Macross Frontier music

Diamond Crevasse

Dont Be Late

Infinity

Trianglar (however spelled, I think I misspelled it anyways)

Aimo

What Bout my Star (Ranka)

What Bout my Star (Sheryll)

I watch episode 6 ending just for Diamond Crevasse to hear the Macross Quater launch as well.

Why no Poll?

Yuppie! My Music Label Soundwave's MiniSD card just arrived!!

Soundwave has become a Fire Bomber pimp and belts out Bassara! Well... and some Minmey :)

Where can I find an mp3 of Ranka's what bout my star?? :)

I'm actually thinking of Custom Painting a Music Label Soundwave into A Fire Bomber groupie :)

VFTF1

which part is the pirates rip-off? sorry didn't really notice. is it the one at the start of each episode?

It was first played in episode 6 when the Recon VF-171s launched and episode 8 when Alto swoops down from the mainsail, I mean rooftop, in his Ex-Gear and sweeps Sheryl away.

Favourite BGM: Pirates of Caribbean rip-off theme :ph34r:

Wait, anyone like the Zentran enka song? :ph34r:

it is like the Starship Troopers BGM in Macross Zero. :p

It was first played in episode 6 when the Recon VF-171s launched and episode 8 when Alto swoops down from the mainsail, I mean rooftop, in his Ex-Gear and sweeps Sheryl away.

haha. ok just finished watching ep 8 and i heard it. does sound a bit like it. :)

I was wondering which one of the Pirates OST bgm sounds most like the Macross F bgm piece? I was sure reminded of the Pirates OST when I heard the piece, but now, since I don't have the Pirates OST, I can't find out which one is the most similar. "He's a Pirate" is not the closest, is it?

You know what? I can't choose just one. The entire soundtrack is brilliant. B))

Yoko Kanno is indeed the greatest composer ever. ^_^

But if I had to choose some favorites, I love the instrumental piece from the beginning of Episode 2 when Alto is escaping from the Vajra with Ranka "SDFM-style." It was a really strong action-piece that seemed to combine all of the themes used on Episode 1. It almost felt like a reward for waiting for this show to premiere. But I really hope it appears on the OST. I also really like the instrumental that played at the beginning of a few of the Episodes. (It appears at the end of Episode 6 right before Diamond Crevasse.)

"Diamond Crevasse" is also a really beautiful song, and the way they integrated it with the events of Episode 6 and the End credits was absolutely brilliant. Also, I think the song has kinda of a "Cowboy Bebop" feel to it. Only a bit more elegant.

I know people don't think much of Sheryl's version of "What Bout' My Star." But I like it. Mostly because it gives me some serious "Macross Plus" flashbacks. I can literally see Sharon Apple performing it.

In fact, I love how well they integrate the music into the story. The editing and direction is just superb.

Also the way they edit "Infinity" into Episode 7 was just awesome. It made the whole thing feel so epic and heroic. B))

I was writing off Infinity as just another Sheryl pop song until I heard the "leaked Sample" on the Gabriel Robin Fansite - MacrossF Music Leaked

That low-tempo point it starts at has, sultry, jazz feel to it. It moves into an orchestral accompaniment to give it a real epic tone as it picks up the pace, and then breaks into the upbeat pop tune we're familiar with. I think when I hear the OST in a month, the complexity of the piece will make it a winner for me.

I was writing off Infinity as just another Sheryl pop song until I heard the "leaked Sample" on the Gabriel Robin Fansite - MacrossF Music Leaked

That low-tempo point it starts at has, sultry, jazz feel to it. It moves into an orchestral accompaniment to give it a real epic tone as it picks up the pace, and then breaks into the upbeat pop tune we're familiar with. I think when I hear the OST in a month, the complexity of the piece will make it a winner for me.

It's no longer a month...it's now about a week and a half! WOO-HOO!

You know what? I can't choose just one. The entire soundtrack is brilliant. B))

Yoko Kanno is indeed the greatest composer ever. ^_^

ditto, yoko is a goddess!.

I not really a fan of j-pop. but I am a fan of miss kanno!

erm "don't be late" gets my vote.

I was wondering which one of the Pirates OST bgm sounds most like the Macross F bgm piece? I was sure reminded of the Pirates OST when I heard the piece, but now, since I don't have the Pirates OST, I can't find out which one is the most similar. "He's a Pirate" is not the closest, is it?

I also don't have the Pirates OST but to me it seems to be the main theme of the show, it was the track that gets played when we first see Jack arriving at the dock in his sinking boat.

I know people don't think much of Sheryl's version of "What Bout' My Star." But I like it. Mostly because it gives me some serious "Macross Plus" flashbacks. I can literally see Sharon Apple performing it.

Yeah that's why I like that version as well, so Sharon Apple esque.

haha, gabrielarobin.com has exceeded its b/w. MW'd!

Don't worry guys, it'll be back by the start of next month, that's about 7 days (which I suppose, by that time, the OST 1 has already leaked, haha). I am NEVER going to host any music sample in the site again, it's all going to be outsourced from now on.

Anyway, if anyone still wants to listen to the samples, I still have them in my imeem account. PM me if you want to listen to them :)

Edited by mike_s_6

I like the BGM during the Miss Macross Contest, kind of technonish and game show sounding at the same time. Has it been named?

No one knows the name of bgms until they osts are released, we only know the name of inserts because it's in the ED credits.

I like the BGM during the Miss Macross Contest, kind of technonish and game show sounding at the same time. Has it been named?

I definitely like that one as well. They use it in episode 8

as Sheryl is tearing through the school in Ex-Gear

I'm pretty sure the Pirates of the Carribean track we're all thinking of is called "He's a Pirate." DJ Tiesto does a great dance remix.

@mike_s_6

Thanks for doing that website! It's been an awesome source of music info for this series. Your links on the side to CDJapan got me to buy the 3 singles and the OST, including First Press of Ranka's Single. Hopefully you get some advertising credit for it.

I'm pretty sure the Pirates of the Carribean track we're all thinking of is called "He's a Pirate." DJ Tiesto does a great dance remix.

I just downloaded that and that's the one, Kanno's isn't a copy (like Wolf's Rain Cloud 9 :\) but it's clearly influenced.

*goes to listen to He's a Pirate for 1 hour straight*

Edited by Westlo

@mike_s_6

Thanks for doing that website! It's been an awesome source of music info for this series. Your links on the side to CDJapan got me to buy the 3 singles and the OST, including First Press of Ranka's Single. Hopefully you get some advertising credit for it.

Wow, thank you!!! :)

I just downloaded that and that's the one, Kanno's isn't a copy (like Wolf's Rain Cloud 9 :\) but it's clearly influenced.

*goes to listen to He's a Pirate for 1 hour straight*

I loved the Pirates movie and the music to that. I was a bit surprised that "He's a Pirate" doesn't sound exactly like the Macross bgm, but it was the first thing I thought of when I heard the music. Perhaps the main "essence" is there, without really copying it.

CDjapans tracklisting thus far

1. FRONTIER 2059

2. WELCOME TO MY FANCLUB'S NIGHT! (SHERYL ON STAGE)

3. WHAT 'BOUT MY STAR? (SHERYL ON STAGE)

5. VITAL FORCE

7. ZERO HOUR

8. WHAT 'BOUT MY STAR? @FORMO

9. INNOCENT GREEN

12. PRIVATE ARMY

16. ALTO'S THEME

17. TALLY HO!

18. TARGET,THE

19. BAJURA

22. TAKE OFF

Ladies and Gentlemen, WE HAVE FRONTIER O.S.T. TRACK LISTING!!! (from the JVC website)

And it looks like those who thought there would be a Mac Zero connection in this show are right...

1. Frontier 2059

2. Welcome To My FanClub's Night! (Sheryl On Stage)

3. What 'bout my star? (Sheryl On Stage)

4. 射手座☆午後九時Don't be late (Sheryl On Stage) [You all know this one by now.]

5. Vital Force

6. トライアングラー [Triangler]

7. Zero Hour

8. What 'bout my star? @Formo

9. Innocent green

10. アイモ [Aimo]

11. ビッグ・ボーイズ [big Boys]

12. Private Army

13. SMS小隊の歌〜あの娘はエイリアン [sMS Squadron Song ~ That Girl is an Alien] (YES!!!)

14. ニンジーン Loves you yeah ! [Ninjiin Loves you yeah!] ("Ninjin" means carrot, but this may be something else... :unsure: )

15.「超時空飯店 娘々」 CMソング(Ranka Version)[super Dimension Chinese Restaurant Nyan Nyan CM Song] (YES!!!)

16. Alto's Theme

17. TALLY HO!

18. The Target

19. Bajura (Yep, that's how they write it...)

20. キラキラ [Twinkle]

21. アイモ〜鳥のひと [Aimo~The Bird Man] (!!!)

22. Take Off

23. インフィニティ [infinity]

24. ダイアモンド クレバス [Diamond Crevasse]

So it looks like "Sagitarius 9:00 PM Don't Be late" is a different version, so you'll all HAVE to buy the single! And the "Next Episode Preview" music had BETTER be on here...I don't want to have to wait for Volume Two for it...

CDjapans tracklisting thus far

1. FRONTIER 2059

2. WELCOME TO MY FANCLUB'S NIGHT! (SHERYL ON STAGE)

3. WHAT 'BOUT MY STAR? (SHERYL ON STAGE)

5. VITAL FORCE

7. ZERO HOUR

8. WHAT 'BOUT MY STAR? @FORMO

9. INNOCENT GREEN

12. PRIVATE ARMY

16. ALTO'S THEME

17. TALLY HO!

18. TARGET,THE

19. BAJURA

22. TAKE OFF

<_<

But wait... THERE'S MORE! :lol:

(Track lengths, song credits included)

01 Frontier 2059 (03:01)

02 Welcome To My FanClub's Night! (Sheryl On Stage) (03:45)

作词:hal 歌:シェリル·ノーム starring May'n

03 What 'bout my star? (Sheryl On Stage) (05:02)

04 射手座☆午後九時Don't be late (Sheryl On Stage) (06:01)

作词:佐藤大、hal、マイクスギヤマ 歌:シェリル·ノーム starring May'n

05 Vital Force (02:46)

06 トライアングラー (04:37)

作词:Gabriela Robin 歌:坂本真綾 

07 Zero Hour (03:02)

08 What 'bout my star? @Formo (04:45)

作词:hal 歌:ランカ·リー=中島愛、シェリル·ノーム starring May'n

09 Innocent green (02.47)

10 アイモ (01:31)

作词:Gabriela Robin 歌:ランカ·リー=中島愛

11 ビッグ·ボーイズ (01:18)

12 Private Army (02:31)

13 SMS小隊の歌~あの娘はエイリアン (01:00)

作词:黒河影次 歌:SMSのみなさん

14 ニンジーン Loves you yeah ! (01:01)

作词:一倉宏 歌:ランカ·リー=中島愛

15 「超時空飯店 娘々」 CMソング(Ranka Version)(00:20)

作词:吉野弘幸 歌:ランカ·リー=中島愛

16 Alto's Theme (02:02)

17 TALLY HO! (04:32)

18 The Target (05:50)

19 Bajura (02:21)

20 キラキラ (02:37)

21 アイモ~鳥のひと (03:33)

作词:Gabriela Robin、坂本真綾 歌:ランカ·リー=中島愛

22 Take Off (01:47)

23 インフィニティ (04:06)

作词:岩里祐穂 歌:シェリル·ノーム starring May'n

24 ダイアモンド クレバス (05:57)

What the hell is Sheryl doing on Ranka's Formo version of her song?

And what the hell is Ranka NOT doing on "Infinity"? :angry:

So...it looks like the only songs we have yet to hear are the Fan Club song and the Bird Man version of Aimo...

And what the hell is Ranka NOT doing on "Infinity"? :angry:

So...it looks like the only songs we have yet to hear are the Fan Club song and the Bird Man version of Aimo...

It's the non stage performance of Infinity so of course there's no ranka since it's Sheryl's song. But Sheryl being on Ranka's version of What bout my star @ folmo makes no sense... since she was just in the crowd watching with Alto.

It's the non stage performance of Infinity so of course there's no ranka since it's Sheryl's song. But Sheryl being on Ranka's version of What bout my star @ folmo makes no sense... since she was just in the crowd watching with Alto.

Good point.

What the hell is Sheryl doing on Ranka's Formo version of her song?

Good question. It was odd to hear both voices in the leak. Perhaps Sheryl started to sing in the background where no one can hear, and it magically became recorded.