Macross Frontier music

Is that it for the soundtracks then? It would be a pity if it was because they STILL have not released a lot of the good instrumental stuff.

Taksraven

Heaven forbid we have to wait for the 2018 release of some kind of "MACROSS F THE COMPLETE" box set to get the unreleased tracks...personally, I'm hoping for a BGM collection early next year...or as bonus tracks on the movie soundtrack. Remember that the version of "Rain" that ACTUALLY APPEARED in episode 5 of Cowboy Bebop didn't make it to CD until the movie soundtrack came out three years later...

Come on, they can only stuff in as much songs in 2 CDs XD

I love Nyan Tama dearly, but I would've preferred the Bobby songs and the Linn Minmé version of the Nyan Nyan CM instead of the karaoke tracks...

I love Nyan Tama dearly, but I would've preferred the Bobby songs and the Linn Minmé version of the Nyan Nyan CM instead of the karaoke tracks...

I share your sentiments for the Minmeh one, but the Bobby ones were not used in the animation, I suppose that's why they're releasing those separately. I really bet those won't sell too well XD

I share your sentiments for the Minmeh one, but the Bobby ones were not used in the animation, I suppose that's why they're releasing those separately. I really bet those won't sell too well XD

Yeah...as I said elsewhere, I think the "Macross F Top 5" streak will end with those. Although I notice they're downplaying Bobby and playing up Ranka and Sheryl...so maybe enough people will be fooled.

Never happy. :lol:

Oh come on that's unfair Now you made me someone who's always complaining. :rolleyes:

Anyway THIS IS MACROSSWORLD. It won't be macrossworld without complaints constructive criticism.

Heaven forbid we have to wait for the 2018 release of some kind of "MACROSS F THE COMPLETE" box set to get the unreleased tracks...personally, I'm hoping for a BGM collection early next year...or as bonus tracks on the movie soundtrack. Remember that the version of "Rain" that ACTUALLY APPEARED in episode 5 of Cowboy Bebop didn't make it to CD until the movie soundtrack came out three years later...

Looking at how we waited 10 years for a proper Fire Bomber complete VOCAL collection...i feel afraid that your prophecy might be right. I also wanted Bobby songs in this OST. :( oooh well.

Just more reason to collect the singles, nyan?

Well i dun collect singles....and my wallet is burnt already. :(

I somehow missed this coming out until I ran across the LonE torrent. Not surprising since I've sort of moved on from Ranka and Sheryl for the time being. Good to hear it worth grabbing. Maybe it will revive my interest. I wonder if the full Sheryl Aimo is better than the lame snippet in the series.

I'd rather have the rest of the score to be honest. The songs are great and all, but I really want the theme played when stealing the Macross Quarter. I can't believe that one's not on anything.

Any english tracklist out there for the japanese impaired?

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Diamond Crevasse.

Best usage: The end of episode 20 when Michel dies.

The song enhanced an incredibly dramatic moment to begin with and then with the way the lyrics fit the scene and the way it rolled into the credits.... I still get chills.

Absolutely correct. Very similar (ie they used the same song) to the fantastic ending of Ep 06 when the fleet leaves to 'rescue' Macross Galaxy.

Also, the episode 'Northern Cross' with that tune carrying over into the closing titles. In each case it was done in an effective and touching manner.

Taksraven

Some of us still don't know all the titles by heart >_> *raises hand weakly*

Oh, MisaForsworn, whatever shall we do with you? :p

I bet if Klan were the singer, you'd not only know all the titles, you'd have the lyrics memorized...in Japanese, no less. :D

Anyway, I know the Gabriela Robin fansite has the English titles, but I'm too tired to look for the link...

Absolutely correct. Very similar (ie they used the same song) to the fantastic ending of Ep 06 when the fleet leaves to 'rescue' Macross Galaxy.

Also, the episode 'Northern Cross' with that tune carrying over into the closing titles. In each case it was done in an effective and touching manner.

Taksraven

Don't forget "Triangler." Great use of the opening song to end an episode.

I bet if Klan were the singer, you'd not only know all the titles, you'd have the lyrics memorized...in Japanese, no less. :D

Hmm, do they have plan to release character sounds? Maybe both Gubaba and MisaForever will have their dry dream came true (as in Luca singing 'Santi-U' and Klan singing 'My Boyfriend is a Pilot') ^_^

Diamond Crevasse.

Best usage: The end of episode 20 when Michel dies.

The song enhanced an incredibly dramatic moment to begin with and then with the way the lyrics fit the scene and the way it rolled into the credits.... I still get chills.

I fully agree. Before Ep20, Diamond Crevesse was a nice song but not exceptional. Now, and I may be over-emoting, but when I hear the song the images of Michael's death comes into play and the whole song seems that much more emotional and sad.

Do you really need it? You know all the songs... ^_^

Well, not anymore since I cleared the space and grabbed the torrent. It was more of a "what's on this that I don't already have" type request.

Oh, and I liked Diamond Crevasse long before 20. eck, 20 changed nothing for me when it comes to the song. It's probably the only foreign language song where my reaction to it changed after reading the translation. Usually knowing the lyrics does affect me, but now, I find it difficult to listen to at times, in a good way. It's just so damn easy to relate to. So it's my favorite Sheryl ballad.

May´n Mini Abum

61Sf6Q1q5uL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

:wub:

2009.1.21 IN STORES

Original Mini Album

「メイン☆ストリート」

VTCL-60090 ¥2,200(tax in)

■収録曲

1. May'n☆Space

作詞:真名杏樹 作曲:菅野よう子 編曲:鈴木雅也

2. キスを頂戴

作詞:シライシ紗トリ 作曲・編曲:シライシ紗トリ

3. BLUE

作詞:May'n 作曲:May'n 編曲:シライシ紗トリ

4. Glorious Heart

作詞:シライシ紗トリ、Candy 作曲・編曲:シライシ紗トリ

5. WHY?

作詞:真名杏樹 作曲・編曲:シライシ紗トリ

6. 嫌、嫌

7.ライオン ―May'n バージョン―

作詞:Gabriela Robin 作曲・編曲:菅野よう子

Available through Amazon.jp

----------------------------------------------------------

Megumi Nakajima Maxi Single

products87_2.jpg

:lol:

2009.1.28 IN STORES

Original Maxi Single

「天使になりたい」

VTCL-35060 ¥1,260(tax in)

■収録曲

1.天使になりたい

作詞:春行 作曲:重永亮介 編曲:Ryo

2.Be MYSELF

作詞:春行 作曲・編曲:藤澤慶昌

3.パイン

作詞・作曲:春行 編曲:川口圭太

4.(仮)ダジャレのお歌

作詞:MaluMalu 作曲:荒木秀雄・岡本未希子 編曲:宮下浩司

Lobi ;)

May´n Mini Abum

61Sf6Q1q5uL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

:wub:

2009.1.21 IN STORES

Original Mini Album

「メイン☆ストリート」

VTCL-60090 ¥2,200(tax in)

■収録曲

1. May'n☆Space

作詞:真名杏樹 作曲:菅野よう子 編曲:鈴木雅也

2. キスを頂戴

作詞:シライシ紗トリ 作曲・編曲:シライシ紗トリ

3. BLUE

4. Glorious Heart

作詞:シライシ紗トリ、Candy 作曲・編曲:シライシ紗トリ

5. WHY?

作詞:真名杏樹 作曲・編曲:シライシ紗トリ

6. 嫌、嫌

7.ライオン ―May'n バージョン―

作詞:Gabriela Robin 作曲・編曲:菅野よう子

----------------------------------------------------------

Megumi Nakajima Maxi Single

products87_2.jpg

:lol:

2009.1.28 IN STORES

Original Maxi Single

「天使になりたい」

VTCL-35060 ¥1,260(tax in)

■収録曲

1.天使になりたい

作詞:春行 作曲:重永亮介 編曲:Ryo

2.Be MYSELF

作詞:春行 作曲・編曲:藤澤慶昌

3.パイン

作詞・作曲:春行 編曲:川口圭太

4.(仮)ダジャレのお歌

作詞:MaluMalu 作曲:荒木秀雄・岡本未希子 編曲:宮下浩司

Lobi ;)

That's a little disappointing...May'n's mini-album only has two songs written by YK, Megumi's single has none...although I notice that first song on Megumi's single is called, more or less, "Wanna Be an Angel." :lol:

Of course, really, I'm just being a jerk. I want more Sheryl and Ranka music, and most likely neither of these releases will scratch that itch..which is fine; both of them should be able to go in any musical direction they feel like. We don't want them to become bitter about Macross, like Mari Iijima occasionally was/is.

Of course, really, I'm just being a jerk. I want more Sheryl and Ranka music, and most likely neither of these releases will scratch that itch..which is fine; both of them should be able to go in any musical direction they feel like. We don't want them to become bitter about Macross, like Mari Iijima occasionally was/is.

Yes, we want to the come happily to the 30th anniversary. :)

Oh I like those boots. :) (now if she'd just wear a purplish-blue wig and glasses...)

:huh:

Well, at least she doesn't dressed in a carrot costume...so Megumi is now being known as Donut girl....? :huh:

The song I'm really digging now is the remake of Ai Oboete Imasuka - bless the little queen. I love its use at the end of EP 24. You know that the sh%t is about to hit the fan once it starts playing. The rest of the episode has alot of little homages to scenes from DYRL that are awesome.

So is that it for soundtracks for this series, or are they going to release more? (I'm sure that the film will have some new music)

Taksraven

Well, DYRL got it owns theme song "Ai Oboeteimasuka", and maybe MF:Movie theme song will be "Harem Forever" :lol: