Macross Frontier music

I think what I like best about MF compared to other Kanno works, all the orchestra cues feel connected. In the past her cues often felt more like small standalone pieces with no real connections. MF's cues feel like they fit as part of the larger whole: "Big Boys" in "TALLY HO", "Prologue F" in "Battle Frontier", and I think the brass quotes a little of Alto's theme in "Battle Frontier" as well. That being said, we still need more MF music! Bring on cds 3-10!

Maybe we'll get a OST 3 'For Fans Only' ala MacPlus with all the rare performances included. I wouldn't mind if it was just 10 tracks if at all. :-)

oh yeah, there's no Sheryl's Aimo too? i thought i heard that somewhere.... can't remember :p

A third OST would be nice, preferably with stuff we've only heard in short bits in the anime (Sheryl's Aimo), on Youtube (Bobby's songs) and Sheryl Ranka duets from the final medley, but as individual songs (Sheryl + Ranka Watashi no Kare Wai Pirotto do want). Maybe even some bits of wishful thinking (Ozma and Sheryl Fire Bomber duet like in that comic someone put out some time back).

Edited by d3v

oh yeah, there's no Sheryl's Aimo too? i thought i heard that somewhere.... can't remember :p

One of the eyecatches had Sheryl's Aimo. I can't remember which episode it was. I want the main theme eyecatch with the Big Red hopping around and crashing into the Macross Frontier logo before being swept off weeping by the mustard vajra.

My wish list for next Macross CD:

- Megumi Nakajima singing all Minmay songs

- May'N singing all Basara song

I always pictured track 19 of the 2nd OST as the duet between Minmay and Basara, deculture ^_^

the Ultimate Macross concert? sing-off between Minmay - Mylene - Ranka - Sheryl?

my mind absolutely drools at such a thought. :D

Don't forget Basara! :angry:

...and maybe a special guest appearance by Emilia. ^_^

Makes you wish they'd come out with an album where everyone sings everyone else's songs and/or does duets with them.

Well, they kind of did. Have you heard "Macross the Tribute"?

Basara sings the Macross theme!

Mylene sings "Love You Once More"!

Ishtar sings "Voices"!

Minmay sings "Angel Voice"!

Too bad all the other songs are by non-Macross people...although hearing "Seventh Moon" sung by MIQ is an interesting what-if (as in, "What if Macross 7 were trying to be more like L-Gaim or Dunbine?") as is the guy who sang the Dragonball Z song doing "Planet Dance."

Well, they kind of did. Have you heard "Macross the Tribute"?

Basara sings the Macross theme!

Mylene sings "Love You Once More"!

Ishtar sings "Voices"!

Minmay sings "Angel Voice"!

Too bad all the other songs are by non-Macross people...although hearing "Seventh Moon" sung by MIQ is an interesting what-if (as in, "What if Macross 7 were trying to be more like L-Gaim or Dunbine?") as is the guy who sang the Dragonball Z song doing "Planet Dance."

OMG! Where can I find this!!!

OMG! Where can I find this!!!

You know Macrosshare, don't you? ;) (If not, check the iMacross IV thread...there's a link there.)

The album is kind of a mixed bag...some of the stuff is awesome, some of it is pretty meh. I had high hopes for Ishtar's "Voices," but it barely sounds different from the original. And there are too many non-Macross people singing on it. I wish they'd gotten Akino Arai and Chie Kajiura instead of Ali Project and Yoko Ueno...

You know Macrosshare, don't you? ;) (If not, check the iMacross IV thread...there's a link there.)

The album is kind of a mixed bag...some of the stuff is awesome, some of it is pretty meh. I had high hopes for Ishtar's "Voices," but it barely sounds different from the original. And there are too many non-Macross people singing on it. I wish they'd gotten Akino Arai and Chie Kajiura instead of Ali Project and Yoko Ueno...

Geh, that's what I get for asking without looking. Downloading now.

Depending on the quality, I'll probably just pick out the stuff I like and delete the rest.

Still, I'd love to see at least an album with the latest crop of Macross singers (Megumi Nakajima, May'n and even Maaya Sakamoto) doing older Macross songs. Oh, and Bobby should sing as a bonus track.

Edited by d3v

Macross F Karaoke Part Two Roll Call

Now I was thinking that one special section of this karaoke will be reserved for communities singing the SMS song. Something like YKDB sings the SMS Chant, or Macross World sings the SMS Chant, or Animesuki, or YKFan, or the Smiths family, or what have you…

Ok, who wants in? I might be able to record a part or something, but I have absolutely no ability on mixing or sound editing (probably Hikuro can take care of that if he is interested).

Macross F Karaoke Part Two Roll Call

Ok, who wants in? I might be able to record a part or something, but I have absolutely no ability on mixing or sound editing (probably Hikuro can take care of that if he is interested).

My primary affiliation is YKDB so I'll join that community - I've started it there and volunteered to mix :D The moderator of YKFan also expressed interest, I hope the rest of their forum is equally enthusiastic :) It doesn't really take much to mix music, just an ear for volume and the software. My preference are these two:

Audacity (Free, very easy to use):

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

or

Adobe Audition (free to try for 30 days then must purchase, might be harder to use, but of course has tons more functionality):

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/

Good luck! :)

Don't forget Myung too. People always seem to forget her. dry.gif

Well - she has herself to thank for that. "I gave all that up a long time ago" yadee yadee yadee ble ble ble. It's nice that she rediscovers her heart in the end - but Myung is one hit wonder girl.

Pete

Well, favorite is definitely LION... I love the build-up, pace and urgency of the lyrics, and now I always see the final attack whenever I hear it on my iPod. I've registered for AFA08, now eagerly awaiting the details of May'n's performance. :-)

What my favorite is has been changing as I watched the series and after: right now I'd say the one I keep coming back to in Northern Cross, but there are a lot of runners up. I'm really most impressed though, by overall musical direction: with the exception of opening/ending themes and Aimo being played into the ground, I don't remember any vocals getting played more than three times, or any BGM being too heavily relied upon. Even then I'll give the qualifiers that Aimo got more arrangements than anything else, the O.C version was shockingly different, and it still wasn't Planet Dance levels of overuse.

1 - Northern Cross

2 - Diamond Crevasse

3 - infinity

4 - Lion

5 - yousei (fairy)

6 - What'bout my star (all versions)

7 - Ai no oebaete

8 - Aoi no Eteru

9 - Anata no Oto

10 - Iteza Gogo Kuji (Don't be late)

thats my top 10. Seikan Hikou comes in at #11, and it was close - but I like Sheryl more ^^... it all depends on what my mood is really.

Edited by Shaka_Z

Well - she has herself to thank for that. "I gave all that up a long time ago" yadee yadee yadee ble ble ble. It's nice that she rediscovers her heart in the end - but Myung is one hit wonder girl.

Pete

And sadly, even her friends know it.

What was that ONE song you always used to sing? voices?

:p