihiro H264 MKV + .ASS file, [GG] 704x396 MKV, 1920x1080 MKV (GG+foganime), [AiA-IZ] MP4, [Lunar] 1280x720 MKV, 704x400 AVI, [shinsen] AVI
    • Spanish: [WZF] 848x480 MP4
  • Original Soundtrack vol. 1: [Q-R] WV lossless CD + Booklet, [LonE] Lossless FLAC, MP3: Megaupload 1, Megaupload 2, Megaupload 3

Episode download links

General sites (Raws and subtitled, but mostly Raws)

Subtitled versions

Other

Thread and poll opens at 12:25PM EST/9:25AM PST (25:25 JST)

Crossing fingers for some VF-171 battroid love in this episode.

Graham

Hmm, I've a bad feeling, usually, whenever a cannon fodder valk transforms into battroid mode, it usually condems it to deestruction within the next scene or so.

Whoa, Michael VF-25 got bitch slapped by Klan

VF-27 code name purple 1, his boss is a female (Grace voice?)

:blink:

Edited by Morpheus

So what was up with that derelict ship and the -27? Can't say he was defending it, as he blew it up at the end of the episode. More like he was going to check it out himself, and when it became clear he would not have the chance, he blew it before anyone else could. More shadowy intrigue!

Oh yes, you can clearly see the NUNS insignia on the -27 in this episode.

Yay, from that image it looks like as we suspected the regular animation studio is back handling character animation duties for this episode.

Graham

Sorry Graham, no VF-171, but you are right, the animation for this episode seem to be back in standard, but watching next week's preview... i can't say the same for the next episode...

Keyhole TV is great. Had it installed and watching ep 9 within 2 minutes. Only caught the last 10 mins though

Some nice mecha action in this, including VF-25 vs VF-27 dogfight and VF-27 vs Q-Rea.

Saw Klan's Q-Rea get's shot down by the purple VF-27. Not sure if she was injured or not though. We see her in micronised form at the end and she looks fine, although not sure if that was supposed to be a flashback scene or not.

Nice dogfighting betwen Alto's VF-25 and the purple VF-27 as well.

Purple definitely seems like a bad guy judging from his actions in the 10 mins I saw.

Graham

Sorry Graham, no VF-171, but you are right, the animation for this episode seem to be back in standard, but watching next week's preview... i can't say the same for the next episode...

I've come to realize that you can't tell animation quality of the next episode just by the preview. Some great looking episodes have had really crappy previews.

Keyhole TV is great. Had it installed and watching ep 9 within 2 minutes. Only caught the last 10 mins though

Some nice mecha action in this, including VF-25 vs VF-27 dogfight and VF-27 vs Q-Rea.

Saw Klan's Q-Rea get's shot down by the purple VF-27. Not sure if she was injured or not though. We see her in micronised form at the end and she looks fine, although not sure if that was supposed to be a flashback scene or not.

Nice dogfighting betwen Alto's VF-25 and the purple VF-27 as well.

Purple definitely seems like a bad guy judging from his actions in the 10 mins I saw.

Graham

"Kira Yamato" (Guy in VF-27) seems to be a bad guy at this point, but I also wonder if there is more to grace as well, seeing how she is tapping into the system... Anyway, think Klan is ok by the end of the episode, that scene seems to show that Alto seems to have "forgiven" Mikhail, after Klan's pep talk.

I'm not sure about the quality on the Keyhole TV, but if it's similar to that on Youtube, you're missing a lot. There's even a lot of stuff that I missed on my 19" monitor that shows up great on the new highvision 33" that we got. Those asteroids looked great!

Graham

She was ok. It wasn't clear to me if she was injured or not at the end of the battle, but I remember her saying something vaguely along the lines of not beng able to keep her eyes open. Perhaps she over exherted herself during combat? Or can't face that she lost? She definitely wasn't injured at the end of the episode.

It was nice to see Alto get smacked around a bit (but not quite to the extreme that Mihael went to.) Funny how Luca stops Alto, but is powerless against Mihael!

What was up with those eggs? I got the impression that they are Vajra related... perhaps the dude in the purple VF is the result of a Protoculture agency that survived, and the Vajra are a bio-weapon project that has escaped the lab thousands of years ago?

I really like the directions that the series is going. Another good episode with the right mix of character, action and humor.

Edited by sketchley

Oh, if it's not clear, the NUNS chick who ended up shooting herself in the head, after the courtmartial after shooting someone in a case of friendly fire, is Mihael's older sister. Thus, his friendly fire issues, and probably some of his attitude problem that reared it's ugly head in the episode.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode, but I'm perplexed why the MF kids are on the M0 island. Perhaps it's an island in one of the colony ships in the M25 fleet? The one in the Newtype article has a rather large "sea" as well as a snow covered mountain. More than enough room for a tropical island. Nevertheless, it's great that MF hasn't forgotten about the previous Macross series. Perhaps Kawamori-san will provide some further enlightenment to the meaning of M0 in the greater Macross universe as MF progresses.

I'm not sure about the quality on the Keyhole TV, but if it's similar to that on Youtube, you're missing a lot. There's even a lot of stuff that I missed on my 19" monitor that shows up great on the new highvision 33" that we got. Those asteroids looked great!

It's actually slighty worse than Youtube. The screens I pulled from 2ch...almost like that in quality, with less fuzz.

She was ok. It wasn't clear to me if she was injured or not at the end of the battle, but I remember her saying something vaguely along the lines of not beng able to keep her eyes open. Perhaps she over exherted herself during combat? Or can't face that she lost? She definitely wasn't injured at the end of the episode.

Her suit was banged up pretty bad, but she's ok.

I really like the directions that the series is going. Another good episode with the right mix of character, action and humor.

Bingo.

Caught the episode on Keyhole, actually was surprised as to how good it seems to be-- holding out final judgment till I can see a sub.

Whoa, Michael VF-25 got bitch slapped by Klan

VF-27 code name purple 1, his boss is a female (Grace voice?)

:blink:

I'm thinking that too.

The voice giving the V-27 orders did sound like, at least to me, to be Grace's-- coupled with her spying on the meeting, the pieces seem to fit

Though it was hard to tell for sure with the low quality of my Keyhole Stream.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode, but I'm perplexed why the MF kids are on the M0 island. Perhaps it's an island in one of the colony ships in the M25 fleet? The one in the Newtype article has a rather large "sea" as well as a snow covered mountain. More than enough room for a tropical island. Nevertheless, it's great that MF hasn't forgotten about the previous Macross series. Perhaps Kawamori-san will provide some further enlightenment to the meaning of M0 in the greater Macross universe as MF progresses.

Next ep: They're filming a M0 dramatization. The assigned actress can't play Mao so Ranka gets pulled in to portray Mao Nome.

It's actually slighty worse than Youtube. The screens I pulled from 2ch...almost like that in quality, with less fuzz.

If I could, I would like to get the Blueray release of the series... but I don't think I'll be able to convince the wife until the prices drop another couple ten thousand yen... though, I'm not going to get the DVDs. I've been playing a few on the new 33" highvision TV, and the low quality of the format shows. Macross F doesn't have the HV stamp, but the broadcast quality is really, really high. I'm constantly blown away with the little details they add (highly detailed asteroids, cable used by Mihael to latch on to stuff, etc..)

i am confused

what is going on, i dun understand japanese and i dun understand esp 9.

why are NUNS shooting SMS??

If you're refering to the VF-171, they were not firing at SMS. If you're referring to the Purple VF, it hasn't been established yet that it is a NUNS fighter. Given the extreme technology differences, it is highly unlikely that it is a NUNS fighter, let alone a human-as-we've-seen-so-far-in-all-the-Macross-series vehicle.

There is an episode where they do a movie on Frontier based on the events of Zero, so possibly this could be a lead up to that.

If you're refering to the VF-171, they were not firing at SMS. If you're referring to the Purple VF, it hasn't been established yet that it is a NUNS fighter. Given the extreme technology differences, it is highly unlikely that it is a NUNS fighter, let alone a human-as-we've-seen-so-far-in-all-the-Macross-series vehicle.

Almost...all "logo" evidence shows the VF-27 to be both a NUNS fighter and one from Macross Galaxy.

Edited by Heron