Macross Frontier music

Ok, since this is the music thread, do you guys think Aimo is better than Voices? :)

I think Voices is a better song, but Aimo is certainly more versatile...we've had four different versions of Voices (five if you count the instrumental "Myung Theme") that all sound more or less the same, but Aimo O.C. sounds markedly different from the other versions.

Ok, since this is the music thread, do you guys think Aimo is better than Voices? :)

Wait, Aimo isn't a new arrangement of Voices? :blink:

Seriously, though, I liked Voices better, but I think part is not Aimo's fault so much as it getting so much playtime while being a similar feel to Voices, which also got a (relative) lot of playtime, so it felt derivative even early on. Though I agree, the vastly changed creepiness of the O.C. rewrite was pretty cool.

good. comments already. :)

i would agree that Voices is the better song.

but DAMN, aimo does have a way of sticking to the brainpan. it's been my LSS for almost 2 months now, and i find myself humming it absent-mindedly every now and then since the series started. of course, it may be just because i've been watching MF for so long, my mind can't help but retain the song.

If Aimo is not a better song, it certainly comes a close CLOSE second, IMO. :)

Well, comparing Aimo to Voices, I actually like Voices better.

When comparing the original Aimo and Aimo O.C. (fact; Aimo is the Vajra mating song), I couldn't help but to feel sorry to the Vajra who listens to Aimo O.C.

Vajra listening Aimo O.C. : "Mating call", Vajra rushes to source looking for mate.

Vajra approach random NUNS/SMS: "You called?"

Vajra is fired upon and exploded in total confusion. "Wait, I haven't shown you my mating dance yet...." :lol:

Well, comparing Aimo to Voices, I actually like Voices better.

When comparing the original Aimo and Aimo O.C. (fact; Aimo is the Vajra mating song), I couldn't help but to feel sorry to the Vajra who listens to Aimo O.C.

Vajra listening Aimo O.C. : "Mating call", Vajra rushes to source looking for mate.

Vajra approach random NUNS/SMS: "You called?"

Vajra is fired upon and exploded in total confusion. "Wait, I haven't shown you my mating dance yet...." :lol:

:lol: So the Vajra are actually the ancient ancestors of Dr. Zoiberg?? :lol:

I like Sheryl's brief little eyecatch version of Aimo...Voices is still way better

The song I have fallen in love with is Yousei! This really is Frontier's hidden gem. Great vocals and nice haunting instrumentals. I might listen to this more than Northern Cross now. It's just such a contrast to her other tunes, except maybe Diamond Crevasse v2.

Anyone else loving the track "is this LOVE?" as much as I am? I can't seem to get enough of it. I wish they would release more BGM!!!

Edited by Oihan

Anyone else loving the track "is this LOVE?" as much as I am? I can't seem to get enough of it. I wish they would release more BGM!!!

Yeah, that's a great track. It's almost like a Macross II BGM track, but with added accompaniment, which I guess is why you like it. "Protoculture" is really amazing, too... Makes me feel like I can actually picture a truly alien world.

Yeah, that's a great track. It's almost like a Macross II BGM track, but with added accompaniment, which I guess is why you like it. "Protoculture" is really amazing, too... Makes me feel like I can actually picture a truly alien world.

I like Protoculture, but the title's weird. the BGM makes me think more of the Vajra than the Protoculture.

Just got the CD it's fantastic!

Now with that said I really hope they release more BGM on OST 3 I really wanted the music that was played at the begining of ep 13 when Alto arrived at Gallia 4, the military march one. Transformation is similar to it but not still not it. Also the music when sheryl kissed Alto in the hut is another great one still missing.

Chris

Hehe, more or less, yeah. I'm a real sucker for background music; especially music that sounds so great like "is this LOVE?"

yeah, is this LOVE is my fav BGM on the CD, if not all the OSTs. though if you track back a few pages you'll find me incessantly ranting about not finding which episode they used it. got any idea?

Tis a favorite of mine too!!! I searched this thread earlier, for the name of that soundtrack, and saw your posts. I don't ever recall hearing it in Frontier either. Macross II had a similar 'deal' where there was one track, on the second OST, that was never played in II. Someone in this thread suggested that "is this LOVE?" was played in episode 6...at the part where Sheryl is testing things out for her concert. The two are similar...but are definitely not the same song/track. Who knows...maybe they'll use the track in the movie? Either way, it's definitely and easily one of my fav. tracks. Listening to it on my iAudio7 with my Sleek Audio SA6s is just something else. :wub:

Edited by Oihan

Just got the CD it's fantastic!

Now with that said I really hope they release more BGM on OST 3 I really wanted the music that was played at the begining of ep 13 when Alto arrived at Gallia 4, the military march one. Transformation is similar to it but not still not it. Also the music when sheryl kissed Alto in the hut is another great one still missing.

Chris

Actually I think the bulk of that scene is scored with "Test Flight Delight"

Sorry for my english. :)

On the new OST, I hope they appear "covers" of other songs.

For example "Small White Dragon" and "Angel's Paints" of Megumi Nakajima, and "Remember 16" and "My soul for you" of May'n.

And duets, for example "My boyfriend is a pilot", the complete version sung by Megumi and May'n.

Also some song where they appear, Kathy, Nanase, Klan.

Obviously "Aimo" for Maaya Sakamoto.

Some demo of Ranka that was not included in the series.

Thank you all told.

bye! xoxox

Edited by Germán

http://mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/news/200810...00c.html?inb=rs

According to the article, the just-released ORICON BluRay chart rankings for 28th Oct show that the 3rd BD release from MF is sitting on top of the charts, which makes it 3 in a row, a record of sorts.

Also mentioned in the article is that OST2 has sold more than 102k copies in one week, making it the first anime cd soundtrack since End of Eva (1997) to make it past 100k in a week.

I'd say things are looking bright for the Macross franchise right now. =)

Edited by the_foul_fowl

According to the article, the just-released ORICON BluRay chart rankings for 28th Oct show that the 3rd BD release from MF is sitting on top of the charts, which makes it 3 in a row, a record of sorts.

Also mentioned in the article is that OST2 has sold more than 102k copies in one week, making it the first anime cd soundtrack since End of Eva (1997) to make it past 100k in a week.

Lets hope that things stay bright and we don't end up with some sort of overkill.

Taksraven

with the way it's going, i wonder if there's any chance of a grand macross performance with may'n and megumi in this year's Kohaku?

a guy can hope... ^_^

To be honest, I wouldn't mind hearing english versions, provided they were done with the same level of quality. Fire Bomber American was... strange. The voices just didn't have the same feeling at all. If you could get people with similar voices to duplicate the emotions that May'n and Megumi put into their versions, I'd be all for it.

Translation often seems to be an issue with those unfortunately. That recent english fan version of the DYRL theme was pretty well thought out, but then you also have things like the english version of Voices... <_<

To be honest, I wouldn't mind hearing english versions, provided they were done with the same level of quality. Fire Bomber American was... strange. The voices just didn't have the same feeling at all. If you could get people with similar voices to duplicate the emotions that May'n and Megumi put into their versions, I'd be all for it.

Translation often seems to be an issue with those unfortunately. That recent english fan version of the DYRL theme was pretty well thought out, but then you also have things like the english version of Voices... <_<

I think the big problem with translating Japanese to English in music is the incredible amount of syllables you have to add to fill out the lyrics, since it generally takes longer to say something in Japanese than it does in English...which leaves the English versions seeming rather flabby and unnatural.

But yeah, Fire Bomber American had the added problem of having singers that sounded nothing like the Yoshiki Fukuyama and Chie Kajiura, and were singing songs unsuited to their styles. It still find it amazing how great Melodie Sextion (he "Fake Mylene") sounds on "Information High" compared to how awful she sounds on "My Friends."

I say that if they ever do decide to have an English Frontier album...hell, go all out and have May'n and Megumi sing it. "What 'bout my star" notwithstanding, they both have enough of a grasp of English that I think they could handle it.

I have just jumped into this thread. I have owned the OST for a while and the song that I absolutely love the most and listen to over and over and over again is "Ninjin Loves You Yeah"! That song is pure brilliance. Also "Aimo" is True Genius gorgeousness. The whole thing is fantastic. Coming from a freakish Bjork Fanatic this is probably not surprising.