Macross Frontier music

I re-encoded the [Nipponsei] release to something a bit more size-friendly for portable music players (MP3 VBR). You'll find it in the first post of the Series discussion thread.

Here's hoping it'll break the #1 in weekly ratings.

Has an anime related OST ever done that?

Not in this day and age I believe. If I recall, Frontier's OSTs are the first anime OSTs to start charting that high in quite some time.

Bah, links dead.

Okay I put it up again on Mecha Marshmellow, using Rapid share this time so maybe itll last longer...download then hit "extract files here" or where ever u want them (my first time compressing something so it doesnt work like the other ppl's do) otherwise it just installs WINRAR for some reason :rolleyes: It workss though, I tested it.

Edited by Jedikid129

God I love the compilation song from episode 25. Nothing beats the Do You Remember Love, Lion combo :)

Yeah...makes me wonder if YK specifically wrote "Lion" to fit with "DYRL." I doubt it was just a happy accident.

By the way, has no one put scans of the CD booklet up...? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I'm picking up my copy next weekend, but I'd like to get crackin' on the liner notes now.

Hi, just DLed OST 2 yesterday.

Northern Cross has a different ending.

High School Life (next ep bg) is great. Love the funky guitars. B))

Yousei / Ao no Ether were good.

Triangler / shinkuu no DC. Something's bothering 'bout May'n's voice . I dunno, maybe a bit "throaty"? and the breathing? :unsure:

Megumi's voice is ok.

Protoculture = CRRRRRREEEEEEPPPY! makes my skin crawls! :wacko:

Other tracks are ok.

Overall, IMO OST 2 was ok but I still prefer OST 1.

Can't wait for OST 3. I wish they include the panty chase BG ! :lol:

Triangler / shinkuu no DC. Something's bothering 'bout May'n's voice . I dunno, maybe a bit "throaty"? and the breathing? :unsure:

Megumi's voice is ok.

I think it's made to make her sound older and a bit more sensual.

Yeah...makes me wonder if YK specifically wrote "Lion" to fit with "DYRL." I doubt it was just a happy accident.

By the way, has no one put scans of the CD booklet up...? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I'm picking up my copy next weekend, but I'd like to get crackin' on the liner notes now.

Can't find it either, I just received a note from the post office that an import is in my inbox, but they're only open during weekdays and I can't fetch it anytime soon because I'm working :angry:

Another great CD. Pretty much all the songs are great. I keep listening to High School Life and Anato no Oto more than anything else at the moment, but they are all great songs IMO. Even the various BGM tracks are interesting. Listening to High School Life makes me wish they created lyrics for it. It has such a great rhythm I can't help but nod my head along with the beat. What a cool song to jam with.

Of all the tracks, Test Flight Delight is the one that gives me a major Macross Plus vibe. I'd say nicely aural link between Kanno's two Macross outings.

On a different note, alot of the orchestral tracks remind me of Hitoshi Sakimoto's work, to the point where some of them would fit in nicely with any Ivalice-set Final Fantasy game.

Edited by d3v

I re-encoded the [Nipponsei] release to something a bit more size-friendly for portable music players (MP3 VBR). You'll find it in the first post of the Series discussion thread.

Sounds nice for those that want it, though might I recommend doing it from the LonE release. Lossy compression atop lossy compression is never a nice thing.

Looks like I need to clear more disk space (by ironically burning off Frontier itself...)

Nice to finally hear the full version of Bless the Little Queen and the battle version of Aimo (which is awesome despite being so wrong...). Good to see they included the whole battle medley. I'd still love some of the other in show versions.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Comments have been made regarding who the very last voice was singing on the final episode since it appeared that neither Sheryl nor Ranka were singing. Now that we have had a chance to listen to track 19 Nyan Nyan Service Medley, what does anybody think? To me it still sounds like Ranka with different mixing/filtering or what have you.

I know we are all beating around the bush to say that perhaps it is supposed to be a hint regarding Minmay. Even after hearing the OST2 track 19 I'm still not conclusive on it. I still don't know what to make of it.

Comments have been made regarding who the very last voice was singing on the final episode since it appeared that neither Sheryl nor Ranka were singing. Now that we have had a chance to listen to track 19 Nyan Nyan Service Medley, what does anybody think? To me it still sounds like Ranka with different mixing/filtering or what have you.

I know we are all beating around the bush to say that perhaps it is supposed to be a hint regarding Minmay. Even after hearing the OST2 track 19 I'm still not conclusive on it. I still don't know what to make of it.

I thought that was Ranshe Mei - Maaya Sakamoto.

I second that. But Minmay sounds plausible

adrianop is right. According to the CD credits, the medley is sung by Sheryl Nome starring May'n, Ranka Lee = Megumi Nakajima, and Maaya Sakamoto (Ranshe).

Still waiting on FLAC version >_> *hides*

[LonE] released their FLAC today.

[LonE] ​_Kanno​_Yoko,​_Sheryl​_Nome​_starring​_May'n,​_Nakajima​_Megumi,​ _Sakamoto​_Maaya​_-​_Macross​_Frontier​_O.S.T.​_2​_Nyan​_Tora​_[w​ _scans]​_(FLAC).rar

Of all the tracks, Test Flight Delight is the one that gives me a major Macross Plus vibe. I'd say nicely aural link between Kanno's two Macross outings.

On a different note, alot of the orchestral tracks remind me of Hitoshi Sakimoto's work, to the point where some of them would fit in nicely with any Ivalice-set Final Fantasy game.

So I'm not the only one that thought of Ivalice-set Final Fantasy! :) There's in particular towards the end of OST1 track 17 "Tallyho!" a little while before the dramatic SMS theme. Reminded me of one of the themes from FFXII.

OST 2 is awesome.

my fav now is #6 Anata no oto, and #10 Sheryl's Fairy is not bad too. Love that Medley, but still think the part with Interstellar Flight is kinda weird and abit off. and pity i thought we get a longer Ranshe's version of Aimo.

Aimo OC sounds kinda scary. nice in a different way.

Been listening to OST2 constantly since getting it and the only negative point is no full Ranshe/Maaya Aimo. May'n's songs are the highlight for me, love them all. Between the emotional Shinkuu vocals or the arrangement in the normal DC its hard to decide which version of DC i like more.

So I'm not the only one that thought of Ivalice-set Final Fantasy! :) There's in particular towards the end of OST1 track 17 "Tallyho!" a little while before the dramatic SMS theme. Reminded me of one of the themes from FFXII.

Well,at the very least Kanno and Sakimoto both love to layer their orchestral tracks in a similar manner.

adrianop is right. According to the CD credits, the medley is sung by Sheryl Nome starring May'n, Ranka Lee = Megumi Nakajima, and Maaya Sakamoto (Ranshe).

We didn't even need the CD to confirm this. We see them all credited for the medley in the ending credits of the final episode.

[LonE] released their FLAC today.

[LonE] ​_Kanno​_Yoko,​_Sheryl​_Nome​_starring​_May'n,​_Nakajima​_Megumi,​ _Sakamoto​_Maaya​_-​_Macross​_Frontier​_O.S.T.​_2​_Nyan​_Tora​_[w​ _scans]​_(FLAC).rar

Thank you sir! :D