Macross Live Action Movie Poster

fifbeat

... but I couldn't resist...

macross_movie_robotech.jpg

how.jpg

Since the original post was locked...

I spent a few hours on this. I was gonna do a really REALLY good one (like, spend days on it), but I couldn't invest any more time. Good catch for those who knew it was the work of a low budget filipino. Thanks, to those who thought it was real. =)

All in fun, folks. All in fun.

Edited by fifbeat

Thanks.

As far as choosing actors, I was basically doing google searches and choosing the first few I'd come across.

The misa girl? I don't know. Just some random asian chick I came across.

But the girl who plays Minmay is a popular Korean actress:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZdJNdGyNOTM&feature=related

She's basically the only one I would choose for a Minmay... the rest are just rushes! =)

P.S. That Henry J Global above would be a great choice.

Edited by fifbeat

I will do some Youtube trailers (with MACROSS music!!!) with these and many more pics of fan art for a Live Action MACROSS Movie... ^_^

(I thought of non-japanese actors for the characters that are not japanese, hehehe...)

My choices are... (in the same order of the images, hehe)

Golg Boddole Zer - Tommy "Tiny" Lister

Milia Fallyna - Milla Jovovich (almost the same name!!!) :ph34r:

Bruno Global - Goran Visnjic

Vrlitwhai Kridanik - Clive Owen

Quamzin Kravshera - Paul Bettany

Maximilian Jenius - Jared Leto

post-7862-1211866929_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1211866945_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1211866955_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1211866967_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1211866977_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1211867171_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

- Well Millia is Virginie Ledoyen an amazing french actress and hot btw.

- Max is 3 french actors who look like they could pull off the role

- Roy is Brad Pitt, mainly despite his pretty boy appearance could pull off the role very well.

- Global is Javier Bardem, an italian actor (Global is Italian too) who is capable of pulling off the role as well.

- I'd choose May'n for Minmay, simply because she has the looks and the voice to do the job.

- For Claudia I'd choose between Tracie Thoms or Kerry Washington, both can bring the character some depth.

- Kamjin could definitely be done by Clive Owen

- Vritai would be a tough call, since you need someone with presence, but quiet dignity

- LapLamis could be Dina Mayer, an amazing under appreciated actress.

- Hikaru would have to be a talented unkown with a cast like this.

Edited by Zinjo

- Roy is Brad Pitt, mainly despite his pretty boy appearance could pull off the role very well.

I agree. But, let's think a little realistically... unless he's a fan of the series (which is very possible he's at least a fan of Robotech), there's no way they'd get a hot shot A-list guy like Brad Pitt to be in a Macross flick.

But you're right, he'd make an EXCELLENT Roy.

I think it would be cool if the main role of Hikaru actually went to a Japanese dude.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...Ok... I'll play.

Hikaru-Tom Welling

Roy-Viggo Mortensen

Misa-Jennifer Aniston

Global-Edward James Olmos

Max-Orlando Bloom

Kakizaki-Jon Favreau

Claudia-Halle Berry

Minmei-Kristin Kreuk

Breetai-CG (voice-Ving Rhames or Vin Diesel?)

Exedore-CG

Millia-Kate Winslet

Meltrandi Queen-CG (with Glen Close's voice.)

I agree. But, let's think a little realistically... unless he's a fan of the series (which is very possible he's at least a fan of Robotech), there's no way they'd get a hot shot A-list guy like Brad Pitt to be in a Macross flick.

But you're right, he'd make an EXCELLENT Roy.

I think it would be cool if the main role of Hikaru actually went to a Japanese dude.

Don't know about this one...heard a rumor that one of the major hollywood studios had purchased the rights to Robotech and considering Toby McGuire to play the role of Rick Hunter/Hikaru Ichijo.

:huh:

OO

Ok...Ok... I'll play.

Hikaru-Tom Welling

Roy-Viggo Mortensen

Misa-Jennifer Aniston

Max-Orlando Bloom

Kakizaki-Jon Favreau

Claudia-Halle Berry

Minmei-Kristin Kreuk

Exedore-CG

Millia-Kate Winslet

Hikaru - Elijah Wood

Roy - Russell Crowe

Misa - Cameron Diaz

Global - Ian McKellan

Max - Collin Farrell

Kakizaki - Jack Black or Sean Anstin

Claudia - Malinda or Vanessa Williams

Minmei - Ziyi Zhang

Breetai - CG (voice-Ving Rhames or Vin Diesel?) Excellent choices, but what about James Earl Jones?

Exedore - Flavor Flav

Millia - Kate Winslet Right on the money with this one!

Meltrandi Queen - Meryl Streep

B))

OO

Flava f*&%in' Flav?!!! Ya gotta be kiddin me!

...and YES Kate Winslet does have a great rack!!!

As much as I hate RT... I do love Lawrence Kasdan.

A "good source" for the folks over at CHUD says that Lawrence Kasdan has been drafted for scripting duties on the Tobey Maguire-led ROBOTECH live action movie adaptation.

Fascinating choice, if correct.

Geeks will remember Kasdan as a scripter on THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (with Leigh Brackett), RETURN OF THE JEDI (with Unca George), and RAIDER OF THE LOST ARK (from a story by Lucas & Philip Kaufman); he's also written/directed a raft of titles including SILVERADO, GRAND CANYON, WYATT EARP, and the awkward adaptation of Stephen King's DREAMCATCHER. He's recently been associated with the long-brewing remake of CLASH OF THE TITANS as well.

Edited by Skullsixx

Ok...Ok... I'll play.

Hikaru-Tom Welling

Roy-Viggo Mortensen

Misa-Jennifer Aniston

Max-Orlando Bloom

Kakizaki-Jon Favreau

Claudia-Halle Berry

Minmei-Kristin Kreuk

Exedore-CG

Millia-Kate Winslet

Great idea, ask the guy playing Admiral Adama in Battlestar Galactica! Why didn't I think of that?

Hikaru - Elijah Wood

Roy - Russell Crowe

Misa - Cameron Diaz

Global - Ian McKellan

Max - Collin Farrell

Kakizaki - Jack Black or Sean Anstin

Claudia - Malinda or Vanessa Williams

Minmei - Ziyi Zhang

Breetai - CG (voice-Ving Rhames or Vin Diesel?) Excellent choices, but what about James Earl Jones?

Exedore - Flavor Flav

Millia - Kate Winslet Right on the money with this one!

Meltrandi Queen - Meryl Streep

B))

OO

OK, keep in Mind Hikaru is Japanese! And this isn't the RT casting call...

Hikaru - Elijah Wood Young asian actor!

Roy - Russell Crowe (Good call, Viggo would also be another great choice if Pitt wasn't interested)

Misa - Cameron Diaz (Asian actress - Grace Park maybe)

Global - Ian McKellan Global is Italian therefore an Italian or Spanish actor would work best here.(EJO doesn't do SciFi and only did BSG because it's a drama first - I stick with my choice here)

Max - Collin Farrell - A young Euro actor

Kakizaki - Jack Black or Sean Anstin Only if you were doing RT (again an asian actor is needed)

Claudia - Malinda or Vanessa Williams (VW is too old, the list of outstanding black actresses is too long)

Minmei - Ziyi Zhang May'n (some voice and acting lessions and there ya go) Ziyi doesn't have the singing voice to carry off the role - well unless it's robowreck, and there my sick cat could sing the songs then... Now if they had Mari Ijima do the voice over singing, then she and Ziyi would be a killer combo...

Breetai - CG (voice-Ving Rhames or Vin Diesel?) Excellent choices, but what about James Earl Jones? All good coices - Agreed if they go CG

Exedore - Flavor Flav - Only if the film is targetting Gangsta crackheads... :blink:

Millia - Kate Winslet Right on the money with this one! (too beefy for the role of Millia) I again would prefer a European actress who could bring her accent to the role emphasizing the differences in language.

Meltrandi Queen - Meryl Streep (huh?)

Millia - Kate Winslet Right on the money with this one! (too beefy for the role of Millia) I again would prefer a European actress who could bring her accent to the role emphasizing the differences in language.

Two words:

Eva Green