Macross Frontier music

working torrent.. no sticker scan though

Yeah...I'm looking for scans, too. Does anyone know how many stickers each one comes with? mike_s_6's link has the "uncensored" Sheryl cover and a Sheryl sticker...amazon.co.jp has the "uncensored" Ranka cover and a Ranka sticker...is that everything?

(Of course, I might break down and actually BUY the singles this weekend...depending on availability. In other words, if Kinokuniya has 'em, I'll get 'em.)

Yeah...I'm looking for scans, too. Does anyone know how many stickers each one comes with? mike_s_6's link has the "uncensored" Sheryl cover and a Sheryl sticker...amazon.co.jp has the "uncensored" Ranka cover and a Ranka sticker...is that everything?

(Of course, I might break down and actually BUY the singles this weekend...depending on availability. In other words, if Kinokuniya has 'em, I'll get 'em.)

There's three for Ranka, and two for Sheryl. The ones in Amazon.co.jp only show two of Ranka's, and one of Sheryl's. The link I provided only has a partial of Sheryl's other sticker. I don't feel like searching for big scans of these, but I'll post here if I find any.

Are you sure it wasn't a cameo from Sheryl/May'n? O_o'

I should've made myself clearer...I know it's not Bobby saying it (is it May'n? I'm not sure), but just the idea of Bobby singing a song about how his carrot loves you, and having it being played all sexy-like...

Brrrrrr.

Oh OK, and of course, all the 'iro iro' sounds 'ero ero' now... But I can definitely see it: Fun loving Sheryl hamming it up in the studio next to Bobby and sending out a special live dedication to Mr. 'I am a MAN' Ozma over the Macross Broadcast System, lol :D

Edited by drifand

Oh OK, and of course, all the 'iro iro' sounds 'ero ero' now... But I can definitely see it: Fun loving Sheryl hamming it up in the studio next to Bobby and sending out a special live dedication to Mr. 'I am a MAN' Ozma over the Macross Broadcast System, lol :D

I want to know who set up the recording sessions...I can just see Ranka saying to Elmo, "Mr. Kridanik, my hairstylist/make-up artist has ALWAYS wanted to be a singer just like Judy Garland and Bette Midler. Why don't we have a recording session?"

And Elmo's there thinking, "I already have Ranka and Sheryl...there's a THIRD girl out there like them? Man, is this my lucky day or WHAT?"

Speaking of music, whats you fave. song ? :)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28061

By the way, I was listening to Nyan Tama again this morning, and it struck me (not for the first time) how elegantly it's put together: the way it (generally) goes with either Ranka or Sheryl until there's a duet, and then it switches over to the other girl for a while, then another duet, and so on. And then Maaya Sakamoto pops in at the beginning and end of disc one, and the end of disc two.

I'm not really sure how "Space Brother Ship" or the SMS Song fit in, but that hardly matters, I suppose.

I have seen the third of Ranka's stickers just yesterday and I went uh-oh. Anyone else here seen it? I now think that the Sheryl ones are done with better detail and... with a bit more taste.

Which one? "Pretty Kitty"...? (Yeah, I saw the CDs at Kinokuniya a week or so ago, and broke down and bought them.)

I'm not sure the Sheryl stickers are more tasteful, really...but they don't show any actual nudity, unlike "Pretty Kitty." I still think the "Hard-On" sticker is more suggestive, though...mostly because of the chrome-like sheen on Ranka's butt.

Which one? "Pretty Kitty"...? (Yeah, I saw the CDs at Kinokuniya a week or so ago, and broke down and bought them.)

I'm not sure the Sheryl stickers are more tasteful, really...but they don't show any actual nudity, unlike "Pretty Kitty." I still think the "Hard-On" sticker is more suggestive, though...mostly because of the chrome-like sheen on Ranka's butt.

I haven't seen the "Pretty Kitty" one, but I've seen the other two and the Sheryl art. I think the big difference is that Sheryl's image and presentation was very mature and sexual from the early promotional art, wheras Ranka was played as a sweet young schoolgirl in both overall look and stage presence. Given that, officially produced erotic art of Sheryl is business as usual, wheras that of Ranka is pretty jarring.

I haven't seen the "Pretty Kitty" one, but I've seen the other two and the Sheryl art. I think the big difference is that Sheryl's image and presentation was very mature and sexual from the early promotional art, wheras Ranka was played as a sweet young schoolgirl in both overall look and stage presence. Given that, officially produced erotic art of Sheryl is business as usual, wheras that of Ranka is pretty jarring.

High quality scans of said images can be found....?

I've been listening to Sheryl's 'Brother Spaceship' continuously since I got the CDs from CDJapan... somehow it's incredibly addictive, kinda like my dad's old Japanese songs... another sign I'm growing older x_x

I find that one quite funny. I like Lion I can easily sing it in english well just don't ask me too record it for you because the microphone makes me sound funny

I'm currently listening to Maaya Sakamoto's new album...along with the same recording of "Triangler" that we all know and love, there's also a beautiful recording of "Blue Aether."

I'm not sure that that alone is worth the price of the album, but it's certainly lovely.

On a related note, Gabriela Robin's site has been down for a few days now... does anybody know what's up with that?

Site admin here, it's back up. I looked for a better hosting company that could accommodate the higher traffic, is more stable, and has polite support (all of which were not present in my old host!!!). So there, it's back up, I'll be posting about Kazeyomi when I can. It debuted on #2 in the Oricon dailies.

And Graham - I also wish for that. There are quite a good number of unreleased bgm too, but perhaps we have to wait until the movie is released. Though I wonder if they're not writing new ones for the movie...

Still hoping for a complete Macross Frontier BGM CD.

Graham

I second that. So much other stuff they need to put out, including some mixes & remixes of the instrumental tracks that were cool.

Taksraven

Site admin here, it's back up. I looked for a better hosting company that could accommodate the higher traffic, is more stable, and has polite support (all of which were not present in my old host!!!). So there, it's back up, I'll be posting about Kazeyomi when I can. It debuted on #2 in the Oricon dailies.

And Graham - I also wish for that. There are quite a good number of unreleased bgm too, but perhaps we have to wait until the movie is released. Though I wonder if they're not writing new ones for the movie...

Just checked out your amazing site-- the dates for the releases are one year off, 2008 instead of 2009!

I'm listening to "May'n Street" for the third time now...I like it A LOT better than I like May'n's early singles, mostly because it sounds more Sheryl-ish.

My dreams of building a fictional "Sheryl Album" are still dashed however...since she still seems intent on putting her name into her songs. "May'n Space" can't be a Sheryl song any more than "Fallin' In or Not" could, alas.

"Glorious Heart" would've been GREAT in Frontier, though...

As far as the unreleased BGM is concerned, I find it funny that, when I think back on the series, the mix of Alto's theme that sticks out most in my mind is the (unreleased) oboe version. That, and the "James bond kiss" theme that played in episode 10 are the songs I want most.

Hmmm, whilest i'm not busy exhuming old topics i think my personal top 3 of frontier are:

Fanclub's Night - because it's quite uptempo dancey

Lion - also dancey, but has both singers yay!

Seikan Hikou - this one is cute